Mohonk Mountain House

New Paltz, NY

Book Your Wedding with Mohonk Mountain House

A BALLROOM IN NEW PALTZ, NY

The Formal Garden. The Formal Garden is a ceremony location that directly faces the largest garden in this venue. It features a wide variety of colorful floral arrangements, as well as lush green lawns and towering trees. Up to 200 people can be seated in this area.

The Mountain View Garden. The Mountain View Garden is a lush green lawn peppered with decorative flowers and shrubbery. It is bordered by flowering vine arbors and a maze of evergreen trees. This location has an unobstructed view of the Catskill mountains.

The East Dining Room. The East Dining Room is an intimate reception space for up to 80 guests. It features large bay windows and dark wood accents. The custom wall and ceiling lighting play off of this dark wood, creating a warm and inviting atmosphere.

The Sky Lake Conference House. The Sky Lake Conference House is a separate building that is not attached to the main house. It features its own lobby and foyer. This building has views of the lake on two sides, and it is decorated in subtle shades of blues and greens to highlight the lake's natural beauty. About 125 guests can be comfortably seated in this space.

The Pavilion. The Pavilion is a large outdoor reception space that can accommodate up to 200 guests. It features a large stone fireplace, and it is surrounded by vines and towering trees.

Mohonk Mountain House offers a variety of wedding packages to fit nearly any budget. Some packages are all inclusive, while others only cover the basics. All catering and beverage services are provided by the venue, and couples can choose whether they want to serve a full meal or just appetizers and drinks. All wedding packages also include overnight accommodations for the bride and groom.

Overnight accommodations are also available to guests and other members of the wedding party for an additional cost. Couples who book a block of rooms for their event may be eligible for a discounted room fee. If you are interested in having a wedding at this venue during the summer and booking rooms for an overnight stay, book them well in advance, because the summer is this venue's busiest time.

There is an on-site wedding coordinator who helps with all weddings at this venue. The coordinator helps couples plan their wedding, and they are on site the day of the event to help ensure that things run smoothly and that all food and drink services are in order.

Mohonk Mountain House is a beautiful and versatile venue, and it offers wedding parties a wide variety of extra perks.

• Hiking and biking trails
  • A full service day spa
  • Wellness and fitness center
  • Canoe and boat rentals
  • Cross country skiing lessons in winter
  • 18-hole golf course

A Romantic Victorian Castle Resort!

Just 90 miles from NYC, our spectacular setting is ideal for your wedding. With the #1 Spa in the US, a 19th-century Parlor or stunning gardens for your reception, charming accommodations, exquisite cliffs and a pristine lake, private dining and catering, horse and carriage rides, golf, and more!

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Barn, Waterfront, Garden, Castle, Estate, Historic Venue, Hotel, Park, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Transportation

1000 Mountain Rest Road, New Paltz, NY (866) 769-5702

Perfect

Reviewed on 9/06/2014 erin r

My husband and I were married at Mohonk in June 2014. Everything was incredible, and we really can't say enough good things about Aimee, our coordinator at Mohonk. Our ceremony was at their beautiful garden, cocktails were on a gorgeous balcony overlooking their lake, and the... Read More reception was in their East Dining Room, which was the indoor option for an evening wedding. We had about 78 people, which felt like a good amount for that room, including a dance floor. They were also super accommodating of our request for all vegan food. They really went above and beyond. We also recommend using the picnic house for a rehearsal dinner setting. they set up outdoor seating and had a firepit going, which was really great.

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 JD S

Stunning location! The views are breathtaking, and the hotel is beautiful and atmospheric- a Victorian castle! We love the history and natural surroundings, and it was a perfect fit for us and our wedding. We especially cannot speak highly enough of Aimee, our wedding... Read More coordinator, who was fantastic in the planning and especially at the rehearsal and day of the wedding- she was incredibly organized, professional, and insightful- even finding us the perfect wedding cake, and ensuring all of our plans were realized, down to the tiniest details! Removing one star for our one complaint... the main entrees. These were unfortunately a disappointment to us and our guests. They did not look or taste anything like the food we had at the tasting. Other than that, we and our guests had an amazing time.

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Michael D

We contacted Mohonk via phone and email to try and inquire as to pricing and availability for our wedding. After 2 phone calls and 2 emails, we have not heard anything from anyone in the Wedding Department at Mohonk for 4 weeks now. Why on earth would we trust them to put on our... Read More wedding if they can't return a phone call or respond to an email? I'm sure the wedding would look lovely, but if we're going to pay thousands of dollars to throw our wedding, you have to demonstrate that you're worth the trust and money. Mohonk failed in that regard. Buyer beware.

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Jill G

My new husband Michael and I were married at Mohonk just this past Sunday, August 20th. I cannot say enough about how wonderful the experience was. We visit Mohonk for the first time and met with Christina, our wedding coordinator, on May 13th, and booked just 3 months out. Even... Read More though we had just over 3 months to plan, everything was seamless. We had the ceremony in the Mountain View Gardens, the cocktail hour on the Parlor Porch, and the reception was in the pavilion. Everything was gorgeous. We used Maggie Heinzel-Neel for our photographer (one of the ones recommended by Mohonk), Alex Mazur as our DJ (contacted through Mohonk because we had our reception outside) and had our hair and makeup done at the salon at Mohonk. Everyone was amazing. The food was wonderful as well. All of our guests were thrilled. Thank you, Mohonk, for such an incredible day!!

Reviewed on 7/28/2017 Corinne B

Mohonk was the most incredible venue for our June 2017 wedding. Aimee was so helpful -- she thought of every detail and answered all of our (many, many) questions -- we knew we were in very good hands throughout the entire process.

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Lydia C

They never returned my requests for a tour. I called and left messages and traded a few emails back and forth with the wedding coordinator. I requested a tour on this website and still no response was given.

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Mike P

Cannot say enough! Aimee was incredible and made sure everything ran smoothly through the whole planning process and the day of the wedding. We had a ceremony in the garden, a cocktail hour on the porch and a reception in the pavilion. Aimee made sure all the moving parts went... Read More together and was super accommodating with all of our requests. The day was perfect all thanks to her!

Reviewed on 3/17/2017 Samantha B

Our wedding coordinator at Mohonk, Aimee, was a rockstar. She went above and beyond, even offering to drive offsite to pick up something for our wedding that vendor didn't deliver on time. The food was very good, and the only caveat about that was the cake wasn't decorated as I... Read More had expected, but the flavor was good, and my brother in law who doesn't normally like cake commented that he really liked the cake. Aimee was amazing at being very helpful and accessible through the whole process, which was great since we were from out of town. She was also very calm and collected when, due to our florist, things got started later than planned. I would definitely work with Aimee again if the opportunity ever arose. Also Mohonk Mountain House is just a very beautiful venue in general. We got married in the formal gardens in the fall and the flowers were unreal they were so pretty, and the view of the mountains in the background, plus the lake made for spectacular photos.

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Ferve O

My husband and I had our wedding at the Mohonk Mountain House on Memorial Day weekend 2016 and we can’t gush about it enough. It was magical; the Mohonk staff went way above-and-beyond to make our wedding vision come true and everything blew my expectations when it came... Read More together. After months of searching, we tried Mohonk at my husband’s suggestion and immediately fell in love. We worked with Mohonk wedding coordinator Aimee Ciarimboli and after many, many emails and calls over almost one year, I can say without reservations that she is a consummate professional, a problem-solver, creative thinker, and detailed-oriented, attentive, and a stalwart advocate for us. She makes things happen; when we wanted to decorate the railing around the rink, we brainstormed a solution. We worked together to find bands that would meet the sound restrictions and still have a hopping dance floor. She is responsive and a planner; her careful planning helped the day go smoothly. On the day of, she regularly checked in and took care of us and our family like her own. She effectively communicated and there were no surprises the day of. She accommodated our work schedule to meet us and be available by phone after hours. Being a long-time member of the weddings department, she knew the Mohonk inside out and had tips for us on every detail. Having spoken to a few wedding planners before coming to Mohonk, we could easily tell the difference. She takes ownership. And she is also a very cool and fun person and shared our joy on our special day. Weddings Department Manager Robert Leduc was also wonderful to work with. We could not be more grateful to Aimee and the entire Mohonk staff for blowing away our expectations for a dream wedding weekend. I recommend Mohonk without reservation for a wedding. Please read my full review on TripAdvisor for all the delicious details: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g48245-d99001-Reviews-Mohonk_Mountain_House-New_Paltz_New_York.html

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Elisabeth R

Mohonk was an absolute delight for our wedding. My husband and I wanted an intimate and joyful celebration, in a beautiful outdoor setting, with an equally appealing indoor option in case of bad weather. My fiancé and I both travel and rehearse a lot with our orchestra, and we... Read More were eager to avoid unnecessary stress, fuss, and loose ends. It would have been nice to have the time to be more creative and "do-it-yourself," but we simply didn't have the time or energy! We were hoping to have a unique and memorable low key event, but still beautiful and elegant. We liked that Mohonk could host our ceremony and reception, that their experienced in-house wedding coordinators could help us with all the details, and that our overseas guests could have the option to stay there or at another hotel in the area. Christina was very helpful in answering all of our questions, and giving us plenty of advice. Her twenty years of experience shows in her calmness, and yet she still treats you with much patience and attention. She arranged one or two meetings which were thorough and comprehensive... But also a great chance to spend more time enjoying the place! The only thing is that, because of how much focus and dedication she gives to each event, it can be hard to reach her on short notice, as she might not be available to answer calls or emails immediately. "Mohonk resort time" is definitely a different world, but if it's something that appeals to you, you can relax and let the event flow naturally, and trust in the expertise of such a well-managed operation. Other great benefits that added value: bridal suite, honeymoon suite, meals, quiet and beautiful spa (I was the only person getting my hair done at their professional salon at 8:30 on a Sunday morning, so it felt like a very private experience). I then did my own makeup in the bridal suite. Our ceremony in the gardens was better than we could have hoped, and really brought to life our wish to celebrate our faith in the principles of Truthfulness, Compassion, and Patience (www.falundafa.org), and the cocktail hour on their fabulous wide porch overlooking the lake was something that I wished could have continued for hours. Our chocolate wedding cake was probably the best i have ever had, and they did a beautiful job with decorating it. Finally, we loved having the honeymoon suite so that we could spend the following day hiking the grounds and enjoying the quiet time. Our fantastic photographer Edward Dye made himself available for the whole day, so we had plenty of time and flexibility to take the most spectacular photos. That was a huge bonus of having the natural beauty of a place like Mohonk-- now we will have hundreds of photos to capture the magic of the weekend.

Gorgeous Place!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

I've been to a number of events at Mohonk Mountain House. The service and food are always top notch every time, but what I'm really here to rave about is the location itself. Set in the beautiful Hudson Valley, the house overlooks a lake and mountain range. Every season is... Read More beautiful, but the autumn is spectacular! I'm also a bit of a historic house enthusiast. The woodwork and Victorian era wallpaper and light fixtures give the feeling of stepping back in time. This is a great place to book several rooms the week of the wedding and just make it one big, long party.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 nicole b

I've had the pleasure of photographing several weddings at Mohonk. The lake, the gardens, the stonework, the view of the valley, the decks, and the building itself are all incredible! It's gorgeous during every season. Guests are most certainly wowed when they step on the... Read More property. There are endless locations to take wedding photos! A magnificent backdrop! Weddings are well coordinated and the food is both visually appealing and delicious. With a spa on site as well as lodging, there's no reason for couples to step off site on their wedding day! I can't speak highly enough about this venue. Truly! -Nicole Wagner, Custom by Nicole Photography

A Topnotch Wedding Experience

Reviewed on 10/22/2015

As my wife and I were both born and raised in the area, we grew to cherish the scenery, history and ideals of the Hudson Valley region and its people. So when it came to deciding on a venue to hold our small and intimate wedding, we both immediately came to the same conclusion... Read More – Mohonk Mountain House. We had both previously visited Mohonk to hike, stay, eat, and be captivated by its immeasurable charm. Needless to say, we thought collectively we’d experienced most of the magic that makes Mohonk well, “Mohonk.” From our first meeting with Mohonk’s wedding coordinator, Aimee, we got the sense that we hadn’t even scratched the surface. My wife will tell you that I’m an obsessive planner… page long checklists in preparation for vacations, packing for all four seasons to go to the beach for a week, factoring in worst-case scenarios and the like. So having someone else coordinate our wedding was going to be something new to me. Well, we couldn’t have found a better person than Aimee. She was extremely professional, polite, calm and understood what we wanted even when we didn’t know how to express it. The entire weekend played out like a dream and Mohonk certainly delivered more of its magic thanks to Aimee and her team (including group sales, flower shop, gift shop, dining staff, guest services, as well as countless others behind the scenes). No amount of planning that I could have done would’ve matched what they accomplished with such ease. Throughout our stay every guest approached us to let us know how amazing and memorable the event was and how unbelievably kind the staff at Mohonk treated them. Mohonk is more than a historic hotel perched atop the Shawangunk Ridge; it’s an unforgettable guest experience. It’s been nearly 8 months since our winter wedding and our guests are still talking about it. When we think back on it, we wish we could do it all over again – and the best part is we wouldn’t change a thing. Simply stated, words can’t adequately express how grateful we are that Aimee and Mohonk were part of our special day.

Ted & Duffy's wedding

Reviewed on 10/22/2015

Amazing place to be married...with out a doubt the best ever! We were cared for throughout the whole process without fail. Everything was provided to make sure that our Special Day was indeed "Special"! Ours was not the first same sex wedding done there and i am quite sure it... Read More will not be the last! BRAVO!

Reviewed on 7/29/2015

Our wedding at Mohonk was just perfect! Aimee was our coordinator and she did an exceptional job! Once the wedding started, we did not have to worry about anything, everything was taken care of. The wedding went smooth, just like planned. During planning process Aimee was very... Read More accommodating and executed everything we asked for. During the initial stage of the planning it took a bit to get a response back (they seem very busy over there) but once the wedding was getting closer, it took less time to get a response. And right before the wedding, Aimee was always available. Every detail during the wedding was thought through. After the wedding, Mohonk gave us a memorable gift that will keep bringing sweet memories of our time at Mohonk. It was an excellent experience. We loved it and could not ask for a better venue!

The Perfect Venue!

Reviewed on 11/18/2014 Virginia P

We selected Mohonk Mountain House for our ceremony and reception. I wanted to have the convenience of holding both at the same venue, and Mohonk made it so easy! In addition, they provided the cake (many options to choose from and they will accommodate specific design... Read More requests). Aimee was our wedding planner and she was so helpful, accommodating and attentive. The food was really amazing - many of our guests from the wedding are still raving about the food! The service was also great, far exceeding our expectations. I felt like the staff really cared that we have a great wedding, and I like the fact that they don't schedule more than one wedding at a time. As part of our package, we stayed at Mohonk on our wedding night. The staff left a very sweet care package in our room which included a bottle of champagne, a card, some treats and a couple of gifts from the gift shop. The most amazing part about having our wedding at Mohonk is that we can visit/stay whenever we want and reminisce about our perfect wedding day!

An absolutely perfect wedding!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Leah H

Even though Mohonk is a pricey place to stay overnight ($600+ for two people all-inclusive), as a wedding venue it was actually quite reasonable. The site fee was only $650, while other venues we looked at asked for upwards of $9,000, and then they had the same per-head cost on... Read More top of that, and didn't come with nearly as many benefits as Mohonk. We chose the mid-level "Edwardian Splendor" pricing, which included passed hors d'oeuvres and trays of cheese and veggies during cocktail hour, open bar during cocktail hour (plus a couple additional glasses of wine during dinner), a three-course dinner, wedding cake with chocolate-covered strawberries and petit-fours, an overnight stay for the bride and groom, and a bridal suite to get ready the morning of the wedding. We opted to add quite a few other fun things, including an extra room for the groomsmen to get ready, open bar (at-cost) during the entire dinner reception, and an hour-long bonfire after-party with s'mores and hot apple cider. We really feel we got our money's worth, but you could also easily spend less by going with the less extravagant dinner and cocktail options and cutting out the extra features we opted for. Beyond pricing, the venue was absolutely stellar on the day-of. Our wedding coordinator, Christina Latvatalo, did a totally amazing job. Everything stayed on schedule and went perfectly smoothly. She worked well with all our vendors and had suggesions for us every step of the way. Our one complaint is that communication leading up to the wedding was rather slow. Sometimes it would be two weeks before we heard back from an email. Phone calls and voice mails seemed to elicit a quicker response, though. The other staff was also really sweet. Among their many gestures, they drove us up the mountain in a van so we could take wedding photos there, chauffered infirm guests to the ceremony space in a golf cart, and were so friendly and nice at every turn. They all seem to truly love their work, and it shows in the results. Lastly, it must be noted how absolutely beautiful Mohonk's property is. A lot of our guests had never been there before, so it was a real treat for them to come. Some attendees went hiking before or after the wedding, and many of them commented on how stunning the venue was. I could go on and on about how great the venue and its staff are. HIGHLY recommended!

Fairy Tale wedding

Reviewed on 10/23/2014

My husband and I got married at the Mohonk Mountain House on August 26, 2012. This wedding venue is magical, like being in a dream. Starting with the mountain, cliffs, lake, garden, carriage ride, the veranda with rocking chairs, the FOOD; so much more, I could go on and on.... Read More But, the one person that deserves all the credit to make it all come together, calmed all my fears,made sure every request fulfilled and literally worked her way to my heart was Aimee Cirambolli! I still after two years email just to say hello. We had a beautiful garden wedding with the bridal party arriving in a horse and carriage, violin trio playing under the tree. Just exquisite and surreal. My guests were blown away with the Vista, the FOOD and the rooms. We had beautiful bridal suite with a cupola and a view on the lake and the other side the mountain. We go back to Mohonk every year for our anniversary. Oh, let me not forget the Spa. Best message ever! My guests still comment to this day, what a beautiful place and how much they enjoyed themselves. Thanks Aimee for making our dreams come true. You are the best! Ann and Louie

Great place to get married

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Lisa L

Not your typical hotel wedding. You are in very unique place surrounded by beautiful nature. We had a small wedding and all the services including flowers, wedding cake, hair and makeups were provided by the hotel. I lived out of the state and did not have time to go there ahead... Read More of The wedding. I arranged everything with Christine on the phone and via email. I emailed her the photos of what I wanted and she definitely delivered! Food and services were wonderful! I also had the best wedding photographer based their recommendation.

The best!

Reviewed on 10/21/2014

We wanted a small, destination wedding in the mountains. Something elegant, simple and fun for a number of age groups. Mohonk was perfect! Aimee was very easy to work with and did a really bang-up job and I am not being easy with my praise. Mohonk is in a beautiful setting, the... Read More food is fantastic and the activities (the spa is not to be missed!). We signed the contract immediately and were not disappointed. Aimee orchestrated the event perfectly and even had a Plan B in place if our outdoor service needed to be moved indoors - which it did with the last minute storm arriving right before the service. I could not have asked for a more stress free big day. Recommend it highly!

Better than I Hoped

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 nicole v

Mohonk Mountain House is magical. Christina and Amy are like having a wedding planner. The views, the food, the service are completely amazing and worth every cent. I hope I get invited to more weddings there.

Best and most beautiful wedding ever!

Reviewed on 10/21/2014

Mohonk mountain house is the most incredible place to get married. It is not a wedding factory and you still get personalized wedding planner services.... they can help with everything! We took advantage of the services that they had (below) and they gave us recommendations... Read More for music and photographers - all who knew the venue. For example the photographer knew every great place to take pictures so it was less research on out part. We used the florist on site who put together all of the bouquets and arrangements from flowers in the garden - can't get fresher than that! We actually saw her the day before in a golf cart gathering stuff. The food was absolutely incredible - everyone raved about it! The cake was amazing - even the top part a year later. :) I got my hair done at the salon and they were awesome. Didn't have a consultation either - just said what I wanted and they took care of it.... Even came in early before regular schedules to accommodate me. We got married in the garden and the scenery was breathtaking. Had cocktails on the porch which was incredible. Because it is a historic site we couldn't have alcohol but we got mocktails and everyone enjoyed them. And of course the reception room is beautiful. The planners helped us think of everything - down to having water available for the ceremony in case it was a hot day (July). We looked at a bunch of places and hands down Mohonk was a winner! 1. You really can't do any better than getting married in a castle. 2. Other locations in the Hudson valley might have been slightly cheaper (like $10 a person) but the location missed the mark. There is no way you can replicate the photos! 3. The rain location at Mohonk is a gorgeous windowed room whereas other places are closed ballrooms. We knew that even if the weather was bad it would be a beautiful day. 4. Being able to use on-site services (cake, flowers, hair) instead of coordinating all of the vendors is an easy way to reduce stress. 5. Because they are not a wedding factory, the planners really know who you are. They were very available for meeting and calls to make sure that everything was perfect. 6. There are lots of hotels with 30 minutes to give guests sleepover options at any price range. 7. It is an easy drive from CT, NY and PA. Only 90 minutes from Manhatttan makes it a great destination wedding without the hassle of flying. 8. Being able to stay over for your anniversary or special occasion is always nice. We had the opportunity to celebrate our babymoon there and hope to have more "excuses" to visit and remember the special day we had. The only downside is that you can't count on guests not coming - some people might go out of their way to attend because it is Mohonk! :)

Great Wedding and Value

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Jennifer T

We had a wonderful wedding and reception here in 2009 for 140 guests. We had Mohonk do our flowers, cake and rehearsal dinner and also had our hair done at the salon. The staff were all extremely organized and professional, and made everything very easy. The food was great... Read More and the views from the reception room were fabulous. Even though we went with one of the least expensive packages, everyone thought they were attending an $80,000 wedding, which it was not. I've been to boring, cookie-cutter weddings in glorified conference rooms that cost four times what we paid. This is certainly a wonderful and unique location for a memorable wedding.

Small Fall Wedding

Reviewed on 10/16/2014

Mohonk Mountain House was a wonderful place to have a fall wedding. The planning process was streamlined by Aimee and the other wedding planners at Mohonk. They did a beautiful job on the cake which everyone enjoyed. Also, everyone raved about the food as well. By having a... Read More small wedding we were able to have the full range of the dinner menu. Taking pictures was a breeze as well as that they gave us a golf cart to get around. Also, when trying to coordinate details the wedding planners answered information in a timely manner and were very reassuring. The type of service I received was simply phenomenal and I highly recommend Mohonk Mountain House for a wedding.

Beautiful Wedding in a Beautiful Setting

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Christine L

Christina and Amy made us feel very well taken care of. We were extremely pleased and several months out, guests are still raving about the food!