Making your dreams come true

Mon Amie is the West Coast's most prestigious bridal salon. Featuring over 50 designers, Mon Amie presents an exquisite international collection for brides, mothers, bridesmaids, and flower girls and also offers shoes, jewelry, headpieces, veils, wedding day accessories, and expert alterations.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Custom Designs, Private Appointments Available, Fashion Services, Fashion

355 Bristol St, Costa Mesa, CA

I don't get it?

Reviewed on 4/25/2013 Christine C

I kept reading bad reviews of Mon Amie and totally feared going. It was only my second stop of my first day looking. Susan listened to me regarding budget and style and even helped pull dresses with wiggle room in the budget I gave her. I chose a dress that was actually well... Read More within and under. (The reason they don't want you looking at dresses outside of your budget is because they don't want you to fall in love with a dress you can't afford and be heartbroken!) Suzanne fitted my dress so precisely that at my first fitting, we found no alterations needed to be done except installing the bustle. NOTHING! And it's only the prettiest dress that's ever been created <3 Thank you Mon Amie!!!

Reviewed on 3/22/2013 Erica A

I found my PERFECT dress here!!!!

My review of Mon Amie Bridal Salon

Reviewed on 1/22/2013 Jessica D

Mon Amie was perfect for finding my wedding dress. My wedding dress was the first I tried on. The women working there were extremely helpful, and the seamstress, Gloria, was amazing and lovely to work with. I recommend this salon to everyone. It could not have been better!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Marya M

After a visiting bridal salons in Burbank, Glendale, Pasadena and Fullerton, I found my perfect bridal gown at Mon Amie in Costa Mesa. Frankly, at first I was a little intimidated by Mon Amie's longstanding reputation for beautiful designer bridal gowns and had preconceived... Read More notions that the staff would be snobby...but I was wrong! I was greeted by a friendly staff member at the reception desk as soon as I walked in the door. I was initially a little put off by the sales consultant's bluntness in telling me shortly after meeting me that there clearly is a problem if I've visited so many stores and hadn't found a gown yet. Of course she was right, but her approach was not appreciated. In any case, Vicki knew what she was doing. After the one bump in road, she listened to me and helped me find the dress that flattered me best and reflected my personality. I was so happy! And it's true, when you try on the dress that's meant to be yours, you will know instinctively. Searching for your bridal gown is actually not like a "Say Yes to the Dress" episode, but it's better - it's your own journey. So if you're driving yourself crazy (or if other people are getting into your head), take a deep breath and go to Mon Amie. My budget was limited to around $1750, but they had lots of style to choose from-- even for a 5ft petite bride like me. One of the best parts of Mon Amie is Stella from the alterations department. She had the best undergarment advice which I followed. I love and still wear the recommended undergarments. To my surprise, she recommended an undergarment from Target (Assets) that was relatively inexpensive and the NuBra. As far as the alterations of the gown, it was an amazing transformation! I had loved the gown before alterations, but Stella worked her magic and made a huge difference in my silhouette. I'm so happy with my bridal gown, and I received tons of compliments on my gown specifically from our wedding guests and family. Happy bridal gown hunting!! Hope this helps.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

Susan was great! She was so nice and helped me find the perfect gown.

Reviewed on 10/21/2015

Vicki D. was amazing! I went to over 10 bridal salons and tried on over 75 dresses. Vicki was very patient, not pushy at all, and great to work with. It was the first place I went to by myself and I felt like she treated me like her own daughter. I am the most indecisive... Read More person ever and Vicki made me feel comfortable and at ease. We had fun and I found a beautiful dress. I spent over 2 hours and never once felt rushed. Vicki is truly amazing and I highly recommend her.

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Claudia R

This is the greatest wedding shop there can be. I found what I was looking for and felt so supported by everyone it was amazing! The problem Ive had in the past with other places is that they never had a size that would fit my curvaceous body. I have hips and thighs for... Read More days. They have the most unique dresses at Mon Amie. If you are curvaceous like me this is the place to go for an original dress that was made for you. Don't feel like you have to settle, I know I did before this place.

Reviewed on 10/17/2015 lucy a

Would highly recommend this place.. Lindsey here is so nice and very friendly... If you are looking for an exquisite one-of-a-kind designer gown, save yourself the rounds around town and make an appointment at here ASAP. You will be overwhelmed with dresses you LOVE...

Great dress but less than ideal service

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Jenny G

I ended up getting my dress here because they had it for less than the other location, but I was underwhelmed with the service. They have a great selection, and I like that the do in house tailoring and will store your dress for you. My first time here, and first time ever... Read More trying on gowns, the attendant was fairly condescending when I didn't know which designers I preferred. Once I choose my dress, there wasn't any real excitement, or champagne or anything to make it special. The lady doing the fittings was fabulous. The other problem is that each part of the store is silo'ed so that alterations part doesn't know what the pressing part is doing. When I went to pick up my dress 3 days before the wedding, they had misplaced my sash and veil and took 30 minutes to find it because they had stored it and labeled it separately, the whole time I was pacing and stressing out.

Reviewed on 9/21/2015 leighann f

I actually came into Mon Amie to see Amy Michaelson's collection during the trunk show and ended up falling in love with one and purchasing it. The staff was delightful and professional to work with. It was a wonderful experience. Thank You

A great value!

Reviewed on 6/30/2015 Allison A

I knew my long sleeve wedding dress I wanted wasn't going to be cheap, but I found it at Mon Amie and I was shocked by the quality of the dress and the price! I couldn't believe it! Vicky helped me and was so professional. Orfa did my alterations and made miracles happen.... Read More Gorgeous veil, overall a great steal of a price for a dress, veil, and custom alterations for both!

Wonderful experience

Reviewed on 6/19/2015 Nicole J

The dress buying experience is always stressful, but mom amie went out of their way to bring in a dress I couldn't find in stores and when I said "yes" brought out a champagne toast to ceebrate. Wonderful experience.

Great selection!

Reviewed on 3/07/2015 Laura A

I tried on just under 50 dresses before coming here from Las Vegas. I was very impressed with their selection. I feel like their sales people just got it and weren't trying to squeeze me into some dress that didn't fit my body. And they listened to what I wanted! I was very... Read More pleased with my dress upon pick up. I wish however they didn't encourage me to come up size as I was in the process of losing weight so we ended up paying $600 plus in alterations. Also, I felt rushed on deciding on veil which we ended up not thrilled about so we purchased my actual one online. Also sadly my dress strap broke during the reception. My straps were not touched during alterations so they were not too tight there was still it room. It was a little disappointing given the price we paid but I guess that was a sign of a good time?

Am Obsessed with my Wedding Dress!

Reviewed on 1/08/2015 Alyson C

Mon Amie Bridal Salon was amazing. We were able to book a last minute appointment and I ended up only having to go here to find my dream wedding dress! All the staff was super friendly and were able to accommodate my big group of about 10 people to come to my first dress... Read More fitting. They also were able to show me perfect options for jewelry, a head piece and veil that matched perfectly with my dress! Also, make sure you inquire about trunk shows going on as you will get a discount on the dress if there is one (I got lucky and was able to get a discount on my dress).

Horrible Experience - not fancy enough

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Laura K

I had heard some good reviews but unfortunately I had an unpleasant experience here for a couple reasons: 1. I didn't have a huge budget and my attendant made a point of reminding me as I didn't see anything I liked, she would say "well I wish I could show you this dress, but... Read More it's out of your budget" 2. my party was stuck in the back room and so I had a long walk from the dressing room where I was constantly bumped in to and the dress stepped on since I was given no help 3. I had to get into the dresses myself (which are heavy) and my attendant made a joke about "guess the wedding diet hasn't started yet", seriously? I'm a size 4 dress 4. I understand that some salons don't let you take pictures but after trying on dresses at different salons it's hard to keep them all straight 5. lastly, I had brought my dad with me since we're shopping buddies (and he was also fronting the bill) and he asked if I could try on a super ornate, beaded, feathered dress because he just wanted to see what such a fancy dress would look like and what all the fuss was about, the attendant quickly replied that this salon was "not for dressing up in dresses we can't afford" ummm really? isn't that what being a bride is all about? dressing up and looking like a princess? Needless to say I did not have enjoyable experience when it's supposed to be a fun day. DON'T GO if you're not willing to spend $10,000 on you dress.

My Perfect Dress

Reviewed on 9/29/2014 Michelle C

I had a very positive experience at Mon Amie, and I ended up purchasing my bridal gown there. I worked with Julie, and she was an amazing sales representative. I told her my budget and style I was looking for, and during a two-day process, she helped narrow down my options... Read More until I found THE dress. I fell in love with my dress even more every time I put it on, and I felt like a princess in it on my wedding day. The staff at Mon Amie, especially Julie, was great to work with, and I highly recommend it as an excellent bridal salon!

Great place to find your dress...

Reviewed on 9/16/2014 Hayley H

This salon really takes care of you while looking for your perfect dress and during alterations. I loved the staff and the alterations were perfect. My dress fit like a glove :) I was also super impressed with the way they pressed and sent the dress off with me during my... Read More pick up. They inflated a sturdy somewhat mannequin to keep the dress's shape. Really good choice!

Amazing Experience!!

Reviewed on 8/30/2014 Brigette L

Buying my dress at Mon Amie was an amazing experience from start to finish!! The staff seemed able to read my mind, and I bought the second gown I tried on. We even got champagne to celebrate my choice! Everyone was extremely helpful and accommodating. Alterations were great as... Read More well, and it was fun to see the transformation of the dress! Everyone was in awe of the gown, and I highly recommend Mon Amie to any future bride!

Reviewed on 7/17/2014 Millie B

After shopping at a dozen or so shops my MOH recommended Mon Amie Bridal Salon. The thought came to me you tried the rest now try the best...Hard to it, Fussy and Fluffy bride. Tried on a dozens dresses...with no success. Mon Amie staff did not stop until they found MY... Read More DRESS. the moment i put it on it was my dress. the order was taken and delivery came sooner than expected. they stylist and seamstresses were ultimate professionals. Don't waste your time with other shops. Run do not walk to Mon Amie in Costa Mesa. Forget about the cost of the gown the most important thing is that you feel like a princess in your dress...no matter how old or what shape you are in. Your man wants to marry YOU! and YOU need to feel like you are looking the best you have ever looked on your special day. I did thanks to Mon Amie Bridal Salon.

Reviewed on 7/01/2014 Amanda A

Mon Ami was great when I hadn't bought my dress from them yet. They even fit me in same day on a Saturday during a trunk show. The sales woman was great and very accommodating. The buying process was great. The day of buying the dress they made me feel like a princess.... Read More Unfortunately, that is where the greatness ended. I was so excited to finally get my dress but they ruined that for me. Once they got my money they were rude, couldn't fit me in to pick it up on a trunk show weekend (even though I already owned the dress), and then wanted to charged me an outrageously priced daily fee to keep it there until they could fit me in. The woman who greeted me when they finally could fit me in (causing me to have to leave work early on a Friday so I wouldn't get charged the daily storage fee and still get to try it on) was also rude to me asking me, "Aren't you just picking up the dress."- "NO, that was the whole point of me leaving work early, so I could try it on before taking it home- especially after paying the price I paid for the dress. This is my wedding dress!" At this point I just wanted to take my dress and run. I intended on paying the extra money to just have my gown altered there (I was quoted $500). After my experience, I decided to look elsewhere for alterations. When the manager came in the fitting room to see how I liked the dress and if there was anything she could do, she also asked if I was using them for alterations. I informed her I was until today and my horrible experience- she did not even ask for a further explanation and just brushed me off and continued to fill out the paperwork so I could have my dress. HORRIBLE customer service. Trying your dress on should bring happy tears to your eyes. Sadly I just felt angry and used the whole time, like I did not matter. My poor mom who saved up and paid for the dress felt bad too, one of the most fun and memorable experiences became such a headache. The dress and veil are beautiful though and a great price. To top off the whole horrible ordeal, I was almost home (I live 30 minutes away) and they call because they forgot to take the tag off the dress and veil saying I took it out of the store and want me to drive all the way back so they can do it. I THINK NOT! sorry! Bottom line- once they get your money they treat the brides like second class citizens.

I found the perfect dress!

Reviewed on 6/19/2014 Jill C

Vicki at Mon Amie helped me find the perfect dress - it was the very first one I tried on. After trying about a dozen other dresses at several other stores, I came back to that first LianCarlo dress Vicki picked out at Mon Amie.

Bad customer service

Reviewed on 6/13/2014 Sara G

I've been to eight bridal salons and this is the only bad review I'm writing. We arrived 8 minutes before my appointment time, when the store was opening at noon. Three women at the desk right inside the door didn't even look up when we knocked. We walked around and came back a... Read More few minutes later, and this time there were four women just inside the door, the woman who turned out to be my consultant just looked at her watch and then back at what she was doing without even turning her head in my direction. Once inside, she was aggressively rushing us (even though we actually finished a half hour early and *then* she gave us the opportunity to look at more dresses). While half the dresses in my room were chosen by her, she actually scolded my friend and said "We have to stop!" when she tried to bring in two dresses that I loved. The rooms are small (about 8' x 8' - too small for a picture of the whole dress), and my consultant didn't offer me the opportunity to step out into the natural light until about the 5th dress. She didn't know who the designer was on several of the dresses I tried on (and the tags had been removed), and when I left, she refused to write down the styles or the prices for me. I could go on. They have a lot of dresses, but I would never consider buying a dress from this store.

Loved My Dress, Hated the Alterations

Reviewed on 5/21/2014 BRITTANY P

Mon Amie has a huge selection of gorgeous dresses, they are a little more on the higher end though. you can find some that are on sale or you can buy a sample and try to negotiate the price down. I loved my dress but the alterations lady took my dress in WAY too much, insisting... Read More that brides always lose weight so she would take it in extra. Even though I profusely told her that I was not planning on losing weight, she insisted. Lo and Behold, I show up for my final fitting 2 weeks before my wedding and my dress didn't fit. My advice - be VERY clear about your alterations and don't leave the store if it's not absolutely perfect. Their dresses are too expensive to be anything less than perfection!

So helpful!

Reviewed on 4/18/2014 Bianca A

The ladies at Mon Amie were so helpful while I was looking for "the dress". I had a specific design in mind and I was able to find it there among their large selection of dresses. My mom got her wedding dress there 30 years ago so you know they're doing something right!

My Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 2/25/2014 Jessica T

I made three bridal salon appointments, and Mon Amie was my first one of the day. I had already researched a dress I was interested in trying on prior to visiting the store. I contacted Mon Amie about the dress, and they informed me that they had it and they would have it in... Read More my dressing room when I arrived to my appointment! I absolutely loved this service! My consultant was so sweet and told me not to be afraid to tell her if I didn't like a suggestion she made. I ended up purchasing the dress they had waiting for me and I cancelled my other two appointments for that day! My dress was perfect on my wedding; I felt like a princess!