For the Ultimate Expression of a Bride

Mon Amie Bridal Salon has served as the West Coast's most elegant and premiere bridal salon for 40 years. We present our brides with an unparalleled selection of designer gowns in our spacious boutique. Our enthusiastic and knowledgeable staff are renowned for their exceptional personalized service. In 2014, Mon Amie Bridal Salon launched two in-store boutiques that cater to the discerning bride. The European Boutique features top bridal brands from all over the globe including Berta, Pronovias Atelier, and Suzanne Neville. The La Femme boutique caters to plus sized brides. In addition to our couture collection of bridal gowns, Mon Amie Bridal Salon features a wide selection of special occasion gowns, mother-of-the-bride gowns, flower girl dresses, veils, & bridal accessories to co

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Bridal Stylists, Custom Designs, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available, Fashion Services, Fashion

355 Bristol St, Costa Mesa, CA

I don't get it?

Reviewed on 4/25/2013 Christine C

I kept reading bad reviews of Mon Amie and totally feared going. It was only my second stop of my first day looking. Susan listened to me regarding budget and style and even helped pull dresses with wiggle room in the budget I gave her. I chose a dress that was actually well... Read More within and under. (The reason they don't want you looking at dresses outside of your budget is because they don't want you to fall in love with a dress you can't afford and be heartbroken!) Suzanne fitted my dress so precisely that at my first fitting, we found no alterations needed to be done except installing the bustle. NOTHING! And it's only the prettiest dress that's ever been created <3 Thank you Mon Amie!!!

beautiful

Reviewed on 3/22/2013 Erica A

I found my PERFECT dress here!!!!

My review of Mon Amie Bridal Salon

Reviewed on 1/22/2013 Jessica D

Mon Amie was perfect for finding my wedding dress. My wedding dress was the first I tried on. The women working there were extremely helpful, and the seamstress, Gloria, was amazing and lovely to work with. I recommend this salon to everyone. It could not have been better!

Reviewed on 7/23/2016 Eleasha H

I found my dream dress at this store and they made sure it was exactly how I needed it. My mom and both of my sisters have gotten their wedding dress from this shop and now I was able to do the same. Mon Amie made my dress perfect and did everything that I wanted and more. I can... Read More not speak more highly of this place. It is truly incredible.

Reviewed on 7/09/2016 Christina N

I found the most beautiful Justin Alexander gown (style 8701) at Mon Amie. With the drop waist, scalloped bottom, and lace applique, it was everything I wanted in a wedding dress, plus with the unique touches of a sequined lining and pearl accents on the bodice that I never knew... Read More that I wanted. The one thing that was missing was a keyhole back--but that was no problem for Gloria in alterations. She managed to take a couple of pictures and basically read my mind about what I wanted for the neckline and back. The result was absolute gorgeous. The striking but timeless dress I always imagined for my wedding day. And, most importantly, the groom loved it, and loved the fact that the train was slightly longer than the typical chapel length. Mon Amie also has a great selection of accessories and formalwear. I purchased my veil from them (again, exactly what I wanted--perfect fingertip length and amount of embellishment), as well as my bridesmaids' dresses (Andrew Adela style 5042S). Though the dresses are a bit on the expensive side, Mon Amie has a great selection and good service. I first scheduled my appointment because my mom bought her dress at Mon Amie twenty-seven years ago, and I'll definitely be bringing my daughter when the time comes.

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Christine K

My experience with Mon Amie started out amazing...they have a nice salon, a great selection and I had many beautiful dresses to choose from despite my price range (under $2000 - it's absurd that that is a small budget!). Found the dress, got measured, and ordered it without... Read More hesitation. 6 months later my dress comes in and is 2 sizes too big. This mess up ended up costing me almost $1000 in alterations - my seamstress ended up having to reconstruct the entire top half of the dress to fit it down to my size. Knowing nothing about wedding dress sizing, I wish I was better informed about sizing or was offered the opportunity to try another style of my dress designer in another size to feel better about my size selection. Instead of a quick few minutes of measuring and being told I was a particular size. I know nothing about wedding dress sizes, why would I argue against the pros? Even when my dress came in and was clearly swallowing me whole, the salon acted like it was no big deal. That was probably the biggest upset. I suggest all future brides do more research on sizing to avoid the trauma I went through!

Reviewed on 6/20/2016 Stephanie M

I can not say enough about the owner, Julia and alterations. They literally went out of their way to save me from a dress nightmare three weeks before my wedding. Long story short another store that i had purchased my dress from 1 year prior to my wedding, told me at my final... Read More fitting i was out of luck with alterations ( three weeks before my wedding) . Mon Amie, made turned my nightmare into an amazing day and I can not recommend them enough. I learned that some stores just want to sell you a dress to make money and will do anything to make money. Mon Amie actually cares to make sure you have an amazing dress on your wedding day.

Reviewed on 4/06/2016 Ashley B

After months and months of looking for wedding dresses I scheduled an appointment at Mon Amie Bridal Salon not thinking I would find my dress that day. I went after work in scrubs with only my best friend. I had a very specific idea of what I wanted like most brides do but the... Read More dress I chose was totally unexpected. I am so happy that I decided to go here and my dress turned out gorgeous!! Their alterations were awesome and I love the fact that they don't pressure you into anything here. I would absolutely recommend for any bride to go there for their wedding dress.

Reviewed on 3/31/2016 ariana r

Words can't express how helpful and extremely happy I am with my dress. I tried so many dresses on, kept changing my mind. Come 5 months before my wedding I went in to Mon Amie bridal and found my dress. They worked with me to get it in on time and it was seriously the most... Read More perfect dress. I could not have been more happy with my dress choice, the help I got and how quick I got it. Thank you so much

Reviewed on 1/21/2016 melika e

It has taken me four months to finally come around and be at peace with what happened to my dress. I found an amazing dress that was absolutely beautiful. Approximately two weeks or so prior to the wedding date, I went in for my final fitting and the only item that needed... Read More twitching, according to the seamstress was replacing the hooks. Unfortunately, I trusted that nothing else was going to change so I never tried the dress on again when we picked it up. Long story short, I could not fit into the dress. This was a true nightmare. I couldn't believe it at first since I had lost more weight and was certain we picked up the correct dress. Basically, it took three people to squeeze me into the dress since I had no other options at that very moment. I still can't believe the discomfort I tolerated just to get through the most memorable night of my life. I could not eat, breathe right, or drink... at 12:30am, I basically had to leave my wedding party and ask my wedding coordinator to escort me out and open up my dress... I had had it at this point and was now gagging and nauseated. I went through the entire night thinking it was going to bust at some point... SO DISAPPOINTED! I wish I had tried on the dress one last, final time and not trusted their alterations. By the end of the night, I had multiple bruises on my back... To conclude, they have a great selection and the prices are fair, but do NOT trust the alterations.

Every Brides Dream!

Reviewed on 1/10/2016 Dee

I don't even know how to begin to describe how wonderful my experience was at Mon Amie. I want to start off by saying that I was super anxious about finding a wedding dress. I often feel uncomfortable wearing things that are overly feminine and been having lots of mixed feelings... Read More about dressing for a day where I am expected to/and want to look my most beautiful. I did a lot of looking online and realized I was drawn to the more Sweetheart styles, but still worried if I would find one that works for me. My sister and i went to Mon Amie and i tried on some dresses. I ended up with the owner Laurel and THANK GOD i did. She found my Dream dress and i had my "Aha Moment"! That was our first appointment at a bridal store, the first stop on my wedding dress shopping journey, and we thought it was going to be a looooong journey. Then I walked into Mon Amie and everything changed. The store immediately put me at ease. It is a lovely space, but it is chill. It is not over-the-top girly frilly shopping extravaganza. Instead, it is sweet, inviting, and displayed the dresses such that you could see each one but it didn't feel overwhelming. Laurel totally nailed it and the dresses were amazing. I walked out of the dressing room to show my Mom and sis and that moment happened. My mom and I both started crying happy tears. It was "the one." I felt so beautiful and was glowing, and still totally me. I wasn't wearing the costume of a bride, or playing dress up - I was wearing a dress that felt like me. I didn't know I would be able to find a dress that did that, but I did! I can't Thank Laurel and her team enough for all they did for me. I felt like the most Beautiful Bride on my Wedding day. Let me say the dress feels worth every penny. I wore the designer "Lazaro" and so excited i got wear it on My Wedding day. The support i got at such an Awesome Bridal Salon turned out to be the BEST and what I thought was going to be a kinda awful experience into a dream-come-true. Thank You Mon Amie :) Thank You Laurel.

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Marya M

After a visiting bridal salons in Burbank, Glendale, Pasadena and Fullerton, I found my perfect bridal gown at Mon Amie in Costa Mesa. Frankly, at first I was a little intimidated by Mon Amie's longstanding reputation for beautiful designer bridal gowns and had preconceived... Read More notions that the staff would be snobby...but I was wrong! I was greeted by a friendly staff member at the reception desk as soon as I walked in the door. I was initially a little put off by the sales consultant's bluntness in telling me shortly after meeting me that there clearly is a problem if I've visited so many stores and hadn't found a gown yet. Of course she was right, but her approach was not appreciated. In any case, Vicki knew what she was doing. After the one bump in road, she listened to me and helped me find the dress that flattered me best and reflected my personality. I was so happy! And it's true, when you try on the dress that's meant to be yours, you will know instinctively. Searching for your bridal gown is actually not like a "Say Yes to the Dress" episode, but it's better - it's your own journey. So if you're driving yourself crazy (or if other people are getting into your head), take a deep breath and go to Mon Amie. My budget was limited to around $1750, but they had lots of style to choose from-- even for a 5ft petite bride like me. One of the best parts of Mon Amie is Stella from the alterations department. She had the best undergarment advice which I followed. I love and still wear the recommended undergarments. To my surprise, she recommended an undergarment from Target (Assets) that was relatively inexpensive and the NuBra. As far as the alterations of the gown, it was an amazing transformation! I had loved the gown before alterations, but Stella worked her magic and made a huge difference in my silhouette. I'm so happy with my bridal gown, and I received tons of compliments on my gown specifically from our wedding guests and family. Happy bridal gown hunting!! Hope this helps.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

Susan was great! She was so nice and helped me find the perfect gown.

Reviewed on 10/21/2015

Vicki D. was amazing! I went to over 10 bridal salons and tried on over 75 dresses. Vicki was very patient, not pushy at all, and great to work with. It was the first place I went to by myself and I felt like she treated me like her own daughter. I am the most indecisive... Read More person ever and Vicki made me feel comfortable and at ease. We had fun and I found a beautiful dress. I spent over 2 hours and never once felt rushed. Vicki is truly amazing and I highly recommend her.

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Claudia R

This is the greatest wedding shop there can be. I found what I was looking for and felt so supported by everyone it was amazing! The problem Ive had in the past with other places is that they never had a size that would fit my curvaceous body. I have hips and thighs for... Read More days. They have the most unique dresses at Mon Amie. If you are curvaceous like me this is the place to go for an original dress that was made for you. Don't feel like you have to settle, I know I did before this place.

Reviewed on 10/17/2015 lucy a

Would highly recommend this place.. Lindsey here is so nice and very friendly... If you are looking for an exquisite one-of-a-kind designer gown, save yourself the rounds around town and make an appointment at here ASAP. You will be overwhelmed with dresses you LOVE...

Great dress but less than ideal service

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Jenny G

I ended up getting my dress here because they had it for less than the other location, but I was underwhelmed with the service. They have a great selection, and I like that the do in house tailoring and will store your dress for you. My first time here, and first time ever... Read More trying on gowns, the attendant was fairly condescending when I didn't know which designers I preferred. Once I choose my dress, there wasn't any real excitement, or champagne or anything to make it special. The lady doing the fittings was fabulous. The other problem is that each part of the store is silo'ed so that alterations part doesn't know what the pressing part is doing. When I went to pick up my dress 3 days before the wedding, they had misplaced my sash and veil and took 30 minutes to find it because they had stored it and labeled it separately, the whole time I was pacing and stressing out.

Reviewed on 9/21/2015 leighann f

I actually came into Mon Amie to see Amy Michaelson's collection during the trunk show and ended up falling in love with one and purchasing it. The staff was delightful and professional to work with. It was a wonderful experience. Thank You

A great value!

Reviewed on 6/30/2015 Allison A

I knew my long sleeve wedding dress I wanted wasn't going to be cheap, but I found it at Mon Amie and I was shocked by the quality of the dress and the price! I couldn't believe it! Vicky helped me and was so professional. Orfa did my alterations and made miracles happen.... Read More Gorgeous veil, overall a great steal of a price for a dress, veil, and custom alterations for both!

Wonderful experience

Reviewed on 6/19/2015 Nicole J

The dress buying experience is always stressful, but mom amie went out of their way to bring in a dress I couldn't find in stores and when I said "yes" brought out a champagne toast to ceebrate. Wonderful experience.

Great selection!

Reviewed on 3/07/2015 Laura A

I tried on just under 50 dresses before coming here from Las Vegas. I was very impressed with their selection. I feel like their sales people just got it and weren't trying to squeeze me into some dress that didn't fit my body. And they listened to what I wanted! I was very... Read More pleased with my dress upon pick up. I wish however they didn't encourage me to come up size as I was in the process of losing weight so we ended up paying $600 plus in alterations. Also, I felt rushed on deciding on veil which we ended up not thrilled about so we purchased my actual one online. Also sadly my dress strap broke during the reception. My straps were not touched during alterations so they were not too tight there was still it room. It was a little disappointing given the price we paid but I guess that was a sign of a good time?

Am Obsessed with my Wedding Dress!

Reviewed on 1/08/2015 Alyson C

Mon Amie Bridal Salon was amazing. We were able to book a last minute appointment and I ended up only having to go here to find my dream wedding dress! All the staff was super friendly and were able to accommodate my big group of about 10 people to come to my first dress... Read More fitting. They also were able to show me perfect options for jewelry, a head piece and veil that matched perfectly with my dress! Also, make sure you inquire about trunk shows going on as you will get a discount on the dress if there is one (I got lucky and was able to get a discount on my dress).

Horrible Experience - not fancy enough

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Laura K

I had heard some good reviews but unfortunately I had an unpleasant experience here for a couple reasons: 1. I didn't have a huge budget and my attendant made a point of reminding me as I didn't see anything I liked, she would say "well I wish I could show you this dress, but... Read More it's out of your budget" 2. my party was stuck in the back room and so I had a long walk from the dressing room where I was constantly bumped in to and the dress stepped on since I was given no help 3. I had to get into the dresses myself (which are heavy) and my attendant made a joke about "guess the wedding diet hasn't started yet", seriously? I'm a size 4 dress 4. I understand that some salons don't let you take pictures but after trying on dresses at different salons it's hard to keep them all straight 5. lastly, I had brought my dad with me since we're shopping buddies (and he was also fronting the bill) and he asked if I could try on a super ornate, beaded, feathered dress because he just wanted to see what such a fancy dress would look like and what all the fuss was about, the attendant quickly replied that this salon was "not for dressing up in dresses we can't afford" ummm really? isn't that what being a bride is all about? dressing up and looking like a princess? Needless to say I did not have enjoyable experience when it's supposed to be a fun day. DON'T GO if you're not willing to spend $10,000 on you dress.

My Perfect Dress

Reviewed on 9/29/2014 Michelle C

I had a very positive experience at Mon Amie, and I ended up purchasing my bridal gown there. I worked with Julie, and she was an amazing sales representative. I told her my budget and style I was looking for, and during a two-day process, she helped narrow down my options... Read More until I found THE dress. I fell in love with my dress even more every time I put it on, and I felt like a princess in it on my wedding day. The staff at Mon Amie, especially Julie, was great to work with, and I highly recommend it as an excellent bridal salon!

Great place to find your dress...

Reviewed on 9/16/2014 Hayley H

This salon really takes care of you while looking for your perfect dress and during alterations. I loved the staff and the alterations were perfect. My dress fit like a glove :) I was also super impressed with the way they pressed and sent the dress off with me during my... Read More pick up. They inflated a sturdy somewhat mannequin to keep the dress's shape. Really good choice!