Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, African, Arabic, Caribbean, Celtic, Flamenco, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

PO Box 788, Narragansett, RI

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Nina S

So Easy! Every step of the way Moondance was so easy to work with. We live out of state, but after conference calling many DJ's, we knew Suzanne was our style. She did not disappoint! She answered phone calls and e-mails promptly. At the wedding she was easy going and... Read More flexible with all our last minute changes. We had some difficult names, but she pronounced everyone perfectly. She provided up-lighting at a great price which made the Aldrich Mansion unbelievably gorgeous! All our special requests were played and the dance floor was busy all night. The best part about having Suzanne was that I never felt worried or stressed.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Danielle C

We had the pleasure of having Pauline DJ our wedding on 8/14/15. Having her as our DJ was the best decision. She was very professional and very accommodating to our needs. We had a lot of songs that we wanted played during our wedding night and she was able to fit everything in... Read More perfectly. All of our guest commented on how great our DJ was! She really made our wedding a memorable one. I have been to many weddings and by far she was the best DJ that I have seen. We definitely made the right decision.

Moondance was Fantastic!!

Reviewed on 9/10/2015 Erin W

We had Alan as our DJ for our wedding. We provided him with a playlist of songs for the ceremony, reception, dinner, and a few songs for dancing. He played everything perfectly and was great at improvising songs for the dancing once our selections ran out. One of the biggest... Read More bonuses was that he was not the typical cheesy wedding DJ. He made announcements when necessary, was amazing at the introductions, and kept us all on schedule – but without the corny jokes trying to be funny and talking to the audience like they were children like I hate (ex: "How are you all doing tonight? ... I can't hear you, I said how are you all doing tonight??") They were also very reasonably priced in comparison to the other DJs I researched! We are extremely happy with our decision to go with Moondance and highly recommend them.

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Faith H

We are so glad that we selected Moondance Productions for our wedding. We loved working with Pauline. She was so helpful, professional, organized and easy to work with. She was very supportive in helping us customize the music and events of our day. We would highly... Read More recommend Pauline and Moondance!!!

Reviewed on 7/09/2016 Kelsey A

Deciding to have Suzanne from Moondance for our wedding reception was the best decision we could have made. Everything from start to finish was easy and professional. We had several emails back and forth and spoke over the phone, Suzanne was quick with email replies and very... Read More helpful to speak with over the phone. We shared an extensive playlist, which was followed closely. We had such a great dance party we asked her to stay an extra hour! If you want a professional who will caterer to your requests and create a great party, I would recommend Moondance any day.

Reviewed on 7/08/2016

From start to finish, Moondance was amazing to work with. We had Suzanne DJ our wedding two weeks ago and she could not have done a better job at making the process from start to finish as smooth as possible. She was responsive via email and phone and very easy to communicate... Read More with. Every song we requested was played and she stayed within our requested genre of music. We even kept her for an hour extra at the end of the night because no one wanted to leave the dance floor! Highly recommend Moondance to anyone looking for a great party catered to your unique style.

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Marissa H

For our wedding, we booked Alan as our DJ. We could not be happier with our choice. He was awesome to work with. We met with him a couple times before the wedding to go over our song list, "do not play" list and order of bridal party announcements. Aside from our song list, we... Read More had Alan play whatever music he felt was appropriate for dinner and dancing and guests amd us loved the music, everyone was dancing which was just what we hoped for! He was also great with the timeline. He always gave us a head's up when we should do the toasts and when the garter/bouquet toss would happen and cake cutting. This was great because we were able to focus on our guests and having a good time without worrying when everything needed to happen. He also worked great with our other vendors. I would book Moondance Productions a hundred times again!

Reviewed on 7/01/2016 Jennifer S

Alan was a great dj we had a great time and his photobooth was a hit at the wedding everyone love it, and I'm sure we will use it again in our next party. I will definitely recommend them again extremely professional yet fun.

Reviewed on 1/02/2016 Becky B

AWESOME DJ! I can't say enough about how happy I was with Moondance Productions for our NYE wedding. Alan was SO easy to work with. We gave him a short list of songs to play to give him an idea of what we were looking for and he filled in the rest with perfection. We also... Read More got the photo booth which was a huge hit. We used our own props because I wanted them to be geared more towards NYE than traditional props and it worked out really well. His son ran the photo booth and he was incredibly professional, kind, and helpful. Great job by his whole team, we got a lot of compliments on the music!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Ami F

DJ+Photo Booth+Lighting We hired Moondance Productions for all three services and were very impressed at the quality and professionalism of each. Our DJ Suzanne was spot on with the music, keeping the dance floor packed all night. The up-lighting was completely stunning... Read More when you walked into the room. The photo booth was such a hit with my guests, I am so happy I decided to do it at the last minute. I was afraid it would be crass, but the set up was very nice and did not take up a lot of room. It was the perfect touch.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 loren95 s

Awesome DJ & Photo Booth! DJ Mike T was superb at reading the crowd and keeping the dance floor packed. We also used the Photo Booth service. I am so happy we decided to do this. EVERYONE loved it! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Mia N

EVERYTHING WE WANTED! Alan from Moondance was true to his word and played everything on our extensive list. He was flawless from start to finish, even outside on the windy beach for our ceremony. Great prices for ceremony, reception and up-lighting. We highly recommend... Read More getting the up-lighting. It was much less expensive than other vendors and totally transformed the look of the Newport Rotunda.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Talia C

We were fortunate enough to have Pauline as our DJ for our special day. Pauline was simply outstanding! She was charismatic and professional. Our guests LOVED her! We would not hesitate to hire her for another event or refer her to friends and family.

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Alexis D

Outstanding!

Great DJ

Reviewed on 7/20/2015 Courteney M

These people are perfect for those of us that just want someone to play good music! There are no frills, no uplighting no silly announcements, just really awesome folk who will play what you want and keep people dancing. The prices are super reasonable and we would recommend... Read More them to anyone!

Great DJ services!

Reviewed on 4/28/2015 jessica l

Pauline was a great DJ and made our wedding one we would not forget. The music for cocktail hour, dinner, and dance section were put together perfectly. We had people on the dance floor all night until the lights went back on at 11pm!

Low stress, good price

Reviewed on 11/23/2014 Amy N

Our plan when dealing with most decisions was looking for the least stressful method. Moondance supplied this along with a GREAT price compared to most DJs and plenty of flexibility. We were looking for a DJ who wasn't going to be that stereotypical sketchy figure, we got a... Read More pleasant woman who kept our guest entertained without overdoing it.

Best DJ

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Nicole S

Alan from Moondance was the perfect DJ for my day wedding at Ocean Cliff in September 2014! We got to meet Alan months before our wedding and he was funny, thoughtful, and led us through everything we needed to know. We were actually 30 minutes late because we had the wrong... Read More time, but Alan drove back to the coffee shop to meet us - very nice of him. Alan is experienced and creative - we told him the ambiance we wanted to create and he knew exactly what to do. A week before the wedding he went through everything with us on the phone and gave great advice - very helpful! He also accepts a long list of songs for the entire reception and a do not play list. I highly recommend Moondance Productions!

Great Choice

Reviewed on 9/23/2014

I was a member of the bridal party in my friends wedding recently, we had Pauline as a DJ from Moondance Productions, and what a DJ she was! She catered to all of our music tastes, was on time, professional, courteous and made us all feel right at home. The whole night went... Read More perfect because of her, everything from intros to wedding songs and then getting the party started, she was top notch! I would recommend this vendor without a doubt for a professional fun and enchanting night! She knew how to engage the crowd throughout every phase of the evening which is not always easy to do. Definitely a people person who enjoys what she does. She knew the music in and out, the oldies, the new genres, and good ole favorites! Every song she played was perfect, and you could tell she really knew how the order of a wedding night goes, every different part of the night just flowed one after the next so easily. She was great, we are so grateful we had her! The equipment and uplights were top notch also! I definitely recommend going the extra notch for the lights, how pretty they make any room!

Great DJ, Great Party, Great Price!

Reviewed on 6/30/2014 Kate B

I had the pleasure of working with Suzanne from Moondance - one of the owners. From start to finish, it was really a great experience. We had a great meeting in person to start, and I could tell right off the bat that she was going to be a great DJ! She covered all the bases,... Read More and brought up things to consider that I hadn't thought of yet - which was really helpful! On the wedding day, she did the music and microphones for the ceremony as well as the rehearsal - she was VERY quick on her feet when a couple things popped up due to some little details that I had forgotten to take care of (whoops!) - she covered everything seamlessly and everything was exactly as I had hoped it would be. She was wonderful during the reception and I couldn't believe how FAST my guests were filling up the dance floor, and they stayed there the whole night! She was great at reading the crowd and knowing what to play when, and everybody had a blast!! I had been told several times by recent brides during the planning process: A good DJ can make or break your reception! I think it's true, and I think Suzanne did a tremendous job in making our event into a great party! I would DEFINITELY recommend her!

Mother of the bride

Reviewed on 11/29/2013 donna w

Moondance Productions was fabulous. They are so professional. They sent a packet and requested the music that my daughter wanted at her reception. They played what my daughter suggested. They got the wedding party dancing. They played smooth jazz mood music before the... Read More reception. They announced all the events for the reception. They worked with the best man who produced a professional video (which was funny) and they worked with him to make sure the sound was right and that it would work. Wedding music is so important and they did a perfect job.

Great music!

Reviewed on 11/13/2013 Lauren

Alan was professional and great! He played EVERY song I requested. Everyone raved about the music and he even did an extra 5 more songs!

Got the party started and kept it going!

Reviewed on 10/16/2013 Megan K

We used Moondance productions for our Wedding on September 21st, 2013. I went to several weddings over the summer and by far Alan and his team were the best DJ by far that was used at any of them. He played a great mix of current and older music as we requested, which made all... Read More of our guests really happy. Even some of the more instrumental versions of the songs that we requested for our ceremony music, he was able to come up with, without a second thought. My new husband and I very grateful to Alan and his team. He did an amazing job!

Best DJ Service around

Reviewed on 9/19/2013 Kelli D

We had an amazing experience with Moondance. Sue was so knowledgeable with the wedding process that she put my mind at total ease. From the ceremony music to the special requests she had everything covered and it was seamless. We had picked out a few songs that we liked and she... Read More was able to fill in a night full of the perfect music off of those few songs. Every song was perfect and people were dancing all night. I had more compliments on the music than anything else in the wedding...and we had a killer dessert table:)

Affordable and great Service!

Reviewed on 8/13/2013 Elizabeth H

We loved our DJ! She made our day so special. I had alot of special requests, one being that my father and I had written and recorded our own father daughter dance. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to find a DJ whom would play our song, but then we found Moondance! Our... Read More experience was fantastic, the music was very tasteful. They worked closely with us to make sure they did not play songs off our do not play list. I would reccomend Moondance to any bride!