Moondance Productions

Narragansett, RI

Moondance Productions Professional DJs

Moondance Productions plays the music YOU choose, from classic jazz and oldies to the current hits of today. Advance requests and "Do Not Play" lists ensure that our clients' musical taste is reflected. We work well with other professionals, including photographers and banquet managers. This is very important, as the DJ is instrumental in keeping the sequence of events flowing without missing a beat! Please don't hesitate to call; we welcome any questions you may have!

$$$ - Moderate

Specialty

Big Band/Swing, Classical, Country/Folk, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Klezmer, Latin, R&B, Top 40/Pop, Variety

Type

Disc Jockey

PO Box 788, Narragansett, RI

Mother of the bride

Reviewed on 11/29/2013 donna w

Moondance Productions was fabulous. They are so professional. They sent a packet and requested the music that my daughter wanted at her reception. They played what my daughter suggested. They got the wedding party dancing. They played smooth jazz mood music before the reception. They announced all the events for the reception. They worked with the best man who produced a professional video (which was funny) and they worked with him to make sure the sound was right and that it would work. Wedding music is so important and they did a perfect job.

Great music!

Reviewed on 11/13/2013 Lauren

Alan was professional and great! He played EVERY song I requested. Everyone raved about the music and he even did an extra 5 more songs!

Got the party started and kept it going!

Reviewed on 10/16/2013 Megan K

We used Moondance productions for our Wedding on September 21st, 2013. I went to several weddings over the summer and by far Alan and his team were the best DJ by far that was used at any of them. He played a great mix of current and older music as we requested, which made all of our guests really happy. Even some of the more instrumental versions of the songs that we requested for our ceremony music, he was able to come up with, without a second thought. My new husband and I very grateful to Alan and his team. He did an amazing job!

Great DJ services!

Reviewed on 4/28/2015 jessica l

Pauline was a great DJ and made our wedding one we would not forget. The music for cocktail hour, dinner, and dance section were put together perfectly. We had people on the dance floor all night until the lights went back on at 11pm!

Low stress, good price

Reviewed on 11/23/2014 Amy N

Our plan when dealing with most decisions was looking for the least stressful method. Moondance supplied this along with a GREAT price compared to most DJs and plenty of flexibility. We were looking for a DJ who wasn't going to be that stereotypical sketchy figure, we got a pleasant woman who kept our guest entertained without overdoing it.

Best DJ

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Nicole S

Alan from Moondance was the perfect DJ for my day wedding at Ocean Cliff in September 2014! We got to meet Alan months before our wedding and he was funny, thoughtful, and led us through everything we needed to know. We were actually 30 minutes late because we had the wrong time, but Alan drove back to the coffee shop to meet us - very nice of him. Alan is experienced and creative - we told him the ambiance we wanted to create and he knew exactly what to do. A week before the wedding he went through everything with us on the phone and gave great advice - very helpful! He also accepts a long list of songs for the entire reception and a do not play list. I highly recommend Moondance Productions!

Great Choice

Reviewed on 9/23/2014

I was a member of the bridal party in my friends wedding recently, we had Pauline as a DJ from Moondance Productions, and what a DJ she was! She catered to all of our music tastes, was on time, professional, courteous and made us all feel right at home. The whole night went perfect because of her, everything from intros to wedding songs and then getting the party started, she was top notch! I would recommend this vendor without a doubt for a professional fun and enchanting night! She knew how to engage the crowd throughout every phase of the evening which is not always easy to do. Definitely a people person who enjoys what she does. She knew the music in and out, the oldies, the new genres, and good ole favorites! Every song she played was perfect, and you could tell she really knew how the order of a wedding night goes, every different part of the night just flowed one after the next so easily. She was great, we are so grateful we had her! The equipment and uplights were top notch also! I definitely recommend going the extra notch for the lights, how pretty they make any room!

Great DJ, Great Party, Great Price!

Reviewed on 6/30/2014 Kate B

I had the pleasure of working with Suzanne from Moondance - one of the owners. From start to finish, it was really a great experience. We had a great meeting in person to start, and I could tell right off the bat that she was going to be a great DJ! She covered all the bases, and brought up things to consider that I hadn't thought of yet - which was really helpful! On the wedding day, she did the music and microphones for the ceremony as well as the rehearsal - she was VERY quick on her feet when a couple things popped up due to some little details that I had forgotten to take care of (whoops!) - she covered everything seamlessly and everything was exactly as I had hoped it would be. She was wonderful during the reception and I couldn't believe how FAST my guests were filling up the dance floor, and they stayed there the whole night! She was great at reading the crowd and knowing what to play when, and everybody had a blast!! I had been told several times by recent brides during the planning process: A good DJ can make or break your reception! I think it's true, and I think Suzanne did a tremendous job in making our event into a great party! I would DEFINITELY recommend her!

Best DJ Service around

Reviewed on 9/19/2013 Kelli D

We had an amazing experience with Moondance. Sue was so knowledgeable with the wedding process that she put my mind at total ease. From the ceremony music to the special requests she had everything covered and it was seamless. We had picked out a few songs that we liked and she was able to fill in a night full of the perfect music off of those few songs. Every song was perfect and people were dancing all night. I had more compliments on the music than anything else in the wedding...and we had a killer dessert table:)

Affordable and great Service!

Reviewed on 8/13/2013 Elizabeth H

We loved our DJ! She made our day so special. I had alot of special requests, one being that my father and I had written and recorded our own father daughter dance. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to find a DJ whom would play our song, but then we found Moondance! Our experience was fantastic, the music was very tasteful. They worked closely with us to make sure they did not play songs off our do not play list. I would reccomend Moondance to any bride!

Keeps the Party Going ALL NIGHT

Reviewed on 7/07/2013 Lyndsay C

I loved loved loved working with Moondance Productions. Alan was our DJ and he played everything perfectly! I sent him the list of songs we really wanted and songs we didn't want and he really kept the party going, even when many people had left and the die hards stayed to finish the night! It was a great time and I recommend everyone to use them!

Public Speaking?

Reviewed on 4/10/2013 Jessica P

The music at our wedding was great. We requested a number of songs and all of them were played. He also took requests, which our guests liked. However, he was "not good at public speaking" a quote he said at the beginning of the bridal party announcements onto the dance floor. We thought it was odd, he was a professional DJ right? But he was very nice, communicative before and during the wedding, as well as easy-going with changes and special requests.

everyone was dancing all night!

Reviewed on 11/20/2012 Amanda L

Alan at Moondance was great. He respected our must-play and do-not-play lists and most every song had a full dance floor. He is not the MC/entertainer type of DJ and that's exactly what I wanted. No dumb props or crazy disco lights (though he would probably set that up if you wanted). He also provided uplighting service for us, which enhanced our room without being tacky. A great DJ that was recommended to us, that we will recommend again.

Well Done

Reviewed on 11/03/2012 Crystal W

This really was a great deal. We had Alan Skiffington for our DJ and he was very relaxed and kept our minds at ease with how everything would play out. The only complaints I would have is that I had asked for him to have a certain song that I know would have surprised my husband. He emailed me and said he got it but then on the day he didn't. He also messed up announcing everyone coming into the reception and grouped like 4 people together at a time. I found out later that he couldn't really see us so he was just going by the form...I'm not upset about it. Overall he was a great guy and I am very happy we went with them. Everyone danced all night...great job.

Gets the crowd dancing!

Reviewed on 10/29/2012 Jennifer M

We had Suzanne from Moondance. She was great and had people on the dance floor all night long. Suzanne was so easy to work with and played all the music we wanted. Excellent price.

Great DJ

Reviewed on 10/27/2012 Jared N

We booked Alan for our wedding and he was a pleasure to work with. He stuck to our play and do not play lists and took requests. He helped us out during our ceremony as well and everything sounded great!

Awesome!

Reviewed on 10/09/2012 Tiff P

We had Alan as our DJ. First, he was awesome at meeting up to talk about specifics and I could call him whenever I wanted and he would always get back to me promptly. We had an acoustic guitar player come for cocktail hour, but I wanted Alan to play the ceremony then start off again at introductions. It went off without a hitch! Second, he was an AWESOME DJ! The dance floor was packed all night- we had such an eclectic group of people (a lot of bikers, older relatives and family friends) and he knew exactly what to play all night! At the end of the night he even gave us a CD of all the songs we requested for the prelude, introductions and special requests! I know you usually don't hire someone because of how you get along with them, but Alan is such a nice person! You don't feel like a number, but a client that he actually cares about doing a good job for. Their prices are very misleading, I would check them out we did have a Friday wedding to keep costs down, but their prices for Saturday are nothing compared to other places- they will be highly recommended from me.

Michael Thibodeau = Awesome DJ!

Reviewed on 9/28/2012 Kathryn L

Michael Thibodeau DJ'ed our wedding on Sept 1st 2012, and he did an amazing job! We couldn't be happier! We have had numerous guests tell us that our DJ was awesome. We gave him a list of music to play and music not to play, and he played exactly what we wanted and when we wanted! He played perfect music for the cocktail hour as well as dinner and our ceremony! He also did an awesome job with the introductions! He was just an overall great guy to work with! Very professional and replied to emails very quickly! So much quality for such a good price! Thank you so much!! -Kathryn and Benjamin Levesque

Wonderful day!

Reviewed on 9/18/2012 Megan D

Suzanne was the best! She called me before the wedding and we discussed a few key things we wanted and left the rest to her. Everything was perfect. We had a wonderful day and our guests were dancing the night away!

So much fun!

Reviewed on 7/18/2012 Cailyn K

Alan was our DJ and everybody had a blast! We were so happy! He kept the night moving along and somehow kept everybody on the dance floor.

Great deal for a quality DJ

Reviewed on 3/22/2012 mallory a

Alan at Moondance did a fantastic job at our wedding. He was easy to work with and was able to incorporate all of our wishes into the day. There were no awkward moments and the dance floor was fun the entire night. Since we had a winter wedding, we were able to receive off season pricing which was appreciated.

Fantastic DJ

Reviewed on 12/22/2011 soul s

Alan was a fantastic DJ. He provided us with lighting & DJ services for our ceremony & reception. I didn't hire an event planner and he was very helpful in organizing the schedule of events before & acting as master of ceremonies on the day. I hate to think how hectic things would have been without his help. Beforehand he met with me to go over details & help me make decisions I was unsure about. The lighting in the room also looked great. It really set the atmosphere in the reception room and has made the pictures look awesome. I didn't think we could afford lighting, but Alan provided us with a DJ/lighting package that was very reasonable. Everyone I have spoken to said it was the best dancing they've ever been to because the DJ was so amazing. We had a few songs we wanted played and a few we didn't, but for the most part left it to the DJ. (He didn't play any of the songs we didn't want played & all of the ones we did want played.) Alan did a great job of reading the audience and playing songs that kept everyone dancing all night. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a professional DJ who really provides an all around music and lighting package.

Sue is the best.

Reviewed on 11/03/2011 Shannon T

Sue was so terrific! She played everything we asked and nothing we didn't, she was charming to our guests and yet VERY unobtrusive, she was super flexible with timing, and she is a lovely person, as well. She even drove us home at the end of the night!! All our guests raved about her and we couldn't have been happier with her services.

As good as 10 years ago!

Reviewed on 9/29/2011 Jackie W

When my sister told me she was getting married I told her that I would get the DJ for her as a gift..and all I was hopeing for was that Suzanne wasn't book for that day!! Suzanne DJ'd my own wedding nearly 10 years ago and I was able to get her for my sisters wedding! She was again so easy to work with and just great! She played the music we requested and at a late request even found this old irish song to dedicate to my sisters in-laws. I would highly recommend Moondance productions!

Nice guy

Reviewed on 9/17/2011 Brenna K

Alan from moondance was a good choice. only snag we really had was that he didn't play all of the song on our very short must play list which only consisted of about 7 songs. He also cut off our first dance song in the middle of it which was really awkward for us. but other then that all of our guests love the music played and had a blast.

TO Moondance Productions