Moondance Productions

Narragansett, RI

Moondance Productions Professional DJs

Moondance Productions plays the music YOU choose, from classic jazz and oldies to the current hits of today. Advance requests and "Do Not Play" lists ensure that our clients' musical taste is reflected. We work well with other professionals, including photographers and banquet managers. This is very important, as the DJ is instrumental in keeping the sequence of events flowing without missing a beat! Please don't hesitate to call; we welcome any questions you may have!

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, African, Arabic, Caribbean, Celtic, Flamenco, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

PO Box 788, Narragansett, RI

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Nina S

So Easy! Every step of the way Moondance was so easy to work with. We live out of state, but after conference calling many DJ's, we knew Suzanne was our style. She did not disappoint! She answered phone calls and e-mails promptly. At the wedding she was easy going and... Read More flexible with all our last minute changes. We had some difficult names, but she pronounced everyone perfectly. She provided up-lighting at a great price which made the Aldrich Mansion unbelievably gorgeous! All our special requests were played and the dance floor was busy all night. The best part about having Suzanne was that I never felt worried or stressed.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Danielle C

We had the pleasure of having Pauline DJ our wedding on 8/14/15. Having her as our DJ was the best decision. She was very professional and very accommodating to our needs. We had a lot of songs that we wanted played during our wedding night and she was able to fit everything in... Read More perfectly. All of our guest commented on how great our DJ was! She really made our wedding a memorable one. I have been to many weddings and by far she was the best DJ that I have seen. We definitely made the right decision.

Moondance was Fantastic!!

Reviewed on 9/10/2015 Erin W

We had Alan as our DJ for our wedding. We provided him with a playlist of songs for the ceremony, reception, dinner, and a few songs for dancing. He played everything perfectly and was great at improvising songs for the dancing once our selections ran out. One of the biggest... Read More bonuses was that he was not the typical cheesy wedding DJ. He made announcements when necessary, was amazing at the introductions, and kept us all on schedule – but without the corny jokes trying to be funny and talking to the audience like they were children like I hate (ex: "How are you all doing tonight? ... I can't hear you, I said how are you all doing tonight??") They were also very reasonably priced in comparison to the other DJs I researched! We are extremely happy with our decision to go with Moondance and highly recommend them.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Ami F

DJ+Photo Booth+Lighting We hired Moondance Productions for all three services and were very impressed at the quality and professionalism of each. Our DJ Suzanne was spot on with the music, keeping the dance floor packed all night. The up-lighting was completely stunning... Read More when you walked into the room. The photo booth was such a hit with my guests, I am so happy I decided to do it at the last minute. I was afraid it would be crass, but the set up was very nice and did not take up a lot of room. It was the perfect touch.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 loren95 s

Awesome DJ & Photo Booth! DJ Mike T was superb at reading the crowd and keeping the dance floor packed. We also used the Photo Booth service. I am so happy we decided to do this. EVERYONE loved it! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Mia N

EVERYTHING WE WANTED! Alan from Moondance was true to his word and played everything on our extensive list. He was flawless from start to finish, even outside on the windy beach for our ceremony. Great prices for ceremony, reception and up-lighting. We highly recommend... Read More getting the up-lighting. It was much less expensive than other vendors and totally transformed the look of the Newport Rotunda.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Talia C

We were fortunate enough to have Pauline as our DJ for our special day. Pauline was simply outstanding! She was charismatic and professional. Our guests LOVED her! We would not hesitate to hire her for another event or refer her to friends and family.

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Alexis D

Great DJ

Reviewed on 7/20/2015 Courteney M

These people are perfect for those of us that just want someone to play good music! There are no frills, no uplighting no silly announcements, just really awesome folk who will play what you want and keep people dancing. The prices are super reasonable and we would recommend... Read More them to anyone!

Great DJ services!

Reviewed on 4/28/2015 jessica l

Pauline was a great DJ and made our wedding one we would not forget. The music for cocktail hour, dinner, and dance section were put together perfectly. We had people on the dance floor all night until the lights went back on at 11pm!

Low stress, good price

Reviewed on 11/23/2014 Amy N

Our plan when dealing with most decisions was looking for the least stressful method. Moondance supplied this along with a GREAT price compared to most DJs and plenty of flexibility. We were looking for a DJ who wasn't going to be that stereotypical sketchy figure, we got a... Read More pleasant woman who kept our guest entertained without overdoing it.

Best DJ

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Nicole S

Alan from Moondance was the perfect DJ for my day wedding at Ocean Cliff in September 2014! We got to meet Alan months before our wedding and he was funny, thoughtful, and led us through everything we needed to know. We were actually 30 minutes late because we had the wrong... Read More time, but Alan drove back to the coffee shop to meet us - very nice of him. Alan is experienced and creative - we told him the ambiance we wanted to create and he knew exactly what to do. A week before the wedding he went through everything with us on the phone and gave great advice - very helpful! He also accepts a long list of songs for the entire reception and a do not play list. I highly recommend Moondance Productions!

Great Choice

Reviewed on 9/23/2014

I was a member of the bridal party in my friends wedding recently, we had Pauline as a DJ from Moondance Productions, and what a DJ she was! She catered to all of our music tastes, was on time, professional, courteous and made us all feel right at home. The whole night went... Read More perfect because of her, everything from intros to wedding songs and then getting the party started, she was top notch! I would recommend this vendor without a doubt for a professional fun and enchanting night! She knew how to engage the crowd throughout every phase of the evening which is not always easy to do. Definitely a people person who enjoys what she does. She knew the music in and out, the oldies, the new genres, and good ole favorites! Every song she played was perfect, and you could tell she really knew how the order of a wedding night goes, every different part of the night just flowed one after the next so easily. She was great, we are so grateful we had her! The equipment and uplights were top notch also! I definitely recommend going the extra notch for the lights, how pretty they make any room!

Great DJ, Great Party, Great Price!

Reviewed on 6/30/2014 Kate B

I had the pleasure of working with Suzanne from Moondance - one of the owners. From start to finish, it was really a great experience. We had a great meeting in person to start, and I could tell right off the bat that she was going to be a great DJ! She covered all the bases,... Read More and brought up things to consider that I hadn't thought of yet - which was really helpful! On the wedding day, she did the music and microphones for the ceremony as well as the rehearsal - she was VERY quick on her feet when a couple things popped up due to some little details that I had forgotten to take care of (whoops!) - she covered everything seamlessly and everything was exactly as I had hoped it would be. She was wonderful during the reception and I couldn't believe how FAST my guests were filling up the dance floor, and they stayed there the whole night! She was great at reading the crowd and knowing what to play when, and everybody had a blast!! I had been told several times by recent brides during the planning process: A good DJ can make or break your reception! I think it's true, and I think Suzanne did a tremendous job in making our event into a great party! I would DEFINITELY recommend her!

Mother of the bride

Reviewed on 11/29/2013 donna w

Moondance Productions was fabulous. They are so professional. They sent a packet and requested the music that my daughter wanted at her reception. They played what my daughter suggested. They got the wedding party dancing. They played smooth jazz mood music before the... Read More reception. They announced all the events for the reception. They worked with the best man who produced a professional video (which was funny) and they worked with him to make sure the sound was right and that it would work. Wedding music is so important and they did a perfect job.

Great music!

Reviewed on 11/13/2013 Lauren

Alan was professional and great! He played EVERY song I requested. Everyone raved about the music and he even did an extra 5 more songs!

Got the party started and kept it going!

Reviewed on 10/16/2013 Megan K

We used Moondance productions for our Wedding on September 21st, 2013. I went to several weddings over the summer and by far Alan and his team were the best DJ by far that was used at any of them. He played a great mix of current and older music as we requested, which made all... Read More of our guests really happy. Even some of the more instrumental versions of the songs that we requested for our ceremony music, he was able to come up with, without a second thought. My new husband and I very grateful to Alan and his team. He did an amazing job!

Best DJ Service around

Reviewed on 9/19/2013 Kelli D

We had an amazing experience with Moondance. Sue was so knowledgeable with the wedding process that she put my mind at total ease. From the ceremony music to the special requests she had everything covered and it was seamless. We had picked out a few songs that we liked and she... Read More was able to fill in a night full of the perfect music off of those few songs. Every song was perfect and people were dancing all night. I had more compliments on the music than anything else in the wedding...and we had a killer dessert table:)

Affordable and great Service!

Reviewed on 8/13/2013 Elizabeth H

We loved our DJ! She made our day so special. I had alot of special requests, one being that my father and I had written and recorded our own father daughter dance. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to find a DJ whom would play our song, but then we found Moondance! Our... Read More experience was fantastic, the music was very tasteful. They worked closely with us to make sure they did not play songs off our do not play list. I would reccomend Moondance to any bride!

Keeps the Party Going ALL NIGHT

Reviewed on 7/07/2013 Lyndsay C

I loved loved loved working with Moondance Productions. Alan was our DJ and he played everything perfectly! I sent him the list of songs we really wanted and songs we didn't want and he really kept the party going, even when many people had left and the die hards stayed to... Read More finish the night! It was a great time and I recommend everyone to use them!

Public Speaking?

Reviewed on 4/10/2013 Jessica P

The music at our wedding was great. We requested a number of songs and all of them were played. He also took requests, which our guests liked. However, he was "not good at public speaking" a quote he said at the beginning of the bridal party announcements onto the dance floor.... Read More We thought it was odd, he was a professional DJ right? But he was very nice, communicative before and during the wedding, as well as easy-going with changes and special requests.

everyone was dancing all night!

Reviewed on 11/20/2012 Amanda L

Alan at Moondance was great. He respected our must-play and do-not-play lists and most every song had a full dance floor. He is not the MC/entertainer type of DJ and that's exactly what I wanted. No dumb props or crazy disco lights (though he would probably set that up if you... Read More wanted). He also provided uplighting service for us, which enhanced our room without being tacky. A great DJ that was recommended to us, that we will recommend again.

Well Done

Reviewed on 11/03/2012 Crystal W

This really was a great deal. We had Alan Skiffington for our DJ and he was very relaxed and kept our minds at ease with how everything would play out. The only complaints I would have is that I had asked for him to have a certain song that I know would have surprised my... Read More husband. He emailed me and said he got it but then on the day he didn't. He also messed up announcing everyone coming into the reception and grouped like 4 people together at a time. I found out later that he couldn't really see us so he was just going by the form...I'm not upset about it. Overall he was a great guy and I am very happy we went with them. Everyone danced all night...great job.

Gets the crowd dancing!

Reviewed on 10/29/2012 Jennifer M

We had Suzanne from Moondance. She was great and had people on the dance floor all night long. Suzanne was so easy to work with and played all the music we wanted. Excellent price.

Great DJ

Reviewed on 10/27/2012 Jared N

We booked Alan for our wedding and he was a pleasure to work with. He stuck to our play and do not play lists and took requests. He helped us out during our ceremony as well and everything sounded great!