Moondance Productions Professional DJs

Moondance Productions plays the music YOU choose, from classic jazz and oldies to the current hits of today. Advance requests and "Do Not Play" lists ensure that our clients' musical taste is reflected. We work well with other professionals, including photographers and banquet managers. This is very important, as the DJ is instrumental in keeping the sequence of events flowing without missing a beat! Please don't hesitate to call; we welcome any questions you may have!

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, African, Arabic, Caribbean, Celtic, Flamenco, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

PO Box 788, Narragansett, RI (401) 782-4981

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Nina S

So Easy! Every step of the way Moondance was so easy to work with. We live out of state, but after conference calling many DJ's, we knew Suzanne was our style. She did not disappoint! She answered phone calls and e-mails promptly. At the wedding she was easy going and... Read More flexible with all our last minute changes. We had some difficult names, but she pronounced everyone perfectly. She provided up-lighting at a great price which made the Aldrich Mansion unbelievably gorgeous! All our special requests were played and the dance floor was busy all night. The best part about having Suzanne was that I never felt worried or stressed.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Danielle C

We had the pleasure of having Pauline DJ our wedding on 8/14/15. Having her as our DJ was the best decision. She was very professional and very accommodating to our needs. We had a lot of songs that we wanted played during our wedding night and she was able to fit everything in... Read More perfectly. All of our guest commented on how great our DJ was! She really made our wedding a memorable one. I have been to many weddings and by far she was the best DJ that I have seen. We definitely made the right decision.

Moondance was Fantastic!!

Reviewed on 9/10/2015 Erin W

We had Alan as our DJ for our wedding. We provided him with a playlist of songs for the ceremony, reception, dinner, and a few songs for dancing. He played everything perfectly and was great at improvising songs for the dancing once our selections ran out. One of the biggest... Read More bonuses was that he was not the typical cheesy wedding DJ. He made announcements when necessary, was amazing at the introductions, and kept us all on schedule – but without the corny jokes trying to be funny and talking to the audience like they were children like I hate (ex: "How are you all doing tonight? ... I can't hear you, I said how are you all doing tonight??") They were also very reasonably priced in comparison to the other DJs I researched! We are extremely happy with our decision to go with Moondance and highly recommend them.

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Trissa T

Working with Suzanne and Moondance Productions was the perfect choice for our wedding day. Suzanne was very easy to work with and was prompt with her calls and emails. She also worked very well with the rest of our vendors to make the day flow effortlessly from one moment to the... Read More next. We had so many of our guests compliment her music choices and we ended up extending her service an extra hour since the dance floor was still packed by the end of the night. You can't go wrong with Moondance Productions! Thank you, Suzanne!

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Taryn M

I worked closely with Alan for our June 2017 wedding. He was very responsive over email and by phone, and never made me feel rushed, even when I had a lot of questions. In terms of Rhode Island DJs, Moondance is extremely affordable, which was a huge plus for us. The music they... Read More played was great--a perfect mix of old and new that had everyone at our wedding dancing for two hours straight! There was one tiny snafu with our entrance, but I'll be the first to admit that our request was kind of odd: we had wanted the entire bridal party to enter as one group, and then the entire grooms party to enter as another group. Instead, they were announced individually, as they are at a more traditional wedding. No harm, no foul! I really appreciated that Alan used the mic very sparingly; I've been to other weddings where the DJ kind of dominates the entire event, and I find that really cheesy. Not here! It was ALL about the music--Prince, Missy Elliot, the Backstreet Boys, the Temptations, and more! Overall, Moondance provides great service for the price, and Alan is very easy to work with.

Reviewed on 7/01/2017 Dave D

Suzanne was fantastic! Everything went perfectly at our wedding. Reasonable pricing makes Moondance the best wedding DJ choice in town. Very classy experience from start to finish!

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Kristi D

Going with Moondance Productions proved to be a great decision. My wife and I were pretty specific about how we wanted to approach our wedding music and MCing, and DJ Pauline hit every mark with confidence. She was one of our luckiest discoveries. We really wanted a classic,... Read More music-driven DJ who would focus on spinning good music, setting the right tone for the night, and keeping our guests dancing. We interviewed several DJs before finding Moondance, and we were pretty discouraged. They were entirely focused on “pumping up the party!!!” (ugh), and their music suggestions were pretty corny and uninspiring. They didn’t seem to get the kind of night were looking for, tone-wise. Enter Moondance Productions, a company that we almost didn’t look at because the pricing seemed suspiciously reasonable. We met with Pauline in Providence, and we could tell we had our DJ; she was smart, organized, easy-going, and mature. She let us know that she was receptive to any amount of input (ranging from a few song requests all the way to a detailed playlist), and she was totally cool with our request to keep MCing and crowd-hyping to a minimum. She was all about understanding what type of night we wanted, and then directing all her skills and experience towards making it come to life. Pauline responded to every email in a timely manner, and kept careful track of all the announcements, times, names, and minutia that go into MCing a wedding. Most importantly, she really worked with us to make a playlist that would make us happy and keep our guests dancing. Our requests were all over the place: folk rock, dance music, 70’s and 80’s pop, psychedelic rock, top 40, indie, etc. Pauline wove it all together, peppered it with her own improvisations based on how the night was flowing, and put together a seamless mix that kept everyone delighted. A month later, our guests are still telling us how great the music was. What more could you ask for?

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jamie l

Just a quick review to let everybody know you will not regret working with Moondance for your wedding! So many little details I did not think of that Suzanne brought up and went over with me. She gave the best suggestions for things I had no clue about. Music was great, dance... Read More floor was packed, excellent on the mic, and the up-lighting was the perfect accent to the Narragansett Towers. I couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Kathleen P

Moondance was amazing! They were really great at making our wedding into a great party. They had our whole wedding dancing by the end of the evening. We worked with Suzanne and she was great at giving us suggestions for songs and making sure the evening went smoothly. Highly... Read More recommend Moondance for any wedding event!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Jenny F

Moondance Productions is AWESOME. Mike T was our DJ and I still am getting phone calls from guests about how great he was! Moondance was so easy to work with and are so reasonably priced it's a no-brained to use their services. We hit a snag about two months out with our... Read More ceremony location and Moondance was there when I needed them to shift their plans for our day and be there for our ceremony music. I couldn't thank them enough!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 elizabeth r

WE LOVED PAULINE!!!!! AND MOONDANCE!!! Honestly, we cannot say enough good things about this group! From the moment we contacted Moondance, they were 100% helpful, upfront, and excellent. Also, cost wise they are amazing. Pauline was amazing before, during, and after our wedding... Read More day. She was super helpful about the playlist, and also super patient when we couldn't decide on some music choices until days before. She did a spectacular job playing music and the flow was perfect. Our guests told us she was one of the best DJs ever, and I totally agree. She also responded to emails super fast, which was an added bonus. Pauline was excellent. We've gone to a bazillion weddings including our own and she was hands down the best. We felt very lucky to have her DJ!

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Faith H

We are so glad that we selected Moondance Productions for our wedding. We loved working with Pauline. She was so helpful, professional, organized and easy to work with. She was very supportive in helping us customize the music and events of our day. We would highly... Read More recommend Pauline and Moondance!!!

Reviewed on 7/09/2016 Kelsey A

Deciding to have Suzanne from Moondance for our wedding reception was the best decision we could have made. Everything from start to finish was easy and professional. We had several emails back and forth and spoke over the phone, Suzanne was quick with email replies and very... Read More helpful to speak with over the phone. We shared an extensive playlist, which was followed closely. We had such a great dance party we asked her to stay an extra hour! If you want a professional who will caterer to your requests and create a great party, I would recommend Moondance any day.

Reviewed on 7/08/2016

From start to finish, Moondance was amazing to work with. We had Suzanne DJ our wedding two weeks ago and she could not have done a better job at making the process from start to finish as smooth as possible. She was responsive via email and phone and very easy to communicate... Read More with. Every song we requested was played and she stayed within our requested genre of music. We even kept her for an hour extra at the end of the night because no one wanted to leave the dance floor! Highly recommend Moondance to anyone looking for a great party catered to your unique style.

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Marissa H

For our wedding, we booked Alan as our DJ. We could not be happier with our choice. He was awesome to work with. We met with him a couple times before the wedding to go over our song list, "do not play" list and order of bridal party announcements. Aside from our song list, we... Read More had Alan play whatever music he felt was appropriate for dinner and dancing and guests amd us loved the music, everyone was dancing which was just what we hoped for! He was also great with the timeline. He always gave us a head's up when we should do the toasts and when the garter/bouquet toss would happen and cake cutting. This was great because we were able to focus on our guests and having a good time without worrying when everything needed to happen. He also worked great with our other vendors. I would book Moondance Productions a hundred times again!

Reviewed on 7/01/2016 Jennifer S

Alan was a great dj we had a great time and his photobooth was a hit at the wedding everyone love it, and I'm sure we will use it again in our next party. I will definitely recommend them again extremely professional yet fun.

Reviewed on 1/02/2016 Becky B

AWESOME DJ! I can't say enough about how happy I was with Moondance Productions for our NYE wedding. Alan was SO easy to work with. We gave him a short list of songs to play to give him an idea of what we were looking for and he filled in the rest with perfection. We also... Read More got the photo booth which was a huge hit. We used our own props because I wanted them to be geared more towards NYE than traditional props and it worked out really well. His son ran the photo booth and he was incredibly professional, kind, and helpful. Great job by his whole team, we got a lot of compliments on the music!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Ami F

DJ+Photo Booth+Lighting We hired Moondance Productions for all three services and were very impressed at the quality and professionalism of each. Our DJ Suzanne was spot on with the music, keeping the dance floor packed all night. The up-lighting was completely stunning... Read More when you walked into the room. The photo booth was such a hit with my guests, I am so happy I decided to do it at the last minute. I was afraid it would be crass, but the set up was very nice and did not take up a lot of room. It was the perfect touch.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 loren95 s

Awesome DJ & Photo Booth! DJ Mike T was superb at reading the crowd and keeping the dance floor packed. We also used the Photo Booth service. I am so happy we decided to do this. EVERYONE loved it! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Mia N

EVERYTHING WE WANTED! Alan from Moondance was true to his word and played everything on our extensive list. He was flawless from start to finish, even outside on the windy beach for our ceremony. Great prices for ceremony, reception and up-lighting. We highly recommend... Read More getting the up-lighting. It was much less expensive than other vendors and totally transformed the look of the Newport Rotunda.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Talia C

We were fortunate enough to have Pauline as our DJ for our special day. Pauline was simply outstanding! She was charismatic and professional. Our guests LOVED her! We would not hesitate to hire her for another event or refer her to friends and family.

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Alexis D

Outstanding!

Great DJ

Reviewed on 7/20/2015 Courteney M

These people are perfect for those of us that just want someone to play good music! There are no frills, no uplighting no silly announcements, just really awesome folk who will play what you want and keep people dancing. The prices are super reasonable and we would recommend... Read More them to anyone!

Great DJ services!

Reviewed on 4/28/2015 jessica l

Pauline was a great DJ and made our wedding one we would not forget. The music for cocktail hour, dinner, and dance section were put together perfectly. We had people on the dance floor all night until the lights went back on at 11pm!

Low stress, good price

Reviewed on 11/23/2014 Amy N

Our plan when dealing with most decisions was looking for the least stressful method. Moondance supplied this along with a GREAT price compared to most DJs and plenty of flexibility. We were looking for a DJ who wasn't going to be that stereotypical sketchy figure, we got a... Read More pleasant woman who kept our guest entertained without overdoing it.