Moorestown Ballroom

Moorestown, NJ

Charming Historic Estate in Moorestown, NJ

The Moorestown Ballroom is located in beautiful Moorestown, NJ. Our space is the ideal setting for your special day, offering an exclusive one-at-a-time private wedding location. Reflecting the charm of an enchanted 1920s English Manor, the Moorestown Ballroom, showcased within the historic Moorestown Community House, is an architectural treasure , perfect for wedding romance.

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Mansion + Estate

Rentals + Equipment

771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

16 East Main Street, Moorestown, NJ (856) 235-0326

Reviewed on 3/15/2018 Kristen R

We loved the Moorestown Community House for our wedding! Joan and her staff were easy to work with and very responsive throughout the planning process. The venue was beautiful and just what we hoped for! We looked at several spots, but as soon as we saw MCH, we knew there was no... Read More other place for us! The vintage decor inspired us to have a 1920's themed wedding and we barely needed any decorations because the estate was so amazing already. We are thrilled with the way our pictures and video turned out--the MCH was just a gorgeous backdrop for our perfect day.

Reviewed on 3/05/2018 Amanda A

We had our wedding here in October 2017 and it was hands down the best day ever! The venue is so unique and breathtaking, not to mention it is entirely yours and only yours for the day. Joan was an absolute pleasure to work with throughout the 2 year engagement/ wedding... Read More planning and even during a stressful fire at the community house. The venue has been modified and the updates are beautiful. We used Summit as our caterer and I can not speak highly enough about them, they were the perfect fit to this venue and our day!

Reviewed on 2/21/2018 Diane T

What a lovely, historic, and stately venue. We hosted our daughter's wedding here in December 2017 and, Joan Brown, the event coordinator, was over the top helpful and quick to respond with answers to our million questions over the year of planning. You must also secure a... Read More caterer from their approved list (we used Summit, also exceptional) and book quickly to get the date you want, especially if planning a Saturday event. This venue is definitely for the couple that wants something different, rather than a "wedding factory" venue that holds multiple weddings in a day. You have use of the entire facility all day, including a lovely bridal suite upstairs which is well-appointed with a salon room and seperate bridal lounge, all with great natural and artificial lighting for your wedding prep needs. The grounds are beautiful for photos year round. There is a Ballroom, a beautiful Garden Room, the Club Room for cocktail hour and bar, as well as the newly renovated library room for your ceremony if you want to hold on site. There are multiple fireplaces throughout the venue which added to the ambiance. Our final head count was 125, and there was ample room for both the coctail hour (which was set up with rented high tops in the club room and foyer area) and the ballroom for the reception. We opted for a DJ but there is a stage that can accommodate a large band as well. As it was the week before Christmas, the exterior was decorated tastefully with holiday wreaths on the windows and a lighted tree on the lawn. Downtown Moorestown is also very festive in December for your guests arrival. Our guests couldn't say enough about how lovely everything was and how much they enjoyed the venue. We booked a block of rooms at the nearby Westin Hotel (10 minute ride) and provided guest transportation through Albert's Limousine but there is plenty of on-site parking for your guests at the venue as well. It was a perfect experience all around.

Reviewed on 1/20/2018 Christine C

My now husband and I looked at only one other place before the Moorestown Community House. Once we saw the property, we knew it was the place we wanted to get married. The front lawn is beautiful with the historical brick building serving as one end of the background and the... Read More quant Main Street of Moorestown as the other. The inside of the building is just as breathtaking as the inside. We visited MCH when they were still under construction and could only envision the finished product and we were so happy with the outcome. We arrived early the day of the wedding to set up and get ready. The bridal suite upstairs was a perfect place to get ready and spend time with my girls. My hair/makeup artist was happy to have a room that was set up as a salon. The flow of the building was perfect with the guests able to walk through the whole first floor leading from the front lawn to the ballroom. We had a live band that utilized the stage putting on a fabulous show and the many details of the room gave us decor that we did not have to plan for. MCH was already a decoration piece for our wedding. Call Joan and experience for yourself!

Reviewed on 12/08/2017 Karly H

This venue is exactly what I wanted for my wedding on 09/23/17. I love the history of the building and it is absolutely beautiful. Pictures don't do a justice! Working with Joan and the rest of the team at the venue made planning such an elaborate event seamless. She always... Read More responded promptly to my questions, even with the little things. From paying the deposit to (sadly) putting an end to our wedding day, the Moorestown Community House was just wonderful. I highly recommend them for your wedding! You will not regret it :)

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Barb W

Our daughter's wedding reception was at the Moorestown Ballroom and it was beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Kelly B

INCREDIBLE VENUE! Joan Brown is lovely to work with! We hosted our daughter's wedding at the ballroom this past weekend--the room was truly magical! Gorgeous, glamorous and romantic... stunning parquetted ceiling, soft adjustable lighting, a true stage for our 9 piece band.... Read More Food was incredible by BACIO, one of the suggested food providers. There are numerous patios, and wonderful additional well appointed rooms so no one feels crowded. The bridal suite is really beautiful. Most of the building has just been redone this past year. Don't hesitate to book this iconic venue! A great value, but more important, tremendous quality. Happy parents, Dr. and Mrs. Andrew Blank. Ps. Thanks so much Joan Brown!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Aryn P

Recently had my wedding at the Moorestown Ballroom and it was an amazing experience. The ballroom is gorgeous and truly gave my wedding a fairy tale vibe. The staff is amazing and truly accommodating in every way. I urge anyone looking for a truly perfect venue to book here,... Read More you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Michelle D

What an amazing space! Joan is a great representative for the venue! She quickly responded to my emails, and had an answer for every question. The bridal sweet was just perfect! The "salon" with 5 chairs/mirrors was just perfect for everyone to get their hair and make up... Read More done on site. The bride's room was also spacious, with beautiful light pouring in! A very relaxing place to get ready. Also, I didn't realize until the day of that there was a huge kitchenette with a microwave and large (but not full size by today's standards) refrigerator, and a large area to eat and relax before the festivities began. That was a huge bonus! The stage was just perfect for our band! We had 111 guests at 11 tables (3 of which were the 72" round) and there it was the perfect size for us. Cozy but there was plenty of room between tables, no one had to squeeze to get by. My husband could even RUN between tables to photobomb as many people as he could :) So many of our guests commented on the beautiful venue and loved taking pictures all around the venue! Hopefully when I get professional pictures back I can update my review and add more of the venue! Book the Moorestown Ballroom, you be thrilled that you did!!! We had a blast!!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Liz H

The Moorestown ballroom is absolutely gorgeous. The staff is professional. We literally have no complaints.

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Michelle B

This venue is truly a diamond in the rough! Before we booked with the Moorestown Community House, we had looked at several venues from plain to fancy. What excited me about having this as my venue was the fact that we could have the venue for the ENTIRE day. It was also... Read More reasonably priced! We initially weren't going to look at the MCH because we figured it would be to expensive since we got it all day and we were the only wedding. Boy we're we wrong! All the fancy ones with grand chandeliers were nice, but I didn't feel as if we'd be given much attention up until the day of since they had multiple weddings in one day and you got a time slot to arrive so as to avoid the other weddings. At the Moorestown House, we got to use the upstairs and downstairs the entire day. I didn't use the Bridal suite, (which I was on the fence about considering how beautiful it was) but my husband used the Grooms suite. He and his Groomsman got there early and had plenty of time to relax and unwind before our wedding. I got ready at my father's house because I wanted some photos there for sentimental reasons. The rooms upstairs at the MCH offer plenty of nice photograph opportunities because they have such nice decor. I also loved the fact that I could come by the MCH if I needed to check out a room to be reminded of the layout, or see progress in the upgrades they were making at the time. Joan, the Event Manager was so nice and accommodating. She met with us and told us all about the house and also gave us a packet of info with various approved Caterers to fit within any budget. We chose Due Amici! It helped us having that list of approved Caterers because they were familiar with the layout of the house and knew exactly what to do on our big day. We had our wedding in August outside on the front lawn and when I walked out those doors to walk down the aisle, the view was overwhelmingly breathtaking. The lawn was nice and the setup we laid out was perfect. I was initially worried about the cars driving by in our photos, but we set our chairs up to block the view. The final thing that sealed the deal for us was the multiple rooms our guest got to use. Usually at weddings, guests are escorted into one big room while the Caterer gets the ballroom ready. At the Moorestown House, the guests have 3 rooms to navigate through, including a rear deck and front lawn. There was never any overcrowding and they enjoyed going from room to room discovering different foods and activities I had set up for them. The Moorestown house is definitely a house that you can let your imagination run wild and decorate according to your wedding theme if you are a DIY person. I added my own personal touches to different rooms such as signs and butterflies. If you want to feel like a King or Queen for a day in a Mansion, then this is the Venue for you! I guarantee you won't be disappointed. I wasn't, and I wish that I could have our wedding day on repeat because this house and our Caterer were the absolute best decision we could have ever made! Go ahead, call Joan now and book your appointment to tour the Venue before your date is booked!

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Alexandra B

Our wedding was amazing and this venue did not dissapoint. We were so proud to show off this historical building to our guests from out of state and country. The pictures were stunning and it was lovely to have different locations for the cocktail hour and the reception. We... Read More loved having the upstairs suite to get ready and it was so convenient to have the venue for the whole day. The grounds keeper there the day of the event wasn’t the nicest but overall we loved all of the details of this gorgeous mansion.

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Elizabeth A

Just go see it. My (now) husband and I looked from Maine to New Orleans for the perfect venue and ended up three miles from our house. MCH has character. It’s not ostentatious. It has plenty of room for guests to spread out. It has a lovely and convenient bridal suite. If it... Read More rains, you have enough room inside and enough beauty that you won’t be heartbroken. Plenty of parking. Fair range of vendor options. Joan is a wealth of knowledge about all things wedding related. She gives an edgy, no-nonsense first impression but she’s generous with her time and expertise.

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Kyle O

Choosing to have our wedding at the Moorestown Community House was the best decision we could have made. With the new renovations, it was more luxurious than we could have ever imagined. The property and building are so beautiful and the service and accommodations were... Read More phenomenal. It's also a great location if you have a live band - the stage is perfect! Thanks to Joan and the whole staff for everything!

Reviewed on 9/07/2017

We just had our wedding here and I honestly can't imagine having a better venue. We (the girls) were able to show up at 9am to have our hair and make up done onsite. It was perfect not having to go somewhere else! It was nice being the only people there as well, something the... Read More bigger country clubs and wedding venues can't offer. The bridal suite upstairs is magnificent, and the guys had their own room to get ready as well. I can't thank Joan (venue event planner) enough for all of her help that day. Moorestown Ballroom is the ultimate place to get married in the SJ area! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

2017-09-08T12:02:19 Response from the vendor

I can't thank you enough for your kind words and wonderful feedback! You know I loved working with you and your family. Best Wishes for a wonderful, happy and healthy life! Joan Brown, Wedding and Event Manager

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Jasmine V

We looked at many different venues at which to hold our daughter's wedding: a country club, a vineyard, and restaurants. After visiting countless locations, we happened upon The Moorestown Community House and I'm glad we did. The Community House provided us with an absolutely... Read More beautiful wedding! We can't stop sharing the wedding photos. The feedback from our guests have been glowing. Due Amici was the on site caterer and coordinator that provided great food with excellent service. We would not have changed a thing.

2017-09-08T12:06:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your glowing review of the Moorestown Ballroom. You were such a wonderful family and a pleasure to deal with. Best of Luck J and S! I hope our paths cross again some day soon! Joan Brown, Wedding and Event Manager

Reviewed on 1/24/2017 Rachel T

We had our wedding at the Moorestown Community house this past NYE 2016. It was a perfect venue. We did not have access to the club room due to renovations, but the size of the rooms in the rest of the venue was great for the size of our wedding (90 people). One of the things... Read More which was more important to my husband and I is that our venue was historic and have historic features. The community house perfectly fit this want. Also main street Moorestown is a great place to take pictures and a nice setting for a wedding. I would highly recommend the community house as a wedding venue.

2017-01-24T14:05:33 Response from the vendor

HI Rachel and Bradley! Thank you so much for the kind words and great feedback! I am so happy that all worked out for you. It was a pleasure working with you. Wishing you many happy and healthy years together. Best Wishes, Joan Brown, Wedding... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/06/2017 Dorothy L

The Moorestown Ballroom at the Community House was a gorgeous and affordable option for our wedding. For the price you cannot get a more classic and beautiful building for your event. We had the ceremony and reception at this venue and loved every minute of it. The photos turned... Read More out beautiful, especially the ones taken on the lawn with the gorgeous brick building as a backdrop. Know that you do not get any help from the venue - once your date is picked, they don't even want to talk to you until the week before the event. You'll need to go through your caterer to talk to them about anything you need to know. But that is understandable as this isn't solely an event building, which is what I loved about it. No 'wedding factory' feel here!

2017-01-17T10:20:10 Response from the vendor

I am so glad your wedding was a huge success! I saw some of your photos online. They are stunning. Thank you so much for hosting your wedding at the Moorestown Ballroom where "beautiful memories are made"! Best Wishes. Joan Brown, Wedding and Event Manager

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Kate D

I had looked at a lot of of venues and fell in love with the Moorestown Community House the second I pulled up. Joan was very quick to answer emails and had no problem with me visiting a bunch of times over the past year with different people to ooh and ahh over it and measure.... Read More I was a little disappointed the one room wasn't available because of the fire last year, but arrangements were made and everything came together very nicely. Joan was great making sure the bridal suite was finished in time for my wedding and it looked better than I could've ever imagined. I can't wait to see pictures of everyone in the building!

2017-01-17T10:25:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you Kate and Glenn for the kind words. I am so glad that your wedding was everything you hoped it would be! You were the first to use the newly renovated bridal dressing area! Best Wishes for a happy and wonderful future together. Joan... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Andrew C

Stunning venue with a beautiful historic building. Due to an unfortunate fire in October 2015, renovations are ongoing. The renovations are only improvements making it a more incredible venue. Sadly not everything was finished for our 11/26/16 wedding but we still managed to... Read More have a great cocktail hour and reception there thanks to the savvy planning of our caterers, Due Amici. Although we had hoped the renovations would be done in time, we were quite satisfied with the refunds we received to make amends for the unfinished rooms. Our wedding day was essentially perfect so I can only imagine the lucky future couples who will get to see the Moorestown Community House in it's full glory. Many thanks to Joan for being available to answer our many questions during the planing process.

Reviewed on 6/02/2016

The Venue itself was breathtaking but the staff really made it shine. My husband and I held our daughter's wedding reception at the Venue this past April. In sum, we were blown away. The food from Bacio Catering was phenomenal and very cutting edge. The kitchen also provided our... Read More guest with gluten free options. The space itself coupled with the sound and lighting made for a magical evening! Finally Chef Robert and his staff were amazing. They listened to our ideas and transformed our vision into reality!! They also ensured that each guest enjoyed themselves and that we had the time of our lives!! We would absolutely recommend The Venue and Bacio Catering!! Five Stars across the board!

2016-12-06T13:24:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words and beautiful review. Joan Brown Event Manager

Picture Perfect!

Reviewed on 12/26/2014 Catelyn T

We had our wedding at the Moorestown Community house on December 5, 2014. We are still receiving compliments from guests, and have two that now want their weddings at the Community House, as well. It was absolutely perfect. The venue is so elegant, and photographs... Read More wonderfully. The environment of the Community house makes for a very classy event. We had a very enjoyable time planning our wedding with the community house and the employees. Joan especially, was very helpful! We are sad it's over, and will miss them! :)

Stunning Wedding Venue!

Reviewed on 12/01/2014 Amanda N

I had my wedding reception at Moorestown Community House on November 22nd 2014. It is absolutely beautiful, for any bride looking for a unique classy stunning wedding venue - book here! You get the entire building all day - upstairs there is a large room for you and the girls to... Read More get your hair and makeup done, a private smaller bridal room to get dressed in and take pictures in, a kitchen and bathroom. The main floor has a beautiful wide hallway to layout seating charts and gift table, and there are 2 large rooms in addition to the ballroom. We used the front room for cocktails, and the garden room was used for candy table, dessert, coffee and photo booth. The ballroom was perfect, with a fireplace and large dance floor. We had 90 guests and it didn't feel empty nor cramped. I'm sure you could comfortably fit more people and tables. We communicated with Joan, who was a pleasure to work with and she had several helpful suggestions for other vendors. We had the perfect wedding at Moorestown Community House - I strongly suggest you consider them for your wedding!

Moorestowm Community House

Reviewed on 10/15/2014

My daughters wedding was 10/10 on a Friday evening. It was amazing! . The staff at Moorestown are gracious and accomodating , especially Joan who was like our friend from day one. She was always there with great advice and suggestions to make this day wonderful. I cant thank... Read More her enough. The venue is charming and has so much character and spirit . Not your 'cookie cutter' wedding venue . It is warm and enchanting like a mansion from long ago . We loved it as did our friends and family! Thank you thank you! Moorestown Community House!

Moorestown Ballroom - Amazing Wedding

Reviewed on 10/02/2014

My son and daughter-in-law were married this past weekend and had their reception at the Moorestown Ballroom. The Ballroom was elegant. All my family and friends commented on how beautiful the entire facility was. Everything was just perfect! My other son, the best man, was... Read More doing a video presentation as part of his toast and Joan, from the Moorestown Ballroom helped him obtain a screen and projector from her facility. We can't thank you enough for giving them an amazing wedding, one that they will never forget!!!!