Moorestown Ballroom

Moorestown, NJ

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The Moorestown Ballroom is situated in Moorestown, New Jersey, at The Community House. This old English-style manor house is nestled within historic walls and offers the ideal combination of elegance and charm. Couples can own their own private mansion for the day. This unique venue is an ideal setting for outdoor or indoor wedding ceremonies and indoor receptions. The exquisite red-brick architecture creates a magnificent backdrop for memorable wedding photographs. The Community House includes other rooms and spaces in addition to the Moorestown Ballroom available for wedding events.

Ballroom. The ballroom is a spacious and stately room. Rich wood paneling, a coffered ceiling, striking fireplace and large theatrical stage give the room a warm ambience. Candelabra chandeliers and dual balconies add to the uniqueness and charm of the room and a large dance floor completes the scene. The ballroom accommodates up to 200 seated guests.

Garden Room. The Garden Room is a bright room with beautiful hardwood floors. Large wooden windows frame the walls from the ceiling to the floor and graceful lighting adds to the charm. This space has a baby grand piano and the room leads out onto a flagstone patio. The Garden Room holds up to 40 seated guests.

Club Room. The Club Room is a classically stylish room with rich carpeting, eye-catching arched windows and dimmer-controlled lighting that creates the ideal ambience for wedding events. The room is furnished with a baby grand piano and accommodates 60 to 80 guests.

Lawn. The lawn is a lush and well-manicured area located in front of the manor house. This tranquil and elegant setting is the ideal area for an outdoor wedding ceremony.

Moorestown Ballroom provides couples with a day-of on-site manager to make sure that everything runs smoothly. The venue only hosts one wedding per day and to ensure this exclusivity, the rental fee includes the ballroom, Garden and Club Rooms, outdoor patios, kitchen and bridal and groom rooms. It provides couples with a list of approved preferred caterers that are trusted to create delicious menus. The kitchen is fitted with an industrial stove and double oven, refrigerator, freezer, ice machine, coffee pots and servers. The standard package includes:

• Bride and groom dressing rooms
  • Dance floor
  • Reception tables and chairs
  • Podium and stage
  • Coat check room
  • Ceremony chairs (included with indoor ceremony only)

Enlist a team of experienced professionals from a comprehensive vendor list to make your dream day become a reality. Other perks include:

• Outdoor lighting
  • Large parking lot
  • Audiovisual equipment

Charming Ballroom in Historic Moorestown, NJ

The Moorestown Ballroom is located in beautiful Moorestown, NJ. Our space is the ideal setting for your special day offering an exclusive one-at-a-time private wedding location. Our newly renovated ballroom nestled within our historic walls offers the perfect combination of elegance and charm. You would have full use of the estate that includes a ballroom to accommodate up to 200 people with a dance floor, our newly renovated Club Room with full bar and fireplace, front and back brick patios, gorgeous front lawn available for a ceremony, newly renovated 2nd. floor wedding suites, plus SO MUCH MORE!

Ballroom, Estate, Historic Venue

Rentals + Equipment

16 East Main Street, Moorestown, NJ (856) 235-0326

Amazing!

Reviewed on 8/26/2013 Sara B

The staff was so helpful and the place looked great!

2017-01-17T11:49:19 Response from the vendor

We aim to please and are thrilled with your kind words. Joan Brown, Wedding and Event Manager

Beautiful Venue!

Reviewed on 8/25/2012 Yolanda H

We hosted our wedding at MCH last month. Beautiful venue, great staff, great value. We recieved so many compliments on how beautiful the venue was.

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 7/17/2012 Bridget B

We had both our ceremony and reception at the Moorestown Community House- and they were both gorgeous! The traditional elements of this venue are what really set it apart from other cookie cutter places. It's beautiful and big. There is even a bridal suite upstairs to get ready.... Read More We had a wonderful event.

Reviewed on 1/24/2017 Rachel T

We had our wedding at the Moorestown Community house this past NYE 2016. It was a perfect venue. We did not have access to the club room due to renovations, but the size of the rooms in the rest of the venue was great for the size of our wedding (90 people). One of the things... Read More which was more important to my husband and I is that our venue was historic and have historic features. The community house perfectly fit this want. Also main street Moorestown is a great place to take pictures and a nice setting for a wedding. I would highly recommend the community house as a wedding venue.

2017-01-24T14:05:33 Response from the vendor

HI Rachel and Bradley! Thank you so much for the kind words and great feedback! I am so happy that all worked out for you. It was a pleasure working with you. Wishing you many happy and healthy years together. Best Wishes, Joan Brown, Wedding... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/06/2017 Dorothy L

The Moorestown Ballroom at the Community House was a gorgeous and affordable option for our wedding. For the price you cannot get a more classic and beautiful building for your event. We had the ceremony and reception at this venue and loved every minute of it. The photos turned... Read More out beautiful, especially the ones taken on the lawn with the gorgeous brick building as a backdrop. Know that you do not get any help from the venue - once your date is picked, they don't even want to talk to you until the week before the event. You'll need to go through your caterer to talk to them about anything you need to know. But that is understandable as this isn't solely an event building, which is what I loved about it. No 'wedding factory' feel here!

2017-01-17T10:20:10 Response from the vendor

I am so glad your wedding was a huge success! I saw some of your photos online. They are stunning. Thank you so much for hosting your wedding at the Moorestown Ballroom where "beautiful memories are made"! Best Wishes. Joan Brown, Wedding and Event Manager

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Kate D

I had looked at a lot of of venues and fell in love with the Moorestown Community House the second I pulled up. Joan was very quick to answer emails and had no problem with me visiting a bunch of times over the past year with different people to ooh and ahh over it and measure.... Read More I was a little disappointed the one room wasn't available because of the fire last year, but arrangements were made and everything came together very nicely. Joan was great making sure the bridal suite was finished in time for my wedding and it looked better than I could've ever imagined. I can't wait to see pictures of everyone in the building!

2017-01-17T10:25:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you Kate and Glenn for the kind words. I am so glad that your wedding was everything you hoped it would be! You were the first to use the newly renovated bridal dressing area! Best Wishes for a happy and wonderful future together. Joan... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/02/2016

The Venue itself was breathtaking but the staff really made it shine. My husband and I held our daughter's wedding reception at the Venue this past April. In sum, we were blown away. The food from Bacio Catering was phenomenal and very cutting edge. The kitchen also provided our... Read More guest with gluten free options. The space itself coupled with the sound and lighting made for a magical evening! Finally Chef Robert and his staff were amazing. They listened to our ideas and transformed our vision into reality!! They also ensured that each guest enjoyed themselves and that we had the time of our lives!! We would absolutely recommend The Venue and Bacio Catering!! Five Stars across the board!

2016-12-06T13:24:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words and beautiful review. Joan Brown Event Manager

Picture Perfect!

Reviewed on 12/26/2014 Catelyn T

We had our wedding at the Moorestown Community house on December 5, 2014. We are still receiving compliments from guests, and have two that now want their weddings at the Community House, as well. It was absolutely perfect. The venue is so elegant, and photographs... Read More wonderfully. The environment of the Community house makes for a very classy event. We had a very enjoyable time planning our wedding with the community house and the employees. Joan especially, was very helpful! We are sad it's over, and will miss them! :)

Stunning Wedding Venue!

Reviewed on 12/01/2014 Amanda N

I had my wedding reception at Moorestown Community House on November 22nd 2014. It is absolutely beautiful, for any bride looking for a unique classy stunning wedding venue - book here! You get the entire building all day - upstairs there is a large room for you and the girls to... Read More get your hair and makeup done, a private smaller bridal room to get dressed in and take pictures in, a kitchen and bathroom. The main floor has a beautiful wide hallway to layout seating charts and gift table, and there are 2 large rooms in addition to the ballroom. We used the front room for cocktails, and the garden room was used for candy table, dessert, coffee and photo booth. The ballroom was perfect, with a fireplace and large dance floor. We had 90 guests and it didn't feel empty nor cramped. I'm sure you could comfortably fit more people and tables. We communicated with Joan, who was a pleasure to work with and she had several helpful suggestions for other vendors. We had the perfect wedding at Moorestown Community House - I strongly suggest you consider them for your wedding!

Moorestowm Community House

Reviewed on 10/15/2014

My daughters wedding was 10/10 on a Friday evening. It was amazing! . The staff at Moorestown are gracious and accomodating , especially Joan who was like our friend from day one. She was always there with great advice and suggestions to make this day wonderful. I cant thank... Read More her enough. The venue is charming and has so much character and spirit . Not your 'cookie cutter' wedding venue . It is warm and enchanting like a mansion from long ago . We loved it as did our friends and family! Thank you thank you! Moorestown Community House!

Moorestown Ballroom - Amazing Wedding

Reviewed on 10/02/2014

My son and daughter-in-law were married this past weekend and had their reception at the Moorestown Ballroom. The Ballroom was elegant. All my family and friends commented on how beautiful the entire facility was. Everything was just perfect! My other son, the best man, was... Read More doing a video presentation as part of his toast and Joan, from the Moorestown Ballroom helped him obtain a screen and projector from her facility. We can't thank you enough for giving them an amazing wedding, one that they will never forget!!!!

Classic Elegance

Reviewed on 7/03/2012 Jessica B

I wanted a venue that was solely mine, didn't have to worry about other weddings taking place. Also, I wanted an elegant environment... the ballroom at the Community House, rather the entire building was exactly this and perfect in every way. It is a gorgeous building and... Read More perfect if you are hiring a band due to the stage in the ballroom. This place has personality and a lot of charm and you do not need to over do it on the decorations as it is just beautiful to begin with. Would recommend this for anyone with a wedding around 150 people, it is perfect. Also you get the facility the entire day, so I got ready there in the morning with my bridesmaids which made it very convenient.

awesome venue

Reviewed on 6/28/2012 Lauren M

The Moorestown Community House was a great find. It totally fit the look and feel that we were looking for in a wedding venue. We chose Due Amici caterers and couldn't have been happier with our day.

Reviewed on 8/02/2011 Donna Y

This is the perfect venue if you are looking for something unique with a vintage flare. We had use of the majority of the building and grounds. The bridal suite upstairs included several rooms with enough space for even a large bridal party to get ready. The building is... Read More incredibly photogenic. Joan Brown was wonderful, answered all questions and responded to all e-mails in a timely manner. The ballroom was perfect for our 130 guests (I think 15-17 tables would be okay, otherwise, it would get too cramped.) This is an absolutely stunning venue inside and out!