Mountain Gap Photography

Reading, Lancaster, Lehigh, & Philadelphia

Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Reading, Lancaster, Lehigh, & Philadelphia (610) 206-9781

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Gabrielle F

Betsy is more than a photographer, she was the wedding MVP! She is incredibly skilled and comes prepared for anything. Her rapid responses, her skilled eye, and her caring heart was a breath of fresh air throughout this process. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kristie W

I wish there was an option for 4.5 stars, because Mountain Gap deserves more than 4! First and foremost, Betsy and AJ are the most wonderful team to work with at every point in the process. Mountain Gap was timely, responsive, friendly, thoughtful, and helpful through every... Read More stage: from planning, to day-of support, post-event followup, and final delivery. They are extremely detail-oriented and their overall creative vision is clearly defined and cohesive. The only reason I'm not giving a firewall 5 is because I think they could use a little development in coaching/staging. I had a general idea for where to do our first look/bridal party shots based on the venue scenery, but looking back on the pictures that placement wasn't the best for the lighting. I wish they would have told us that while we were shooting and we would have happily moved. And while Betsy was fantastic about telling us where to put our hands, feet, bouquets, etc, one of the men in our bridal party who is also a wedding photographer said they didn't receive the same direction from AJ. Overall, they staged us well, but it just seemed like they didn't want to be too bossy/upset us at times. That is very thoughtful, especially considering the high emotions of a wedding day, but my personality type would have preferred a tiny bit more bossiness if it led to a better shot. This may also have only been a factor because unlike most couples they work with, we met them for the first time on our wedding day. We planned from a distance so we opted for an extra hour of shooting the day of the wedding instead of an engagement session which would have given them a better feel for our personalities ahead of time. However, the bottom line is I would hire them again in a heartbeat if I was re-living my wedding day. I have already recommended them to multiple newly-engaged friends as an option and follow their blog/social media just to see them continue to flourish. You cannot beat the value for the price with this duo! They clearly put their heart and soul into their work and we have so many wonderful pictures from our special day because of them.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Britney K

Mountain Gap Photography is a wonderful husband and wife team that took pictures for my sisters wedding. They are both very friendly and easy going people that will make you feel ccomfortable by directing you to pose for some shots while stepping back and taking candids at other... Read More times. They pay special attention to detail and have an eye for capturing the moment in beautiful and creative ways. I was also very impressed with how quickly we recieved the photos after the wedding. I definitely recommend them for any type of photography need!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Jen K

Mountain Gap Photography is so easy and enjoyable to work with! Their professionalism and experience allows you to enjoy your special day without concern that it will be documented well. Their creativity and attention to detail makes for such a pleasant experience and a... Read More beautiful final product!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Allison D

Betsy and AJ were awesome! They did our engagement and wedding photos, and all of them turned out beautifully! We never even noticed Betsy or AJ at the ceremony or reception since they were so good about not stepping in the middle of the moment for a photo. But they somehow were... Read More able to snag lots and lots of cute candid moments with me and my new hubby! They made formal shots feel comfortable and natural for everyone, including my bridal party and family. I cannot recommend them enough!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Sherry R

i would highly recommend Mountain Gap Photography. Both Betsy and AJ are highly gifted and give 150% of themselves. Betsy was such a joy to work with on my daughter’s wedding day. She has such a creative eye and choose shots that were both unique and beautiful. She is great with... Read More people and made it so easy to relax and have fun while taking the pictures. She went over and above in every way. We are thrilled with the pictures that were taken and truly feel honored that Mountain Gap was part of our special celebration. Betsy not only captured beautiful moments from the day but also captured the spirit of the day. Her expertise and love of people is a winning combination and made the event flow smoothly and stress free.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Lauren K

SO happy to have stumbled upon Mountain Gap Photography in our search for the best photographer in the area. Betsy is so kind, caring and her attention to detail is exactly what every couple needs on their big day. Our engagement pictures came out so wonderful. We can't wait to... Read More see what amazing shots Betsy and AJ take for us on for our wedding!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Natalie G

Betsy and Aj are a lot of fun to work with! We got our engagement shots done by Betsy and she has so many good ideas for posing and she made us feel comfortable and the end result was just what we wanted! Beautiful work!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Shannon P

Betsy and AJ are top-notch! We knew from the moment that we sat down with Betsy that she would be exactly what we were looking for in a photographer. Both she and AJ are down to earth and true professionals who are truly talented! Our engagement pictures turned out beautifully... Read More and from what we've seen of our wedding pictures, we love them too! They are very organized with a day-of timeline, which was incredibly helpful. We would recommend them over and over!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Caitlin H

If you are looking for a wedding photographer and made it to the reviews on this page, stop looking now and book Mountain Gap Photography! Seriously! Not all of my wedding decision were easy, but this one was! Betsy is a completely pleasure to work with, going out of her way to... Read More make us comfortable for both our engagement shoot and on wedding day. She's not the intrusive type but certainly will not miss any great photo opportunities. She does her research on all venues and that is obvious in the beautiful results. My husband Ryan and I wouldn't change a thing! Icing on the cake- she always has at least a picture or two for you to look at the day of the event which is absolutely awesome for the inpatient type like me.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Braeden E

Throughout the entire process, Betsy and AJ were attentive to our desires for our wedding photos, and they catered their service to meet those needs. Most importantly, they were so experienced that they kept us at ease the entire day of the wedding. They helped us compose a... Read More schedule, and they both knew it inside and out. They helped to make sure we were where we needed to be without being overbearing and all the while were snapping great shots. You will of course get your standard wedding day shots, but both are adept at personalizing your photos to add extra meaning to the collection. They are excellent communicators and make you feel like you and spouse-to-be are their only clients. I would highly recommend.

Reviewed on 3/15/2016 Bridget D

My husband and I love our engagement and wedding pictures! Betsy and AJ are very professional and detail oriented. I loved having them there to take pictures prior to the ceremony, during the ceremony, and during our reception. They beautifully captured all of our special... Read More moments. I love looking back at the photos and I'm so thankful that we have them thanks to Besty and AJ!! We highly recommend them!!

Reviewed on 3/03/2016

The morning of my wedding day, I was anxiously beginning to get myself ready in the room of the church and my soon to be sister in law stepped in and surprised me with the gift of Betsy's photography services for the full day. I was so surprised and completely grateful for such... Read More a precious gift to capture our memories for our wedding day. Betsy immediately stepped in with a smile on her face and told me she would start taking pictures of my dress and our families. She was beyond professional and wanted to capture a variety of photos for us. She stayed with us through the ceremony, after the ceremony, and on to the restaurant we picked out for a private meal for our close families and friends. To this day, I still think this was the best wedding gift. Pictures enable for you to look back at memories and reminisce to tell stories from that day.