Maine's Wedding Specialist

Don't settle for ordinary when you can have custom! DJ Michael is transforming weddings with packages that include customized mixed sound, romantic lighting and decor. His planning, preparation and performance will have your guest asking for more. Experienced in clubs, concerts, and theatre, Michael will help you create a memborable event that is uniquely you.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Latin

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

165 Rochester Street, Westbrook, ME Southern Maine and NH (207) 415-5497

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Amanda T

If you want your guests to keep dancing the whole night and for your guests to tell you that your wedding was "the best reception ever!", you have to hire DJ Michael. He gets to know you in the planning process, so he knows exactly what you want for your big day. Once it's time... Read More for the reception, you won't worry about a thing. We chose the gold package for our wedding and he transformed a blank canvas into a work of art with his lighting. It was absolutely beautiful! He also created a backdrop for our sweetheart table and it made such a difference with our photos. He really is the best! Choose MRK Entertainment- Michael will be the best choice you make for your DJ and lighting!

2016-07-31T12:29:20 Response from the vendor

Thank You Amanda! Very kind words. It's always great to be able to help where needed. We aim to make your wedding day unique, memorable and all yours. You two trully look amazing together. ~DJ Michael and Team

Reviewed on 7/15/2015

My husband and I interviewed a number of DJ companies, and we really clicked the most with Michael at M.R.K. Entertainment. He has the personality, the experience, and understood what we wanted; a party that wouldn't stop with music that fit our style. He knows a lot about... Read More reading a crowd and playing things to cater to a wide variety of tastes. He definitely cares about creating a custom experience for each Bride and Groom, and the questions he asked us on the way to our wedding day showed that. He was really one of our most thoughtful vendors, and he really helped us with the planning process and was very organized. We used his DJ service, as well as some lovely uplighting (we went with pink, which looked beautiful!) and a monogram on the wall behind the sweetheart table, which my husband wasn't on board with until he saw it. It looked great. We got a lot of compliments on how gorgeous our venue looked, and I attribute much of that to the extra touches we got. The DJ service on the day of the wedding was outstanding. He remained organized and kept things together. He communicated well with the venue, got set up on time, and confirmed the schedule with the venue coordinator, and made sure the flow of the evening was right. This kept me relaxed and having fun. He saw what people were feeling and what they weren't, and he kept everyone on their feet without being cheesy. He was on point with timing, and not for a moment did I stop having fun on the dance floor to think of a single thing he could have done better. I've already recommended him to two friends of mine that are engaged and planning weddings! I hope they pick him, because I'd love to go to a wedding he's Djing as a guest!

2015-07-17T15:37:17 Response from the vendor

Thank You very much for the review. I love seeing all guest dance and have a good time. Most of all, I prefer to see you and your husband enjoying the evening from the beginning to the end with no worries about technicalities. I'm glad... Read Less Read More

DJ/Lighting for wedding 6.14.14

Reviewed on 6/18/2014 Dana R

My fiancée and I contacted Michael Kennedy for dj services for our wedding. We met with him a couple of times. He was extremely polite, professional, and came up with many helpful ideas which went beyond the traditional dj role. Michael knows a great deal about lighting and has... Read More high end equipment that he used to transform our space into a premier wedding venue!!! Our guests loved the lights and so did we!!!! We loved the uplighting, the dance floor lights, and most of all the music!!! He played all of our songs, and kept everyone on the dance floor!!! The pricing was also very reasonable, where as most djs would charge an outrageous amount. Overall, Michael did an amazing job and I would HIGHLY recommend him!!!!!!!!

2015-07-08T08:55:46 Response from the vendor

Dana, Your wedding was fabulous! I Monogram really caught everyones eye as they entered. An Irish Pub is a great place to party. I wish you both the best.

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Dominique H

Working with Micheal was awesome! He was so helpful throughout the wedding planning process. He gets to know you and what your vision of your special day is and really helps everything run smoothly. Not only did he play great music that kept our guest on the dance floor all... Read More night but he kept everything on schedule and took so much stress off of us. He even kept the party going a little later than he was suppose to, free of charge! Picking Micheal as my DJ was my best decision! I can't say enough great things about our experience with Micheal , choose M.R.K. entertainment and you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Mallory H

M.R.K. Entertainment and DJ Matos made our wedding reception one to remember! DJ Matos was interactive with our guests, kept everyone dancing all night, took music requests AND allowed my husband and I behind the booth to play some songs! He was professional and informative and... Read More was there early to set up and help answer some last minute questions. They also have an online portal which is great for planning because it allows you to chose all the songs you want played and saves the list so you can keep adding at your own leisure. Not only does M.R.K Entertainment make planning easy but when the actual wedding day comes they are professional and make the day run smooth. They have the experience so you don't have to worry on your big day. We highly recommend them for your wedding! Mallory and Jeff

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Emily D

One of the best decisions we made was working with Michael for our wedding. He is a total professional and went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect. I'm talking came and met with us on a Sunday to talk through the day and show us how to use his very handy online... Read More platform, came with us to visit the venue (which was an old sailing club on Peaks Island) -- again on his own time -- to make sure he knew where all the outlets were and had the right equipment to accommodate our needs. Also, we had one of the only wedding ceremonies I've been to where everyone was mic-ed properly and you could actually hear the officiant and vows! This at an outdoor venue next to the ocean - not an easy feat. Our guests were dancing all night long, he had a great lighting display, and his #1 goal was to make us happy - mission accomplished! I can not recommend highly enough.

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Mary Kate A

Working with Michael was such a pleasure! We knew one of the most important vendors a part of a wedding is the DJ/music. We met with Michael last July for our June 2017 wedding and he reassured us in so many ways. He plans ahead for any circumstance and is very knowledgeable in... Read More regards to weddings and entertaining people. We had a wedding of 165 people and there wasn't any point in the night when the dance floor wasn't crowded. He did such a great job playing the "must haves" and was very respectful in keeping away from the "do not play list." Michael was so fun to have around and was the perfect DJ/MC for our night!

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Ryan and Maegan K

Michael and his assistant DJ Adrian both did a fantastic job with the music at our wedding. Our reception was a total of 8 hours, but the time Michael and his team spent with us was much longer than what we merely booked for music. They were very professional and went above... Read More and beyond examining our venue and ensured that an echo-y room (which we were quite nervous about!) had crystal clear music by the end of it. Michael especially went out of his way meeting with us in advance and making sure we got exactly the music we wanted. He was also vital in making sure that our reception --planned very quickly, and out of state, with many last minute surprises-- went smoothly. Our minds were going a mile a minute that day, but when we saw our video recently, with the guests dancing, and everyone having a great time--we knew we made the right the choice with Michael :) :)

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Nicole W

There are not enough words to describe how amazing DJ Micheal did at our apple orchard wedding earlier this month. Right from the start at the ceremony, up to the very end ( playing mine and my best friends song bohemian rhapsody) every song was perfectly placed. I received... Read More messages the day after from friends talking about how much they loved the music! The dance floor was filled all night and he gives so much attention to every detail on the wedding day! It's been 2 weeks and my dad still can't stop talking about how much he loved that the music played was fun for all ages. The uplighting and the little extra touches he adds on really made the atmosphere! Thank you so much Michael for making our day perfect! And oh so much fun!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 meredith w

Michael was responsive, engaged, and truly "got us" as a couple. He completely understood what we envisioned for our wedding and didn't try to upsell our low key style on any additional packages or lighting that we weren't interested in. He truly knows his stuff, has been in the... Read More business for a long time and can help you out if you are feeling overwhelmed with all of the music options and choices you have to make. On top being truly wonderful at what he does, he's a great guy that we enjoyed spending time with and getting to know! Can't beat that.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jennifer F

DJ Michael did a great job giving us a blend of our tastes in music. He had our group out on the floor all night, and helped guide the flow of the night without overpowering our small venue. We really appreciated his responsiveness leading up to the event!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Andy C

Absolutely amazing!! Everything could not have gone better on our day! Incredibly flexible, understanding, and willing to do just about anything we asked for! If we had an idea or a question, we had an answer almost instantly and they made everything happen. Tim was so much fun... Read More to work with and knows how to keep the party going - including some impromptu karaoke from the groomsmen! We honestly can't thank him or M.R.K. Entertainment enough! Best bang for your buck around!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 MJ G

DJ Tim was fabulous! We heard about DJ Tim through a friend who had a great experience with him and decided to hire him for our wedding. This part of our wedding planning was one of the only stress free items on our "to do list”, which we were extremely grateful for. He was so... Read More easy to communicate with, very personable and easily accommodated the type of music we wanted played. His ability to cater to a wide variety of attendees was amazing and he kept the dance floor full the entire time! People have consistently raved about about what a great time they had. Thank you DJ Tim for making our wedding experience so memorable!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 MJ G

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Beth P

We had DJ Tim for our wedding and we simply cannot say enough about how amazing the whole experience was from beginning to end. As soon as we met we knew he would be a perfect fit for our big day. He took the time to meet with us beforehand to go over the specifics of what we... Read More wanted. He played the guitar for our procession, first dance, and while the guests were eating dinner. He kept the dance floor full all night with our selection as well as all the wedding classics. Our friends and family all raved about how good it was to have a blend of live music in addition to recorded music. He gave us the personal touch we were looking for in our wedding DJ. Thank you Tim!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Amanda S

Start to finish a very professional service- we were beyond thrilled with DJ Tim's service with MRK Entertainment. He kept our guests dancing all night and really catered to everyone's musical taste. Tim even played guitar and sang during the cocktail hour!!!! The personal touch... Read More of guitar and singing made our night unforgettable! Our families have not stopped raving about the guitar and singing! Thank you for adding to our amazing night! You're the best!!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Shawn B

What a wonderful experience. We had a low key wedding of "only" around 75 guest, with a mix of ages from 3 to 80s+. We did not come in with a set list of music, and our taste are all over the board. We were able to give some examples of songs we liked and he captured that in a... Read More mix of songs that we recognized and appreciated on our busy day. At the same time he was able to fit in some request from the teens there, so everyone hit the dance floor at one time or another and had a great time. The emo 12 and 13 year olds even commented to their parents that the wedding was "not that bad". Not sure there is a better endorsement than that! The lighting was just right for our event. Being a more casual event, there was some LED lighting that highlighted the location we chose. He had some fun dance floor lighting, without being over-bearing. Not only was the music superb, but he helped keep us on track for our schedule as well. He was completely and wholly invested in making our day the best possible and the casual seriousness with which he applied his services to our day made our wedding that much more enjoyable. I would recommend him to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Allison G

DJ Adrian Matos was absolutely amazing. We talked with a few DJs prior to meeting them but didn't really feel over the top excited about them. Once we sat down with Michael and Adrian we knew we had to go with them. My husband and I didn't really know what exactly we wanted, and... Read More Michael helped us plan the night. Adrian had the dance floor filled the entire night! Everyone one had so much fun because of his excitement and energy. He was able to keep all the groomsmen in line as well (a feet in itself). We couldn't be more happy with how the night went off and Adrian and Michael were amazing every step of the way.

Reviewed on 7/05/2016

Michael provides the music at me wedding in cape Elizabeth. He did a fantastic job, everyone loved the music!

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Sarah S

If we could give DJ Michael more than 5 stars, we would! We were working with a tight budget and planning from long-distance, and DJ Michael was right with us the whole way, eliminating so much of typical wedding planning stress. He went above and beyond to make our day so... Read More incredible. Throughout the entire process, DJ Michael was professional, available when we needed him, and knowledgeable about so many aspects of wedding planning. The day-of, DJ Michael’s attention to detail, personality, and professionalism shone through every step of the way. Not only did he provide amazing music and sound, he noticed things like people hadn’t noticed the guestbook and directed the guests to sign it. He took our vision for the wedding and created the exact atmosphere we were looking for, and turned the barn venue into a dance club. We were so impressed with DJ Michael and would recommend him to anyone in search of a DJ.

2015-09-29T20:30:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you Sarah for taking the time to provides such a flattering review. It was a pleasure to help you create the wedding you dreamed about. Congratulations & Best Wishes, Michael.

Great DJ Service!! Highly Recommend!

Reviewed on 9/21/2015 Bethany D

DJ Michael really went above and beyond with his knowledge and service during our planing process. His expertise with the sound system and what was needed for our crowd size was spot on! Our reception was around 100 people, so he suggested the right system for us, but has bigger... Read More or smaller systems to fit each group. He had backup plans for every situation that could go wrong. (song lists, speakers, etc.) He was flexible with our request, had lots of helpful advise for the flow of events, and had our guest dancing throughout the night!

Reviewed on 8/26/2015 Lena L

Michael is very professional and knowledgeable. He does excellent lighting and a very clean set up. On top of providing us with great mc skills, great lighting and fun music he also took almost 200 very good quality photos for us which was a great surprise! I highly recommend... Read More booking him for your Maine wedding!

Reviewed on 8/12/2015

A great DJ really makes a different in a whole series of events, and a wedding is no different. I have to say that I was incredibly impressed with the job that Michael did with our wedding. Both my husband and I were impressed with how he entertained the guests while... Read More maintaining the attention on us. He's good at what he does because you can see that music is effortless for him, he feels it rather than hears it, and in this is able to do exactly what we wanted without us having to worry about it! This has been such a positive experience that I had to come online and share it with all of you! If any of you are looking for the best DJ for your wedding, this guy RIGHT here is the best! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Susan R

My husband and I chose Michael to DJ our wedding because we really had a great feeling about him. He has a great personality and we could tell the first time we talked that he was very professional and honest. We knew we could trust him to provide the music we wanted. He... Read More discussed our preferences with us and asked a little about our wedding and the people attending. He was very willing to accommodate any type of music we needed. On the day of, he provided exactly what we were looking for. Everyone had an amazing time because the music spanned many decades, and everyone recognized their favorites. If you're looking for a wedding DJ, I would recommend DJ Michael.

Reviewed on 7/31/2015

My wife and I were thrilled with the services DJ Michael provided for our wedding reception. He is an awesome personality and he supplied our party with an excellent mix of music. We had a number of guests from their early 20's to their late 60's and he played a variety of hits... Read More and classics that everyone seemed to enjoy. It was a lot of fun to see everyone enjoying themselves and getting out on the dance floor. DJ Michael provided a positive energy for our gathering and made the evening a very enjoyable and memorable for all of us that were there.

DJ Michael

DJ Michael is a talented, experienced and educated performer. He brings class and elegance your event. He'll redirect the focus on you. His mixing style provides a dance party atmosphere with a mix of Top40 and classic forgotten gems. Songs will transition smoothly and naturally without abrupt changes. His EmCee skills include Public Speaking and basic radio work. Michael's knowledge of lighting is in the elite level. He has experience working with national bands and theatrical productions. This will prove helpful to assist you in the choreography of your event, ensuring a smooth event.