Museum Of Contemporary Art

Bow2010
Bow2008 09

220 East Chicago Ave, Chicago, IL

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Emily K

This is a wedding reception review. My husband & I had our reception at the MCA beginning of June this year & everything went so smoothly! Kristy & Mary were amazing to work with leading up to the big day. They were all very easy to work with & no request went unheard. We would... Read More highly recommend this as your venue if you're looking for a fun, unique, cool place. We were able to have cocktails outside on the terrace. Our band played in the cafe area & I didn't think the acoustics were too bad. Our guests had nothing but great things to say & we were told numerous times that we had the most fun wedding they had ever been to. The food was excellent- we had three stations along with a dessert table plus late night snacks! Most weddings I go to the food is not that great but their catering was outstanding! The only bad thing is you probably won't know what will be in the exhibits until a few months before the event so you'll have to be flexible. We had surrealism which was a little weird but we just went with it. The other exhibit was opening the day of our reception but they allowed me a sneak peek so I wasn't surprised about what was being displayed for my guests. You won't be able to take pics in the exhibit but you'll get some gorgeous shots outside the front/back of the MCA & on their beautiful staircase. The MCA is also a great, small museum if you love modern art. Their gift shop is also really cool & you can always find an unconventional gift. We have a yearly membership with them & it's so worth it! Plus if you get married here they'll give you a yearly one for free!

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Katie D

We celebrated our wedding reception at the Museum of Contemporary Art in late July. Chaz was easy to work with in preparation to know how best to use the space, and he helped it go smoothly the day of transitioning an outdoor cocktail hour inside minutes ahead of the guests... Read More during a downpour. Mary managed the food side, and was extremely organized and fun to work with! The food was delicious!! The team was accommodating with pre-planning and day of activities, especially as I planned our wedding from out of town (day of coordinator). I know the whole MCA crew was busy behind the scenes, but the delivery is flawless!! Overall, the venue works well for a great dance party, with quiet tables for people to connect, and see beauty with a museum visit! Really a great combination for a wedding celebration!

Great place, good service

Reviewed on 10/08/2012 Yi G

Beautiful location - but limited say in art selection during your event obviously. Comes with Wolfgang Puck catering. Great quality but is on the expensive side.

classy and fun venue

Reviewed on 10/01/2010 Natalie M

the MCA was fantastic all around -- easy to work with, their staff was great in helping to plan and provide a little hand-holding along the way where needed, and was classy and different from your standard, stuff wedding venue. with gorgeous weather, we were able to have the... Read More ceremony outdoors and a fabulous reception inside (and throughout, guests were allowed to wander through the galleries as a nice side-touch). loved it all around!