Music Man Entertainment

Albany Saratoga Troy

Music Man Entertainment - DJ Mike Garrasi

Classical, Country, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Indian, Latin, World Music

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Albany, NY
Albany Saratoga Troy

November Wedding

Reviewed on 11/28/2015 Sally L

When beginning to plan my wedding, I knew music was a top priority on my list and I wanted to find the best DJ around. While looking at reviews and local DJs I narrowed it down to two, Mike and another company. The other company was way expensive so I contacted Mike, thinking,... Read More based on his reviews, he would be out of our budget. When I called Mike, not only was he friendly, but he really cared about what my husband and I wanted during our special day, and the best part, he was a lot cheaper than expected, this being said, I booked him right then and there! Throughout the whole planning process, Mike was available, always gave a quick response to any and all questions and concerns that I had. Mike doesn't make it about himself like some DJs I have seen, he really does everything to make your day, yours! I highly recommend Mike to anyone who needs a DJ for a party, and hope to use him again in the future, he exceeded my expectations!

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Melissa S

Mike did an absolutely fabulous job!!!! He helps seamlessly blend our ceremony music, cocktail hour, and reception into one of the best night of our lives. Even before this night, Mike was right there, easy to get a hold of, and answer any questions we had and made us seem like... Read More his number 1 priority. Throughout the night he was great checking in on us, asking how things were and rolling with the small changes we made like the absolute pro he is. Hats off for a job well done!

Top Notch DJ!

Reviewed on 11/05/2015 Gabriella L

Any wedding can incorporate hundreds of decisions, big and small, with some mattering so much more. Having been able to reflect back over the past month about our Special Day, we can confidently say that one of best decisions we made was to hire Mike Garrasi as our DJ. We... Read More planned a wedding from out of town, and Mike made himself available to meet with us on a weekend morning, which we appreciated so much knowing how busy his can be. He was quick with responses when emailed, gave great input and was very accommodating with all requests. He holds himself to a high standard of professionalism, yet brings an incredible amount of energy and a charismatic personality to the table. He kept the place rocking from the very first song, and the slideshow, up-lighting and monogram lighting he provided all added great touches! During our reception, if there was even the slightest uncertainty about something, Mike would tell us it was not our problem to worry and would promptly handle it. His service was beyond anything we expected. We know we could not have asked for a better DJ and would absolutely recommend Mike Garrasi to anyone planning a wedding. We can only hope that we are lucky enough to see him in action again at a future wedding!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Melissa L

If I could give Mike 6 stars I would. We discovered Mike when we attended a wedding in Saratoga 2 years ago that he was DJing. When we got engaged we immediately reached out to our friends to get Mike's details so we could ask him to DJ our wedding in NYC. It was easily one of... Read More the best decisions we made in planning the wedding. When planning the big day, every time we spoke to Mike he had an infectious energy to him. He was so easy to work with and made it clear he was willing to go the extra mile to make our day special. When the day of the wedding came Mike was at the venue HOURS early. He made us feel like our wedding was as important to him as if we were his own family. I have to also give Mike extra credit because helped me pull off a massive surprise performance for my bride that I put together with myself and the bridal party. This surprise had a lot of moving parts but leading up to it he made me feel so confident that we could pull it off that it took a lot of stress off of me. The surprise went off without a hitch and I can't thank Mike enough for his help. Now when it comes to the actual DJing, Mike is all aces. He had our 125 guests on the dance floor all night. The energy was insane. We had so many guests tell us in the days and weeks following the wedding that they'd never had so much fun on the dance floor. Mike was just incredible to work with. On the day of the wedding he makes you feel like that wedding is the only thing in the world that matters to him, and it shows. His customer service is second to none. Mike thank you so much for everything. We'll never forget it.

The Amazing Music Man

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

Derek and I just had our wedding this past Sunday. We live in Florida, but are both from upstate NY. Our families are still there and we couldn't think of a better place to become man and wife. After booking our venue (Franklin Plaza Ballroom), my first phone call was to Music... Read More Man Entertainment. After speaking with Mike, I knew that he was perfect for our reception. You could feel his energy and passion for his business already over the phone! Working with Mike calling back and forth from Florida was no problem at all. He had flexible calling hours, and even would call later in the evening/night if we had a scheduling conflict. He was AMAZING and had us completely at ease from the time we first spoke to him 2 years ago until the final moments of our big day. He worked perfectly with the staff at the Franklin Plaza (Joe, Greg and Jerry) and did not miss a beat with the music at both our Cocktail Hour and Reception. He was open to ANY music we wanted (including Disney songs mixed in with other classical music) and was able to offer any advice when we were completely lost (such as what songs to select during bouquet and garter toss). My guests all complemented his ability to pick songs that worked with every generation that was present for the reception; songs that my 16-20 year old cousins and my 80 year old grandparents knew! The dance floor was PACKED the entire night. I have never seen my grandparents dance so much in my entire life! This was my first wedding to ever attend or be a part of, and I was a bride that was completely anxiety free because of Mike's work alongside Casey Connell Photography and the staff at Franklin Plaza! Thank you thank you THANK YOU Mike for your AMAZING work and my AMAZING reception. It wouldn't have been the same without you!

The best !

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Allison S

Mike you are amazing! Thank you for making our wedding day so spectacular from ceremony to reception. The dance floor was packed! Our guests raved about the selection of music. We can't thank you enough!

Music Man Entertainment

Reviewed on 10/18/2015

Music Man Entertainment is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! I would have given him more than 5 stars for the overall rating if this website would allow it. If you are getting married, you definitely want Mike Garrasi to be your DJ! Other DJs just don't hold a candle to him. My husband... Read More and I couldn't have asked for anything more! We were truly 100% satisfied!

Awesome DJ!!!

Reviewed on 10/10/2015 Amanda C

Mike was such an awesome DJ!! We met him at a bridal show and knew we wanted to book him! He has an awesome personality and knows so much about the industry! Mike was always quick to respond and always helped us out when we had questions regarding song suggestions, the order... Read More of events, or anything else! We talked to him about extending the time of the reception and didn't decide until just a few days before but he was more than happy to stay for us! At our wedding, Mike played a mix of the classics, today's hits, and pop-country songs that kept people on the dance floor all night!! Everyone was so tired the next day from dancing! Mike did an awesome job with everything and we would recommend him to anyone!

Music Man Entertainment is amazing!

Reviewed on 10/09/2015 Brooke S

Mike Is awesome! He is so friendly and wonderful! We booked him after reading a bunch of great reviews! After talking to him, I knew we had made the right choice! He is so energetic and it is so clear that he loves what he does! Mike met with Adam and I a few weeks before the... Read More wedding to go over everything. He really helped us set up a time line for the ceremony and reception which eased my mind (he's obviously done this a lot more than us so we really valued his opinion and input). He played ceremony music for us, but I must admit I didn't hear it (I may have been distracted by seeing my soon to be husband at the end of the aisle)! Once the ceremony was over, Mike wasted no time and set up for cocktail hour and played a lot of great music; we had discussed the types of music we liked and he nailed it perfectly! Mike did a great job at reception. I feel like a lot of DJs are attention seeking and obnoxious, but Mike is nothing like that. He kept the flow of the reception and kept the party going without being over the top, which we really appreciated! The dance floor was full the entire evening AND we only had 56 guests total! Mike asked for our must have playlist and then filled In the blanks with more great party music, even my grandmother was on the dance floor doing the wobble! The flow was perfect and Mike picked the best songs for our wedding day! We are so thankful for his help through the planning process and his great experience on the wedding day! Mike, thank you for helping to make our day the BEST DAY EVER!

Mike is the best!!

Reviewed on 10/04/2015 Krystal Lynn C

Mike made our wedding day fun and he played all the favorites my husband and I requested!! He was very accommodating and as always super friendly. Mike is definitely highly recommended for your next wedding, party, or group event!! He is well worth the investment!!

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Colyn F

Mike was instrumental in planning our timeline for the day of. We looked to him and his expertise for how our wedding should run. He suggested and guided while also remaining incredibly flexible about our wants and needs. Our wedding took place at the Old Daley Inn at Crooked... Read More Lake, which Mike was very familiar with and it showed. Our ceremony music was accurate and at the perfect volume. The microphone used during the ceremony worked flawlessly and our guests said they could hear everything that was said. The music Mike chose to play at the reception fit the mood of the room and had everyone dancing all night long. He was incredibly personable, kind, and easygoing. If we could give him 10 stars, we WOULD!

Reviewed on 9/17/2015

I could not possibly have enough characters allowed on this review to truly explain how phenomenal Mike Garrasi is at his job. Not only are his DJing services exceptional, but he was able to help us with all aspects of our wedding planning; answering whatever questions we had... Read More and giving us numerous recommendations. Being an out-of-state couple, it was extremely reassuring when Mike knew EVERY vendor we were working with and had worked with each of them (and at our venue) countless times. We felt like he really cared about doing everything in his power to make our wedding as seamless as possible and that he did. During our reception we had numerous guests compliment us on how great a DJ he was - you could barely find anyone at their seats the whole night, as everyone was dancing! He is extremely flexible, professional and caring -- we highly highly, HIGHLY recommend music man!!

Reviewed on 9/14/2015 Katie K

Mike is a phenomenal DJ. He kept our guests dancing all night and everyone absolutely loved him. We were told throughout the night that we had the best wedding music they have ever heard. Our guests had such a good time that we cancelled our dollar dance because we didn't want... Read More it to effect the energy that he had going throughout the venue. I couldn't have asked for a better DJ. I wish I could give him more than 5 stars. Thank you for everything Mike!!!

Best DJ around

Reviewed on 9/02/2015

Mike was such a great DJ! He was so personable, easy to get along with, and kept the party going all night! Would recommend him to anyone!

Our wedding guests danced the night away thanks to Mike G!

Reviewed on 8/03/2015

We recently hosted a wedding reception for our daughter and her husband at Saratoga National Golf Club (which was awesome in itself) and were fortunate enough to engage Mike G/Music Man Entertainment to DJ the wedding. Mike's energy, skill and ability to incorporate the full... Read More range of music ALL of the guests wanted to hear was fantastic. Our guests literally danced ALL NIGHT as the music was so great and due to Mike's ability to transition from one song to another seamlessly and to keep the enthusiasm UP. Fantastic value for the money. He was well prepared, on-time and highly professional. I would recommend Mike to anyone.

Book Mike Garrasi NOW!

Reviewed on 7/30/2015 Jen L

Mike Garrasi (Music Man Entertainment) did an INCREDIBLE job at our wedding a couple of weeks ago!! We booked him nearly two years ago because everyone said he was the BEST and they were RIGHT!!! He made everything SO easy for us (especially since I moved 10 hours away partway... Read More through planning my wedding) and he was a BLAST to work with. After giving Mike just a few suggestions for songs during the reception he came up with a great playlist that captured our taste perfectly and kept the guests on the dance floor all night. Many of our guests said our wedding was the best they had ever been to and I strongly believe that Mike had a lot to do with that! He is DJ'ing my sisters wedding next October and I can't wait!

Best DJ Ever!!

Reviewed on 7/26/2015 Kristina G

Mike was an absolute pleasure to work with in all aspects of our wedding. Mike was extremely easy to talk and down to earth. It was like we had known him for years. Mike took ample amount of time to go over every detail of our wedding and extremely accommodating to all of our... Read More requests. Simply put, Mike was fantastic. We could not have dreamt of a better DJ to host our wedding. From our introductions to our last song, Mike had EVERYONE up and on the dance floor. Our guests repeatedly said to us that they loved all of the songs and they had never been to a wedding that was more fun or filled with energy. One of the best things about Mike was that he knew this was our special day, and he wanted the focus to be on us. At other weddings we have attended, the DJ's tend to take some of the spotlight; either with constant commentary or the distribution of props. However, Mike let the music essentially do the talking and the pulse inside of the room was fantastic. He also "checked in" with us to make sure everything was going well and was going exactly the way we wanted. Hiring Mike was one of the best decisions we made, making our day even more special. We really could not have asked for anything more from a DJ.

Mike is absolutely amazing!

Reviewed on 7/23/2015 Kimberly L

I knew Mike was going to hit it out of the park for our wedding from the first phone call I had with him. I explained our vision and the atmosphere we wanted to create and he completely got it...and nailed it. He literally had our dance floor packed and rocking for over an hour... Read More and a half before giving our guests a break with a slow song - it was a true party thanks to his expert skills. Mike is a superb DJ and a true professional. He always responded in a timely manner and even called to touch base over the phone instead of email. He is extremely thorough and ensured everything was exactly the way we wanted it and when we wanted it. I couldn't have asked for a better DJ for our wedding.

Excellent Entertainment Services!

Reviewed on 7/22/2015 Erika G

For us, one of the most important aspects of our wedding was the entertainment. We are so fortunate that Mike Garrasi and Music Man Entertainment were recommended to us from several people. He was everything that we had hoped for in a DJ and more. From our initial conversations... Read More with him over a year away from our wedding to our final meeting in the week before the wedding, Mike provided impeccable service. First, the planning aspects of Mike's service were fantastic. He met with us in person so that he was able to fully understand the vision that we had for our day. He asked so many questions so that he was able to make sure that we were all on the same page. We left the meeting feeling confident that our day would be perfect and that Mike would play an integral role in the carryout of the reception. All this being said, the day of our wedding could not have gone more perfectly. Everything from the cocktail hour music, to the introductions, to the first dance, and dinner music were perfectly chosen and timed. Then, after dinner, the real party started. Mike kept the dance floor packed from the minute dinner was through up until the last song that was played. All night and in the days following our wedding people were saying, "I have never seen so many people on a dance floor for so long!" or "Your wedding had the best DJ!", or "The music at you wedding was so great that I didn't leave the dance floor." If you are looking for a DJ that will put time, effort, professionalism, and care into your wedding and keep the dance floor packed all night long, then Mike Garrasi of Music Man Entertainment is the DJ for you! We would wholeheartedly recommend him over and over again to anyone looking to have an insanely and impossibly fun event!!!

Reviewed on 7/21/2015 Mandy R

Mike "The Music Man" is awesome. The entire process was a breeze and he was easily accessible throughout the planning process . Mike was so easy to work with, absolute pleasure, super nice, just a really great guy! And he is the BEST DJ!! He provided the music for our ceremony,... Read More cocktail hour and reception and it was all perfect. Just what we wanted. He fulfilled all of our expectations and requests. Throughout our reception he kept the guest entertained, had a really great playlist for all ages to enjoy and created a fun party...exactly what we wanted! He also knew the right time to take it down for a moment with a slow song to give everyone a chance to catch their breath and was able to allow my vocally talented husband to sing!! We have been married now for 4 weeks and our guests are still talking about how awesome Mike was and how much fun they had at our wedding. Book Mike for your wedding or party, you will be happy you did!!

Reviewed on 6/27/2015 Chelsea F

I have nothing but amazing things to say about Mike Garrasi! When you work with Mike you get so much more than a DJ. Mike was instrumental in helping us plan the flow of events for the day and created the perfect atmosphere for our guests with his expertise in both music and... Read More lighting. He also collaborated with our videographers and photographers all throughout the night to make sure they wouldn't miss a second of the action, such as the first dance, cake cutting, and personal speeches by family and friends. What's even more impressive is that he managed all of this while catering to my personal (and very finicky) tastes. As a trained musician, I am very picky about my music selections, but Mike managed to meet and even exceed my expectations. I think the reason why Mike is so successful in the wedding industry is because he makes an effort to get to know his clients, both individually and as a couple. Mike turned all of our musical tastes and personality quirks into the perfect playlist for our wedding! He even played my husband's favorite song- without us ever telling him what it was!! Mike did an exceptional job and we have received many compliments since the wedding. We are so grateful to have had such a high caliber of professional working to make our wedding perfect. Thank you, Mike Garrasi!!!

Number one dj

Reviewed on 6/22/2015

Music Man Entertainment is the only dj I will ever use!!

Reviewed on 6/20/2015 Allison M

11/10 would Garassi again! Mike responded immediately and with excitement to our request for his DJ services. His professionalism is only matched by his love for what he does and his exceptional work. Mike was available to us night and day when we had questions or needed extra... Read More help. Everyone at the wedding was on the dance floor before it "opened" for dancing and he kept the party going all night! Mike offers more than music and lighting services, he offers an unforgettable event. Everyone wished we had more time to dance! Thanks again Mike, we'll be in touch for future events!

May 30th - Alli and James - Mike was AMAZING!

Reviewed on 5/31/2015 Alli C

When we got engaged in December of 2013 we booked mike 2 weeks later for our wedding 18 months out. We heard nothing but good things and great reviews. Mike did not disappoint. He ran the entire reception perfectly and made sure that my husband and I were ready and knew exactly... Read More when things were going to happen. I had a lot of special dances and he fit them all in amazingly. Also we had a wide range of songs and he had the dance floor packed he entire night. Mike had 3.5 hours to kill with dancing at the wedding and he was perfect. If you are looking for the perfect day and with no worries - Mike is your guy!!

Mike was great!

Reviewed on 5/27/2015 Valorie H

Mike was a DJ for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. He did a great job paying attention to our specific requests and also playing an array of music that catered to my grooms taste and mine which are somewhat different. He also did a good job of getting various age... Read More groups out of their seats and dancing. He would check in to see if everything was alright throughout the reception which was nice too. Although he's a bit more expensive than other DJ's, you get what you pay for. I'm a firm believer in that. Mike thought to mic up our officiant during our outdoor ceremony; something nobody else mentioned when I was screening vendors. He also brought standing mics and wireless mics for the readings and toasts. Everything went flawlessly and I'd recommend Mike to any friend or family member in the market for a DJ. Thanks for making our day special Mike!