Musical DJs - DJs / Live Music

Serving DC/MD/VA

Experienced DJ and lighting from seasoned pros.

Elegant, tasteful, multi-talented, and experienced. The DJs and musicians at Musical DJs have been successfully providing musical support for weddings and private events in the DC/MD/VA area since 1992. We specialize in DJ/MC, live music, and decorative and special FX lighting for private events.

Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Haymarket, DC Serving DC/MD/VA (703) 598-4433

Dan the Man!

Reviewed on 10/22/2011 Christene B

Dan Lamaestra was a great DJ and a pleasure to work with! He was very professional and went above and beyond as our DJ. The planning tools and other resources available on his website were very helpful in the planning process. We also worked through Dan for our wedding... Read More music. He was able to coordinate a violin and cello player for our ceremony and they did a beautiful job. I worked with MaryAnn (the cello player) to coordinate the wedding music and she offered us great advice to enhance the ceremony overall. The violin and cello duo were the perfect balance of sound for our location. Regarding the reception, Dan did an excellent job as the Master of Ceremonies and acted as our wedding coordinator to ensure everything flowed nicely. I really liked his DJ style, he isn't one of those cheesy DJs that drive guests crazy. He was very pleasant and had a great personality. We had one small snag with starting late but overall I would highly recommend Dan's services.

2011-10-23T15:18:40 Response from the vendor

This was a really fun wedding, and an especially fun and vivacious group, I had a great time. Our musicians are among the best in the region, I'm very happy they worked out so well! As a general rule, we allow between 1.5 and two... Read Less Read More

DJ

Reviewed on 11/02/2011 Erika R

Freddie was the DJ for our wedding, He has a great personality and very accommodating. We met Freddie few days before the wedding and we were so happy we have chosen Musical DJ, he will def make sure you are happy with the choice of music. My husband is from Azerbaijan & I'm... Read More from Peru he did and excellent job with the music combination. He kept the dance floor full all night!

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Meg K

We used Musical DJs for our live musicians at the ceremony, sounds services, DJ services, and uplighting. They were FANTASTIC! Dan is very professional to work with, and reasonably priced, especially for the level of service he provides. We had two phone calls during the... Read More planning process, and they have a website where I was able to log in and put in ceremony information, select must play songs, and provide the bridal party information. It was convenient and put my mind at ease for the day of the wedding. The live musicians were wonderful – Dan even scored a specific song at my request. Dan was also our DJ that evening and I could not have been happier – the dance floor was always packed, and I liked every song that he played. And the uplighting – if you’re on the fence about getting it, do it! We had uplights that changed colors throughout the evening, and it made the ballroom look so much nicer than had they not been there. I was a little worried about the changing colors at first, but it worked so well! Dan also served as Emcee – he paced the events well, and kept everyone informed. I was worried about the reception because we didn’t have wedding planner, but Dan filled this role easily, and well. I can’t say enough about Musical DJs…they did a great job, and we received so many compliments about them from our guests. I will also say that getting live musicians, a DJ, and uplighting from one vendor was a big bonus!

Reviewed on 7/05/2017

Freddie from Musical DJs is absolutely phenomenal. His prep was easy: A phone call to discuss what we were looking for and any special requests (We wanted to do the Chicken Dance and have grandma and her 6 year old grandson lead it. For setup, Freddie rolled in and got... Read More everything in and set, smoothly and professionally. During the reception he was both DJ and MC. As MC he kept the pace of the event right on time (and hit every cue, including the Chicken Dance, right on the money!). As DJ he kept the dance floor full the ENTIRE night... right until the end! I could go on and on, but in summary: Musical DJs did us right, and Freddie really helped to make our special (Wedding) night! I would not hesitate one moment of booking Freddie for any future event.

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Julia C

Dj Freddie B with musical djs was our dj for our wedding on May 20. We met with Freddie about a month before our wedding to go over the reception timeline and to talk about songs for different parts of the reception (cake cutting, entrance songs, bouquet toss etc). Freddie was... Read More extremely personable and full of ideas and energy. On our wedding, Freddie helped to make sure everything went smoothly and he helped keep everything on schedule. He kept everyone on the dance floor all night and was so much fun to work with. He brought so much excitement and energy to the reception!! He was truly the best Dj we could have hoped for!! We would absolutely recommend Freddie to anyone looking for the perfect wedding Dj!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Zorana B

Wow!!! We can not say enough great things about musical DJs! We first encountered Dan at my best friends wedding and boy did he hit it out of the park !!! We had no chose to have musical DJs at our own wedding ! Dan was not available but We were more than happy and excited... Read More to work with Freddie !! From our first conversation he was professional and fun to talk to . He showed excitement for being our DJ and apart of our special day and knew exactly what we wanted for our wedding! On the day of the wedding he showed up early to set up and was even more friendlier in person ! He literally helped keep our wedding on schedule band made sure everyone was on the dance floor including himself showing us dance moves ! For a portion of our wedding we had traditional Lao songs and created a playlist for him and his transition between from our traditional Lao songs to regular dance music was perfect !! Everything he did was perfect and we highly recommend him ! Our guests are still raving about how much fun they had at our wedding and all the great music and dancing they did ! If your looking for a fun DJ i would def not hesitate to hire musical DJs you can't go wrong with them !

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Brian W

We had DJ Jeremy for our wedding on May 28th and couldn't have been happier. Jeremy didn't an excellent job of keeping everything on time and organized. His music selection was excellent throughout the entire night, making sure everyone had a great time. What really stood out to... Read More me was that he would check in on us throughout the night to make sure everything was going as planned and seeing if anything needed to be changed. Would highly suggest for your wedding!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Sara H

We can't thank Jeremy enough for the awesome energy and experience he brought to our wedding. The dance floor was incredible, I've never seen better. All details such as the order and timing of events/first dance/etc were nailed down perfectly. Dan and Jeremy made us feel... Read More extremely comfortable throughout the process as their years of experience allow them to think of things that we hadn't and provide ideas and solutions. We felt like we were in great hands before the wedding and the execution was flawless. Thank you so much Jeremy!

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Tom P

DJ Jeremy was terrific at our wedding in May 2017. He made sure to check in with us weeks before the wedding to get our ideas on how we wanted the party to go, and he did a great job providing suggestions to how he could make our vision happen (which songs fit in, the proper... Read More way the music should transition between styles, etc.). It meant that during our last few weeks before the wedding, we didn't spend any time worrying about the music. And he killed it at the wedding. We asked him to keep the party going, and he really did -- each song skillfully transitioned to the next, and song after song made the guests erupt in cheers and excitement. We danced our faces off for hours, and we've heard from lots of people since that our DJ was great. Thanks Jeremy!

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Kristina J

We really couldn't be happier with Dan Lamaestra and our DJ, Jeremy. We booked with the owner Dan who was extremely knowledgeable and gave us a lot of great ideas and then Jeremy was selected as our DJ and he was very hands on and wanted to help! He was very on the ball and even... Read More helped us come up with our wedding timeline. Thank you for making our big day so special!

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Patrick J

Very professional and easy to work with. We were on a very tight timeline for our wedding and Freddie was able to have everything organized and ready to go for the big day without any issues. He had a wide variety of music that was played throughout the evening that kept... Read More everyone on the dance floor and enjoying the evening. He was great at introducing our families as well as all those who made our day so special. He made the night very special for my wife and I and we would not have asked for anything else. I would highly recommend Musical DJ's and event lighting, they are very professional, detail oriented and willing to go the extra to make sure your evening is one that you will never forget.

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Will S

DJ Jeremy did an amazing job at our wedding. We didn't give him much guidance as we got swept away in other details of planning, but the night couldn't have been better. The wedding was month ago and we are still getting calls from friends saying it was their favorite wedding... Read More in years. DJ Jeremy played the heat!

Reviewed on 5/21/2017 Daisy B

Hiring DJ Freddie B for our wedding was the best decision we could've made! He went above and beyond our expectations. He met with us several times to ensure that our wedding day would be perfect. We had a true connection with him from the very beginning, he is friendly and most... Read More of all professional. We hired him for our bilingual wedding and he was the perfect fit. With his enthusiasm and charisma he created a perfect balance that made sure that both cultures felt welcome and comfortable the entire reception. DJ Freddie B ensures that your perfect day is stress free and most of all fun! He interacted with us and our guests in a way that I've never seen before. There was not a single person that seemed bored or felt out a place and that mainly was thanks to Freddie. I would hire him all over again, and hope for the opportunity to work with him again in the future!

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Christine W

We got DJ Jeremy Scalph for our wedding. From the very first meeting, he was very responsive, professional, and flexible to work with. Everything was well organized and prepared prior to the reception. Once we showed up at the reception, everything was already set up and Jeremy... Read More was ready to start with the introductions. It was an amazing wedding and we were very pleased to work with Jeremy.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Megan A

We are beyond happy we decided to use Freddie B for our DJ and MC at our wedding! He was absolutely FANTASTIC and is the best DJ and MC we have ever seen at any event!! He went above and beyond our expectations and really engaged with our family and friends to keep everyone out... Read More on the dance floor and having a great time. Our family and friends couldn't stop talking about how wonderful and awesome the DJ was! I can't say enough good things about Freddie he was simply amazing and easy to work with! We met with him prior to our wedding and went over the timeline and music selections and he helped us nail down a timeline that worked best for us and helped us the day of the wedding to make sure everything ran smoothly. He was everything and more than we expected in a DJ and we would definitely recommend and use him for any other events! If you want a DJ that is interactive, fun, energetic and keeps the partying going on the dance floor all night long than Freddie is your guy!! You will not be disappointed at all with the service Freddie B delivers!! = ) We also used the up-lighting package from Musical DJs which added a great touch to our venue and really gave the venue the extra sparkle!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Mark D

We were lucky enough to be able to book Freddie. He was extremely flexible and worked with us in every aspect (we had several things) and he made it easy. After working hard to set-up for our ceremony with music and microphones in one location he had to move his set-up to the... Read More other side of our location for the reception. He still was electric and really brought a lot of energy for our reception. He made it enjoyable for our guests and even gave my wife the thrill of dj-ing for a song. If you get the chance you should book him ASAP.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Jessamyn P

The wedding was absolutely amazing!! My experience with your company has been extraordinary, professional and most importantly executed. The music was amazing and Jeremy did a fantastic job. I would highly recommend using these guys for your big day or any other occasion.... Read More Thank you for making our wedding unforgettable. !!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Meghan R

Fantastic! We had DJ Jeremy Scalph for our wedding and he was fantastic. This company is very professional, takes their job seriously, and understands the importance of your big day. My wife and I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Lindsay H

DJ Freddie B was so wonderful! He played every song I requested and had everyone on the dance floor at ALL times ALL NIGHT. He was happy to meet with me or speak to me on the phone whenever I needed him! Our guests can't stop talking about how wonderful he was!!!! Thank you for... Read More making our night so unforgettable, Freddie!!!

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Jennifer H

DJ Freddie was AMAZING! He was very patient with all the changes I requested right up to the day before. Freddie is super friendly and helpful. He kept the dance floor hopping. You could not go wrong hiring DJ Freddie. Both my Husband and I highly recommend him.

Reviewed on 7/24/2016

DJ Freddie B was truly the best decision for our wedding! From our first meeting, he was enthusiastic and very outgoing. My husband and I really had no idea what we wanted as far as music or timelines, but Freddie really counseled us and gave us some great options for music... Read More selections, timing, etc. His positive energy is contagious and it showed on our wedding night. We were concerned that he’d face a tough crowd that didn’t really dance, but Freddie B got the party going, despite our fears! Our guests really loved him! Our Spanish speaking guests definitely appreciated his Latin flavor and announcements in Spanish! Freddie B checked in with us leading up to the wedding and throughout the actual wedding day. He coordinated with all our vendors (Venue, Photographer, and Videographer), which helped us to really enjoy the wedding. We really appreciate how much attention he provided us and our guests. He truly is a great DJ and person. We were lucky to have worked with him! Freddie B was - hands down - the reason we had so much fun at our wedding! We highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 6/05/2016 Mark B

This is the email I wrote to Dan LaMaestra after our wedding: I wanted to let you know from the bottom of my heart, thank you very much for recommending Freddie to be our DJ. He was absolutely fantastic! He really took care of us during the ceremony, and even before went... Read More above and beyond to make sure our reception was the best we could hope for. It turned out to be even better than that! The music was perfect, the lighting was AMAZING, and the energy he brought was spot on. I knew from walking in seeing you and Freddie doing the sound check and light sync that we were going to have one of THOSE receptions, the ones people talk about for a long long time. Everyone we spoke to at the wedding had an absolute blast, (including several comments about how it was the best wedding and reception they'd ever been to!) and I cannot thank you and Freddie enough for all you did. Without hesitation we will recommend Freddie and your company to anyone that asks. THANK YOU!!!!!

Reviewed on 5/25/2016 Lauri W

DJ Freddie B made our wedding spectacular! He helped us plan everything from start to finish, recommended songs (which we needed help with), and executed everything flawlessly! Freddie was so much fun and entertaining. He danced with our guests and everyone had a great time.... Read More After the reception, while all my other vendors were packing up, he was thanking guests for being there! That's not something you get with every DJ! I'm still getting comments from our guests about how amazing our DJ was. So, if you want a fun, enthusiastic, outgoing, knowledgeable, professional, personable DJ - Freddie is your guy!!

Reviewed on 5/16/2016 Maureen T

I used Musical DJ's for my wedding and I loved them! We had DJ Freddie B and he was great! At our initial meeting with Freddie he went over the timeline with us and helped us structure the whole night out with a detailed timeline. We weren't real specific about the music other... Read More than the entrance, first dance songs, etc. and he did a great job of feeling the crowd and playing songs that got people up and dancing. He's also such a sweet guy! He DJ'ed my friends wedding and that's how I found him. She also had an awesome experience with Freddie and recommended him and the company to me. I highly recommend Musical DJ's and Freddie B!

Reviewed on 1/20/2016

DJ Freddie B Is the BEST! I wish we could give him 10 stars. He DJed our recent wedding and really helped make it a personalized, fun affair. For one, he really knows music well and helped us pick out songs when we couldn't quite figure out what we wanted. Second, he was more... Read More than willing to meet with us before the wedding ( and DID meet with us) so that we could be at ease and walk through the wedding timeline and instructions. Third, during our reception, he got out on the dance floor and was dancing with the guests and teaching them the line dances. They loved it. Fourth, he has a great, warm personality and really wanted to make our wedding the best. He did a great job!