Musical DJs - DJs / Live Music

Serving DC/MD/VA

Experienced DJ and lighting from seasoned pros.

Elegant, tasteful, multi-talented, and experienced. The DJs and musicians at Musical DJs have been successfully providing musical support for weddings and private events in the DC/MD/VA area since 1992. We specialize in DJ/MC, live music, and decorative and special FX lighting for private events.

Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100
D692bc15 0755 426d 96a9 fb6ea89c4786~rs 100

Haymarket, DC Serving DC/MD/VA (703) 598-4433

Dan the Man!

Reviewed on 10/22/2011 Christene B

Dan Lamaestra was a great DJ and a pleasure to work with! He was very professional and went above and beyond as our DJ. The planning tools and other resources available on his website were very helpful in the planning process. We also worked through Dan for our wedding... Read More music. He was able to coordinate a violin and cello player for our ceremony and they did a beautiful job. I worked with MaryAnn (the cello player) to coordinate the wedding music and she offered us great advice to enhance the ceremony overall. The violin and cello duo were the perfect balance of sound for our location. Regarding the reception, Dan did an excellent job as the Master of Ceremonies and acted as our wedding coordinator to ensure everything flowed nicely. I really liked his DJ style, he isn't one of those cheesy DJs that drive guests crazy. He was very pleasant and had a great personality. We had one small snag with starting late but overall I would highly recommend Dan's services.

2011-10-23T15:18:40 Response from the vendor

This was a really fun wedding, and an especially fun and vivacious group, I had a great time. Our musicians are among the best in the region, I'm very happy they worked out so well! As a general rule, we allow between 1.5 and two... Read Less Read More

DJ

Reviewed on 11/02/2011 Erika R

Freddie was the DJ for our wedding, He has a great personality and very accommodating. We met Freddie few days before the wedding and we were so happy we have chosen Musical DJ, he will def make sure you are happy with the choice of music. My husband is from Azerbaijan & I'm... Read More from Peru he did and excellent job with the music combination. He kept the dance floor full all night!

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Jessy R

DJ Freddie B. is incredible! If we could give 10 stars we would! His energy and attitude are top notch. He was the epitome of professionalism. Most importantly, he looked out for us on our big day. He worked so hard both before and on our wedding day to make sure everything was... Read More perfect. And it was. I would recommend this man to anyone for any event they might throw. He was simply the best.

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Michael L

I got married to my best friend in September 2017 and we hired DJ Freddie B as our wedding DJ. Both my wife and I feel that the DJ for a wedding really sets the tone and can easily “make or break” the wedding experience. Well, DJ Freddie B definitely delivered exceptional... Read More service and exceeded our expectations for our wedding. From day one, we saw how engaged and passionate Freddie was about his job and it was amazing to have such passion on our wedding team. Freddie helped us greatly with our wedding timeline and made sure we accounted for everything. I can honestly say that, without the help and guidance from Freddie, we wouldn't have been as well prepared for our big day. We both feel that the wedding would have not been as fun and joyous as it was without DJ Freddie B’s services and commitment to making sure we had the best experience! We are forever grateful to Freddie for providing such excellent service for our big day and making it a night to remember. Would we hire him again or recommend him? Absolutely, without hesitation!!! If you are looking for a DJ who is passionate about his art and delivers exceptional service, Freddie is your guy!

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Lauren W

Working with these guys was so amazing! Dan is so responsive even when we were constantly changing our minds! And we had DJ Jeremy James for the day of and he was amazing, our families and guests both loved him and he made the day go by so easy! Hire these guys! You won't be... Read More disappointed

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Kara M

Freddie Borras is absolutely amazing!! He came highly recommended from a friend that recently got married and my husband and I couldn't be happier with our decision to hire Freddie as our DJ!! He has such a fun and outgoing personality and you can really tell he LOVES what he... Read More does!! From the first time we met him, we knew he was going to be awesome and we knew we had nothing to worry about on our wedding day!! Everything went so perfectly from the ceremony, to cocktail hour, to our reception!! He even had awesome suggestions for ceremony music that I would have never even known if it wasn't for him! During our reception, he nailed it! Everyone had a blast and everyone was out on the dance floor the entire night! He really knows how to read a crowd!!!! I even loved that he would run out on the dance floor and dance with us too! That shows how much fun he is!! The entire reception flowed smoothly and I didn't have to worry about a thing!! I would 1000% recommend him to anyone and everyone that is looking for a DJ!! You will not regret it, I promise!!!

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Kathy H

Without DJ Freddie Borres Jr Our party wouldn't turn out that perfect without the touch of his talent. We both are so pleased with his work. Our guests had a blast and if anyone ever need a DJ, I wouldnt think twice to send DJ Freddie your way. He went above and beyond to make... Read More sure things ran smooth as well as keeping lots of uests on the dance floor! Thank you again and keep up the great work. Kathy and Steven. Wedding 9-02-17

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Bridget P

The entire process from the initial meet to the end of the wedding night went smoothly and great because of Musical DJs! We highly recommend them for any event! Freddie was our DJ during the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. He was absolutely amazing to work with and the... Read More guests loved him. We were worried with the wide range of ages and personalities, but everyone was on the dance for at some point of the night. He made the wedding day so much better and move along smoothly. No need to hire a day-of-coordinator if you have Freddie! Thank you!!

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Karen V

I can’t say enough about Freddie Borras. We hired him because he was well recommended by a friend and everyone else on the wedding websites apparently. From the beginning, he made me feel more at ease because he was super positive, supportive and sooo excited about our wedding.... Read More He is professional, energetic, and really helpful with planning out the timeline of the reception and brought up logistical wedding things that I didn’t think about. He was an amazing DJ and a really hyped and pumped up MC. With that alone, I would recommend hiring him. What stood out for me though was his warm personality. Sure we paid him to be our DJ/MC but it felt like he was also part of the family celebrating with us. My aunts and moms loved dancing with him and told me what a nice guy he was. During our Hora Loca another DJ hopped on and Freddie didn’t just stand around. He helped pass out the party items and showed people how to do the line dances. This guy does not stop moving. We were told several times what a great DJ we had and were asked if he was a friend of ours before the wedding. Freddie won’t just DJ/MC your wedding; he will be an essential component to a successful and fun night. Thanks Freddie!

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Esther C

I'm pretty much a train wreck of a bride, I put together the entire wedding in less than two months. I contacted DJ Freddie B on referral only 2 weeks out! He was AMAZING and by far the reason everything came together so perfectly in the end. He met with us to get to know us and... Read More our vision. He was flexible to my many last minute changes and was able to put me at ease and offer advice based upon his extensive experience. He was responsive and understanding, even when I was texting him late the night before the wedding. He read my guest well and interacted with them to make the night fun for everyone. DJ Freddie B also had the most reasonable price. I can't thank him enough for how much help he was and couldn't have pulled this off without him. He helped make my day perfect as far as coordinating details and making it the most memorable night celebrating with all my favorite people.

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Kristina V

DJ Jeremy was amazing for our wedding reception in August. He was very professional and added that extra touch and had everyone out on the dance floor - it was like he was a part of our entire group rather than just a hired professional. He was able to accommodate our delayed... Read More timeline and even reminded us we needed to cut the cake (we were having so much fun we forgot! Lol) Communication was very well streamlined before which eased a lot of pre-wedding stress. We couldn't be more happy we chose to go with Jeremy for our special day. I highly recommend his services for any of your needs! Thanks DJ Jeremy!

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Irene A

From Musical DJ's, Jeremy was recommended to me by a friend who had Jeremy at her wedding, and I learned he is also DJ-ing another wedding in her family. To be honest it was a bit difficult to get a hold of Jeremy at first because I think we had initially contacted him during a... Read More popular vacation time, but once we established contact he was easy to correspond with throughout the process. Musical DJ's also had great packages that kept us in our budget. From our first meeting, I immediately felt like I could trust him and he completely exceeded our expectations! I had certain songs and events in my timeline that I felt were unique to my wedding, and Jeremy accommodated and MC'd all of it seamlessly. He was an amazing MC, was super energetic and professional (not pushy like some DJs), and my family almost never left the dance floor! I hope we can work with Jeremy again in the future!

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Meg K

We used Musical DJs for our live musicians at the ceremony, sounds services, DJ services, and uplighting. They were FANTASTIC! Dan is very professional to work with, and reasonably priced, especially for the level of service he provides. We had two phone calls during the... Read More planning process, and they have a website where I was able to log in and put in ceremony information, select must play songs, and provide the bridal party information. It was convenient and put my mind at ease for the day of the wedding. The live musicians were wonderful – Dan even scored a specific song at my request. Dan was also our DJ that evening and I could not have been happier – the dance floor was always packed, and I liked every song that he played. And the uplighting – if you’re on the fence about getting it, do it! We had uplights that changed colors throughout the evening, and it made the ballroom look so much nicer than had they not been there. I was a little worried about the changing colors at first, but it worked so well! Dan also served as Emcee – he paced the events well, and kept everyone informed. I was worried about the reception because we didn’t have wedding planner, but Dan filled this role easily, and well. I can’t say enough about Musical DJs…they did a great job, and we received so many compliments about them from our guests. I will also say that getting live musicians, a DJ, and uplighting from one vendor was a big bonus!

Reviewed on 7/05/2017

Freddie from Musical DJs is absolutely phenomenal. His prep was easy: A phone call to discuss what we were looking for and any special requests (We wanted to do the Chicken Dance and have grandma and her 6 year old grandson lead it. For setup, Freddie rolled in and got... Read More everything in and set, smoothly and professionally. During the reception he was both DJ and MC. As MC he kept the pace of the event right on time (and hit every cue, including the Chicken Dance, right on the money!). As DJ he kept the dance floor full the ENTIRE night... right until the end! I could go on and on, but in summary: Musical DJs did us right, and Freddie really helped to make our special (Wedding) night! I would not hesitate one moment of booking Freddie for any future event.

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Julia C

Dj Freddie B with musical djs was our dj for our wedding on May 20. We met with Freddie about a month before our wedding to go over the reception timeline and to talk about songs for different parts of the reception (cake cutting, entrance songs, bouquet toss etc). Freddie was... Read More extremely personable and full of ideas and energy. On our wedding, Freddie helped to make sure everything went smoothly and he helped keep everything on schedule. He kept everyone on the dance floor all night and was so much fun to work with. He brought so much excitement and energy to the reception!! He was truly the best Dj we could have hoped for!! We would absolutely recommend Freddie to anyone looking for the perfect wedding Dj!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Zorana B

Wow!!! We can not say enough great things about musical DJs! We first encountered Dan at my best friends wedding and boy did he hit it out of the park !!! We had no chose to have musical DJs at our own wedding ! Dan was not available but We were more than happy and excited... Read More to work with Freddie !! From our first conversation he was professional and fun to talk to . He showed excitement for being our DJ and apart of our special day and knew exactly what we wanted for our wedding! On the day of the wedding he showed up early to set up and was even more friendlier in person ! He literally helped keep our wedding on schedule band made sure everyone was on the dance floor including himself showing us dance moves ! For a portion of our wedding we had traditional Lao songs and created a playlist for him and his transition between from our traditional Lao songs to regular dance music was perfect !! Everything he did was perfect and we highly recommend him ! Our guests are still raving about how much fun they had at our wedding and all the great music and dancing they did ! If your looking for a fun DJ i would def not hesitate to hire musical DJs you can't go wrong with them !

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Brian W

We had DJ Jeremy for our wedding on May 28th and couldn't have been happier. Jeremy didn't an excellent job of keeping everything on time and organized. His music selection was excellent throughout the entire night, making sure everyone had a great time. What really stood out to... Read More me was that he would check in on us throughout the night to make sure everything was going as planned and seeing if anything needed to be changed. Would highly suggest for your wedding!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Sara H

We can't thank Jeremy enough for the awesome energy and experience he brought to our wedding. The dance floor was incredible, I've never seen better. All details such as the order and timing of events/first dance/etc were nailed down perfectly. Dan and Jeremy made us feel... Read More extremely comfortable throughout the process as their years of experience allow them to think of things that we hadn't and provide ideas and solutions. We felt like we were in great hands before the wedding and the execution was flawless. Thank you so much Jeremy!

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Tom P

DJ Jeremy was terrific at our wedding in May 2017. He made sure to check in with us weeks before the wedding to get our ideas on how we wanted the party to go, and he did a great job providing suggestions to how he could make our vision happen (which songs fit in, the proper... Read More way the music should transition between styles, etc.). It meant that during our last few weeks before the wedding, we didn't spend any time worrying about the music. And he killed it at the wedding. We asked him to keep the party going, and he really did -- each song skillfully transitioned to the next, and song after song made the guests erupt in cheers and excitement. We danced our faces off for hours, and we've heard from lots of people since that our DJ was great. Thanks Jeremy!

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Kristina J

We really couldn't be happier with Dan Lamaestra and our DJ, Jeremy. We booked with the owner Dan who was extremely knowledgeable and gave us a lot of great ideas and then Jeremy was selected as our DJ and he was very hands on and wanted to help! He was very on the ball and even... Read More helped us come up with our wedding timeline. Thank you for making our big day so special!

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Patrick J

Very professional and easy to work with. We were on a very tight timeline for our wedding and Freddie was able to have everything organized and ready to go for the big day without any issues. He had a wide variety of music that was played throughout the evening that kept... Read More everyone on the dance floor and enjoying the evening. He was great at introducing our families as well as all those who made our day so special. He made the night very special for my wife and I and we would not have asked for anything else. I would highly recommend Musical DJ's and event lighting, they are very professional, detail oriented and willing to go the extra to make sure your evening is one that you will never forget.

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Will S

DJ Jeremy did an amazing job at our wedding. We didn't give him much guidance as we got swept away in other details of planning, but the night couldn't have been better. The wedding was month ago and we are still getting calls from friends saying it was their favorite wedding... Read More in years. DJ Jeremy played the heat!

Reviewed on 5/21/2017 Daisy B

Hiring DJ Freddie B for our wedding was the best decision we could've made! He went above and beyond our expectations. He met with us several times to ensure that our wedding day would be perfect. We had a true connection with him from the very beginning, he is friendly and most... Read More of all professional. We hired him for our bilingual wedding and he was the perfect fit. With his enthusiasm and charisma he created a perfect balance that made sure that both cultures felt welcome and comfortable the entire reception. DJ Freddie B ensures that your perfect day is stress free and most of all fun! He interacted with us and our guests in a way that I've never seen before. There was not a single person that seemed bored or felt out a place and that mainly was thanks to Freddie. I would hire him all over again, and hope for the opportunity to work with him again in the future!

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Christine W

We got DJ Jeremy Scalph for our wedding. From the very first meeting, he was very responsive, professional, and flexible to work with. Everything was well organized and prepared prior to the reception. Once we showed up at the reception, everything was already set up and Jeremy... Read More was ready to start with the introductions. It was an amazing wedding and we were very pleased to work with Jeremy.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Megan A

We are beyond happy we decided to use Freddie B for our DJ and MC at our wedding! He was absolutely FANTASTIC and is the best DJ and MC we have ever seen at any event!! He went above and beyond our expectations and really engaged with our family and friends to keep everyone out... Read More on the dance floor and having a great time. Our family and friends couldn't stop talking about how wonderful and awesome the DJ was! I can't say enough good things about Freddie he was simply amazing and easy to work with! We met with him prior to our wedding and went over the timeline and music selections and he helped us nail down a timeline that worked best for us and helped us the day of the wedding to make sure everything ran smoothly. He was everything and more than we expected in a DJ and we would definitely recommend and use him for any other events! If you want a DJ that is interactive, fun, energetic and keeps the partying going on the dance floor all night long than Freddie is your guy!! You will not be disappointed at all with the service Freddie B delivers!! = ) We also used the up-lighting package from Musical DJs which added a great touch to our venue and really gave the venue the extra sparkle!