Classical, Country, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Persian, World Music

Ceremony, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment

1036 Commerce St. Suite E , San Diego, CA (760) 207-2980

Reviewed on 12/18/2016 Emma K

We hired Deondre Essex with My DJ's for our October 2016 wedding and WOW! Deondre is AMAZING! It's almost impossible to put into words how fantastic he was. I knew I wanted to include Country Line Dancing at our wedding and I wasn't sure I'd be able to find a DJ that could... Read More incorporate that with the rest of the music at the wedding. The first time we met Deondre and discussed our music tastes he seemed to understand right away what we were going for and what we liked (and didn't like). He did a demo for us at the very first meeting and he picked all songs my then-fiance and I loved to dance to without us even telling him. We were impressed right away and knew we had to have him! The day of the wedding Deondre did all our music (ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception) and it all went absolutely perfect. He incorporated all the line dancing songs perfectly and even came out on the floor to teach a couple he knew for all the guests. He kept the dance floor packed until 11PM and I'm sure he could have kept the party going all night! I was so blown away with the care and attention he showed for our big day. He is an extremely talented DJ and just so nice and funny and just a joy to be around. I can't wait for some of my friends get married soon so I can tell them to choose Deondre!

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Alyssa C

We had Deondre Essex DJ at our wedding on 10/1/16. He did an amazing job as both MC and DJ, we are so happy we hired him. We receieved so many compliments on the music and most of our guests could not leave the dance floor. He pretty much did the job of a coordinator throughout... Read More the reception. He made sure the timeline flowed smoothly and everyone was aware of what would happen next. His voice is loud and clear and perfect for introductions and announcements. Deondre was everything we expected as a DJ and more.

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Kristen D

We booked DJ DeOndre "Dre Motion" Essex for our wedding and had such a blast. Very professional, personable, and accommodating. He played music from a very varied playlist my husband and I generated and made it flow throughout the wedding. He coordinated seamlessly with our... Read More wedding planner, was a effective MC and because DJ game was so on-point, people who don't dance. period. were out on the dance floor! Oh, we also rented from this company: up-lighting and an open-air photo booth operated by Tony Kings who was a riot. I definitely recommend this company.

Reviewed on 8/25/2016

We had the best experience with DJ Earl! He was so professional and on top of everything. Our guests loved the music and we just had the all around best experience. We will definitely be recommending to others!!

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Colleen S

Hands down the best DJ in town! We LOVED My DJ's and Deondre did a phenomenal job at our wedding :) He was professional, attentive to all the details, always checking in with us, played exactly what we wanted (and we had a ton of requests!), and was all around FUN! We also used... Read More the photo booth which was a fantastic idea!!

Reviewed on 8/12/2016 Nicole A

We hired DJ Earl "Swoll" Henry for our July 23rd wedding at Twin Oaks Golf Course. We spent a lot of time researching DJs in the San Diego area and were really impressed by all of the great reviews that My DJ's has received. We scheduled an appointment where we met DJ Earl, went... Read More over the feeling of our wedding, and were treated to an example of his work. We signed a contract on the spot. We loved how My DJ's runs their client website- you can enter in every single song you want played! Their website is so easy to use and really helped calm our nerves. DJ Earl and his team were really easy to get in contact with during our planning phase. They answered any question we had. DJ Earl showed up early and was set up well ahead of time! He played every song we requested and really got a feel for what music people were enjoying and played more of it. He was so involved in getting the crowd out onto the dance floor- we had a packed dance floor the entire night! And what I was even more appreciate of, was how well he kept our entire wedding on schedule. He was on time with every announcement and transition into different events. Dj Earl was amazing. I will recommend him to every friend, family member and acquaintance who needs a DJ.

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 Heather S

I had the pleasure of working with DJ Earl at Bali Hai and as a coordinator, it’s always a breath of fresh air to work with someone that is professional and nice! He was always one step ahead the entire wedding and definitely knows how to feel out a crowd to create a fun... Read More environment for everyone. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Liz E

DJ Earl was awesome! He was so professional and really helped us plan the flow of our event. He was also really affordable. Definitely the one of best parts of our wedding!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Megan N

We found out about My DJs from a referral that has had them host multiple Marine Core Balls, and she said if they can get hundreds of Marines on the dance floor they can do any job. Our first meeting with Earl was fantastic. Don't let the outside appearance of the building make... Read More your judgement. His office is very simple when you first walk in but then in the back he has an entire studio set up so you get the exact feel of what his services would look and feel like. My fiancé was sold when he asked for some of our favorite artist and he did a 3min music piece on the spot with the lights and everything. We also signed up for open air photo booth in our package. We were thankful that he had gone to our venue multiple times so he knew that it is on top of submarine base and that using bluetooth microphones were probably not going to work due to the signal being cut out. He was right and the day of our wedding when he went to test the signal and when he saw it was poor he switched to wired microphones so the sound would be clear and perfect. He worked very well with our wedding coordinators and we loved the fact that we chose all our songs online and could preview any song we wanted. We also loved the fact that if the version of the song was not on his list that we could copy & paste the link from youtube and he would get the type of song we wanted. He played every song we wanted and the dance floor was full at all times. We even had to make some last minute changes and he went right along with it. Anytime we emailed him his response time was quick. Thank you Earl for making our wedding perfect and full of energy. We highly recommend you to all our friends & family!

Reviewed on 6/02/2016 Karissa C

DJ Earl was fantastic! He knew exactly what we were looking for and helped deliver on the best day of our lives. He was professional and prompt. We had a full dance floor the whole night and it was so fun! The planning process was so easy with their straight-forward website... Read More and our final consultation the week of the wedding helped us feel relieved that everything was going according to plan.

Reviewed on 4/03/2016 Ben C

We booked through MyDJ after a suggestion from our wedding venue and it was honestly one of the best experiences of the entire process. The owner, Earl, ended up being our DJ and he was on top of the whole thing from the very beginning to the absolute end. From the initial... Read More meeting in which he quickly knew what kind of music we personally liked, to the incredibly easy website taking all of our special dance requests to his amazing wedding-day DJ set, he really did an awesome job. Several of my friends told me after the fact that they wish they'd had a DJ half as awesome as Earl was!

Reviewed on 12/10/2015 Valeria C

DJ Earl was incredible! We had many questions and concerns and DJ Earl was so calm and understanding of it all. He knew what we wanted before we could even put it into words. The portal we used to input songs was so easy and even when we messed up, he was able and willing to... Read More ease us through it and clean it up for us! Our bridal party LOVED DJ Earl because he was helpful with our introductions and getting them set up and the music kept people on the dance floor the entire night. DJ Earl was patient beyond belief with us and despite planning a wedding from 300 miles away for us, he made the night better than anything we could dream of! Do yourselves a favor and book DJ Earl for your event - you won't regret it!

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Kaitlin Y

Deondre Essex was absolutely amazing. He really took the time to understand what we wanted and as a result all of the music (ceremony & reception) was perfect! He was incredibly professional and we can't say enough great things about him and My DJ's. We planned our wedding from... Read More Northern CA and he was very flexible in regard to setting up meetings via Google hangouts since we could only meet in person once before the wedding. We got so many compliments on the music and overall experience (we rented a photo booth and lights from them- highly recommend, the lights totally transformed the venue and everyone loved the photo booth). He was so great to work with, we would recommend him to anyone getting married.

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Christina S

I would highly recommend DJ Earl for any southern California wedding! The database/worksheet that he gives you access to really makes sure that the music will be perfect for your wedding day. He really listened to what we had to say about what type of music to play during each... Read More part of the wedding also. He is so good at reading the crowd and will play more or less of a song depending on how the crowd reacts. He so seamlessly transitions between songs that it kept the dance floor packed all night.We had so many compliments about DJ Earl from our guests and we had so much fun working with him. Thank you so much DJ Earl for making our wedding perfect!

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 JILL W

We had DJ Michael. Put on a fantastic show! He was bilingual which was perfect for our guest. Completely professional and had people dancing all night.

Reviewed on 7/01/2015

DJ Eric was awesome!!!!!!!!! He played all the songs I requested, he played the songs that our family and friends requested. He helped me have a success with performing my surprise Wedding Hula Dance for my Husband!!! DJ Eric is the life of the party! He also comes out onto the... Read More dance floor to dance with guests and shows them the steps for one of those party dancing songs. Everyone just loved him. My husband and I also booked the enclosed Photo Booth and what can I say about that, but it was amazing to have it as our guest sign in book! The pictures that our friends and family left us are hilarious and sweet!!! We are so happy that we set up our guest book this way. Reminds us of all the phone that out friends and family have. And everyone keeps talking about it too. MY DJS is an awesome company to work with. Meeting them at the Bridal Fair in Del Mar was cool but working with them was just perfect and awesome!!! They are easy to get into contact with, through text messages, emails, phone calls, face time, it was so easy and having a personal account on their website was just so easy to use and make payments with as well. I will defiantly recommend them to any one that may need a DJ for their special occasion. Thanks DJ Eric!!!

amazing!

Reviewed on 6/22/2015

Earl was the absolute best! Hands down the best DJ ever! We hired My DJs for our wedding this past weekend. I cannot express how thankful I am to have found My DJs. Everyone loved Earl! Every song was a hit and had everyone on the dance floor! Couldnt have asked for a better Dj.... Read More Thank you Earl for making our wedding absolutely amazing!

DJ Josh, Absolutely Fantastic

Reviewed on 4/20/2015 Melissa O

DJ Josh!!! Are you kidding me?! He was fantastic. Great energy, great smile, very personable and really kept our party going! We just returned from our wedding in San Diego and I am so happy we chose MyDJs to be apart of our day. They are very professional, so easy to work with,... Read More and they will work with your budget. Josh has a great personality, It felt like we had a friend up there. Thank you for all your hard work and professionalism! Our party wouldn't have been the same without you...

My DJs

Reviewed on 12/08/2014 Sarah S

Deondre was awesome!

Halloween Wedding

Reviewed on 11/26/2014 Krystal A

I picked My DJ's from a set vendor list that Twin Oaks provides. We got DJ Earl who was on point the whole night. He got out on the dance floor and showed my guest how to do the "wobble". I also got a photo booth from him which was a hit at the wedding. They print out 2 copies... Read More one for you and the other for your guest. If you have drunk guest like I did who took both copies, no worries DJ Earl sends you all the digital copies. Absolutely love My DJ's, I will keep him in my address book for future events that I may have.

Halloween Wedding @ Twin Oaks

Reviewed on 11/26/2014 Krystal A

DJ DeOndre

Reviewed on 4/15/2014 Ana D

Our wedding was happening, DeOndre did a great job in keeping all the guests happy and entertained. I would hire him again in heartbeat

Hey Mr DJ

Reviewed on 8/02/2013 Julia B

My DJs were great to work with! I found them at a bridal bizarre & they were the only DJs that made me think they would actually keep the party going! The DJ we had was Josh - he was so great! He listened to our request, stuck to the wedding planners schedule & even made it... Read More possible for us to have our first dance after saying "I DO". He even played some CDs that my grooms step-mom brought with African music & made sure to play some reggae for my Jamaican dad! Everyone was happy & dancing (young, old, good & bad dancers)

Did everything I want and needed

Reviewed on 6/25/2013 Leanna G

DJ Earl Henry=Amazing! I had my list of songs I wanted to play and he matched ones to fill it in perfectly. My taste in music is vast and he was able to match it toe to toe. They even have a Photobooth you can get from them as well as an added bonus.

Josh is the best DJ you could request

Reviewed on 5/30/2013 Angela F

Josh is AMAZING! From our first meeting at the bridal bazaar we were a little skeptical about sitting down because everything always seems like a sales pitch. Josh sat us down and instantly we connected. He asked what we liked, how he works around time schedules, how he... Read More incorporates our music selection and what kind of party atmosphere we wanted. The live demonstration at their studio is what sold us. He literally hopped right on the DJ station and asked us for a few artists we liked and mixed the together. He emailed us back and forth with questions, asked the mood we wanted for the venue, was early and prompt and one of the nicest people we have ever met. A dj can really kill the atmosphere of a wedding and his quality of service and knowledge to work with us, made our day run smoothly. I appreciate his level of dedication and getting our sense of humor.

Start a Conversation!