My Friend Mike - Motown to Top 40 and all between!

STL Magazine's 2015 A-List Party band of the year, My Friend Mike is St Louis’ choice for memorable entertainment. "MFM" covers the latest Top 40 hits along with soulful Motown classics, country, rock and more. With 100's of weddings on their resume, Mike will take your wedding to the next level!

Country, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

190 Carondelet Plaza, St. Louis, MO (314) 721-9090

Fun, Personal, and Budget Friendly

Reviewed on 7/01/2015 Mollie S

I had no idea how much bands cost when we started planning the wedding. Especially the ones that have really nailed down the wedding scene. My Friend Mike was everything we wanted in a band, and at an amazing price. We met with them several times before the wedding and knew... Read More immediately upon hearing Mike play that we could not have made a better choice. They are so professional, they learned several different songs for us, and Mike's voice is amazing. They were so easy to work with and we got so many compliments from guests about how great they were and how fun the music was. We had a wonderful experience with Mike and his band and with Contemporary Productions, their management company. If you are looking for a fun and professional band that is a little more cost friendly, My Friend Mike is the way to go.

Best wedding band ever!!

Reviewed on 8/18/2015

From booking to the final song, My Friend Mike was very professional and easy to work with! The dance floor was packed all night, and everyone was commenting that they were the best wedding band they had ever heard! Mike was an outstanding MC throughout the night. We couldn't... Read More have asked for a better band to help celebrate my daughter's special day! I would book they again in a heartbeat!

great guys & pro

Reviewed on 6/15/2015 Julia R

Where do I start. The band was incredibly flexible and easy going. Mike was a great MC and was really communicative. The band knew what to play for people of all ages. I hired part of the band for my rehearsal dinner and they did not disappoint.Really well rehearsed and ready to... Read More rock! This band is one of the best kept secrets in St Louis. BOOK THEM before someone else does! The booking agency was really flexible and responsive.

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Gwen F

Wedding guests and the staff at the venue said My Friend Mike was the best wedding band they had every heard. They played a great variety of music, and the dance floor was packed all night. Mike was very accommodating, was a perfect emcee, and made sure the evening went... Read More smoothly.

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Gwen F

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Lauren C

Best band ever!!! My Friend Mike did such an amazing job at our wedding and our guests continued to rave about how great they were days after. We were really picky when it came to finding the right band. When we heard their recording samples online, we decided to check them out... Read More live at the Chase Park Plaza restaurant. We were so impressed with the different types of music they played and having both a female and male vocalist made for a great variety. We had a good friend sing our first dance song, and the band was able to back his vocals and even rehearse with him before the reception started. Mike was so accommodating to all of our requests and we couldn't be happier with the way the night turned out. Thank you, Mike!!!

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Allison D

Hands down, My Friend Mike is your jam crew if you are looking to keep the crowd alive! The reinvented "wedding band" by making it their own and that is what floored our guests! When we went band shopping we saw quite a few bands that just didn't have that "wow" factor. This... Read More band keeps the actions alive while they perform because you can just tell they jive and love what they do. Their energy pours through the speakers! Their song selections were in the perfect order to keep all ages engaged which can often be tough. I had people stopping me numerous times throughout the night saying, "Where did you find them!?" Look no further for your wedding band...they will surely blow you away!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Kaitlyn H

Oh my goodness - I cannot say enough good things about My Friend Mike! Lead singer, Mike Schlipp is such a nice and accommodating guy. They NAILED our wedding. This band knows what they are doing. The held to our timeline, helped us recover when we got a bit behind, and... Read More entertained us all night. We hired the 6-peice band, which featured both a male and female vocalist, which is such a nice touch. They are so talented and had the dance floor packed all night! We did a lot of research on this band, watched their demo videos, and even went to see a (much-smaller) version of the band play at a different location earlier in the planning process. NONE of these outlets does this band justice. They are in their element at a wedding and our guests LOVED them. Having a live band at our wedding made the night!

Reviewed on 6/25/2016

My Friend Mike was the perfect band to play at our wedding! The dance floor was full all night, and they played every thing from Motown to contemporary hits to the Hava Nagila, and they sounded great through it all. They even went the extra mile to sing a song that my dad had... Read More customized the lyrics to for our father daughter dance. We booked My Friend Mike through Contemporary Productions and worked with Peter Schankman. From the very first correspondence back in the summer of 2015 to post-wedding in June 2016, Peter was incredible to work with. Very prompt, thorough, and friendly in his communication. I could not be happier to have had My Friend Mike as our wedding band. Thank you for making our wedding so much fun!

Reviewed on 6/17/2016 Molly H

We cannot begin to explain how fun our reception was thanks to this amazing band! My friend Mike played at our reception June 11, 2016 and our guests were up dancing the entire night. Everyone keeps telling us how much fun they had because the band played such a great variety of... Read More music. Mike was awesome to work with and they played any special request that we asked of them. We highly recommend this band if you are looking for a high energy reception filled with great music!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Kelsey B

I have NEVER seen a more full dance floor from the first song to the last dance! Thank you so much to Mike and his crew for helping us put on an incredible celebration and entertain our guests! This is the band you hire if you want a FUN wedding that appeals to all musical... Read More tastes and allows for the bride and groom to give input and make sure their guests get to hear their favorite tunes...they even let us perform with the band for a few songs! Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Kathryn S

I live out of town and had to choose a band for my wedding without hearing them live...with that being said, I'm so glad I choose My Friend Mike! They have such a cool sound and such talent. They know how to get people on the dance floor! They played every song I requested of... Read More them. What's great about this band is that they can play so many different genres of music and the price was great for the number of band members/different instruments. Booking and communicating with them was extremely easy and everything was wonderful at my wedding! I never wanted the music to stop! If I could do it all over again, I would hire My Friend Mike!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Brittany B

My Friend Mike performed for our wedding in August and they were absolutely phenomenal! Everyone was on the dance floor for truly EVERY song! It was perfect and set the mode for a fun filled and night to remember for the rest of our lives! I cannot thank them enough for being... Read More part of the best day of our lives. They were super professional and dressed up in suits/perfect wedding attire. I received SO many compliments about them from my guests and I am over the moon so glad I chose them! Their song selection was absolutely perfect! Everyone was on the dance floor and was raving about how much fun they had! If you are looking for an amazing band, My Friend Mike is the one for you!!! Huge shout out and thank you to the band! I cannot thank you enough! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Great Band

Reviewed on 9/10/2015

My Friend Mike was a great wedding band for us to have in the mix. They were excellent to work with as we prepared for our day. Additionally, and likely very important, the price for the band and the quality of the music is what we would describe as a great value. They took... Read More time and effort to learn songs specific to our big day, but also rocked a number of other wedding regulars. Our dance floor stayed packed the whole time and we were very pleased. The night ended with everyone chanting "three more songs", but the venue shut it down. This was one of our favorite vendors for our wedding. The total cost included our discretionary tip, an hour of solo piano player during cocktails, and a 6 person band for 4 hours.

My Friend Mike

Reviewed on 5/28/2015 Molly T

Our guests absolutely loved this band; they are still complementing us on our selection of entertainment. They kept the dance floor packed all night and we could not be happier with our choice of band and with Contemporary Productions. “My Friend Mike” went over and above what... Read More we ever could have imagined. We will always remember our wedding day, thank you for making it even more special! Molly and Andrew