Country, Disco, Hip-Hop, Pop, R&B, Rock

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Kansas City, MO Kansas City Metro (816) 533-5082

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Ashley P

Nick is AMAZING! He is very detailed oriented when it comes to the day of. He doesn't miss a beat. I have received nothing but compliments on how fun a great the night was.

Reviewed on 7/04/2016 Lisa N

Nick did a fantastic job at our wedding. He was very receptive to our requests for the event as well as coming up with his own playlists and suggestions. Nick is very good at keeping the party on track while also entertaining the guests. Our wedding would have not been the... Read More same had we not had Nick as our DJ. Checkout NC Sounds for your DJ needs!

Reviewed on 5/05/2016 Heather C

Nick did an amazing job at our wedding reception and ceremony!! He was professional and played exactly the kind of music we wanted for each portion of our big day. He did a great job setting up and I was impressed with how awesome the DJ table and lights looked on the dance... Read More floor. His set up definitely added to the look of our wedding reception venue. I would highly recommend Nick for any reception or party!

Reviewed on 10/03/2015 Sarah W

After the first time meeting with Nick, my fiance and I knew he was definitely the right DJ for our wedding. Nick was willing to meet with us multiple times prior to our wedding day to help ease our minds and get everything exactly the way we wanted. Nick was in charge of music... Read More for our ceremony, plus DJ/MC for the reception. I cannot say enough wonderful things about him! He not only lived up to every expectation that we had, he far exceeded them. The ceremony ran flawlessly and then the reception... I don't even know where to start for the reception! He kept things on time and running smoothly. Most importantly, he did it in a way that made things completely stress-free for my (new) husband and me. We got SO many compliments on how organized our wedding was from guests and I have to give all the credit to Nick! I recommend NC Sounds to any bride who wants a professional, detail-oriented DJ who works hard to ensure that your wedding night is just the way you envisioned it. Absolutely the best around! Thank you Nick!!

Reviewed on 7/22/2015 Alina N

If I could hug Nick right now, I absolutely would. (in fact, I think I did, lol) You will not meet a more attentive, organized, professional and committed DJ in Kansas City. Nick took the time to really get to know our musical style, help organize and plan the flow of our... Read More evening and even sit with me at a coffee shop to find the *perfect* Hava Nagila for our Jewish chair dance...and boy did he! He took the time to scout our venue before committing to work with us (how's that for professional?) When he learned our 1920s venue wasn't wired for music in the lobby, he volunteered to bring in his own wireless speakers to keep the music going during cocktail hour. He assured the ceremony was beautiful, the toasts and dinner stayed on schedule, killed it during bridal party intros, and kept every single guest dancing well past last call. We had a really specific vision for our music selection, and Nick really took the time to curate that with us. We've gotten nothing but raves, and we have nothing but raves for him.

Great Ceremony & Reception Music!

Reviewed on 6/03/2014 Gelita O

After interviewing a list of DJ's we decided on NC Sounds. Nick was the perfect DJ for our wedding. He was very professional, fun, and attentive to our music needs for the ceremony and reception. He was also very polite and friendly to all the guests that requested songs. The... Read More sound quality was awesome and we also enjoyed the special lightening effects. If you are looking for a DJ, book NC Sounds.

The BEST DJ

Reviewed on 9/28/2013 Heather H

Nick was the best DJ I could have asked for. I had a really hard time trying to pick a DJ. I finally found NC Sounds and loved the sleek design of his website and reasonable DJ prices. This is better than most local DJs who either have neon colored websites or charge $2000 for... Read More the same DJ service you can find anywhere. Nick was spectacular. He makes you fill out these questionnaires that allow him to understand the exact atmosphere you are looking for. My husband and I loved meeting with him. He was nice, knowledgable, and fun. He ran with all the crazy ideas we had, like buffet dismissal songs, a kidnapping dollar dance, and a Newlywed shoe game. Every request I made was honored perfectly. We also had a big list of songs we wanted to hear. We were so busy talking to people the first three hours we did not even hear what music was playing. Then as soon as he saw we were not busy, he started playing all our favorite music. Our guests were kind of lame and 80% of them left really early. But Nick kept the party going and made the end of the night was a lot of fun for our immediate family and the bridal party.

Awsome Evening

Reviewed on 8/14/2013

We were forntuate to find Nick. The professionalism and music selection provided is very much appreciated. Our guests danced and had a wonderful time. Nick kept the bridal party and guests on the evening timeline in a smothless flowing mannor. Thanks Nick for helping to... Read More make our day special.

What a great find!

Reviewed on 7/20/2013

We liked what friends had to say about NC Sounds so my fiance and I decided to meet with Nick and see what they could offer. Best choice ever! He was very professional and really listens to all questions and concerns. He gave us some great ideas and even did a walk-through of... Read More our venue beforehand to ensure everything would go smoothly the day of. We had Nick for our ceremony and reception. From the pre-ceremony music until the very last song of the night, everything flowed perfectly. I appreciated that a few times during the night Nick came to check-in with my husband and I to make sure we were happy with how the night was going. He played an awesome variety of music that was pleasing to all age groups, filled requests, and just provided a FUN and stress free day!

Perfect

Reviewed on 6/25/2013 Katy R

I would strongly recommend NC Sounds. I spoke with lots of DJ’s before picking one and Nick was easily the one that I felt most comfortable with. And, as it turned out, Nick was the perfect wedding DJ! He’s very professional and familiar with everything popular today as well as... Read More some great classics. My guests loved him and most stayed until the end of the reception. He definitely exceeded our expectations which were very high!

DJ review for Nick Chavez

Reviewed on 11/04/2011 Bobi H

Nick was a great DJ. He really kept everyone on the dance floor, and kept the reception moving. My reception was so much fun, and much of that is related to the great music played. He took requests from guests, but kept the music wedding/kid appropriate. He was... Read More inexpensive,and very easy to communicate with.