You will remember your 1st dance forever!

Make it count! Give your 1st dance the same consideration as your cake, music or flowers. You'll remember it forever! Learn to dance together for your big day in a fun, relaxed environment! Whether you're style is subtle or over the top, you can learn to dance together in no time!!!

Southern Star Ballroom Center, Inc., Raleigh, NC

Great lessons!

Reviewed on 8/26/2013 Kaitlyn S

My dad and I went to Shari for shag lessons for our father daughter dance. We are both so glad we had lessons with Shari. She was a blast to work with, very patient with us while we were learning and the end result was well worth it! She even created our "mix" of songs that we put together for our father daughter dance and it was perfect. We took about 5 lessons and on the wedding day it was fun and enjoyable showing off our new skills! Shari is awesome and I would highly recommend her!

Shari is the best!

Reviewed on 3/26/2013 Erika I

Shari Huggett was awesome. My husband and I were not 100% sure what we wanted to do, but we knew we wanted it to be fun and short! We danced to Keb Mo Closer and then towards the end did Gangum Style. Shari was such a blast to work with and made it fun and easy to learn new dance moves. I would recommend her to anyone in the Durham-Raleigh area. She is an amazing teacher and is very flexible with scheduling. :) Reach out to her - You won't be disappointed!

Simply the best

Reviewed on 3/13/2012 Jennifer S

We just can't say enough to tell you how great our lessons were. Shari was truly amazing. She instantly put us at ease, really gauging our skill level and tailoring her teaching to us. She understood exactly what we were looking for in our lessons and delivered. She was so enthusiastic and energetic, and her attitude was contagious. She had tons of helpful hints and was able to present concepts in a way that really stuck with us. We feel confident and ready to wow the crowd. Thanks!

thanks Shari!

Reviewed on 8/19/2013 Charlotte B

We took three lessons with Shari to prepare for our first dance - she was upbeat, easy to work with, and flexible schedule-wise. We felt confident on our wedding day and everyone was impressed! Highly recommend

Better then couples counseling!!!

Reviewed on 10/10/2011 Mikki P

Me and my husband always joke that dance lessons with Shari are better then couples counseling!! We took a few lessons before our wedding just to be able to move better around the dance floor. With all the stress of the wedding it seemed like ironically every time we went to dance class there was an unusual amount of stress going on in our relationship. But every time we left we were back on the same page and feeling more in love then ever! So much so that we now take weekly classes just to make sure we are always on the same page! I love Shari!!! She is a great teacher and always keeps the mood really light!!! I highly recommend her classes for your dance skill and your relationship!!!

Dance

Reviewed on 5/31/2011 Kaitlin L

Our friends and family are still talking about the surprise of our professional choreographed first dance! Our instructor Steven was awesome to work with and we had so much fun learning! Neither of us had experience in ballroom/social dancing, and my husband's dancing skills didn't expand beyond the Cabbage Patch. By the end of 8 classes, however, we had a beautiful choreographed dance that will be a special memory for us forever! The staff is very talented and able to work with all different skill levels. Great facility and very reasonably priced! The lessons were something for us to look forward to together before the big day! We had so much fun we are planning to continue with lessons evn though the wedding is over :)

Send Email