Book Your Wedding with Neltner's Farm & Event Venue

A BARN IN MELBOURNE, KY

Founded in 1857, Neltner's Farm is a fresh, countryside venue for those looking to escape the rush of the city and find the grace and beauty in the simplicity of the Kentucky outdoors. Located in Melbourne, Kentucky, Neltner's Farm is a quick 20-minute drive from downtown Cincinnati, making this a convenient location even for out-of-town guests are staying in the city. With three options for ceremony locations, two locations for tented receptions and two barns with all the necessities, Neltner's Farm offers country simplicity and big-city convenience for up to 350 people.

Just past a wagon-wheel-decorated wooden bridge and a short walk from indoor facilities, couples can say their vows with the waving corn stalks behind them. Have guests seated on hay-bail rows or chairs, while a simple wooden arch frames the ceremony. Just a short walk from the field, the reception can be held in one of the tented areas or outdoors by one of the historic barns.

Opposite the cornfield is a covered wooden bridge or walkway. To-be-weds can have guests in the same field used for the Corn Field ceremony, only set up facing this sturdy structure. Garlands and flowers decorate the rooftop and the bridge also makes for a good place to keep couples from seeing each other too soon; let the walls shield the eyes for an authentic first-look photo.

Beyond the Covered Bridge lies another green field for guests to hold a ceremony or reception. The field is also a great location for a tent, so if couples want the ceremony and reception to be literally side-by-side, this spot works well. Or, if couples use one of the other ceremony locations, this area also makes a good spot for just the tent and guests can await the couple on the other side of the bridge for their first appearance in public as newlyweds.

Neltner's Farm is available from April through September and from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. There is a lounge area for the wedding party to prepare or unwind and the to-be-weds have prior access to the farm for rehearsal. For tented services, Neltner's Farm works with Advantage Tent Rental to create a bright, breezy, covered space for the event, complete with seating and lighting arrangements. Catering and alcohol are not available on-site, but outside vendors are allowed.

The event can be reserved for a 50 percent non-refundable deposit. Rehearsals can be held on the Thursday before the event and must end by 8 p.m. Smoking is allowed outside, but not inside any of the structures on the farm. Alcohol must be provided by the to-be-weds and served by caterers or wineries and all beverages and food items must have prior approval of the venue. Wedding parties may bring their own food and non-alcoholic beverages if caterers are not used. Candles are okay, but the wax must be contained and kept off of tables. The property should not be altered or damaged, including nails for decoration and no pyrotechnics are allowed. Events are rain or shine and for planned outdoor events, designated indoor farm areas are available, but no refunds are available because of weather.

Only 20 minutes from Cincinnati, this venue is close enough to be convenient and far enough away from the city for the peace of the country to have a calming effect. Handicap parking is available on the property and there are plenty of available add-ons for to-be-weds and their guests to choose from:

• Forever wheel
  • Love locks
  • Photo booth
  • Open or covered wagon ride
  • Rustic galvanized tubs for ice and drinks
  • Rustic arch rental for ceremonies
  • Campfire pack
  • Straw couch
  • Antique farm tables
  • Straw seating in rows
  • Farm and picnic tables
  • Available jams and jellies

A Pastoral Beauty that is Unique & Unforgettable

We've Been Home To Momentous Occasions Since 1892. Over the years, we've been the site of many cherished family events, including a wedding or two. And now it's the perfect backdrop for your special day. 2018 dates are filling up fast so contact us today to book tour.

• Outdoor - Covered

Farm + Ranch, Barn, Waterfront, Historic Venue

Rentals + Equipment

6922 Four Mile Rd, Melbourne, KY (859) 803-9763

Reviewed on 8/25/2017 Sophia H

This place was absolutely AMAZING. I feel like my wedding was from out of a movie because of how absolutely gorgeous the venue was! The location itself is absolutely stunning. They have two creeks, corn fields, animals grazing in the background--it feels like you are a lot... Read More further away from Cincinnati! There are two barns as well, and a charming, relaxed feeling in the air. It really is magical! My family and friends keep telling me how beautiful it was, and what an amazing place it was to get married! The owners are fantastic to work with as well. Rick is extremely responsive. He would answer all my random questions and never seemed to mind. Kevin does a lot of the work on the grounds, and he is amazing as well. I think I went to the farm 4 or 5 times before the wedding to meet with various vendors, etc., and Kevin was always happy to show me around and help any way he could. Kevin was there the day of the wedding, as well, which made me feel so comfortable! One gigantic, massive cost saving at the farm is that you can bring in your own alcohol. We ended up paying about $10/person less with a FULL BAR to what we were getting quoted for beer and wine only at other places. One added cost here is that you need to rent a tent (in case of rain). Overall the price of the tent rental and venue is competitive, however. One massive added benefit of this location is that there is so much color and beauty in the surroundings. That color and vibrancy will bring a lot of life to your pictures. Another cool thing about the farm is that they have fall festivals, so you can go back to the farm and remember your wedding day! They also have a "lock of love" that they send you, that you can lock on a big wheel on the farm. They send it a month early so you can get it engraved, which was such a nice gesture! We locked it together and then had my nephew throw the key into the stream nearby. It was such a neat, cool experience. Go check this place out. The staff and location were a total class act and I am so happy I got married there!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Laura S

We can not say enough great things about Neltners Farm. This was the venue of my dreams and I was lucky enough to have found it. Neltners was SO easy to work with and always answered my calls and questions. They made the planning process easy. Thank you so much for making our... Read More dream wedding a reality.

Reviewed on 8/02/2016

We had our wedding at Neltner's Farm a year ago and it was a wonderful experience. Working with Kevin was so easy and he was so communicative and invested in our day! It was so nice to have a venue that was willing to work with our vision without giving us a lot of parameters.... Read More The day of coordination was great and the whole feel of the reception was perfect! There was enough room for people to roam a little but still felt connected to everyone without feeling cramped. We would certainly recommend this venue.

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Devon H

Neltner’s Farm was absolutely amazing! Kevin was on sight all day and helped us with anything and everything we needed. Kevin ensured that everything ran smoothly and assisted in any way he could. Everyone that attended the wedding told us how beautiful the venue was. We... Read More couldn’t have done it without Kevin! We were so happy with how amazing our wedding turned out! Thank you so much Neltner’s for everything!

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Brittney D

We got married at Neltners farm in July and it was perfection! They were so helpful and accommodating, making it easy for us to plan our day. Location is beautiful and we were able to use all of own vendors, though they did recommend a few that we used and they were great too!... Read More Would absolutely recommend!

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Ashley L

Just had my wedding last night at Neltner's and working with the family was amazing. Kevin was so helpful through the whole wedding process and was completely committed to making my day perfect. All the guest went on and on about how beautiful this place was. Rain or Shine (we... Read More had rain) this place is perfect and I am so happy we chose Neltner's for our big day!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Tamra Y

I can not say enough about this place. It is totally amazing. All of our guests raved about how spectacular it was. You would not even need to decorate it's so beautiful! The owners are 110% wonderful. They go above and beyond for everything. This is literally a venue for a... Read More dream wedding!!

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Emily C

My event company, Social Design and Events, coordinated a wedding at Neltner's this past weekend, and we cannot say enough about how wonderful it was to have an event at their property. Kevin was incredibly helpful, and more than accommodating. Their venue is perfect for... Read More weddings, and I would highly recommend it to others.

Neltners Farm

Reviewed on 8/19/2015

Kevin Neltner and his family run the farm. He is a true gentleman with a lovely facility. His price was fair, he oversaw the entire reception and had anything on hand which we might need to make sure the evening went well. We had a wonderful time. If you enjoy an outdoor... Read More event, the place is perfect. We had 300+ and there was plenty of room under the tent and around the grounds. The barn can be used for food and bar or for dancing and there is another bar and kitchen in the front barn. It was great!

Meet The Events Director

Rick Neltner

At Neltner's Farm, I work hard to ensure that your event goes off without a hitch — you'll enjoy the same level of care that we put into our own events and family functions. Myself and everyone here strives to provide the highest-quality services and the highest attention to detail. We grew up here and we have celebrated a lot of wonderful moments as a family here, and we want you to be able to do the same.