Engagement, Trash The Dress

Digital Files

4422 Evanston Ave N, Seattle, WA (248) 259-1100

Nikki knows how to make you look and feel your best!!

Reviewed on 9/14/2015 Jennifer G

Nikki is an absolutely jaw-dropping photographer. She understands her trade, understands her people, and makes everyone feel beautiful!!! I had an out of the ordinary stressful week leading up to my wedding (non wedding stress!) and gained 7lbs!! I was freaking out but Nikki... Read More was able to pose me and turn me just so, so that I was still feeling beautiful. Our photos are simply top notch! She knows how to pose women and make them look their best. I can't speak highly of her enough. I even sent my MOH to her and she did her wedding as well because she was so obsessed with Nikki! To top it off, she is just an all around, kind person. In such a stressful and overwhelming day, she is a calming presence and helps to keep you looking your best through her lens- not highlighting that you are a bit overwhelmed! When I was completely stressed out by our limo driver, who was the worst driver in America, Nikki just kept me busy taking more photos and saying nice things to me. She is so perfect! When a girl is stressed, nothing makes her feel better than to have someone tell her she looks great and keep smiling! I just love Nikki and plan to use her for professional photos for my business in the future! Mainly for her photos, but I also just want to hang out with her- she is awesome!!!

Best of the best!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 kelly w

We were lucky to have had the talented Nikki Closser as our wedding photographer. She was calm, cool, and collected; she made everything feel like a breeze. The photos she created are priceless. She captured the essence of every part of our day. Her confidence and style made... Read More everyone feel like a natural in front of the camera. Nikki is a true professional and at the same time feels like a friend you have known for years. Her photos speak for themselves and if you get the chance to work with her she will knock your socks off! Do yourself a favor and go with Nikki Closser, she's the best of the best!!! Thanks Nikki!

Superb!!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2014

As the mother of the groom, I was so thrilled with the choice of Nikki Closser as the photographer for my son's and daughter-in-law's wedding day. I knew how talented she was and her capabilities both technically and personally gave me such peace of mind as the big day... Read More approached. Needless to say, the photographs Nikki delivered left me speechless. They were stunning and very personal- they delivered all of the emotions and special moments of the day- beyond all expectations. But more importantly, Nikki did her work effortlessly and quietly. She handled people with grace and calm- and knew exactly where she needed to be at any given moment. Her grace made the event even more special. I cannot thank you enough, Nikki! Your photographs are a gift for the ages!

She's the best...

Reviewed on 10/19/2014 Josh S

My wife and I decided from the beginning that if there was one thing we weren't going to skimp on for our wedding, it was the photographer. Nikki was the best choice we could have possibly made (other than each other). She captured all of the big moments, the small details and... Read More everything in between, things I would have never imagined to be important to anyone other than my wife. Thank you Nikki, we're grateful!

Everything I expected and so much more!

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Stephanie W

We were so incredibly lucky to have Nikki as our photographer. With a less than nine month engagement we were desperately looking for a photographer that we both could agree on when my sister mentioned that one of her best friends was using Nikki for her wedding, and that she... Read More loved her work and personality. I figured it didn't hurt to look at Nikki's work and reach out to see if she was available. I am so happy I contacted Nikki I can't even begin to describe how happy I am. From simple things like being readily available to answer all of my questions, to the super fast sneak peeks of the engagement shoot and of the wedding this girl is on top of her game in so many ways! The most important thing about how Nikki works is that she is totally business while making you feel completely at ease. We are that typical couple who "is awkward" in front of the camera, but you would never know from all the photos I now have to look back on my wedding day. I am so happy that I had Nikki also come out to the venue to photograph our rehearsal and dinner, the candid photos we now have from the casual night before our wedding are some of my favorites while it also gave the people closest to us time to meet her and get a few pictures of their own. Seriously, if you haven't contacted her yet to shoot your engagement/wedding/anniversary/whatever you need contact her ASAP! You will be thanking yourself the rest of your married lives.

Simply the best!

Reviewed on 10/17/2014

The title of my review says it all. Working with Nikki was so wonderful. From getting to know her a little bit at our engagement shoot, to the full day at our wedding, and all of our email exchanges in between. She was simply a joy to work with. My now husband and I... Read More aren't always comfortable in front of the camera, but she and her assistant, Stacey were so fun and made it really easy. Not only that, but Nikki captured each and every detail that I worked so hard on. She really brought it all to life and the photos are simply perfect. Not only that but talk about fast- we got our wedding photos completed 3 weeks after our wedding. Many of the members of our bridal party talked about how much fun they were, and how they kept us on schedule. I already recommended Nikki to a friend who used her, and will recommend her to anyone I know!

Best in the NW!

Reviewed on 8/12/2014 Aubrey P

I don't even know where to start, other than my wedding was perfect and Nikki captured the whole thing. Everything and everyone that was a part of our beautiful day seemed to find a way into her camera. No detail was overlooked. I can't imagine ever having anyone else other than... Read More her. She's such a kind woman who loves what she does and it shows, it was such a positive experience working with her it makes me forget wedding planning was ever stressful. Every picture is captured with such care that every time I go through the pictures I feel every emotion that I felt that day. I smile every smile and cry every tear one more time. Everyone deserves that. Josh and I are forever grateful.

Forget the dress, say yes to this photographer!

Reviewed on 7/14/2014 Lauren H

So after I got engaged one of my thoughts was how the photos of the day are a lot longer lasting than the flowers, the DJ, whatever. I'm a very visual person, so I went on a search for photographers. Nikki's jumped out at me super fast. People talk about immediately knowing... Read More which dress is 'their' dress, I was instantly attracted to Nikki's work and knew that i wanted her as my photographer. She met with my now husband and me and we chatted. If she wasn't already happily married I would've tried to fix her up with my brother, she was so delightful! She was very attentive, and had great advice and points to make. We signed the contract and it included an engagement photo session. Even though it was really cold at the time she had the pictures come out great! Before the wedding she checked in alot, just to make sure if things were going okay. She even gave advice on some of the stresses and problems I was encountering that wasn't photography related at all, which I found incredibly sweet. It's nice to hear good advice from someone who's dealt with a lot of weddings. On the wedding day itself she was super punctual, and a delight to work with! Everybody, not even the people getting their pictures taken at the time said how much they liked her and her team. No other vendor got that kind of compliment. This is even before the pictures came out! Nikki and her team were focused, friendly, and interactive. The pictures themselves came out really fast, and they're fantastic! I agree with one of the other reviewers that I'd like to stare at them all day. It's a wonderful way to re-live the day. So in conclusion, she's a delight to work with, super focused, attentive, and super skilled! Don't get someone who will just point and click. Your special day deserves someone as skilled as Nikki Closser to get your day memorialized.

Good Times From the Groom

Reviewed on 7/01/2014 Charlie N

Nikki and her team were professional on wedding day and during engagement photos. From a groom's perspective she made the process easier than expected. She was easy to contact away from the camera, and during the process she was easy to get along with. The final product was... Read More some of the best pictures I have ever seen and, looking back, I wouldn't have chosen anyone different for this once in a lifetime event. Thanks Nikki!

Outstanding

Reviewed on 6/28/2014

Nikki Closser is nothing short of an amazing photographer , as well as an amazing person . She captured every aspect of our wedding, even things we didn't think of . I can look back through our photos and literally remember every flower , decoration, dance, laugh, and moment . I... Read More would highly recommend letting yourself spend the extra money on Nikki . She is well worth it , and she gets all your photos back to you SO FAST! Don't even hesitate , just hire her . You won't be disappointed (:

Best Wedding Photographer

Reviewed on 6/28/2014 Claire S

The minute I saw Nikki's work on The Knot, I knew I had to have her photograph our wedding! Right off the bat she was very flexible and professional. We hadn't been planning on doing engagement photos so it was a very nice bonus that they were included in the wedding... Read More package. Getting to know Nikki throughout the wedding planning process has been an absolute joy. She is warm, full of life, and extremely creative. She made me and my new husband feel so comfortable. By the time our wedding rolled around, I had total trust that Nikki would capture our day perfectly. After the wedding I was preparing myself to have to wait weeks to get our photos back. Nikki was SO fast! We had sneak preview pictures the day after the wedding and the full album two weeks later! We are so happy with our photos. I would recommend Nikki to anyone looking for a photographer! She is the absolute best there is!

She is the best decision I've ever made! (besides my husband, of course!)

Reviewed on 9/24/2013 Dana S

I'll start by saying...I wish I didn't have to work, so I could just sit and look at my wedding photos all day! Nikki went above and beyond our expectations. When we got engaged I had no doubt in my mind that Nikki would be our photographer. I booked her immediately and... Read More worked out all the details on how to get her to Michigan. She actually flew out a few days early to scope out the area we had in mind for the photos. Now that is dedication! Our phone consultation totally helped with the organization of the day. She told me to plan out exactly who(outside of the bridal party)we wanted photos with and email her the list (which she brings w/her) before hand. I was asked for any "special moments" or "important photos" she needed to capture to make my memories that much better. Also, that I should have the rings, invites, dress, shoes and any other items that were important for photos with me. I was so frazzled and her giving me the heads up made our lives so much easier and my photos real and in the moment. Being so caught up in the day, other than my "one on one" photos with her I didn't even realize she was there...and that's a good thing! In the last week I've been called "stunning" when people see my wedding photos. That's like my word for the most beautiful thing I've ever seen...and people are calling me that! I can't put into words how that makes me feel inside and out. I'm getting a little teary eyed just thinking about it. All because she is an amazing photographer. I can't thank Nikki enough for bringing our entire wedding to life and telling every part of our story. I've been told by a few people that you can see the love between my husband and I in our photos. That is all I ever wanted and could ask for! She really is the best decision I've ever made! Thank you, Nikki!

Best photographer on the scene!

Reviewed on 8/20/2013 Lindsey S

Finding the perfect photographer was the most important decision on my wedding to-do list. I went through dozens and dozens of photographer’s websites and blogs ultimately not finding one that I just fell in love with. I happen to be watching the Today Show one morning and I saw... Read More these stunning pictures a Seattle based photographer took. I instantly ran to my computer and googled her. It was love at first click. I emailed her right away and her response made me feel even more drawn to her, she sent me a questionnaire about myself & my groom, it was so friendly yet so professional. Nikki is just that, a professional yet treats you like you're her girlfriend. She is energetic, fun, and generous. The day of our wedding she was this amazing calm force. She made everything run smoother and didn’t waste any steps. I wanted art not your standard wedding photos and she delivered in a big way! She went above and beyond and was able to capture the entire day perfectly. She documented our love as well as many other moments as a bride you miss. She truly has a gift and I can’t imagine a better wedding photographer out there! Book her, it’ll be a decision you’ll never regret!

She's like having a really talented best friend take your photos

Reviewed on 8/01/2013 Megan T

When I first began the wedding planning process, it was all a bit overwhelming. So many choices, so many options. And all of them looked great. So whenever I would get a referral from someone, I would really pay attention. And that's how I found Nikki. My coworker (who... Read More attended a wedding) couldn't stop raving about her friends wedding pictures. So, I looked through them, was also amazed at her talent and aesthetic, and contacted Nikki. Nikki is not only a true professional, but also an incredibly nice person. It's so easy to talk to her, to feel comfortable and to feel like you've known her for a really long time. That was especially important for us when it came time to taking our engagement photos. Capturing intimate moments, she made us feel SO at ease. I must say, it is not my strong suit, but the pictures turned out amazing. We received so many compliments that when it came to the wedding, there was not a doubt in my mind that they would be equally as awesome. I even suggested a few shots to Nikki, and she was so nice about making time to include them. As a bonus, she is incredibly fast at editing! I think within 24 hours we got a few pictures. I was amazed! I would recommend Nikki in a heartbeat. Her talent, kindness and professionalism really made this part of the wedding planning process stress free. I look forward to having another life moment where we can use her services again!

Nikki is so talented, captured our perfect day wonderfully!

Reviewed on 7/28/2013 Sarah R

Nikki was recommended by a friend of ours and from the second we met with her, we knew she would be a good fit. Every single picture from our wedding day in June is amazing. Our friends keep complimenting us on our pictures, and we are having trouble narrowing down our favorites... Read More for our album! A great problem to have :) Nikki was incredibly professional and cool headed. She helped me work out the timeline for the day, and it went so smoothly. All of the people photos are amazing; the first look, family photos, ceremony photos, party photos. What we also love are the "details" shots that Nikki was able to capture. This really captured the day, and are such a great compliment to the other photos. Part of Nikki's package included an engagement session, which we declined. In retrospect, I wish we would have done the session with Nikki, she is just so careful and unique, and we would have been more prepared for how it would feel with Nikki on our wedding day. We recommend Nikki hands down as an amazing, creative and unique photographer for your special day!

She is amazing

Reviewed on 6/13/2013 Emily N

I originally saw Nikki's work through a friend of a friend, that same friend used Nikki for her wedding, and after that I was hooked. Nikki is consistent in her work, and the quality is amazing. She is cute, fun, and amazingly enthusiastic. I definitely love instant... Read More gratification. After our engagement session within the first day we received a few teasers, 3 hours after our reception ended we received 10 teasers. Our wedding was also in May which may have been slower, but let just say Nikki is not a procrastinator. I have heard of people waiting 3-6 months for photos, I would have died. We received all our photos 13 days after the wedding and it was fantastic. She normally gives a reasonable timeline and then meets beyond your expectations. She is great with big crazy families, we had 180 guests, some were probably demanding and she handled it all. She responds well to emails and is very organized. I loved working with her. You can definitely tell her what you would like, and she will make sure to make it all happen.

Couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 5/14/2013 Kate D

Nikki photographed my wedding back in August and I was so unbelievably pleased with her photos! She was such a pleasure to work with and I honestly dont think I could've found a better photographer who was so fun to work with. My husband does not like being in photos and always... Read More feels very awkward in front of the camera and even he felt relaxed and it shows in the pictures! She took a TON of both the engagement and wedding pictures and there were so many amazing ones that I could barely decide which ones to display in my house! I would recommend her to anyone for any event...I will definitely be using her in the future for family photos!!!

Incredible photographer in every way!

Reviewed on 4/09/2013 K S

I have noticed that Nikki has already received multiple 5-star ratings; she really is THAT good! Nikki loves what she is doing, and it is evident from her initial consultation with you, to the engagement shoot, through the day of the wedding. She is professional, fun, and takes... Read More the most stunning photographs. I felt and still feel like I looked beautiful on the day of my wedding, and Nikki helped me feel that way. Her turn-around time for editing and posting our photos was phenomenal -- we had a series of excellent photos within two days of the wedding, and the remaining images were sent to us shortly thereafter. Our entire family and all of our friends were amazed at the photos. When I saw the unique images Nikki captured, I realized just how hard she worked on the day of our wedding. She managed to capture everything -- little details, sweet photos of aunts and uncles, dancing photos, and precious images of babies at the reception. I smile every time I see the photos from our wedding. You will be forever grateful in your choice of Nikki as a photographer. She works incredibly hard for her clients and is constantly improving her skills through photography courses and creative sessions. I cannot say enough good things about Nikki -- you will be so pleased with your photographs if you hire her!

Nikki Closser Photography - Beyond Excellence

Reviewed on 4/05/2013 Jo D

My daughter hired Nikki to shoot her engagement photos and after seeing the beautiful results she hired Nikki to shoot her wedding. I was happy about her choice and looked forward to the same high quality photos. What I didn't expect but received was a very personal touch... Read More added by Nikki. This made my day even more special. Nikki captured emotions from the beginning to the end of the day. My daughter is unique, so was her wedding, so were her photos. Absolutely perfect. Thank you Nikki. Sincerely, Mother of the Bride 2012

Nikki Closser was our dream wedding photographer!

Reviewed on 4/05/2013 Camille J

Nikki is a fantastic, artistic photographer, and so much more. She is extremely personable and energetic, professional and inspiring, and incredibly passionate about getting to know you and your wedding vision, and making it happen. She took notes, asked a lot of questions,... Read More and guided and directed us to make photography decisions for our big day, all while respecting and capturing the photography we were hoping for and imagining. She has an uncanny ability to take incredible journalistic shots, capturing the raw emotion of each moment perfectly. She came up with the idea for one of the best "first look" shots I've ever seen, lining our family members along an architecturally interesting foot bridge and capturing everyone's reactions along with the groom and myself (the bride). She and her assistant worked seamlessly and discretely to capture all the moments we could have hoped for and more. We were so thrilled to work with her and would recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer to work with their unique vision and capture the day in style and grace. She is amazing!

Nikki is simply amazing, you will not be disappointed!!

Reviewed on 4/04/2013 Rheanna H

Two years ago, my husband and I had engagement photos taken that were good, but the more we looked at them the more we realized they weren’t quite the style we were looking for. Several months went by and we were still on the fence about where to go from there, when I saw... Read More engagement photos on a friend’s Facebook page taken by Nikki Closser Photography. I knew THAT was the style we wanted! As is the way with email inquiries I figured we’d hear back in a week about availability for our date and pricing, so I was blown away when Nikki herself emailed me back FIVE minutes later. We met less than 3 weeks later and it was unanimous; my husband and I liked both Nikki herself. Approachable, flexible, stylish, affordable, professional and very talented, booking Nikki was one of the easiest steps in planning our September wedding. We laughed our way through our engagement photos and managed to capture scenes both in Georgetown and at Alki Beach after work. Our limited experience has been that it takes a while to get your proofs back (digital even), so when Nikki said she’d have teasers up the next day, we both were surprised when she actually did as promised. Over the next few months Nikki kept in contact with me regarding the wedding plans as it pertained to which photos we wanted to do before the ceremony and which after. She even provided me with a suggested timeline that was instrumental in planning with my caterer, DJ and officiant. Nikki made sure to query me on the intended style/theme of the wedding and in doing so, helped me steer me toward my final choices. On the day of our wedding, Nikki and her staff arrived early at my family’s farm in Sultan and were able to scout out locations she thought would be best for the “first look” and group photos before I had even arrived. Ever patient and gracious Nikki took not only the bridal party photos, but photos of guests, family members, children, décor, and more. She even took photos of my family “clan” on about 5 personal cameras and then on her camera after dinner. “Impeccable and very timely” is an apt description of Nikki’s editing skills and professional dedication. Teasers were out in less than 24 hours and 4 days later she had a slideshow with music available online that we were able to send our grandparents. A week later we were viewing all 900+ edited photos online for us, our families, and our guests to view or purchase. I know of no other brides who got their photos that fast…unless they were Nikki’s bride. I look forward to doing family and glamour photos with her in the future.

Absolutely the best wedding photographer!!!

Reviewed on 4/04/2013 Alaia D

My husband and I used to Nikki Closser Photography for our engagement pictures and wedding at Pickering Barn in Issaquah. Nikki was absolutely fantastic, brilliant, easy-going, made us feel comfortable and so kind. Not only is she incredibly talented behind the camera, but she... Read More is a beautiful person and someone you want to know and be around. When we first met Nikki, we knew she would be our photographer. She has a personality that instantly makes you comfortable. My husband and I do not like taking pictures, and are typically very awkward in front of a camera, but she was able to give us direction and ideas to feel at ease to make our pictures look as natural as possible. When we had our engagement session, Nikki spent as much time as we needed in order to get the right shots. We explored Woodinville together to find the perfect scenery that would fit the mood of what we wanted in our pictures On our wedding day, there was an unexpected downpour of rain, which made taking pictures outside nearly impossible. We hadn't planned for this and didn't have a backup plan in place. Nikki and her two assistants were creative and so helpful to come up with a plan without stressing us out. They ran over to Fred Meyer and quickly bought (out of her own expense) 12 matching umbrellas so that our entire wedding party could be covered from the rain, and the pictures turned out absolutely breathtaking! If it weren't for this quick thinking, we would not have been able to take pictures outside and really there would have been no room inside to do this. We love the pictures with the added character of the umbrellas and how she captured the moment in the unexpected circumstance. You can tell that photography is truly Nikki's passion. She is incredible at capturing your memories and making them last forever. Her editing skills were impeccable and very timely too! The day after our wedding, she had already emailed us a variety of edited teasers, so our curiosity was fulfilled until she completed our entire album full of 980 pictures! I highly recommend Nikki Closser Photography for not only your wedding, but for any photography needs. We definitely will be using her again for our family photos!