"No Macarena" DJ & Custom Music Service

Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Philadelphia, PA Philadelphia and surrounding areas, NJ and DE (267) 428-5804

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Prisca S

Kim was an outstanding DJ for our wedding on 11/11/16. My husband and I could not have been happier with choosing to go with No Macarena for our special day. We had some pretty unique songs and Kim was able to play/transition them seamlessly. My husband and I later talked about... Read More how surprised we were regarding how many people were up and dancing and that was due to Kim! my guests loved the music and told me so numerous times. This may be a little thing but she also practiced and announced all of the names correctly of our wedding party for introductions which I thought was very professional and important to us. We loved working with Kim. She was incredibly responsive and easy to work with. She listened to us and really brought our vision to life in terms of music. Thank you, No Macerana!

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Yasaman K

No Macarena was amazing! Our DJ was Joe Pizzio and he was incredible from beginning to end. Me and my husband started making couple of long playlists months before the wedding. we gather all the songs that we really loved and the ones we had good memories with growing up: for... Read More dancing, slow dancing, reception, happy hour ... We gave Joe those lists a week before the wedding. He was so great at receiving that huge list. I am Iranian and mu husband is American so there was a lot of International music there as well. Joe actually owned most of the music I sent him! He has a huge collection of diverse musics. we talked on the phone about what we really didn't want and what we did want and he was so great at listening to all our needs and helping us through. On the day of wedding, he showed up dressed in a beautiful suit although it was a verrry hot day in September. He was absolutely professional. He played everything as it was planned. He had a great sense on seemlessly mixing all these different genres that we have given him. Everyone was on the dance floor having fun. He could feel the energy so well. He coordinated with the caterers and the photographer for every single detail that was needed in the back. We didn't really want a loud DJ and Joe absolutely respected our wish. I would work with him again and again. Thank you so much for your incredible service!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Chris S

Josh Landow was the DJ for our wedding and he was awesome. We discussed the timeline and music the weekend before and he had a number of helpful suggestions. On the night, everything flowed very nicely and Josh did a great job at checking in with us at key points on the... Read More schedule (introductions, speeches, first dances, etc). Guests were giving him tons of compliments during the dancing. Overall, extremely professional and kept everyone on the dance floor. Couldn't ask for anything more!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Kiki K

Kim was fantastic and had great taste in music! We gave her a lot of leeway for song selection, and we got so many compliments on the music we had to tell our guests we didn't pick them! :) Kim was also very helpful with setting up the microphone system for our ceremony.... Read More This wasn't part of her own system, but we didn't know how to set it up ourselves, so she stepped up and went above and beyond what we'd originally asked. We LOVED our experience with Kim!!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Emily S

Jonas was great and everyone loved the music! I would not have asked for him to do anything differently. I have very high standards - especially for my wedding - and I had zero complaints. I was very prescriptive with the songs I wanted played and during which times and he did... Read More phenomenally well. He did what I asked, took my direction and was flexible with the timing of the day. I will most certainly recommend

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Sara K

No Macarena was great! We had our wedding on 9/24/16. Jonas was our DJ and he was very professional. We sent him a list of songs we wanted to hear and we also had a call with him a week before the wedding to make sure we were all on the same page. Everything went smoothly and we... Read More had numerous people tell us that the music was phenomenal! And you cant beat the price. I highly recommend them. Also, Kim was very easy to work with and very responsive when we were booking them.

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Angela P

DJ Dave did a great job. All the timed music for ceremony and introductions went off with out a hitch. The mics for the ceremony were easy to use and all the spoken parts were heard very clearly. Our guests had a great time!

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Naomi M

I was honestly sold on No Macarena the minute I saw the name (I'm not one for dances with directions like the Macarena or YMCA), and I'm so happy I went with my first instinct on this. Kim responded quickly and clearly to any and all questions, and our DJ Dave Beck knocked it... Read More out of the park. I left most of the actual song selection up to him, beyond the obvious no-play list, and he did an amazing job of reading the crowd and playing music that got people dancing all night long! Dave was really instrumental in creating the party vibe we were hoping for. I really can't recommend No Macarena enough!

Reviewed on 8/26/2016 Kari R

Josh did an amazing job! Before the wedding, he helped us with ideas for how to make the reception events run really smoothly. He played everything we asked for and also paced the evening really well - everything was perfectly timed. We have gotten so many compliments on how... Read More great the music was, from the pre-ceremony time to dinner to the dance party. The dance floor was literally packed all night! We couldn't have asked for a better experience, thanks!

Reviewed on 8/25/2016

No Macarena was exceptional and I recommend them to everyone and anyone. Their DJ was professional with great people skills/customer service skills. I have no complaint other than I wish my wedding was longer to enjoy the music and dance! Also- the price is just right!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Devon S

DJ Darrel did an amazing job at our wedding! People were up and dancing before the salads were served, and stayed up until the last song of the night. Thanks to No Macarena for making our wedding the party we were looking for.

Reviewed on 7/16/2016 Elizabeth B

My wife Nora and I worked with Joe on our wedding and were absolutely thrilled. Joe is incredibly professional and brings a great level of fun to the party. We shared a detailed list of our musical tastes in advance and he perfectly captured who were are as a couple, and even... Read More more importantly, Joe read our crowd and kept the party going all night. Joe went above and beyond to ensure the whole evening ran smoothly. He worked with our venue to make sure speeches went as scheduled and everything went off without a hitch. Our day was truly perfect and we couldn't have done it without Joe!

Great DJ

Reviewed on 1/06/2016 Amanda H

We had Joe as our dj for our wedding. We met with him beforehand to go over the details for the evening and the floor plan of the building. He was very easy to work with. He had no issue shortening some of the songs that we had picked. He checked in with me throughout the night... Read More to keep moving through the timeline that I had set out for the evening. When I requested certain songs he played them asap. We asked for certain songs and artists to not be played, and he did not play them. They truly do not play any line dances which is fantastic. I definitely recommend this company. He was not overpowering like most djs I looked at and they are reasonably priced.

Fabulous playlist

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

Kim provided music for both our wedding ceremony and reception. We were looking for someone who would play the music we like and she certainly delivered! Based on some of our requests she created a fabulous playlist. Prior to the wedding she was very easy to work with and... Read More flexible to our changing needs. She was very professional, fun, and unobtrusive during the wedding, and we received nothing but compliments about the music she played.

Amazing DJ!!!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2015

Evan was amazing! He was super responsive and helped guide us in developing an amazing dance floor music mix. He respected our choices and was open to taking requests. He was on point with timing of music during toasts and then he got the dance floor hopping. Friends are still... Read More telling us that we had one of the best DJs they had ever seen and the music was amazing. Our dance floor was never empty.

Perfect night!

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Evelyn S

I can not say enough great things about No Macarena and our DJ Dave. We spoke to him once or twice on the phone before the event (he was easy to get in touch with) and met in person at the Wedding. He played everything for the ceremony that we asked and exactly on cue. Our... Read More reception was awesome and it was largely because the music was exactly on point and what we had requested. The dance floor was full the entire night. Dave has a great personality - he interjected himself when necessary to move the night along but he never made himself the center of attention. We were extremely impressed as were all of our guests. Thank you very much!

Service was great!

Reviewed on 9/10/2015 Christine C

We worked with Joe from No Macarena and he was wonderful! Upon request, he gave us suggestions for specific songs, picked types of music for the whole evening based off a couple suggestions, was really easy to touch base with prior to our wedding. The best part, though, was that... Read More Joe made the reception run very smoothly, as far as timing of speeches, etc and checking in with us (bride and groom) regarding flow of the evening. We would ask Joe to be our DJ again in a heartbeat!

Great DJ!

Reviewed on 8/14/2015 Lauren H

We used No Macarena for our wedding reception in August 2015 in Wilmington, DE. Kim at No Macarena was responsive to my initial email questions and was great to work with. We chose Dave Beck as our DJ for the wedding (cocktail hour and reception). I caught up with Dave a week or... Read More two before the wedding and gave him some general guidelines for the night. We really only gave him a handful of songs that we liked and just stressed that we weren't a fan of group dance songs (YMCA, etc). When it came to the night of the wedding Dave did an amazing job. He judged the crowd and kept people on the dance floor for the entire night. My dad was hesitant about hiring a DJ throughout the wedding process, but Dave won him over with his DJing skills. We highly recommend No Macarena and Dave Beck!

Reviewed on 7/30/2015 Amy C

DJ Evan Hoffman was amazing! We met with him before booking and we knew he was a perfect fit for our wedding. Evan was enthusiastic, attentive, and was genuinely happy to be part of our special day. We gave him a long list of songs we wanted to play during cocktail hour,... Read More dinner, and dancing and he played every single one of them without hesitation. He also seemed to find the perfect sequence for our song list and played each song at the right moment. When our venue offered an extra hour for our reception due to problems with the air conditioner, Evan was more than willing to stay. We made this extra time “all request hour “ and Evan played every one of our guests’ requests, even more obscure songs. Everyone commented on how great the music was thanks to Evan. He truly went above and beyond for us. Thank you for making our day so much fun, Evan!

Reviewed on 6/24/2015

DJ Evan in the hizouse! I think it's safe to say that everyone enjoyed the music selection. People went out of their way many times to mention Evan directly and the music. Not to mention his attitude, which is awesomely positive and much needed for the potentially stressful time... Read More surrounding the wedding. He made it very easy for us to work with him and we would totally recommend him to anyone. He listened to all our suggestions and must-play lists. Great Job! Great time. Thank Evan!

Reviewed on 6/23/2015 Katie R

We worked with No Macarena for our wedding this May, and they were perfect! The music was always at an appropriate volume (which was very important to us, since we've been to many weddings where you can't hold conversations during the dinners!). Our DJ worked with us to put... Read More together a playlist of our desired songs along with similar ones, and also worked with us to make sure he had all of the wording and name pronunciation correct for our introductions. He was extremely professional and courteous. Their rates were very reasonable to boot! Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 5/30/2015 Stef A

My wedding ROCKED thanks to DJ Evan from No Macarena. He knew what to play when to get the crowd going and everyone was on the dance floor from dinner until the end of the night. He stuck to the playlist, talked minimally and when he did it only got the crowd going more. I... Read More highly recommend them. Note: I booked with Kim, the owner, nearly a year in advance and she assigned me another DJ who I spoke with and got references for. About two weeks before the wedding, Kim emailed to tell me there was a change and Evan would be our DJ. I was a bit nervous, but Evan made me feel better immediately by responding quickly to my intro email, agreeing to meet me to review our songs and just bring overall friendly, helpful and awesome. It couldn't have worked out any better. And our friends raved about the music, how much fun they had, and that they hadn't danced that much in a long time!

Absolutely Amazing!!

Reviewed on 4/27/2015 Lisa K

I worked with Kim Alexander to book everything and plan the music. She responded to my inquiries very quickly and answered all of my questions up front without any hassle or appointment scheduling. She was amazing to work with and her set list was exactly what I was looking for... Read More that night (70s, 80s and 90s with a couple modern day songs sprinkled in here or there). She had our dance floor bouncing the whole night and I honestly couldn't have hoped for a better DJ experience. It is two days after my wedding and I'm still sore from dancing so much! All of my guests are still messaging me about how much fun they had that night as well. Thank you so much for making my wedding reception so memorable, Kim!

Great DJ, even better music

Reviewed on 3/29/2015 Laura M

My husband and I are so happy we chose No Macarena as our DJ. Our musical taste can be a little different than what you may hear at other weddings. Kim worked with us to create a memorable playlist and our guests had a wonderful time dancing during the reception. Kim was... Read More extremely professional and kept the spotlight on the wedding and celebration, only guiding the guests when necessary. We were so happy to hear so many of the songs we wanted to hear be played on the actual day. I think No Macarena is a fantastic value with great musical taste.

Best Decision

Reviewed on 12/30/2014 Shannon O

No Macarena is one of the best decisions we made. We wanted some very particular music played to capture the vibe of our wedding and we were worried that your typical "run of the mill" DJ wouldn't be able to accommodate or execute it the right way. What a breath of fresh air it... Read More was to find No Macarena. It sounded too good to be true - the style of music and the service that we wanted wrapped up together. Kim was excellent to work with and handled all of our reservations, payments and music requests. Dave Beck was our DJ and we were able to meet him beforehand so we felt comfortable with who would be the MC for our night. We had a few unique requests, (a game for our guests to play) that Dave handled like a true professional. Our guests had a great time and Dave really knew the right songs to appeal to the entire crowd and get everybody up dancing. He was a very friendly and easy-going guy and made us feel very at ease and comforted. The one thing I was worried about was the timing of the music for the ceremony but Dave managed to time it perfectly - he had everything under control. Truly a great guy and a great company. If I ever need a DJ for an event - I know who I'm calling.