Fully customizable & affordable World Class band

Tired of boring old wedding bands? The Nola Dukes Band is different... Formerly known as the Royal Dukes, the newly revamped Nola Dukes offer music that will fill your dance floor, inspired by the greatest of New Orleans remarkable music culture, as well as the greatest dance hits of today and the past. They can also provide Second Line parade options for your special day if you really want the whole Nola experience! Their musicians are deeply ingrained in the local New Orleans music scene, and perform alongside local legends such as Aaron Neville, G Love, and Marc Broussard to name a few. Best of all, they are self-managed, so you pay a fraction of the price for a band in this quality bracket.

Instruments

Accordion, Banjo, Bugle, Cello, Fiddle, Flute, Guitar, Harmonica, Harp, Keyboard, Mandolin, Organ, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Steel Drum, Trombone, Trumpet, Ukulele, Violin, Vocals

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Klezmer, Latin, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

New Orleans and state-wide Louisiana (504) 534-5768

Reviewed on 5/17/2016

What a WONDERFUL band! At every step of the wedding planning, working with this band was a pleasure. Randi always responded promptly and with warmth and consideration. I always felt like I knew what was going on with the band and their planning, which is nice in the crazy... Read More process that is wedding planning! They learned two new songs for our first dance and our family dance, and they rocked the night away; the fact that none of my friends took pictures because they danced the WHOLE wedding speaks to how good the band was. And that they ended our night with a second line-- so memorable. It was such a pleasure to have them as part of our wedding!

The BEST NOLA band!!!

Reviewed on 5/08/2015 Jourdana P

I wish I could pick more stars!! Music was one of the most important aspects to us as we planned our wedding, so we were picky.. We listened to bands, we read hundreds of reviews, we asked other newlyweds for their advise. I randomly found out about the Royal Dukes because of... Read More an advertisement on theknot.com that was sent to my email address. My husband and I went to their showcase in downtown New Orleans, and we KNEW they were the band we had to have at our wedding! Randi is beyond fabulous to work with during this stressful (yet exciting) time!! Our wedding was so special because of everything she did for us. For instance, the band only learns 3 songs for you, but my father is a wounded warrior, and they specifically learned a Bob Marley song "three little birds" to play at our wedding for him. (Even though they already had to learn 3 other songs for us) We saw them play multiple times over the planning process and they never ceased to amaze us. One minute, they play a CeeLo Green song, the next, they are playing "My girl" and Frank Sinatra. The band is extremely talented and will make your wedding one to remember. We had multiple compliments on our band choice. Not to mention, they are very affordable, which is nice when you are working within a certain budget. I am so glad we picked the Royal Dukes to share this special day with us, they made it an extraordinary one!!

Royal Dukes: Professional, Organized, Talented and Amazingly Fun!

Reviewed on 4/07/2015 Molly R

My wife and I live in Philadelphia but got married in her home city of New Orleans in March. Having a band to play our reception was at the top of my priority list as the groom - especially one with the range to play contemporary dance music, classic songs and special personal... Read More tunes as well as the New Orleans sound. I wasn't sure if we could find all of that in one package but Royal Dukes Band in New Orleans was unbelievable and totally exceeded our expectations. Planning logistics and communicating with the band is made simple with the individualized event prep page. Not only did Ryan and Randi provide timely and friendly responses during the planning stages, the band added a few songs to their repertoire based on our interests for night of. They also arranged a beautiful set for the ceremony, including a special request for the bride's processional, and brought in a few extra surprise musicians for the second line! Their professionalism and sound were both outstanding! The Royal Dukes operation spans across multiple cities and the band members vary depending on details like size and availability. This means the "product" is flexible and you don't necessarily communicate with the lead singer until the night of but every musician and singer in our 8-pc was top notch and so easy to work with. They performed some songs from favorite artists we only listed as examples of our music tastes and didn't expect to hear (Little Dragon) ...and they crushed it! Randi is super great when it comes to customer service and planning a specialized experience for customers. We highly recommend working with Royal Dukes on any special event and wish we could do it again!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Caitlin H

The Dukes were absolutely fantastic -- they truly exceeded our expectations!! We were looking for a great band that wasn't your average wedding band.... and they nailed it. "Hurricane" Nate and our incompetent Mayor put a significant damper on and condensed the timelines of... Read More our celebration but more than anything else everyone commented on how awesome our band was! They performed our first song - "Lovely Day" and were also able to accommodate a particularly funky version of "Aint it funky now" by James Brown. Everyone ended up on the dance floor while they belted out a handful of wedding standards and a large number of high energy surprises that kept the party going. We look forward to re-living our Day at one of their showcase shows at the Little Gem for our First Anniversary!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Ellen B

Randi and Nola Dukes were absolutely everything we could of hoped for! With just a few simple suggestions and a bit of guidance, they seemed to entirely understand our music senses and translate it into a fantastic set that had everyone dancing and enjoying themselves. The range... Read More of genres was exactly what we were looking for - everything from songs by the Black Crowes to Bruno Mars, and their Jackson 5 medley still has me blown away. When in New Orleans, you need a horns section, and Nola Dukes is sure to deliver on that front! Randi was incredibly engaging and sweet, the perfect MC/host, and not to mention killer vocals (did I mention the Jackson 5 medley?!). Many of my family members are musicians themselves and are still raving about Nola Dukes. There is not one single thing I would change in terms of music or Nola Dukes at our wedding. They picked up the vibe we wanted instantly and had as much fun with it as we were having. From leading up to the event and all of our interactions, to day of and after - not a single critique. It all was extraordinary!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Jonah L

Nola Dukes was great! It was very easy to book them and plan every detail. We had a string duo during the ceremony, jazz trio for cocktails and a full compliment for the dancing following dinner. They were very talented and everyone loved heir music! Thanks to Randi and all... Read More the guys for making our wedding extra special.

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Michele F

Our wedding guests are still talking about how our wedding band was the best they've ever seen. Randi is an absolute gem to work with. Best money spent hands down. Don't wait, book! You'll be so happy that you did!

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Julia K

NOLA Dukes was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding last November! Randi was great to work with and customized our package to fit in our budget and be exactly what we were looking for. The band has such a huge impact on the wedding, and the NOLA dukes made it SO... Read More much fun. We also used them for our ceremony musicians and for the cocktail hour and it was so easy to coordinate everything with one person. Our guests still talk about how awesome the band was, and one of our friends even joined the band for an impromptu song! Thank you for everything!

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Lindsey P

I can't even put into words how amazing the NOLA Dukes were for our wedding last weekend! They provided the music for our ceremony, reception, and second line and were so phenomenal that our out of town guests kept coming up to me the next day saying it was the best wedding... Read More they'd ever been to. Randi was very easy to work with and went to the trouble of learning a new song for our first dance. They did a great job of playing to the audience, starting with quieter music during cocktail hour and passed apps and then getting the crowd excited and dancing. The night ended with a bang when the band and second line all came together to get our guests really pumped up to second line through the french quarter. I was hesitant about doing a second line at first, but if I can give any brides any advice....do it, and book it through NOLA Dukes!!

Reviewed on 9/04/2017 Anna P

Nola Dukes was awesome at our New Year's Eve wedding! We changed bands on short notice, and they really came through for us! Randi communicates efficiently and makes the planning process straightforward. The band members were very friendly and professional! They did such a... Read More great job entertaining our guests and keeping them engaged until we rang in the New Year! Thanks for making our wedding such a fun celebration!!!!!

Reviewed on 8/25/2017 Nicki S

Above and beyond. The level of detail was excellent both in written and verbal interactions. Their forms, process, and guidelines were crystal clear. That's the hard skill characteristics that many vendors do poorly. They excel. The soft skills: they are talented entertainers... Read More with the ability to work a room and keep the party HOT. Our wedding days was a weather disaster, but The Dukes made it cross town through a FLOOD to make our day perfect. I'm glad they were ok! And I appreciate them seeing the gig through and being FLAWLESS. If I could throw a party every month, just because, I'd wanna party with them.

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Claudia G

Where to begin! We used NOLA Dukes at our wedding in February 2017, right around Mardi Gras. We had 2 bands, a second line for our ceremony and a jazz band for our reception. Both were amazing and really brought home our wedding weekend. Randi is truly a magical person, she... Read More heard everything we had to say and curated this wonderful day, even helping to organize our wedding timeline. She was fun and professional, even handled some noise complaints at our venue with Cindy the Degas House manager - without disturbing our fun. Our guests can’t stop talking about how amazing the band was, truly memorable.

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Cathy W

NOLA Dukes was awesome! My participants loved the band and the energy they gave off was AMAZING. I had a great experience dealing with Randi from the beginning of my planning and the performance was the icing on my cake. If I am ever planning another event in New Orleans,... Read More NOLA Dukes is always going to be my first choice for live entertainment!

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Rob I

Awesome all over. Our point of contact, Randi, was extremely responsive and patient in the face of all of my 2000-word emails regarding logistics and details and special requests. We had a few specific, somewhat complicated requests for our first dances, and they all went... Read More without a hitch. The band had great energy and kept everyone dancing all night. We got a lot of positive comments about them from our guests as well. As a bonus, they were an all-in-one package, meaning they were able to provide a string duo for the ceremony and a brass band for the second line (they also handled the route, police and permits for the second line). Hopefully I'll never have to get married again, but if I do, I'm definitely booking the NOLA Dukes again!

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Rachel G

Nola Dukes were the perfect wedding band! Randi, band leader, was a dream to work with, so organized and great communicator. We got so many compliments from guests the day of the wedding on their sound, their style--amazing musicians, who really brought the party! We had fun... Read More dancing to their music and they were loved by all. Highly recommended.

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Rae D

Choosing this band was the best decision ever!! My wedding was almost 2 months ago (sorry for the late review :)), and people are still talking about the music! I am so thankful that they were able to perform, because Randi,. the lead singer, and her husband (guitar) were in a... Read More terrible car accident on the way to set up at my reception! I didn't find out about this until I was on my honeymoon! I am so thankful that everyone was okay and that they were able to still come and blow all my guests away at our reception! I saw them perform twice before my wedding at their show cases in New Orleans and they were just fantastic. Randi is amazing and so quick to respond to email. They were simply wonderful to work with! Book them! You won't regret it :)

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Chelsea C

Where do I even begin...this band was AWESOME. I started listening to a few demo sets from bands rated highly on The Knot, and this was one of the bands that sounded really good across all genres so I reached out for a quote. I don't know what I was expecting from Randi when she... Read More responded, but it certainly wasn't what I got. Randi is the nicest, sweetest, most Southern charming, courteous, prompt, fun people I had the pleasure of working with during the wedding planning process. She has this scheduling thing down to an exact science, y'all. She would call or email me EXACTLY when I was thinking I should ask her some questions, or when I felt I hadn't heard from her in awhile. The entire time, I felt like she was 100% setting me up for success, and that's exactly what she did. The band ended up being toward the upper end of the budget we had set for ourselves, but it was 125% worth it - honestly, I walked away from the night thinking we should have paid more! Excellent value. And Randi treats you like family, she even went so far as sending us a 5-piece band when we had only paid for a 4-piece because "it will sound better with your first dance song". I mean who does that?? Amazing. And the band was just incredible. The basic guidance I gave them was "classic rock, today's hits, pop country, and no bruno mars" and they came back with possibly the best set list of all time. The wedding was almost a month ago and I am STILL getting comments from guests on how awesome they were! Nobody wanted to leave the dance floor, some folks even forgot to eat they were having so much fun! I cannot recommend this band enough. Not only do they 100% deliver on the day-of, but Randi makes the planning process so easy and so effortless, you won't feel like you're doing any work at all.

Reviewed on 6/24/2017 Ashley B

The Nola Dukes crushed it and helped us bring to fruition our dream wedding!! Since we first met in May 2016, it was an absolute pleasure working with Randi and the larger group. We continue to be blown away by how perfect everything came together, and much of this was thanks to... Read More the Nola Dukes for the phenomenal tunes, intuitively reading the crowd, and keeping the dance floor rocking. Our family and friends are still sharing stories with us from the night, and all mention how much they enjoyed the music. We highly recommend checking out the showcase. You'll be hooked if you do as this quickly helped us to make a decision and feel confident about working with the band. Not only are your able to hear the group, but you're able to meet Randi and others, and ask all the questions you have. Last thing, trust their process!! The band doesn't offer you a song selection to pick from, rather they get sense of what you like/don't like and want hear and deliver on that. They kept the tunes rolling one after another, and (while I still don't know how they did it) we loved every song more and more as did our guests.

Reviewed on 6/24/2017 Michelle M

There is not enough I can say about the NOLA Dukes Band and Randi. They were great to work with and so very helpful when trying to decide what type of musicians I needed. They provided music for my ceremony, Second Line Recessional Parade and Jazz Cocktail Hour and a 9 piece... Read More band for my my wedding reception. The weather did not want to cooperate for my outdoor event in Natchez but the band helped me plan ahead and worked with the delays we had due to the weather so I could still have the music I dreamed of having. The one stop shopping was very helpful and Randi's advice on what was needed helped me achieve the music I wanted within a reasonable budget for three set ups. I would defintiely hire them again for any event. They are a great wedding band but would also be fabulous for a Debutante Party or Work Event Party needing great music and ambiance. My ceremony had a keyboardist who played classical music and a trumpet for the Prince of Denmark's March. The Second Line was great for our Recessional Parade to the reception and the 9 piece band (with horns) was great for those who want to dance and for those who just like to sit, mingle and listen. Thank you for making our special day fabulous!

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Lyndsay M

Absolutely top notch, world class band! We recently got married on 04.12.2017, and the NOLA Dukes were one of the main highlights of the day. Not only was Randee a joy to work with, always on hand to help in any way, but her MC service really made the reception atmosphere even... Read More better! From a conga line, to a dance off, to the amazing 6 piece band we had - I don't have enough words to describe how amazing this band truly is. Thank you for making our day even more magical!

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Amy K

BOOK THIS BAND! They are amazing! They played at our wedding a few weeks ago and everyone could not stop dancing. Randi was so nice to work with and her voice is AMAZING! I would recommend them to anyone.

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Meredith R

Nola Dukes were AWESOME. If you have the opportunity to book them, do it immediately. Randi is amazing and the whole band is incredibly talented. All of our guests (including the music snobs) were blown away! Thank you Nola Dukes for making our wedding a truly magical... Read More experience!

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 ALine D

The NOLA Dukes was a more than awesome band. They were the cohesive energy that engineered, contributed, and established a joyous environment for our daughter's wedding. Rumors have it that no one dances without a "drink" but there weren't any. The dance floor stayed crowded.... Read More Those who couldn't boogie were so entertained, they couldn't help but tap their feet and wished they could. Randi, with her insatiable friendly personality, and the band were exuberant in their delivery of songs they helped us select just from our samples of ideas. They catch the personality of the crowd and did exactly what they said they would do, ensuring us their main purpose which was to keep the folks on the dance floor. They were also so flexible, amazingly rare, and an absolute joy to work with. They became part of the family, and I assure you, we are now groupies. The NOLA Dukes can be heard at The Little Gem. Check their schedule and go hear for yourself. We also employed the strings for the ceremony. Gorgeous, creating a romantic atmosphere. When one thinks of the time, training, dedication to study, their knowledge base, professionalism, and moving and packing up all those instruments, of which were two beautiful vocalists, it was worth every penny and more.

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Amanda B

This was easily the best decision we made for any of our Wedding vendors. The NOLA Dukes (especially Randi) made finding and working with a Wedding band fun and painless. Their website is so organized with a step-by-step guide, as well as FAQs. The best part of their website is... Read More the form that you fill out to help customize your band experience for your Wedding day, particularly the part where you list your favorite (and least favorite songs) so they can tailor the perfect set list for you. While the NOLA Dukes ultimately use their experience and talents to design the set list, they want to make the best playlist for YOU, not just what they want to play. Randi was always very responsive and professional in all our communication. We had one last call a couple weeks before our Wedding where we finalized the details and also where Randi asked the right questions to capture the feel of the party. One example of the personal touch was where she made sure to add a certain song to our set-list. since we told her it was the favorite of a special needs relative (which Randi very sweetly dedicated to this relative on the day of the Wedding). As for the music on the Wedding Day- the NOLA Dukes MADE the party. Throughout the course of the night, the dance floor was always full, which was a credit to how great the NOLA Dukes were and how much fun they are. An underrated key part to how they designed the night were the perfect songs they selected to be played during their breaks near the end of the night which kept everyone dancing. We had so many guests (particularly a few of our musically talented friends) rave about how great the band was on our wedding night. We would highly recommend the NOLA Dukes for your Wedding if you want to make it the best day!

Reviewed on 4/25/2017 Cherlyn R

We wanted our band to be spectacular and the NOLA Dukes were just that. Randi was so easy to communicate with and responded very quickly. The were very accommodating by letting my brother and his girlfriend use some of their equipment to perform our first dance song! I would... Read More highly reccommend them to anyone! THEY.ARE.AWESOME.!!!

Meet The Manager

Randi Adlesic

Randi is our delightful front-woman and the manager of the Nola Dukes Band. We love her for her infectious personality and warming smile. Her passion for music is second to none and she will make sure your day (at very least musically...) is a whopping success!