North Carolina Aquarium on Roanoke Island

Manteo, NC

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Add LIfe to Your Special Day!

Located on the Outer Banks of NC, this unique venue offers spectacular sunsets, soundside ceremonies on our expansive lawn or in our grand gazebo at the end of our 200’ pier. Unforgettable wedding receptions surrounded by our curious critters (stingrays, sharks, sea turtles, otters and more).

$$

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Waterfront, Tented

Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

374 Airport Road, PO Box 967, Manteo, NC

Wedding at the Aquarium

Reviewed on 8/24/2015 Carol O

My husband and I got married at the Roanoke Island Aquarium on July 11, 2015. We booked this venue over a year and a half in advance after finding it on the Outer Banks Wedding Association Website. We both have always loved the ocean and the beach so we knew that this would be... Read More the perfect place to get married. Cheryl the event coordinator at the aquarium was great to work with. Because of her and our event coordinator, Beth, our wedding at the aquarium was absolutely spectacular! The ceremony was supposed to be take place on the pier located next to the aquarium; however, unfortunately it rained that day so we had to move inside to the theater for the ceremony. The theater is a very nice room; however, it lacks any special charm so our ceremony wasn't as picturesque as it would have been on the pier. Our reception took place in the shark tank room; which was such a beautiful backdrop for photos and dancing! Our guests were able to explore the entire aquarium throughout the evening. All of our guests no matter what their age absolutely had a blast, many said that it was the best wedding they had ever been to. Note to brides, the one bad thing is that there are several rooms that your guests can enjoy, which makes it very difficult to track down all 140 of your guests and thank them for being there. This isn't a deal breaker by any means, I just wish a former bride had warned me so I would have spent more time thanking my guests and maybe worn more comfortable shoes! Thank you to Cheryl and all of the aquarium staff who helped out with our wedding.

Best Day Ever

Reviewed on 7/10/2014 Amanda W

If you want to wow your guests, and have a great time, I highly recommend renting the Roanoke Island Aquarium as your destination wedding location. We had the best time, and our guests loved it! We made the wedding kid friendly, so they had a great time petting stingrays, and... Read More viewing the wildlife and fish. Dinner was in the shark tank room, and the ceremony was beautiful on the new pier on the sound. Cheryl was great to work with as well! We will never forget our unique, beautiful, wedding!

TO North Carolina Aquarium on Roanoke Island