I am a story teller

I am a story teller. Not only in words and writings.. but in moments. I love my job because it allows me to watch the most moving stories. It gives me a key to a world I may have never even have known of. I get to be in the room with a bride when she’s shaking and breathing slowly; clenching the sides of her gown and practically housing thousands of fluttering butterflies. I stand in front of the groom while he starts to hear the foot steps of his bride coming to make her reveal. I get to witness how unexplainably excited you were when he asked you to spend the rest of your life with him. All the heart pounding, life changing, charming, sweet moments eventually become stories..photos help pass them on..and that is my job; to help you tell your story.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

All of Michigan & Beyond (313) 850-9576

Reviewed on 1/18/2016

Cassie has made me want to plan my wedding over and over again. Not only is her photography stunning and talent out of this world, but her personality and passion really make her one of the most incredible people I have ever had the pleasure of being around. Cassie made what can... Read More be considered one of the most stressful parts of wedding planning an absolute pleasure. Even with different venue changes, frantic emails from me, and only a few month’s notice, she continually amazed me! I loved looking forward to talking to her and her professionalism is above the rest with how collected and organized she made everything. My husband and I are not ones who like being in front of the camera, but about 10 minutes into our engagement session we felt more comfortable than ever. On our wedding day, despite the cold and windy weather, she excitedly trekked downtown Detroit with us and made sure we had all of the shots we wanted while also directing and getting photos I never would have dreamed of. It’s been over two months and I still look at our album every single day. I am so honored to have her mark on such a special day and cannot wait to do more sessions with her. Cassie is not only talented, driven, focused, and professional but also full of contagious laughter and happiness. She is the kind of person you want around during stressful times, but also on the happiest day of your life.

2016-01-18T22:33:48 Response from the vendor

Chyane, I cannot tell you how humbled and gracious I am for your kind words. You and Jeremy will forever be one of my favorite couples. Thank you so much for letting me be apart of your day! Looking forward to a long future together... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Paige H

OH MY GOODNESS IS SHE AMAZING! There is really no bad thing to say when it comes to Cassie. As I read the other reviews, I couldn't agree more with them. Cassie truly is a talented photographer and it still stuns me that I was able to have met her. She really made me and my... Read More fiance feel comfortable and laugh uncontrollably, on top of her superb professionalism. We just got married Friday and the photos she already edited our AMAZING! And there is still more to come, and I cant wait! Thank you again Cassie, you are blessing and I hope nothing more than your success and happiness. xoxooxoxoxoxo

2017-06-13T18:01:30 Response from the vendor

Paige!! YOU ARE AMAZING! You and Justin will forever go down as one of my favorite couples. I had so much fun being apart of your day. You made me feel like one of the family and what a super awesome family to be apart... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Ani A

The way Cassie conducts her business is perfect. Simple stuff like accepting payments online, open communication and providing access to your photos. With Cassie, I never worried about the outcome of the final photos. Cassie found a way to perfectly capture exactly how we wanted... Read More our wedding to feel. Cassie was nothing short of professional, talented and kind. Her style is a combination of casual, warm, real, natural, beautiful, journalistic If you’re looking for a photographer, that you can trust without a second thought, call Cassie. I had no doubt in my mind that Cassie would be able to make our wedding day look warm, rich, casual, fun, emotional, magical and overall like a J.Crew dream wedding. Book this woman now, She’s in the corner, capturing incredibly natural situations. Cassie knows how to make everyone feel comfortable while arranging family portraits. Cassie will blow you away with what she’s able to capture. If you’re looking for someone who will do their best to stick with your set budget, and still get incredible photos — call Cassie. A link to our wedding photos >>>> bit.ly/AniDustin

2017-06-13T17:57:38 Response from the vendor

Ani, you are Dustin were a privilege to work for. I loved your brunch wedding more than I can even explain!! I did however love you guys much more than the delicious waffles and that is saying A LOT. Thank you for trusting me, being... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 2/23/2017 Alexandra A

Cassie did an amazing job with my wedding photos! She was everything I hoped for and more! 💗 Everything turned out amazing!!!

2017-06-13T17:49:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Alex!!! You were so beautiful. <3

Reviewed on 1/01/2017 Emily J

If there were 10 stars allowed I'd give Cassie them. She was amazing to work with and her work is absolutely breathtaking! Not only was she great to work with but she is a great person who we hope to remain friends with. She goes above and beyond and attends the rehearsal to... Read More get a feel for the space and family , which made everyone feel special! We love her!

2017-06-13T17:54:53 Response from the vendor

You are one of the most adorable humans I have ever had the pleasure to meet! You are stunning from the inside out and I had great pride in being your wedding photographer. I am very excited to remain friends as well :)

Reviewed on 11/18/2016 Brooke C

Cassie is seriously fantastic at what she does and makes the experience so much fun! She helped direct us in poses, perfectly capturing our laughter and emotions throughout the shoot. I absolutely loved working woth her and I know you will too! Thank you Cassie for the great... Read More engagement session!

2017-01-04T17:26:53 Response from the vendor

Oh thank you so much for your kind words!!! I had a blast working with you!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Rebecca B

Stop now, save yourself the time because you have found your event photographer here. Cassie was just incredible. I am in love with my pictures. She made more than enough time for me in my bridezilla state which helped put my mind at peace. Thank you so much!!

2016-10-28T15:06:48 Response from the vendor

Beck you were FAR from a bridezilla! Haha! Thank you so much for your kind words, I loved working with you and your family and I had the best time!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Natalie W

My now husband and I are beyond satisfied that we chose Cassie to be our photographer! Cassie puts her heart into what she does, and we felt incredibly blessed that we found her! She never failed to make us laugh. She even hiked my husband's hunting property (wet marsh in the... Read More middle of March in Michigan) to capture the perfect photos of us for our engagement shoot. She went through every detail with us to be sure that everything went smoothly. She also came to our rehearsal (about an hour drive for her!) to scope out the perfect spots at our venue for our photos. Cassie is THE BEST!! I highly recommend her for anyone who is looking for a photographer who is personable, detail oriented, punctual, hilarious, etc. You will not be disappointed if Cassie is your photographer!

2017-06-13T17:53:33 Response from the vendor

Natalie, I cannot even begin to express how much fun I had capturing your big day! You and Nate made me feel so comfortable! Thanks for accepting my strange humor and trusting me to tell your story<3

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Benjamin S

During our wedding there were so many moving pieces that the day became like a blur, especially for me and my wife. We asked Cassie to capture the day, and she far exceeded our expectations in every way possible. After getting our photos back, the day became very clear to us,... Read More and we couldn't be any happier with how they turned out. All day, Cassie was very kind, and patient with photo requests from us and from our family members. She also captured several pictures, not only of us, but of our guests enjoying their time. Our wedding day was so special, and Cassie's gift in photography was the turning point, making our spectacular day memorable. Thank you so much Cassie, we love and appreciate you!

2016-10-28T15:10:01 Response from the vendor

Ben, Thank you so much for this review! You and Becca are a perfect match and being a witness to your big day was a gift! Thank you to you and your family members for making me feel so comfortable and at ease! It was... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Lindsey N

Cassie!!! How do I put into words how grateful I am that you were there to capture my memories!! I am so thankful for you; not only as my photographer but my friend! Seth and I really appreciate everything that you've done for us!! Looking forward to many more years good times... Read More and great memories!

2016-10-28T15:08:40 Response from the vendor

I love you Lindsey!!! I was so honored that you and Seth had me be apart of your special day in this capacity! I can't believe that it's already over!! I am looking forward to all that is ahead as well.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Alysha M

Hands down the best! So flexible! Our photos turned out wonderful! You can trust her completely! I felt so comfortable and at ease with Cassie. I feel like my emotions are wrapped up in these images. Prices were fantastic and you get the best for your money! I highly recommend!

2016-10-28T15:07:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words!! You and Mario belong together and it was a joy to capture you!!

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Sara B

Cassie shot our bridal session and it was nothing short of perfect! She made every moment so fun and easy. I would highly recommend Cassie for your big day!!!!

2016-10-28T15:07:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you darling!! You are incredible!!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Leah G

Cassie went above and beyond for my husband and me at our wedding!! She captured everything and has such a wonderful presence about her. No one can beat her.

2016-09-29T17:49:44 Response from the vendor

Thank you Leah! You're the best!!

Reviewed on 9/02/2016 Mary G

Cassie is insanely talented. She captured the essence our wedding day perfectly. We could not be happier with our results. Her attention to detail makes me feel like I am reliving my wedding all over again when I look at my pictures. It is such a treasure to have these amazing... Read More photos to remember the day by. She truly went above and beyond. Cassie was so easy to work with and her laid-back personality made everyone feel comfortable. After she left our wedding that night, my guests were raving about her... and they hadn't even seen any of her pictures yet! I cannot praise her services enough. I HIGHLY recommend Northern Native Photography.

2016-09-29T17:49:13 Response from the vendor

Oh Mary! Thank you so much for these wonderful words of kindness. I adored working with you and Joel and your entire family. Your weddings will forever be a stand out to me. From the moment we first spoke I knew that you were a... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Jenn P

Cassie is AMAZING!! She did a bridal session for us because it snowed on our wedding day and was freezing outside so we didn't get many pictures. She was so fun and down to earth! She made sure we got all the shots we wanted! Her turn around time was quick and we loved all the... Read More pictures!! Her pricing is awesome for her amazing quality of work! She will definitely be our family photographer from now on!

2016-09-29T17:47:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words!! I loved working with you both and cannot wait to work with you in the future. Congratulations again!

Reviewed on 8/12/2016 Avery D

Cassie, of Northern Native Photography is AMAZING! My fiancee and I were having trouble finding a photographer who was in our price range, and had the style of photography that we were looking for. I wanted someone who's photography style was up to date, and Cassie take... Read More absolutely breathtaking photos! We received so many compliments on our wedding and engagement photos. When I first contacted Cassie to inquire about her services, she responded so quickly, and she worked so well with us to plan a time to meet that would fit into our schedule. She is very professional, but also very relaxed, and made us feel at ease about the whole process. It was a joy to meet with her before the wedding, for our engagement photos, and for our wedding festivities. It was also very easy to get in touch with her. It rained (badly) on the day of our wedding, but you can't tell by looking at the photo. They turned out perfectly, and she very kindly offered to meet with the two of us another time after the wedding to take bride and groom shots since we were unable to take them on the day of the wedding, due to the rain. I seriously cannot recommend Northern Native Photography more! Cassie is so kind, and wonderful to work with! Her presence at our wedding made the day even that much more special, and we are so pleased that we have beautiful photos to cherish for the rest of our lives!

2016-08-22T15:15:11 Response from the vendor

Avery!! You have made me tear up with this review. I loved being apart of your special day. You and Josh were a dream to work with and your family went out of their way to make me feel comfortable. I know they say rain... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Margaret J

Hiring Cassie was one of the best decisions we made while planning our wedding. From our first meeting, we knew that she was the perfect fit for our special day. She is incredibly flexible and was always willing to work with us. She was willing to try any idea we had and even... Read More took a few family photos at our rehearsal dinner. By the day of our wedding, Cassie had become like family. It was so comfortable and easy to have her photograph us. Our wedding day turned out to be one of the hottest days of the summer ( 97 and 80% humidity) but you would never be able to tell because of the skill and patience that Cassie and Melanie showed. We have received so many compliments on our wedding pictures, and on how professional and polite our photographers were. Working with Northern Native Photography was constantly a joy and made our day even more special by capturing those priceless moments. We know that for all of life’s upcoming adventures that we want to have captured, we will keep coming back to Northern Native Photography, and that our friendship with Cassie will last a lifetime.

2016-08-22T15:12:48 Response from the vendor

Oh Meg, you and Josh were a joy to work with! You made me feel like family and your generosity along with overwhelming kindness left a lasting impression on me! Thank you for your personalized gift, your easy going spirit and your kind words. Thank... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Samantha C

Absolutely wonderful! Cassie and her assistant were with us the entire day from getting ready through to the reception. She captured every special moment and even edited specific pictures with unique effects at our request.

2016-06-16T17:57:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words Sam! It was an absolute pleasure working with you and Cody. You made us feel confident and comfortable. So happy for the both of you!

Reviewed on 7/19/2015

Cassie did my wedding just a week ago and it was amazing! She was so laid back but very fun to work with. I have seen some previews of our pictures and cannot wait to see the rest of them!! Thanks for being a great photographer!

2015-07-20T07:47:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your sweet words Jamie! I had a blast being able to share in your day with you and James! You and your family were so welcoming and a great time. I've never seen better dancing in my life! Pleasure to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/30/2015 Amanda C

Cassandra was such a pleasure to work with! I was thriled when she was able to shoot our wedding because I had seen some of her pictures before and I loved her creativity and her attention to detail! She is friendly and professional and goes out of her way to make everyone... Read More comfortable. My husband hates getting his photo taken and Cassie was so great in working with him. Cassie also met with us before the wedding and was in constant contact to see if we had any new ideas and was always available with any concerns. She even created a Pinterest board so that we could pin some shots that we would like to do. I would recommend Native Northern Photography for not only weddings, but engagements, family shoots, and baby shoots!

2015-07-15T12:49:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Amanda! It was an honor to be able to share in and capture your special day. I cannot imagine it going any smoother than it did. You were a dream and looked so lovely, you made my job easy! Congratulations again!

Cassandra Tackett

My name is Cassandra Tackett, but friends and family call me Cassie! I have been born and raised in the great and beautiful state of Michigan. I am a huge family gal, and I am not ashamed to say I am a crazy dog lady. I love to travel and I am willing to go anywhere and everywhere. Seriously, take me with you. I love to have a good time, I adore humans and weddings are the perfect opportunity to make 100 friends in one day. I am interested in building relationships and telling the world about extraordinary people through creativity and photo journalistic imagery.