I am a story teller

I am a story teller. Not only in words and writings.. but in moments. I love my job because it allows me to watch the most moving stories. It gives me a key to a world I may have never even have known of. I get to be in the room with a bride when she’s shaking and breathing slowly; clenching the sides of her gown and practically housing thousands of fluttering butterflies. I stand in front of the groom while he starts to hear the foot steps of his bride coming to make her reveal. I get to witness how unexplainably excited you were when he asked you to spend the rest of your life with him. All the heart pounding, life changing, charming, sweet moments eventually become stories..photos help pass them on..and that is my job; to help you tell your story.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

All of Michigan & Beyond (313) 850-9576

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Cherrelle S

It’s been a few days since my wedding and before any other ‘thank you’ went out, I am leaving this 5++++ star review for Cassie. She is truly the most amazing person, photographer, and everything in between. From the beginning of my wedding planning process she has been... Read More nothing but the best. I first fell in love with the vibe of her Instagram account and then realized that she is just as cool in person as she is on film. That is just to start! Before the wedding, she made multiple efforts to get to know my fiancé and I. She was genuinely interested in our story and especially our dog :). We bonded over target, coffee and beautiful wedding inspo. From then on she became a friend and no longer just our wedding photographer. Our engagement session was everything I dreamed of and more. She took my general vision and made it look like we walked out of an urban outfitters ad. It was a freezing cold day but she never complained once, only light hearted and comforting. I was bummed about the cloudy day (not really because it was so moody and beautiful) and Cassie knew that. She suggested we try again on a sunnier more golden day. So not only did we get our entire engagement session completed but she followed through and took more photos later on so I could have my “one perfect golden photo” and by 1 I mean 25+. During the wedding weekend, my worst fear came true..... rain! I was anxious to see the weather report turn to rain a week before the wedding because the majority of my ceremony and reception was supposed to take place outdoors on Lake Michigan. Cassie sent me encouraging texts throughout the week letting me know that no matter what happened she would capture it and it would be beautiful nonetheless. Of course she was right. It rained- yes, but you wouldn’t have known if there weren’t cute umbrellas in some pictures. Again, she never complained. In fact, we were joking and making light of the situation most of the day. One of my favorite memories from the weekend was my wedding coordinator asking if we were friends at the rehearsal. She asked because she said we seem more like friends than a bride and her photographer. That is exactly what I love so much about Cassie. She is a friend to her brides and treats them with love and respect. She kept sensitive to my situation the entire day and went beyond her job as a photographer to hold my sopping wet dress, carry my bouquet and umbrella, stop to tell me how happy she was for me and cried with me when I first read my vows out loud. When I woke up the next morning, I had a text with a link to a sneak peak of our wedding photos. MAGICAL. The only word I can find to describe them. Every single one captures the essence of our day and for that I will never be able to thank her enough. If you are even questioning wether or not you should send Cassie a message, I would be willing to bet that you will never regret the decision if you do. It doesn’t get better than her folks. To Cassie- thank you. ✨

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Karolina B

Do yourself a favor and book Northern Native IMMEDIATELY! We wish there was a 10 star option. We have been absolutely blown away by the level of client service, kindness, professionalism and fun all wrapped into the perfect package that is Cassie. She made every step of the way... Read More easy breezy and kept us laughing even when we may have felt stressed by other parts of our big day. Word of caution, booking Cassie may cause you to develop a slight obsession, her work is absolutely stunning and will cause you to check her new work obsessively in anticipation for your own wedding day, but don't worry, her frequent communication with you helps you realize you are not alone in your excitement. From your very first client meeting to the sneak peek of your wedding photos, Cassie makes you feel like you are her top priority and only client (even though she is definitely one busy lady). There are few ways to describe the feeling you get when someone captures you and your partner perfectly, but Cassie did just that. Working with Northern Native was the best decision we made throughout the entire wedding planning process and we leave the experience knowing we have incredible photos and a wonderful new friend.

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Leanna N

Cassie is not only a fantastic person to be around, but she is an incredibly remarkable photographer! My husband and I had a session with her and not only did I adore the photos (and set them as the wallpaper on every device) but I would do it over and over again just to be able... Read More to hang out again. It's impossible to be nervous in front of her camera because you will be too busy laughing at her jokes and references to parks and rec. I adore that she is all about getting to know her couples so she can tell their story, rather than just take photos. If there were 100 stars, I would give them all to Cassie. I get so thrilled when she shares new work because it just keeps getting better and better. (Somehow that's possible.) Booking her for your wedding will be the best decision because she will quickly become a friend and not just a vendor. 10/10 recommend Cassie to anyone looking for authentic photos that tell a story.

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Alexandra F

I cannot say enough about Cassie . All I can say is you will be lucky to have her. Her style, her friendliness and compassion, she was a joy to work with. When we grow our family I will be using Cassie for every photography need in the future. She is fantastic. Zachary our... Read More videographer was amazing too

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Deidra E

Cassie is remarkable!!!! She shot my engagement pictures, family portraits, wedding pictures and wedding video. The pictures were beautifully raw. I loved how effortless it was to be in front of the lens because she would always make me laugh and feel comfortable. Cassie is so... Read More passionate about photography, she gave me a 30 second video and roughly 25 photographs the night of my wedding as a "sneak peek"..... WOW! She was also quick to respond to emails and text messages which reduced the stress leading up to the wedding. Seriously, she's the best and is the only photographer I trust :)

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Jessie K

Cassie, how do we even begin to thank you?!?!?! Jon and I are not people who take a lot of photos, we never dreamed about what our wedding would look like, or thought about the photographs that would be taken. We aren’t easy clients, not because of our expectations, but because... Read More we couldn’t give her a clear image of what we wanted, poses, etc. Luckily, we didn’t need a clear image. Cassie is so unbelievably talented and dedicated to her work that she was able to deliver regardless of our lack of guidance. First and foremost, when we took engagement photos she drove 3 hours across the state of Michigan in order to meet us in person and capture just an hour of photographs. Cassie attended our rehearsal dinner without us asking. She is so dedicated to her work that she attended our rehearsal dinner to ensure that she could capture everything perfectly the day of our wedding. The day of our wedding, she showed up early to get detailed shots of invitations, accessories, etc and stayed later to ensure she captured our favorite photos- the ones she took at sunset. Cassie is one of the most genuine human beings that you will find as a photographer. She will laugh, cry, & encourage you. This is the reason she is able to capture such authentic photographs. Thank you for everything Cassie!

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Shelley M

Cassie has been absolutely amazing from the first moment I reached out to her well over a year ago. She is always welcoming, funny, and professional the whole way through from the first meeting to the wedding day. My photos are beyond beautiful and I couldn't be any happier.... Read More Every one of my family and friends have gone out of their way to comment on how wonderful the photos from both my engagement photo shoot and my wedding day turned out. I cannot recommend Cassie enough to anyone that is looking for your perfect photographer!!

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Joselyne N

Real quick: before reading this just do yourself a favor, quit the search and BOOK with Cassie! You won't regret it! There aren't enough words to say how amazing Cassie is. When booking with her you don't just get a photographer. You get a friend. We met up for my consultation... Read More at a coffee shop. We talked and laughed and next thing you know, 3 hours had gone by! She is nice and funny and extremely thoughtful. She truly cares to establish a connection with her clients. My group was very sarcastic and she instantly knew what kind of group she was working with but also kept it very professional. She is SOOOOOO passionate about her work. After our 12 hour long wedding she went home and still prepared a sneak peek for me to view the NEXT morning! You can tell she's just as excited to see her work of art as you are. Her work... you honestly have to let that speak for itself. They say a picture is worth a thousand words and that is exactly what Cassie does. She captures true stories and moments. Every picture is so real and so beautifully edited. I will be booking with Cassie for any future events I will have.

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Courtney T

I keep stalling on writing this review because words just cannot do adequate justice for how amazing Cassie is! My background is in art, and so the photography was the one thing in the wedding process that I was very picky about. Cassie's personality shined through from her very... Read More first email detailing her prices. An engagement session is part of her package, and I loved the idea of having the same photographer capturing both those moments and the wedding day. However, my husband and I live in Washington, D.C. and also felt strongly about having our engagement session in the city where we fell in love. What did Cassie do?? Take a road trip to the Mid-Atlantic! It was so much fun dancing on the National Mall and waving to tourists at the Jefferson Memorial and having her there to capture all of this! She answered all of my emails leading up to the wedding in a timely manner and even gave some great location suggestions (since it's been a few years since I have lived in my hometown of Detroit). My entire bridal party felt so comfortable with her on our wedding day. She mentioned that she would send 5-6 photos the day after the wedding. Imagine my surprise when I received 30+ photos instead. And all of them FABULOUS! We just received our entire suite of photos, and I probably look at them every day. I have received so many compliments about the exquisite quality of our photos. You will have no regrets about working with Cassie. She is an amazing person who takes absolutely amazing photographs. Cassie, we can't thank you enough!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Andrea M

Cassie is seriously amazing! She not only does a fantastic job, but is also so fun to work with. My husband really does not like taking photos at all, but Cassie made him feel so comfortable that his reactions always looked genuine and never posed. We had an engagement session... Read More as part of our package, which was a great way to get to know her and how she likes to do things. She even helped me create my Save-the-Date cards with our engagement photos which was so awesome of her! I felt like the she was a part of our bridal party on our wedding day, everyone loved her and we were always laughing and having a good time. She truly made an effort to get to know the other vendors and help keep me on track throughout the night. I even woke up the next morning to some preview photos to look through, which just made me relive the night all over again. I would DEFINITELY love to hire her again for any future photo sessions we have. Thank you Cassie!!

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Chelsea R

An instant regret of mine on the wedding day was that I did not have a videographer, I was so worried that I would forget many of the very special moments from the day, however this all changed once I received my wedding photos back from Cassie. These photos bring back, so... Read More vividly, the magical moments from our wedding day. I was literally in tears while scrolling through all of them. Every expectation I had Cassie met and far exceeded. Not only is Cassie a fantastically caring and humorous person but she is BEYOND talented and very easy to work with, Cassie was always easy to contact and was always helpful. I cannot even put into words how great she made our wedding experience. Thank you for everything Cassie! I would give you ten stars if I could!

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Shaun M

Ummm prolly the best photographer of all time. Cassie's vibes and comfort brought out the love me and my fiancé wanted captured in our photos! Book her NOW!

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Allison H

Why isn't there a "Ten Stars" option?? Cassie is an answered prayer. After meeting with several photographers, I was just about to throw in the towel when a mutual friend introduced us. We sat down at a coffee shop and I felt an instant connection! She was kind, personable,... Read More funny and immediately took so much weight and stress off my shoulders. When you hire Cassie, you not only get a wedding photographer, you get a friend. She makes an effort to get to know you and your partner. Then she tells your story through her pictures. My husband Drake and I had an absolute BLAST at our engagement pics and it was all because of Cassie's easy going and fun personality. And her work is indescribable. Our pictures were not only beautiful, they reflected our relationship (again, she really tries to learn about her clients!) My wedding pictures: even more so! It's almost been a month since the big day, and I still have people coming up to me complimenting my photographer. Not only because of her photos, but because she was organized, kind and made everything feel easy. And she's FAST. Like I don't think she sleeps. (Just kidding, but not really.) She went home that night and had posted a selection of my wedding pics the VERY NEXT DAY after my wedding. I also hired her and her partner Seth Nixon as videographers and they had a preview of my wedding video later THAT SAME WEEK. I'm blown away and could go on. But I'll conclude with this: it's rare enough to find a photographer with her level of instinct and creativity and it's a whole other story when you add her kind and funny personality into the mix. Cassie is the whole package. A photographer; a friend.

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Paige H

OH MY GOODNESS IS SHE AMAZING! There is really no bad thing to say when it comes to Cassie. As I read the other reviews, I couldn't agree more with them. Cassie truly is a talented photographer and it still stuns me that I was able to have met her. She really made me and my... Read More fiance feel comfortable and laugh uncontrollably, on top of her superb professionalism. We just got married Friday and the photos she already edited our AMAZING! And there is still more to come, and I cant wait! Thank you again Cassie, you are blessing and I hope nothing more than your success and happiness. xoxooxoxoxoxo

2017-06-13T18:01:30 Response from the vendor

Paige!! YOU ARE AMAZING! You and Justin will forever go down as one of my favorite couples. I had so much fun being apart of your day. You made me feel like one of the family and what a super awesome family to be apart... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Ani A

The way Cassie conducts her business is perfect. Simple stuff like accepting payments online, open communication and providing access to your photos. With Cassie, I never worried about the outcome of the final photos. Cassie found a way to perfectly capture exactly how we wanted... Read More our wedding to feel. Cassie was nothing short of professional, talented and kind. Her style is a combination of casual, warm, real, natural, beautiful, journalistic If you’re looking for a photographer, that you can trust without a second thought, call Cassie. I had no doubt in my mind that Cassie would be able to make our wedding day look warm, rich, casual, fun, emotional, magical and overall like a J.Crew dream wedding. Book this woman now, She’s in the corner, capturing incredibly natural situations. Cassie knows how to make everyone feel comfortable while arranging family portraits. Cassie will blow you away with what she’s able to capture. If you’re looking for someone who will do their best to stick with your set budget, and still get incredible photos — call Cassie. A link to our wedding photos >>>> bit.ly/AniDustin

2017-06-13T17:57:38 Response from the vendor

Ani, you are Dustin were a privilege to work for. I loved your brunch wedding more than I can even explain!! I did however love you guys much more than the delicious waffles and that is saying A LOT. Thank you for trusting me, being... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 2/23/2017 Alexandra A

Cassie did an amazing job with my wedding photos! She was everything I hoped for and more! 💗 Everything turned out amazing!!!

2017-06-13T17:49:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Alex!!! You were so beautiful. <3

Reviewed on 1/01/2017 Emily J

If there were 10 stars allowed I'd give Cassie them. She was amazing to work with and her work is absolutely breathtaking! Not only was she great to work with but she is a great person who we hope to remain friends with. She goes above and beyond and attends the rehearsal to... Read More get a feel for the space and family , which made everyone feel special! We love her!

2017-06-13T17:54:53 Response from the vendor

You are one of the most adorable humans I have ever had the pleasure to meet! You are stunning from the inside out and I had great pride in being your wedding photographer. I am very excited to remain friends as well :)

Reviewed on 11/18/2016 Brooke C

Cassie is seriously fantastic at what she does and makes the experience so much fun! She helped direct us in poses, perfectly capturing our laughter and emotions throughout the shoot. I absolutely loved working woth her and I know you will too! Thank you Cassie for the great... Read More engagement session!

2017-01-04T17:26:53 Response from the vendor

Oh thank you so much for your kind words!!! I had a blast working with you!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Rebecca B

Stop now, save yourself the time because you have found your event photographer here. Cassie was just incredible. I am in love with my pictures. She made more than enough time for me in my bridezilla state which helped put my mind at peace. Thank you so much!!

2016-10-28T15:06:48 Response from the vendor

Beck you were FAR from a bridezilla! Haha! Thank you so much for your kind words, I loved working with you and your family and I had the best time!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Natalie W

My now husband and I are beyond satisfied that we chose Cassie to be our photographer! Cassie puts her heart into what she does, and we felt incredibly blessed that we found her! She never failed to make us laugh. She even hiked my husband's hunting property (wet marsh in the... Read More middle of March in Michigan) to capture the perfect photos of us for our engagement shoot. She went through every detail with us to be sure that everything went smoothly. She also came to our rehearsal (about an hour drive for her!) to scope out the perfect spots at our venue for our photos. Cassie is THE BEST!! I highly recommend her for anyone who is looking for a photographer who is personable, detail oriented, punctual, hilarious, etc. You will not be disappointed if Cassie is your photographer!

2017-06-13T17:53:33 Response from the vendor

Natalie, I cannot even begin to express how much fun I had capturing your big day! You and Nate made me feel so comfortable! Thanks for accepting my strange humor and trusting me to tell your story<3

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Benjamin S

During our wedding there were so many moving pieces that the day became like a blur, especially for me and my wife. We asked Cassie to capture the day, and she far exceeded our expectations in every way possible. After getting our photos back, the day became very clear to us,... Read More and we couldn't be any happier with how they turned out. All day, Cassie was very kind, and patient with photo requests from us and from our family members. She also captured several pictures, not only of us, but of our guests enjoying their time. Our wedding day was so special, and Cassie's gift in photography was the turning point, making our spectacular day memorable. Thank you so much Cassie, we love and appreciate you!

2016-10-28T15:10:01 Response from the vendor

Ben, Thank you so much for this review! You and Becca are a perfect match and being a witness to your big day was a gift! Thank you to you and your family members for making me feel so comfortable and at ease! It was... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Lindsey N

Cassie!!! How do I put into words how grateful I am that you were there to capture my memories!! I am so thankful for you; not only as my photographer but my friend! Seth and I really appreciate everything that you've done for us!! Looking forward to many more years good times... Read More and great memories!

2016-10-28T15:08:40 Response from the vendor

I love you Lindsey!!! I was so honored that you and Seth had me be apart of your special day in this capacity! I can't believe that it's already over!! I am looking forward to all that is ahead as well.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Alysha M

Hands down the best! So flexible! Our photos turned out wonderful! You can trust her completely! I felt so comfortable and at ease with Cassie. I feel like my emotions are wrapped up in these images. Prices were fantastic and you get the best for your money! I highly recommend!

2016-10-28T15:07:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words!! You and Mario belong together and it was a joy to capture you!!

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Sara B

Cassie shot our bridal session and it was nothing short of perfect! She made every moment so fun and easy. I would highly recommend Cassie for your big day!!!!

2016-10-28T15:07:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you darling!! You are incredible!!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Leah G

Cassie went above and beyond for my husband and me at our wedding!! She captured everything and has such a wonderful presence about her. No one can beat her.

2016-09-29T17:49:44 Response from the vendor

Thank you Leah! You're the best!!

Cassandra Tackett

My name is Cassandra Tackett, but friends and family call me Cassie! I have been born and raised in the great and beautiful state of Michigan. I am a huge family gal, and I am not ashamed to say I am a crazy dog lady. I love to travel and I am willing to go anywhere and everywhere. Seriously, take me with you. I love to have a good time, I adore humans and weddings are the perfect opportunity to make 100 friends in one day. I am interested in building relationships and telling the world about extraordinary people through creativity and photo journalistic imagery.