Northstar California

Food + Catering, Planning

5001 Northstar Drive , Truckee, CA

Excellent Location

Reviewed on 10/21/2013 Athena L

Northstar is the perfect place for a wedding. The quality is superb and the convenience is amazing. The option to have family and friends stay at the same location as the ceremony and reception is wonderful, and there is nothing more beautiful than the pine tree backdrop at the... Read More Overlook wedding site. In addition, and probably more unique than many other locations, the Northstar team of caterers, hotel services, and in-village business owners is experienced, kind, and extremely hard-working. Northstar also provides an coordinator on site that will quickly become the greatest resource you never knew you would need. If I could go back and get married again next Saturday, I would. And, whenever possible, we will return to relive the day and share the place with everyone we can.

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Renee S

My husband and I were married at Northstar on September 25th surrounded by a small group of our closest family and friends. From the views up at Zephyr Ridge, to the intimacy of the tented reception at Overlook Pavilion, to the amazing food by Executive Chef Chad Shrewsbury, we... Read More cannot possibly pick a favorite aspect to our perfect day. Our group was small at 35 people, but the setup was arranged to make it feel like we owned the space rather than feeling empty and cavernous. They were very accommodating in allowing our dog, Tuck, to be a part of our day and didn't mind a tired pup napping on the outdoor sofa while we ate dinner. Our rehearsal dinner the night before was at Tavern 6330'. The food was great, the service was great, and the price was just right.

Reviewed on 8/20/2015

We got married at Zephyr Lodge at the top of the mountain. The staff, the location, everything was wonderful! There were no surprises and Northstar is a great location because there is so much to do right there in the village. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 8/10/2015 Sarah D

We chose Zephyr Lodge up at Northstar for our wedding. Not only was it spectacularly beautiful, but I cannot say enough about Mercie Galvin (the coordinator we were set up with) and the entire Northstar team. Mercie was so responsive and helpful throughout the entire process,... Read More doing everything she could to accommodate our requests and make our day as perfect as possible. On the wedding day itself, she was so calm and did so much to make sure things went smoothly. When our rehearsal turned into a hail storm and the lift shut down trapping half of us up at the lodge, and the other half unable to make it up, she had the bar open for us to keep us happy and then came to our rehearsal dinner to go through a run through. On the wedding day when the florist didn't show up until 30 minutes before the ceremony, and it rained up until 1 minutes before the ceremony was to start, she made sure to get me as much information as I needed, but ensured she did not stress me out. All the other things that she did, I can't even express my gratitude and praise!

Amazing Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 3/01/2015 Mary P

Northstar was amazing. Just the beauty of the venue itself speaks volumes but add the food, drinks, lodging, and a wedding professional all for a very reasonable sum makes Northstar one of the best choices I made in planning my wedding. I worked with Sharon and I couldn't have... Read More asked for a more helpful person in every way. She is excellent. I would choose Northstar again in a heartbeat.