NorthStar Golf Club

Sunbury, OH

NorthStar is sure to make a lasting impression

As a newer club, only minutes north of Polaris Mall, we offer you a truly unique setting highlighted by a panoramic view of our lake and golf course for your special day. We are a full-service facility that offers first-class service at an affordable value.

$$

Guest Capacity

Ballroom

1150 Wilson Road, Sunbury, OH

AMAZING location, food, people etc!!

Reviewed on 12/02/2014 Alisha S

NorthStar was one of, if not the best choice we made for our wedding!! Alisha and the rest of the staff were great to work with, they were very accommodating from the beginning. My husband & I loved the venue from the moment we walked in, but were not sure if it was in our budget. Alisha worked with us and helped us see that everything we wanted could be possible! We expected about 200 people ended with around 170 guests. We had our rehearsal, ceremony & reception all at NorthStar. Our wedding party & guests all loved the fact that we were able to have everything at one place. We did the buffet with open bar for the rehearsal & beer/wine & family style for the reception, both were raved about by our guests. Alisha made everything so easy, she allowed us to visit the location many times to plan & stayed in touch with ideas and changes through the whole process. I feel like our wedding could not have come out as perfect as it did at any other location & can not say enough great things about NorthStar & their staff! If you are getting married you should truly consider them!

AMAZING

Reviewed on 2/03/2015 Sarah B

The venue was absolutely perfect. We had our ceremony, reception, and rehearsal all at the same place. They decorated for me too which was such a blessing on the day of the wedding when everything is crazy. I highly recommend North Star- the staff is absolutely amazing and very quick to respond too if you ever have questions!

Absolutely Perfect

Reviewed on 9/16/2014 Samantha B

My husband and I had our ceremony and reception at NorthStar. The setting is absolutely beautiful. The staff was so kind and helpful. Alisha is a dream to work with. She is attentive and addresses any and all concerns. They did everything we asked. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day!

Reviewed on 7/15/2015 Caraline M

We had an absolutely perfect wedding reception at Northstar! They were easy and pleasant to work with during the planning process. The food is delicious. The staff was professional, friendly, and helpful during the reception. And there are numerous places for gorgeous pictures. Highly recommend!

Prosser Wedding

Reviewed on 6/23/2015 Chelsea C

Venue is beautiful!! Alisha was wonderful and so helpful. It rained pretty much all day and last minute it stopped and Alisha allowed us to have the ceremony outside! The food was wonderful as well!

Picture Perfect!

Reviewed on 6/23/2015 Alyssa M

North Star was the perfect place for our wedding and reception. We got married on a beautiful June day and utilized the outdoor ceremony area. Alisha (event coordinator) was a joy to work with and was always available whenever I had questions or concerns. She really helped bring the vision I had for our wedding day to life. Not to mention, the food at North Star was delicious! Getting married at a country club is never "cheap," but North Star was actually relatively affordable considering the services we received. Since the wedding, we have received multiple compliments about the service, food and location. Beyond pleased with our experience and loved every second of our wedding day!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 4/27/2015 Samantha S

NorthStar Golf Club is a great place to hold any type of an event especially a wedding. Alisha, the F&B Director, was beyond helpful through the entire planning process. The venue is beautiful both inside and out. It rained on our wedding day so we were unable to have our ceremony outside, but Alisha and her team made sure the inside was just as beautiful. The food was delicious and we had many compliments from our guests. I highly recommend any bride and groom to choose NorthStar for their special day!

Amazing!!!!!

Reviewed on 11/03/2014

My now husband :) and I look at so many different places to have our wedding reception at. North Star was our top pick because of so many different things. First and for most our budget. North Star is very reasonably priced, so we were able to have everything we wanted! We used their table colored linens, and extra lighting. We did buffet style dinner and purchased kegs and house wines. Alisha, their coordinator, was so helpful and always got back to me quickly. She helped us make the best decisions for what we wanted. The second reason why we went with North Star is because of the view. They have many large windows that over look a beautiful patio and onto the greenery. Since we were getting married in the fall this was important to us, and we were able to get some really good pictures outside - dispite the rainy weather. The inside looked amazing and better than what we were expecting! Alisha made sure everything was in the right spot and took the time to make sure it all looked great! The third thing was the service. Everything was done and taken care of in perfect timing. As the night went on everything went so smoothly. The bar tenders and service was great! We had 150 guests and the two bartenders and other servers were on their game, getting drinks and cleaning off the tables. Our guests raved about the venue and complimented every aspect of it! I'm so glad we used the North Star venue! Some conserns I had before when I was looking at North Star, were that it was far, about 10-15mins away from Polaris, but we were able to offer a shuttle (our limo bus) to help get our guests home. They didnt mind having cars left in their parking lot over night. My other concern was that the only places to have pictures taken would be outside, but even though it rained we were provided two golf carts to go to our picture taking spots. So if these are any of your concers I can only tell you that everything will work out there and they are more than willing to help you in any ways they can. It was perfect and so many thanks to Alisha, and the staff at North Star for making it that way! :)

It was perfect!

Reviewed on 8/02/2014 Diana M

We loved the venue the moment we walked in. Alisha did a great job showing us around and giving us all the details we were looking for. She was very enthusiastic and positive and that made a big impact in our decision because we had been to many other venues where people just seemed unhappy. I had my mind made up at the end of our first visit. The venue is beautiful and looked great on our wedding day. Northstar decorated it just the way we wanted. Everything looked perfect, classy and beautiful. We used Northstar's centerpieces on half of our tables and the staff did an excellent job arranging them exactly how we wanted. The food was outstanding! We had chicken kiev and lasagna for our main course. Everyone loved it. They also have a full bar which was just awesome. The open bar was great. We had the call liquor (not premium) option and were not disappointed with the quality of the brands they selected. It included a complimentary champagne toast and many different kinds of beer on tap. They also put a mini bar outside for our cocktail hour. The staff is very nice and easy to work with. My bridesmaids and I got ready at the venue and the staff did everything they could to accommodate any requests we had. We could go on and on about all the great things they did and how perfect our wedding day was, but we would be here for a while... We absolutely recommend Northstar Golf Club to anyone.

Unbelievably beautiful and a great value!

Reviewed on 11/05/2012 Stephanie S

The people of NorthStar truly go above and beyond. Whenever we needed something, they were ready to help. They were calm, composed, and courteous every step of the way, which means more than you know on the big day!!! The food was out of this world, and I received many compliments! The two women you work with are amazing, and so much fun. They did everything they could to make our experience amazing. The price is surprisingly an AMAZING value for the beauty, service, and experience. I would gladly host another event and recommend them to anyone planning a wedding!!!

Lovely Setting

Reviewed on 7/12/2012 Megan W

The Northstar Golf Club was originally on the bottom of my list because it was the furthest from my home. As soon as I got there and saw the beautiful building and setting, I knew it was perfect. The coordinator was very nice and helpful. Though she wasn't there on the wedding day, her equally nice and helpful associate was. I loved that they took care of everything the day of the wedding. They set up all of my decorations. Their chairs are so nice they don't need covers. The food was delicious. The bar was very cool. We only offered beer and wine as a money saving option. The very best part of Northstar Golf Club is the great outdoor wedding ceremony setting. The gazebo was beautiful with flowers, and the greens made a beautiful backdrop.

Northstar

Reviewed on 7/18/2011 Rachel S

We were very happy with everything at the Northstar. The golf club was decorated beautifully, the food was amazing and the staff was very helpful!

Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 7/15/2011 Brittany B

Northstar Golf Club was the perfect venue for our wedding! I am a vegetarian, so when it came to planning our menu, I was a little pickier than most. Alisha and her team worked with me to create the pefect menu and we still get compliments, a month after our wedding, about how good the food was! Alisha and team handled all of our set up so I didn't have to worry about anything the day of which was a huge relief! All of the staff was friendly and professional!

Very pleased!

Reviewed on 11/08/2010 Aubrey U

Very Happy with everything. They did a great job. very pleased!

TO NorthStar Golf Club