5310 Spring Stuebner Road, Spring, TX
This now one-hundred and forty-year old home was built in 1876 by German immigrants during the time of horse drawn carriages, railroad tracks and old saloons. The original homesteaders were the famous Wunsche Brothers of Old Town Spring. The house sits on its original site on Spring Stuebner Road and is surrounded by century-old oak trees, some more than two hundred years old. One Live Oak on the grounds has qualified to appear in the Harris Country Tree Registry, and one Willow Oak has been recognized as a country-wide champion in its category. Through the years, the only major additions have been a living room and a master bedroom. Wherever possible, the original wood has been preserved. Most recently, a Gazebo, swimming pool and an outside patio.