Professional wedding and event planning and design

Planning a wedding is one of the best times in your life, but can also be one of the most stressful. Inviting a professional wedding planner and designer to your team of vendors will be one of the best decisions you will ever make, and the glue that holds it all together so you can enjoy every moment.

Engagement Party, Honeymoon, Day After Brunch, Rehearsal Dinner, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Honeymoon Planning, RSVP Tracking, Planning

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Whitney H

Where do I even begin with Tracey and Occasion Designed? Let's just say, I couldn't have imagined our wedding day going any better without all of the help from Tracey. She did an OUTSTANDING job on our wedding day. We are still receiving compliments on every single detail to... Read More this day. Tracey was incredibly helpful and organized which was fantastic when it came to planning and decorating for our special day. She helped with everything you could possibly think of for our wedding day. Tracey was in communication with all of our vendors and handled each and every one of their needs as well. And every detail that I never would've thought about, she did. Not only was Tracey our wedding planner, she quickly became our lifelong friend. She is such a sweet, down to earth, personal and loving person. We already miss communicating with her all the time and look forward to the next time we get to see each other.

2016-10-30T14:00:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your sweet words! I miss you guys too!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Meredith L

We loved working with Tracey!! We had a lot on our plate throughout the course of wedding planning (taking a professional licensing exam, buying a new house, getting a new job and a position change, and getting a puppy), so although I was apprehensive about meeing with wedding... Read More coordinators, it was clear from my first meeting with Tracey that we NEEDED her. It took so much of the stress out of planning and so much of the guesswork was eliminated. It is so hard to know whether vendors are reputible/fairly priced, who the best in Omaha is, or even how much to budget for certain aspects of our day and it was so great to have someone's experience and expertise on our side! Everything turned out better than I had dreamed and I was able to totall enjoy our wedding day, stress-free. Our family members all commented how much different and relaxed our wedding day was compared to other weddings they've been a part of. Hiring Tracey was the best decision we made in our planning process, by far!

2016-10-31T10:57:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you for sharing Meredith! Give Biscuits a squeeze for me!

Reviewed on 8/26/2016 Sara A

Shortly after I got engaged the reality of wedding planning began. I was in Dental School at the time and worked part time on nights and weekends and my fiancé was also working full time and earning his MBA at night so we already had a lot on our plate. When we met with Tracey... Read More for the first time it became very clear we needed her services. She took the stress out of wedding planning, provided us with excellent recommendations for vendors, is super organized and keeps you on track with everything that needs to get done. She is very passionate about what she does and it shows in her enthusiasm and hard work you puts into ensuring your wedding day is perfect! We couldn't not have done it without her! She thinks of every detail and ensures everything is perfect! The whole process and especially the day of the wedding went just as planned and I didn't have to worry about a thing! We loved working with her and got so many compliments about how beautiful our wedding was. She is the absolute best!

2016-08-26T20:49:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for sharing! You all were an absolute pleasure to be with and I miss you!!

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Elyse G

Tracey is one of the most caring people that I dealt with during the wedding planning process. Although the wedding did not happen, she truly cares about the people that she works with. She took time out of her day to talk with me after it got called off. I hope to work with her... Read More again someday.

2016-11-28T23:33:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for sharing your time with me. I am grateful to know you and am hopeful for what the future holds for you. Blessings.

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Tammy N

Tracey was awesome. We had a beautiful day that was relaxing, fun and special. She made the wedding of our daughter's and son in law's dream. She is meticulous and seeks to understand the bride and grooms vision for their day. I would recommend Occasion Designed for... Read More anyone's wedding or event. We were able to thoroughly enjoy the day. Thank you.

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Erica C

Tracey is amazing. She's so organized and knows absolutely everything you could ever need or want to know about planning a wedding! My husband and I are both busy professionals working full time along with running a business and knew right away we would need help with the... Read More planning. Tracey was so helpful and made our wedding amazing! It's about the experience and not stressing about the little details. Tracey made our experience so easy and organized. We absolutely love her and could not recommend her more!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016

Tracey's vendor recommendations were 100% in line with my high design standards. The flowers were stunning; The cake was simple yet beautiful; The photographer was talented; The pianist was spectacular. She worked seamlessly with the venue's event planning staff and day-of-event... Read More staff to create a beautiful day for us. Everyone involved was professional and a pleasure to work with.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 John S

Tracey made everything so much easier for us. It would have been tough to have the wedding we wanted without the help of Occasion Designed.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Adam H

At first, I was a little iffy about hiring a wedding planner. But now, we wouldn't have had it any other way. Tracey was great. She was excellent help throughout the entire planning process. She went above and beyond all of our expectations. Tracey was incredibly liked by... Read More all of our family and guests included. Everything Tracey did for our wedding was out of this world. She was great help for every planning idea and need my wife had. Being a man, I was clueless about a lot of things when it came to planning a wedding. Tracey shed light on every question we had, big or small. We couldn't have made our wedding go so smoothly and look so good without her.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Margaret T

We had two weddings in two years and with Tracey's guidance and direction both weddings went off flawlessly. The budget process she presents helped both couples to become actively involved and aware of expenses. My husband said at the close of the evening of the first wedding:... Read More "I don't know what you paid her but it was worth every dime." We truly believe we could not have executed these weddings without her guidance and day of event coordination. Thank you Tracey!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Maureen C

Perfection! We could not have been in better hands, start to finish.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Martina S

Having Tracey helping plan our wedding was like answering a crossword puzzle while being given all the answers. She took all of our requests and hopes then made them real. I cannot say thanks enough or express how much of a difference she made.

Amazing planner!

Reviewed on 11/21/2015 Elizabeth B

Tracey did an amazing job and was great to work with! Our wedding could not have run smoother. She helped plan everything down to the smallest details so that when the big day came we were able to relax and enjoy it. She helped with everything from our budget to our decor.

Review of Occasion By Design

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Steven S

We worked with Tracey Fricke of Occasion By Design and had an absolutely fantastic experience!!! She managed my mother and I seamlessly throughout the entire process, provided insightful advice on all aspects of the wedding, and handled everything on the day of to provide the... Read More most magical day of my life. Literally flawless. I would strongly recommend Tracey to any future brides out there. You'd be lucky to have her!

Amazing Experience

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 emily b

As a bride I was very over whelmed with the thought of planning a large wedding. With the help of Tracey we were able to have the wedding our dreams! The things I loved most about her is she knew exactly what venders to use (with keeping our budget in mind) where to go to get... Read More ideas and was a very attentive listener when it came to planning exactly what i wanted... cake, flowers ect.. I can not thank Tracey enough for all the long, hard hours she spent planning our wedding. She made it the best day of our lives!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

Tracey Fricke was definitely my wedding savior! She was on top of EVERYTHING. So organized. She was also very supportive of my vision and gave me the confidence to speak up when vendors tried to steer me in another direction. My wedding was everything I could have ever... Read More imagined and more--and I thank Tracey for her patience and consistent support along the way.

Mother of the Bride

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

Where to begin? My daughter just had her wedding earlier this October and it was everything she--and I--had hoped for. It was a beautiful, fun and, most importantly to me, stress- free occasion. I give all of the credit to our fabulous wedding planner, Tracey Fricke. She was... Read More organized and focused the entire time. So many things impressed me about her, beginning with her grasp of the importance of our budget in which she had a two hour discussion with both my daughter and me. Once we knew those details, the question of how to keep on track was eliminated. This, of course, led to so much less stress between my daughter and me. Her continual meetings throughout the year, with updated timelines for what we should be doing, were life savers as far as getting things accomplished. She was always upbeat while being extremely professional. She was also a master at keeping us on track without ever making us feel any undue pressure. The week of the wedding was mapped out for not only us but our entire wedding party, which made for a fun and meaningful time with friends and family--the goal of any successful wedding! The day of the wedding was exciting and memorable as Tracey took on all the responsiblities for that day. The wedding, simply, was perfect and we both can't thank Tracey enough. Sure, it's possible to plan and execute your wedding on your own, but why when someone like Tracey is available to do that for you? I can't thank her enough for everything she did. Take my advice and make sure Tracey is your first order of business. Trish Billotte

SpecialOccasion By Design

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

Tracey made our son's wedding planning effortless. She was very pleasant to work with and very professional. From the first meeting to the final hug goodbye at the end of the reception it was a pleasure to work with her. I have recommended her to friends and when our daughter... Read More gets married I will use her services again.

Reviewed on 10/25/2015

Tracey made my daughter (2010) and son's (2015) wedding so much less stressful. We have recommended her to many of our friends who have also partnered with her. Leading up to the wedding she keeps you on track and the day of the event she is a lifesaver. As a parent, you are... Read More able to enjoy the day without worrying about the small details, Tracey handles everything perfectly.

Wonderful Experience!

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Kristen B

We had such a wonderful experience working with Tracey as our wedding planner. She kept us exceptionally organized right down to every detail in order to create the wedding we've always envisioned! She took much of the stress out of wedding planning because we knew we could rely... Read More on her to keep us on track. We really couldn't have done it without her help! I highly recommend Tracey to anyone planning their wedding!

Top Class Wedding Planner

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Kim B

I can't say enough about how awesome Tracey is. When my daughter first told me she was getting a wedding planner, I thought she was crazy b/c she had a sister, 2 aunts, and myself that could very easily plan a wedding for her. She did not want me to do anything but enjoy myself.... Read More Tracey is extremely organized, always had an agenda whenever we had to meet with a vendor, and took control of the meetings. She completely understood the type of wedding my daughter wanted and made it her dream come true wedding!!!!! She was there every step of the way from planning the wedding, rehearsal, set up on the wedding day, and even told us when it was our time to walk down the aisle. Afterwards, she was available if we needed anything. I would definitely recommend Tracey to anyone that is looking for a wedding planner!!!!!

Best in the Business!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Taylor Jane C

Tracey is, without a doubt, the best investment we made for our wedding day. She is so put together and was on top of every detail of our wedding. I hold her in my absolute highest regards, and I feel blessed to have had her as a part of our wedding crew. She was such an asset... Read More to have because she has relationships with so many other wedding vendors in our area. She made the day absolutely perfect, and everything ran smoothly solely because of her. Our engagement period was a rough couple of months, as far as our personal lives go, and Tracey was a calming force through everything that was going on. I will recommend her to every couple I come in contact with because I truly believe she is the best in the business. Tracey is the queen of weddings (and really, all events), and she is a great pleasure to work with. I am very thankful that all Tracey did for us to make our wedding perfect.

Reviewed on 10/19/2015

We have worked with Tracey Fricke on many events, including weddings / receptions, and have been impressed with her level of professionalism and attention to detail. Clark International Guard Force is a provider of security services, and have found Special Occasion by Design to... Read More be a full service event planner. Making sure special events are spectacular is her specialty, but Ms. Fricke also gives thought to the safety and security of events right down to details such as making sure her clients' homes are protected while they enjoy their event. Whether you are planning a wedding, or a corporate event - this firm is top notch.

2015-10-23T08:30:59 Response from the vendor

Thank you Guard Force! I am truly grateful I get to collaborate on events with such an amazing company. I can easily rely on your services to ensure safety and security at the highest level!

Best Gift I Gave Myself... and the Bride

Reviewed on 10/19/2015

Tracey Fricke from Occasion Designed (formerly Special Occasion by Design) is the consummate professional! Hiring Tracey to plan and execute the details of the ceremony and reception was the best gift I could have given myself and my bride daughter, because it allowed me to... Read More enjoy the wedding (as well as the weeks and months leading up to it) without having to stress over the details. It allowed me to be present in the moment, instead of worried about whether or not everything would be in place as it should be. We have received countless compliments about how beautiful and perfect our daughter's wedding was, and we owe that to Tracey. I contacted Tracey on the recommendation of a friend, whose daughter had one of the most beautiful receptions I had ever seen. Tracey is organized, inspired, experienced, and has a "can do" attitude. From our first meeting, I knew Tracey would have everything under control, and I had nothing to worry about besides enjoying the day with our daughter and new son-in-law. My highest recommendations for any mother of the bride... do this for yourself!

Reviewed on 8/04/2015 Wendy B

Absolutely worth the investment to ensure that your event/wedding goes without a snag. Special Occasion by Design and Tracey's visionary ability to take your thoughts, pictures and personality to tie the event into an individualized experience is truly and art that can only be... Read More defined by talent. Her ability to guide her customer through the details, willingness to be honest and hold true to your initial vision (as well as your budget) truly sets her above the bar. And during the day of event - her details and timelines, as well as her hard work to ensure the event is flawless are seen throughout the evening. It is nothing but spectacular. Well worth the investment!

Tracey M. Fricke, CSEP, MWP, CMP

Tracey has more than 20 years of event planning experience, and is the only person with the CSEP, MWP, CMP certification combination in the industry. Her passion is event planning, production and design.