Ohio Statehouse

Columbus, OH

Book Your Wedding with Ohio Statehouse

A HISTORIC VENUE IN COLUMBUS, OH

Few Columbus venues have the majesty and historic impact of the Ohio Statehouse. As a flawless example of Greek Revival architecture, the statehouse is an ideal choice for both an elegant vintage wedding and a modern wedding ceremony. Guests immediate appreciate the unique beauty of the statehouse as they walk through the colonnade into the sun-filled atrium lined with graceful columns.

Ceremonies are conducted in the stunning black and white tiled Rotunda, with its domed ceiling and elaborate molding, arches and columns. Guests are arranged in a circle and the bride makes a dramatic entrance as she descends the massive stone staircase with its ornate balustrade before walking down the aisle. This regal, cavernous space has plenty of room for a string quartet or other live music options.

Receptions take place in the Atrium, which is especially romantic at night when stars are visible through the glass-paned ceiling. Statehouse staff arrange round banquet tables and rectangular wedding party tables around the center space, which can be used for dancing. This regal venue is truly one of a kind and the perfect backdrop for exquisite wedding photos.

The statehouse can be rented for ceremonies only, receptions only or both. There is only one wedding scheduled per day. The number of available days is limited, so couples are encouraged to book well in advance.

All ceremonies and reception packages include:

• One hour for rehearsal the night before
  • Two hours set-up time and one hour take-down time
  • White padded chairs and tables
  • Ivory podium and structure for ceremony
  • Services of the wedding planner
  • Space for catering equipment
  • Sound system and microphones
  • Platform risers
  • Projector, screens and other A/V equipment
  • Staff for set-up and tear-down

A photography permit is required before any photos can be taken of the event; applications are due 90 days prior to the event. Catering must be provided by an approved vendor and there is only one vendor permitted to provide alcoholic beverages. If additional tables, chairs or other similar items are necessary beyond the inventory, they must be rented from an approved vendor.

There is a single all-inclusive fee for the ceremony package and for the reception package. Couples who wish to hold their Columbus wedding at the Ohio Statehouse must submit an application for a wedding permit along with a 10 percent deposit before their request will be considered. Couples need an approved application and permit before they can contact the vendors approved by staff.

Because of the strict guidelines and requirements for using the Ohio Statehouse for a wedding venue, all ceremony and reception packages are identical and cannot be altered. However, some perks include:

• The Statehouse Gift Shop with a wide variety of memorable gift items
  • Event security by state highway patrol
  • Free use of the State Room and the Ladies Gallery

A Historical Downtown Location

The Ohio Statehouse, with its obvious grandeur, is available to serve as your perfect wedding location – an experience that will be unparalleled. The Ohio Statehouse is available for your ceremony, reception or both!

Museum, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

1 Capitol Square, Columbus, OH (614) 752-9777

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Elise K

The Statehouse wedding was a dream come true! My husband and I fell in love with the venue from the MINUTE we first saw it... and then it exceeded expectations time and again. Every nook and cranny offers an even more beautiful view. So many guests told us that it was the most... Read More unique and beautiful venue they've ever seen. We have to agree ;) I'd pick the Statehouse 1000x again! The coordinator, Sophie, is exceptionally thoughtful and kind. She ensured our vision came to life... and then some! She preps the vendors for the Statehouse drill (it's a functional statehouse, after all! There are a TON of details). She helps ensure they understand the routine so that everything runs smoothly. More than dotting all those i's and crossing all those t's, Sophie has a calming aura that helped settle any day-of nerves. She was the partner you'd want. Also, the Statehouse clearly looks GORGEOUS all dressed up. But know that the building itself can almost be decoration enough! The rotunda, halls, and atrium speak for themselves in beauty. It's a masterpiece. From ceremony to reception, you get to see the many-faces of the Statehouse... each somehow more outstanding than the last. Finally - location, location, location! Our guests loved the central location. They stayed across downtown and into the Short North. Out of town guests were blown away with the Statehouse... and it's full capital city! They had a blast. We LOVE the Statehouse. We couldn't have imagined anything more perfect.

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Temi M

The statehouse is such a beautiful venue! I had my wedding there and it could not have gone any better. The best part of the venue is who it came with - SOPHIE CHASE! Sophie was absolutely AMAZING. I am still in awe as to how she was able to nail my day. She came to our meetings... Read More always prepared and eager to ensure that everything went according to the way it was supposed to flow. She was quick to respond back to emails (even when she was on vacation) and made awesome vendor recommendations. On the day, Sophie was like super woman. She ensured that we stuck to time and really helped us execute our traditional wedding so well, and was always there when I needed her. The best part was she always had a smile on her face and a positive spirit the whole night. It really helped ease any anxiety I may have had about the event. The statehouse was an absolutely gorgeous venue, and I would have my wedding there over and over again, especially Sophie is an integral part of the venue.

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Kayla D

We had our ceremony and reception at the Statehouse last weekend and it still feels like it might have been a dream. The Statehouse was perfect for us because we were looking for an entirely indoor venue that could hold 250+ people. We have received so many comments on how... Read More unique and beautiful our venue was. While the Rotunda and the Atrium are stunning and historical spaces, the real magic behind a Statehouse wedding is Sophie Chase, the Statehouse event/wedding coordinator. I cannot fully describe how wonderful Sophie was to work with. From the very beginning she responded promptly to all of our emails and was very efficient with all of her communications to us and our vendors. She has a fun personality and a positive attitude, my husband and I enjoyed all of our planning meetings! Sophie made the wedding planning experience an exciting and enjoyable one, and that is something I will cherish forever. On the day of the wedding, I didn't have anything to be stressed about. Anytime I had a question, Sophie was already 5 steps ahead of me. She is phenomenal at her job and she has such great rapport with many Columbus wedding vendors! We decided to visit the Statehouse during our venue search on a whim and we put a hold on our date that same day. If you are even considering the Statehouse for your wedding, I highly recommend you go in for a tour. You will have the pleasure of meeting Sophie and it could easily be the end of your venue search.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017

The Ohio Statehouse was the perfect venue for our wedding reception in early May. My husband and I are incredibly grateful to have held our wedding reception in such a gorgeous, classic, elegant, and historic landmark. Our guests enjoyed the cocktail hour in the Rotunda... Read More followed by dinner and dancing in the Atrium. Working with Sophie Chase as our planner was the most incredible process from start to finish. She is truly a standup professional, and I felt like I was planning our wedding reception itinerary and details with a dear friend. She went above and beyond and exceeded all of our expectations with her excellent organization, communication, follow-up, and poise on our wedding day. She was a calming presence for us as the bride and groom, our families, wedding party, and all involved. Sophie, the Milo's catering staff, wedding vendors she recommended, and the Ohio Statehouse security officers were all amazing to help make our day run smoothly. The Ohio Statehouse is absolutely stunning and we are beyond happy we chose it as our wedding reception venue.

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Jay S

Immediately after touring the Ohio Statehouse we knew this was THE venue for us. We both have a deep respect for history and architecture and love the city in which we live. After meeting Sophie, any reservation we had was immediately erased. Her amazing personality and flawless... Read More coordination abilities made our wedding day flawless. It truly was the best day of our lives this far and we have Sophie Chase and the Ohio Statehouse to largely thank for making a dream come true. Thank you for your amazing talent and the amazing venue...we will never forget it!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Alexis H

We could not have asked for a better reception venue or better people to work with than what you will find at the Ohio Statehouse. The rotunda made for a grand cocktail hour and the atrium was a picturesque reception area. With all of the architecture, decorating really only... Read More needed to consist of lighting, flowers and table-scape to compliment how gorgeous the venue already is. Guests commented on its grandeur and enjoyed tours before cocktail hour. Sophie Chase was the best coordinator and took care of countless details on the day-of. She is a god-send.

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Hope J

We had our wedding reception at the Ohio Statehouse and I cant begin to describe how amazing it was!! The venue is gorgeous and so unique. We fell in love with the high ceilings, the granite columns, the amount of natural light, and the history. It lends itself to a very... Read More romantic setting. But we owe a huge thank you to Sophie Chase who made sure our day was truly special!! Sophie is simply amazing and one of the nicest and most genuine people you will meet! She is exceptional at her job and I mean exceptional. She made sure we had everything we needed and wanted for our big day. I would highly recommend the Ohio Statehouse to everyone!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Mallory P

We recently had our wedding ceremony in the Rotunda of the Ohio Statehouse and it was wonderful! Working with Sophie was great, she was well organized and did an awesome job of keeping everything on track so the ceremony ran smoothly. The venue and grounds couldn’t be more... Read More beautiful but Sophie’s coordination and attention to detail was really what made the ceremony perfect!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Elizabeth H

It is very hard for me to put into words how perfect my experience was with Sophie Chase and the Ohio Statehouse for my wedding reception, but I will try.... My husband and I both are from Columbus, OH but currently live in Austin, TX. Needless to say, in the beginning of our... Read More planning process I was worried about planning an out of state wedding and concerned that my expectations would not be met. Sophie made all of my worries disappear and the Statehouse went above and FAR beyond my expectations for a venue. All of my guests kept saying how beautiful the Statehouse was and how perfect the amount of space was. We had cocktail hour in the breathtaking rotunda, dinner in the atrium with beautiful uplighting on the pillars, and cocktail tables set up on the back patio. With this venue, you really get everything (indoor and outdoor experience) and plenty of space! It was so elegant and classic yet very modern feel as well. I keep saying I wish I could relive that night...it was so magical and just a dream come true (Cliche, but so accurate). Sophie Chase is a rock star and I cannot thank her enough for everything she did for not only me but my family and friends as well! Beyond pleased with my experience. I wish I could give more than 5 stars!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Alex H

So happy we decided to have our reception at the Ohio Statehouse. Guests were floored by what a unique venue it was. Sophie Chase did an amazing job helping us have the perfect day!

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Joelle (

The Statehouse is one of the most beautiful places to have your wedding reception in Ohio. My husband and I were impressed from the day we booked. Sophie (the wedding coordinator at the Statehouse) is incredible. We didn't need a wedding planner for our day because she was so... Read More helpful that we essentially would have hired someone to manager her, which did not make sense . She made sure everything was seamless, she was so responsive, and was able to help us with anything we needed leading up and on the big day. We were planning from afar, and she made it so easy to do so. The setting is beautiful. The stateroom where the girls and I got ready was so beautiful and rich in history - you have two littler personal bathrooms as well which really helps! My husband and the guys really loved the room they were in as well. We got so many compliments on how beautiful cocktail hour was in the Rotunda. Our wedding was black tie so the space was really conducive for that attire. The Atrium space for the reception was perfect as well. So much space and the ceilings are beautiful and let just the right amount of light in. Sophie helped us through so many different options for floor plan until we narrowed to the best one! We had a tuscan table going down the middle of the room with tables surrounding us and it felt like we were close to everyone which we loved. We also made use of the terrace outside the Atrium for a cigar roller. It was also a big hit with our guests! What's nice about the Statehouse is that it's centrally located. We had guests at the Renaissance and Sheraton - all less than a block walk from the reception. Our after part was a block away as well - it made transportation so easy (everyone just walked!). This venue is incredible and I could go on and on ... honestly - you will get five start treatment here!

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Laura S

I highly recommend the Ohio Statehouse for your wedding venue! I looked at so many venues before falling in love with the Statehouse and it was extremely affordable compared to the other venues! It was also one of the most elegant venues I could find and there was so much space.... Read More I had a wedding of 250 and it did not feel crowded at all. The Statehouse comes with a wedding coordinator-- Sophie-- who is incredible! She handled everything from start to finish. I never had to worry about anything because Sophie was in constant contact with all my vendors making sure timing/pricing/and finalizations were all handled. She decorated the Statehouse the exact way I envisioned it would be-- it felt like a dream wedding! Also, she made sure everything flowed smoothly the entire night. By the end of the night, she had packed up all the decorations and centerpieces without me even noticing she was doing so because everyone else was busy dancing! I had so many people reach out to me the next day saying it was the most beautiful wedding they've been to. I would pick the Statehouse time and time again for my wedding venue.. highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 9/02/2017 Alissa N

I cannot say enough good things about having my wedding reception at the Ohio Statehouse. It is BEAUTIFUL and breathtaking and such a unique and special venue. The pictures, both inside and outside, are absolutely gorgeous and there are so many different areas to choose... Read More from. It is definitely someplace that your guests will be excited to see! So many of our guests have lived in Columbus their whole lives but had never been to the Statehouse, let alone to the Statehouse for a wedding! They offer tours to the guests which is a great way to keep them entertained between the ceremony and reception. The Statehouse wedding coordinator, Sophie, is truly an irreplaceable asset. She helped me every step of the way and was super accommodating with everything. Her warm and friendly personality, as well as reassuring and confident attitude, made me feel at ease that the day was going to go exactly as planned. She made sure that everything was organized before, during, and after the event and I could not imagine planning a wedding without her help. Having my wedding reception at the Ohio Statehouse made for a dream come true! It truly was all I could imagine and more!

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Kelsey D

We had our wedding at The Ohio Statehouse on August 5, 2017 and it was AMAZING!! The venue is beautiful and working with Sophie made everything so much easier. She was so helpful and quick to respond to my many questions throughout the process! I highly recommend The Ohio... Read More Statehouse!

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Deanna C

My husband and I absolutely loved everything about our wedding day, and we thank the Ohio Statehouse for that! We love the historical and elegant building; the staff, security officers, and the amazing coordinator Sophie Chase were all very helpful and friendly to our guests! We... Read More couldn't have imagined our day without Sophie. Her expertise and experience sets her apart from all others. She's extremely helpful, but doesn't lose personality which has led to a great friendship! My husband and I love the Ohio Statehouse and recommend this location to anyone and everyone!

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Reid G

We held our wedding reception at The Ohio Statehouse on December 3, 2016. It was AMAZING! Not only is the venue beautiful, and doesn't need much (if any) decoration, but Sophie the coordinator was an amazing asset. We would have been lost without her. She was so easy to contact... Read More and help with every little detail, down to last minute guest and seating changes the day before. I would highly recommend a winter wedding at The Statehouse. The tree and decorations were beautiful—everyone raved about the tree and took pictures in front of it. I would also highly recommend hiring tour guides (or one guide) for during your cocktail hour. It was super inexpensive and everyone loved it! They kept the guests entertained while we were taking pictures and most of our guests had never been to The Statehouse and loved hearing the history! Our entire experience was 5 STARS, no doubt!

Reviewed on 6/24/2017 Dawn O

The Statehouse was an amazing venue for the wedding reception. The historical location, beautiful gardens, and the wedding coordinator are very hard to beat. We worked with Sophie for over a year planning our daughter's wedding. She is very detailed, prompt, and so pleasant... Read More to work with. We highly recommend using the Statehouse for your wedding reception. I have heard so many people raving over how nice the venue was and how special the night was.

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Lindsey G

The Statehouse is such a stunning venue with tons of different layout options. Sophie Chase is AMAZING and she works with you to create your absolute perfect day! She is available whenever you need and makes your day so stress free with her coordinating! She even helps you to... Read More find vendors and plan along with you. The statehouse has several different food vendor options to fit any budget or style as well as plenty of approved vendors for everything else you need! My day went so smoothly and everything was exactly what I wanted! It is also a very convenient venue for local and also out of town guests with both underground parking and plenty of nice hotels around. All of my guests were extremely impressed with the space and how beautiful everything was. I really cannot thank Sophie and the entire statehouse staff enough for their hard work and support! My wedding day was one I will never forget especially because of all the beautiful pictures we were able to get at the statehouse.

Reviewed on 4/20/2017 Courtney W

If you want to find a venue that is classic, historic and gives you amazing pictures then this is your place!! Not to mention Sophie, the coordinator, is AMAZING!! We had our wedding ceremony on 4-1-17 at the Statehouse under the rotunda and it was beautiful. Sophie makes the... Read More planning process stress-free and very enjoyable! This venue is the best because of Sophie. She literally saved our wedding day when our photographer cancelled the morning of our wedding. She was one of the first people I contacted for help and she did not hesitate to help us. She placed calls and messages out to other photographers and once we found someone she took over the planning and coordinating with them so I could relax and get pampered. She is someone you want working with you on your wedding day!! The Ohio Statehouse is an amazing venue and Sophie is one of the best to work with. If you get married there, you will have the best day ever!

Reviewed on 3/31/2017 Emily R

Words cannot describe the experience my husband and I had having our wedding at the Ohio Statehouse. From the minute we got engaged, we knew we wanted to get married at the Statehouse and after our initial tour, we couldn't sign the contract fast enough. The Statehouse... Read More coordinator, Sophie Chase, spent countless hours organizing and helping our dreams become a reality. Sophie- thank you for all of your amazing work towards our wedding, you are the best there is! We could not be more impressed with the venue, coordinator, and process of getting married at the Ohio Statehouse and highly recommend it to anyone that is looking for a stress free and elegant wedding!

Reviewed on 3/28/2017 Kaitlyn H

We had our reception at the Ohio Statehouse and it was worth every penny! Not only did our guests rave about the venue every time we spoke to people (day of and after), but the whole process from start to finish was as stress free as you can get for reception planning. The true... Read More reason for all this was the coordinator, Sophie. She was so kind, flexible, organized, patient, knowledgable... I could go on forever. Meetings were planned at certain marks (90 days, 30 days) but Sophie was always available to answer emails and phone calls with questions. I cannot stress enough how great of a coordinator Sophie is and her behind the scenes work was flawless. As a bride she kept everything on track even when our pictures began to run behind, and made sure everyone was ready for entrances when that time came too. Thank you so much Sophie! Our cocktail hour was held in the Rotunda, with Reception in the Atrium. Everything was decorated beautifully and the staff at the Statehouse during the reception was wonderful. Everyone was happy and helpful (which surprised me because they were at work on a Saturday night)! We also chose to go with Milo's catering for bar and dinner - which made the process smooth since they are used to working with the Statehouse. Plus, the food was so good, beautifully plated, and served smoothly without being disruptive. Lastly, you'll be at a venue for beautiful, unique pictures inside and out - the Ohio Statehouse can't compare!

Reviewed on 1/28/2017 Ann S

RUN, don't walk, to book your reception at the Statehouse!!! We were searching high and low for the best reception spot. We had no idea the Statehoue was an option. A wedding planner I interviewed mentioned it offhand and one day my then fiancé and I were driving by and decided... Read More I stop in on a whim. The second we were inside we knew it was the spot. They were super easy to work with to go through all details. If you don't have a wedding planner, they will basically provide that service for you, we had happy hour in the Rotunda which is amazing. We used their chairs which were included in the price to save $$. For a very small fee, we were able to offer our guests tours in between the wedding and the reception. The space was just awesome. And what a great location the atrium is for the party. The tall ceilings make for a glamorous look. There are also so many amazing photo opportunities. Take a climb up to ybr top of the cupola with your new husband, stand overhead with your wedding party and get great pictures on the grand staircase. The steps outside the statehouse are also to die for. All of our guests were enamored by it and still talk about the wedding whenever they drive by! HIGHLY RECOMMEND

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Sarah K

Simply put, the Ohio Statehouse is stunning. Everything about our wedding day was just perfect and more than we could have ever asked for. We got married on September 10th and had the most memorable wedding experience thanks to so many of our vendors and especially the Ohio... Read More Statehouse and Sophie. I can't believe it has already been over a month since our special day, but there is not a day that goes by that we don't think about an additional detail that made up our prefect day. We had both our ceremony and reception at the Statehouse and fell in love with the venue from the moment we saw it. Most of our family was from out of state/town and we wanted to truly showcase Columbus! The Statehouse was the first venue we looked at and fell in love. We looked at two others after the Statehouse, just to be sure and we knew the Statehouse was for us. It is a classic, stunning downtown venue that most don't seem to know about yet! It has character, history and elegance that is timeless. Along with the beautiful venue, the staff (specifically Sophie) was incredible! Sophie was beyond helpful during the entire process - she accommodated our every need and gave us all that we could ask for. Sophie was honest, genuine, kind, thoughtful, talented, detail-oriented and truly had our vision in mind. She was just a great person to get to know though all of this. Both Kyle and I would highly recommend the Ohio Statehouse - it was the most incredible day filled with love that we will hold close to our hearts forever. Thank you, Sophie! We couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Andrea R

We just got married Oct. 1st and the statehouse was more amazing than we could have dreamed. First off, you cannot beat the beauty of the building. My husband loved the history and I could not get over the gorgeous space. Then there is Sophie. I can not brag enough about how... Read More amazing she was throughout the whole process. I told everyone she was my wedding planner. :) Sophie is the Statehouse coordinator who was on top of every detail. I needed a lot of help in making decisions and she helped me in a way that did not stress me out (which happens a lot when wedding planning). Sophie helped coordinate with all of our vendors, making sure they knew exactly what to do and when. She organized the meetings and sent us detailed lists each time. I love when people are organized, and Sophie is on it! Picking a venue is hard, but you truly can not go wrong with the Statehouse. Our reception was perfect!!

Reviewed on 9/30/2016 Patty D

My husband and I were married in August, and had our wedding reception at the Ohio Statehouse. I can't believe that it's already been over a month now and that I'm just now sitting down to write this review. Simply put, it was the most magical day of my life and it's hard to... Read More know where to begin to express my gratitude for that perfect day! Sophie is beyond talented at her job and I knew upon meeting her that she is passionate and caring with every single one of her couples. We booked the Statehouse 17 months out from our wedding date, and Sophie made us feel welcomed from day one! Through coffee and wedding planning dates, to the countless detailed emails and communication leading up to the wedding... It's hard to walk away from these 17 months and not feel like you've gained a friend. Our cocktail hour was in the Rotunda and reception in the Atrium room. Both were equally breathtaking and allowed for such a timeless and romantic night in such an impressively historic building. The night played out seamlessly, as Sophie never skipped a beat (even ran back to our hotel across the street to grab a letter that my husband forgot!) and she already built the best relationships with our other vendors. From our Scottish family wandering the halls of the Statehouse in their kilts and drinks in hand, to the beautiful decor and layout of the evening, to the endless dancing and party that no one wanted to end - it was perfect! Our family and friends are STILL calling us to reminisce stories and wanting to relive the unforgettable night. Thank you, Sophie!