Redefining the Wedding DJ

Okyne Medialab is known as Chicago's young, fun DJ company. We cut out the cheesy stuff, don't hog the mic, and don't play songs like the 'Chicken Dance.' With online planning tools, straightforward pricing, and some of the most talented DJs in Chicago, we keep the dance floor packed all night!

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Indian, Jazz, Latin, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

1341 West Fullerton Avenue, Chicago, IL Chicago & Suburbs (800) 996-5963

Reviewed on 12/29/2017 Kristina R

When we first started looking for Wedding DJ's we were slightly overwhelmed and when we received a short list of trusted professionals from our caterer, we were sold on Okyne after looking through their online tools and setting up an initial meeting. You could tell they were... Read More super buttoned up and organized from the start. Fast forward to our planning session a few weeks before the wedding, and the online tools made it super easy to talk through expectations and flow of the event. Al even recommended a second set of speaker options in our venue since they had so much experience working there. We felt 100% confident in the plan going into the night which made everything so carefree. At the reception, I had SO many people come up and rave about the music... DJ Gordon played all of the perfect songs from our love and like lists, adding in more that just enhanced the energy even more. We actually just got a few videos from friends from the dance floor and we have watched them a bunch of times because everyone was so happy and into it. Gordon and the entire Okyne team did a phenomenal job and made us feel so taken care of. It was a really rainy day and we couldn't use the patio so we were so happy that people did not want to move off of that dance floor. - Kristina & Andrew, A New Leaf Wedding 10/14/17

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Megan W

Al paired us with DJ Alan for our wedding in May at Meson Sabika in Naperville. Alan really catered to the audience, which was tough for the many different ages and music preferences (attendees from all over US, Canada, Europe, and India). The dance floor was packed all night... Read More and our guests are still talking about how much fun they had over six months later! Al O. even stopped by before the ceremony to ensure everything was in order and ready to go. Alan did our ceremony and cocktail hour as well, perfectly timing some classics from "Into the Mystic" to an instrumental version of "Somewhere over the Rainbow" when my dad walked me down the aisle. Overall, we really enjoyed planning with Okyne. We were doing everything long distance from California, but they made it as easy for us as possible. Al had a couple Google Hangouts with us to talk through our preferences which helped a lot. If you are looking for a solid wedding DJ without dealing with the over the top "wedding MC" vibes, Okyne is for you.

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Emily K

Okyne was amazing to work with during our wedding planning process. They were extremely accommodating, fun and definitely nail their role as the hype team at a party. Both Al and Stacy are so nice, thorough, organized and friendly and helped make the planning enjoyable. They... Read More were flexible when we decided to have our friends' band also play closer to the wedding. They were also extremely accessible and clearly really love what they do. We had DJ Al the night of and he crushed our playlist and did a fantastic job as the MC with extremely difficult last names across the board.

Reviewed on 12/05/2017 David M

Okyne was a no brainer for us. We talked to a few people and their presentation literally just blew us away and we signed with them 24 hours after meeting. They were awesome to work with and we were assigned Kris who was just amazing and super sweet. They were a team that was... Read More really on their game, overall just a pleasure to work with and talk to, and very quick to respond to any question or concern very quickly. The music they played was exactly what we wanted and there was never a song played that we didn't like or didn't go with our vibe.

Reviewed on 12/04/2017 Kathryn F

Working with Okyne Medialab was a true pleasure! Our one goal for the wedding was to have everyone on the dance floor throughout the night and that is exactly what happened. DJ Alan did an amazing job and the dance floor was packed the entire night. It was a perfect mix of music... Read More that was good for all the different age groups at our wedding. We are so happy that we decided to go with Okyne Medialab - they did not disappoint!

Reviewed on 12/02/2017 Jamie B

We used Okyne for our September wedding after they were recommended by our venue. There were some misunderstandings for the color-changing uplights, however Al was quick to fix the miscommunication and partnered with a vendor to provide the DMX lighting we originally asked for.... Read More On the day of our wedding our Dj Kris was very professional and energetic. I just happened to go through the timeline with him prior only to realize the wrong timeline was being used. My advice is to update the tool provided in advance and verify when you have the call with your DJ. Kris kept our dancefloor full and was very receptive and quick to play requests from our guests. I am not quite sure we had our "Club like" feel we requested, however everyone was dancing and having a blast.I loved that DJ Kris let the music play and didn't talk on the mic excessively. The one complaint I have is concerning the lighting provided by the vendor Okyne partners with. 2 of our color changing up-lights were broken. Before the ceremony my husband verified the room and found 2 lights blinking on and off. One light was deemed not usable and there was no back-up. During the reception another up-light was blinking and was very distracting for me, also with no back-up. Al was quick to return some of our lighting fee to us out of his own pocket, even though this was another vendor issue. I would use Okyne again for their professionalism and talent to keep a dance floor full! Al and Dj Kris were both lovely to work with and make you feel valued.

Reviewed on 11/24/2017 Jasmine J

Overall, Al and Stacy Okyne were an absolute JOY to work with. They make everything so simple right down to your personal client site that allows you to customize the tone of your wedding music without actually having to create an entire playlist from scratch. To top off the... Read More experience, the DJ was OFF THE CHARTS AMAZING. He played all the hits on my requested list and rounded out his playlist with the best music could have asked for. Our party actually ran over by about 30 minutes because people refused to leave the dance floor!!! They supplied us with a pianist during our cocktail hour as well and the music was lovely. Cannot say enough about Okyne MediaLab. If you're thinking about booking them, don't think any longer just do it! You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Stephanie H

We first had interest in Okyne Medialab because of their stellar reviews. Our first interaction with them was a video chat and we loved their easy online planning tool and approach to throwing a great party. The only part I did not love was that you did not get to know who... Read More your DJ was upfront. However, the week before our wedding, we found out we had DJ Gordon, and we ended up being in GREAT hands. DJ Gordon was an amazing DJ and threw a killer party for us on our wedding night. We provided him some songs that are our style and that we thought would be good for the group we had at the wedding. From there, Gordon was able to really read the crowd and select the perfect songs to keep people on the dance floor all night long. We could not have asked for better song selection, mixing, or professionalism. On top of that all, he was a really nice guy, and enjoyable to have there on our wedding night. After the "last song", all of our guests were still out there on the dance floor chanting for "one more song." This was really a testament to the great skills Gordon has.

Reviewed on 11/10/2017 Ashley W

Okyne Medialab was fantastic! Al and Stacy were very prompt in responses, meetings, etc. Everything went very smoothly ! We also had the uplighitng and ceremony mic packages which made things much easier for planning purposes ! Our wedding DJ was Alan and he was amazing, we... Read More have a very big dance crew and he kept our dance floor going up until our sparkler sendoff, nothing but good things to say about this wedding DJ company!

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Andrew J

Used Okyne for our wedding on October 13th at Cafe Brauer and DJ Matt was amazing. Things started a little slow on the dance floor and my wife and I were concerned, but Matt was quick to calm us down and assure us that people were just grabbing drinks and getting into the swing... Read More of things. Shortly thereafter, things picked up immediately and the rest of the night was an absolutely blast. Would highly recommend Okyne, not just for the day-of itself but also for the great tools they use for planning and the fact that they sit down via Google Hangouts for a face-to-face before the event to ensure every detail is just right. Thanks again for a wonderful night!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Hannah M

We had Alan as our DJ and he made sure to keep everyone on the dance floor! Our wedding was at Galleria Marchetti which has an amazing out door area and our worry was we would lose people out there. Alan was able to keep the dance floor going the entire night! We also added a... Read More saxophonist/ drummer to play along with the DJ and we are so happy we did! Everyone loved the add on and it made it feel like there was a band but at a much smaller charge! My husband and I were also on the dance floor the entire time! Alan made sure that all the songs on our love list were played while we were in the room! I highly recommend using Okyne!

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Nicole S

Looking back on our wedding, my husband and I always knew having Okyne play our wedding was a no-brainer. What we didn't know was just how great of a choice we had made. DJ Ben did an AMAZING job to say the least. Right from the get-go we were very comfortable with him. One of... Read More the most important things to us on our wedding day was to have a rockin', full dance floor and DJ Ben definitely delivered. It was packed through the very last song and we couldn't be happier! He coordinated the timelines so that all the speeches and events flowed seamlessly and everything felt natural. This all couldn't have been done without Stacy and Al's help all the months leading up to the big day and we are eternally grateful. Not only did they give genuine guidance on our music questions, but they also helped us with selecting a lighting package that paired well with the venue. Thank you so much to Okyne Medialab for all you did and for giving us the wedding we had dreamed of!

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Edna F

Okyne Medialab was perfect for our wedding! DJ Dan was awesome and everyone loved the music. Their online tools are so great and easy to work with to help customize what music you want. But the DJ for sure deserves the most credit for being so great at reading the crowd and... Read More mixing it up just right to get everyone dancing!

Reviewed on 7/04/2017 Lexi H

Overall Alan did a great job as our DJ. Almost a month later and people are still raving about how great our music was, and how he kept the dance floor packed. We went to another wedding recently and the bride told us she wished she could have booked our DJ instead! The owner... Read More Al really took a personal interest in the planning process, which I appreciated, and their on-line planning tools were helpful and easy to use. I would have liked to meet the DJ once ahead of time, but it wasn't a big deal. I liked that this company also offered some lighting options. We chose to add a small package of up-lighting, which I was happy with and appreciated being able to add a little extra ambiance without having to deal with an extra vendor. There were only a few minor negatives, which might have been avoided if I had a chance to be more specific beforehand: there was a song dedicated to my parents, but they were not in the room when Alan started to play their song, so we had to send someone to find them. This may be my only actual complaint about Alan... the DJ should know to check that the parents of the bride are around before playing the song dedicated to the parents of the bride. Also, there was one classic song, where he played a different version than I requested, but I blame myself here, I should have added a comment explaining that I wanted that specific version so he knew I wasn't just confused about the usual singer. Overall, great experience and I definitely would recommend this company!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Marcella H

Very organized and great to work with. We had an eclectic sound of 80's tune (my favorites) and country (my husband's) - so we were a DJ's nighmare basically :) But our DJ Gordon made this work amazingly. We would highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Amy K

Working with Okyne for our wedding was a great experience! DJ Matt kept our dance floor packed, and he was very accommodating to special, last-minute requests; he even let me (the bride) swipe a microphone to karaoke on the dance floor! He was also very helpful in keeping our... Read More reception schedule on track, and he checked in with us often to make sure we were happy with how the night was going. A major benefit to working with Okyne is their easy planning process. Their online planner was a great tool; we could easily select our songs from an extensive list, and it also organized our timeline and requests, which helped make sure we weren’t forgetting anything. The owner, Al, also did a final meeting with us before the wedding to make sure everything was understood and correct. From planning to dancing, working with them was great!

Reviewed on 5/21/2017 Brittni S

Our wedding was amazing and ridiculously fun. DJ Gordon completely killed it. From the pre-ceremony, ceremony, reception he nailed it all. Our dance floor never let up because every time a new song came on and you didn't want to leave. I can't tell you how many people said our... Read More wedding was the most fun one they've ever been too and a lot of it was because of our DJ. Do yourself a favor, it’s a huge stress relief not to have to worry about an empty dance floor and people having fun. At one point my husband asked Gordon if he was good (referring to his shirt) and Gordon goes no and then tucks in the back of his shirt. Seriously he was the man! Thank you guys so much we are so happy we went with Okyne! Could not have asked for a better DJ than Gordon! With appreciation from the bottom of our hearts!

Reviewed on 4/25/2017 Elizabeth E

Getting a good DJ was very important to my husband, so he researched about 15 companies in the Chicago-land area and as soon as we spoke with Okyne Media we knew they were the ones! We were absolutely thrilled with our entire experience. From our initial conversations to the... Read More wedding night, we loved working with them. DJ Alan was phenomenal and we received so many compliments. He was extremely professional and really understand what my husband and I wanted and kept the crowd dancing all night. I am so thankful that we hired them for our wedding!

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 Amy S

What can we say? We LOVED our wedding reception thanks in huge part to DJ Al and the Okyne team! From day one of working with Okyne, it was smooth sailing. They answered my millions of questions and set my type-A personality at ease! The online tools made selecting our music and... Read More making a timeline super easy. All of our guests continue to tell us how much FUN they had at our wedding and we couldn't agree more! The dance floor was packed the entire night with our favorite songs being played. I know we were both on the dance floor the majority of the night. My feet were swollen for two days after! Haha Totally worth it! Now when we hear a song that was played at our wedding we turn to each other and smile! Exactly what we were looking for in our wedding DJ. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you to Okyne Medialab a million times for helping to make our dream day a reality! Book Okyne and you won’t go wrong!

Reviewed on 2/02/2017 Breanne B

Well, what can we say and where do we begin?? All we have to say is WOW. Al and Stacy are a power couple that run an incredible company and its because of one very important thing: they LOVE what they do. Their passion trickles down to each one of their DJ's and to say that... Read More their team is talented is an understatement. From the moment you talk to Al, you feel like you've known him for years. He and his team provide everything you will need on your wedding day such as trust, enthusiasm and a guarantee to rocking your wedding to the max. We had DJ Alan, and he KILLED it. Music is one of the most important aspects of a wedding and Alan just "gets it". EVERYONE was on the dance floor from the first song until the very last. We saw people dancing that we've never seen dance before. Al and his team are truly amazing at their craft and are pure professionals from day one. We had absolutely no worries throughout the planning process, as they took care of it all! People are STILL talking about how amazing our DJ was! Hands down, the best night of our lives, thanks to Al and team. Thank you thank you, THANK YOU!!!!

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Richard C

My wife and I contracted with Okyne Media Lab for DJ services on our wedding day, after being put in touch with them by a company supplying our string trio (Sarlas Music Inc). We had some initial calls with the company's founder, Al Okyne, and on the organisational side of... Read More things we were very impressed. Al was responsive in answering all our questions, and we appreciated a secondary catch-up call during the week of the wedding to go over any final details. Okyne Media Lab also offers a decent client portal on their website that allows you to enter all your event details and timings in advance, and create a selection of “must hear” / “like to hear” / “must not hear” songs from their extensive library. You can create these lists at your leisure in the weeks leading up to your event, and save them for editing later. The DJ then mixes those in with their own selections according to your taste. Unfortunately we did have some issues with DJ Corey on the day itself, where some pre-defined details were not adhered to, and there was some disagreement on musical style and attitude. We've since discussed it with Al Okyne, who was happy to speak to the DJ and then arrange a follow-up call with ourselves, and we understand that the matter has now been dealt with. Overall Okyne Media Lab are a well-organised company, and the DJ was on time and well-presented on the day itself. We'd simply encourage future couples to be very specific about their expectations, ideally to the DJ him/herself, to avoid any misunderstanding.

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Julie S

We booked Okyne for our 10/29/16 wedding based off of recommendations from our wedding planner. We met with Matt, who was fun and energetic. He was really able to get the party going and everyone enjoyed the music that he played. I was extremely pleased with his services, and... Read More I was so sad when it was time for him to end the music! I highly recommend this company, especially Matt, if you are looking for a DJ that will get your guests out of the seats and on the dacefloor!

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Sommer R

Ummm...My feet still have not recovered from our wedding in mid-Oct (only half kidding)! After meeting Al at an open house at our venue, Okyne was also a recommendation from our wedding planner, so we figured we'd set up a meeting, and were immediately sold. Not only were they... Read More easy to work with, they REALLY live up to their promises. Alan was our DJ and I have never had so much fun in my life. I probably did a terrible job of interacting with guests if they weren't on the dance floor (though there were very few of those), and based on the photos, learned I should not sing/scream so much when a photographer is around (not pretty), but I couldn't help myself. It was amazing! The dance floor was packed the whole night...with friends, cousins, aunts, uncles, the few kids...he played something for everyone, and when there was a song request (since song requests were banned), he made sure to get my permission. The biggest concern during planning my mother and mother in law had was the music...they wanted to be sure we threw a fun party, and fun party it was! I kinda (really) want to relive the night over and over again! Thank you!!

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Christina S

The absolute perfect DJ for our wedding day!! We had fabulous success with Okyne Medialab. From the first meeting with Al we felt that our thoughts and ideas about music were really taken into consideration. Their online tools were extremely easy to work with and helped us... Read More organize our day so that the exact music played at the correct time. DJ Gordon was fantastic on the wedding day! It was an extremely windy day and we were married outside, but DJ Gordon worked magic to make sure the music and ceremony were easily heard by all of our guests. During the cocktail hour and dinner the music provided a perfect backdrop for our guests to mingle to. In addition, once the dance floor opened it was packed all night!! We loved how DJ Gordon easily transitioned from song to song and we felt that all of our guests found time to make it to the dance floor. The music was so perfect that myself and the groom spent the last hour of the wedding rocking out on the dance floor!! I strongly recommend this company for anyone planning a wedding and wants to work with easy going and professional DJ's that will make your wedding a night to remember forever!!

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Patty M

We absolutely loved DJ Kristian with Okyne Medialab! From day one, the company was extremely professional. We had a special request -- we wanted a specific brand of their speakers to be used for our wedding -- and they were one of the only DJ companies that would accommodate... Read More this request. Al did an excellent job of walking us through the amazing software they use that shows you popular choices for all of the different parts of your wedding! It also has a great search feature that can help you find virtually any song you may want to play. Stacy stayed on top of the process and made sure we met our deadlines. DJ Kris did a great job reading the crowd and keeping tons of people on our dance floor all night long! He was also extremely professional and made sure to ask everyone how to pronounce their names for the wedding party entrance -- and he practiced it a couple of times too. The entire night went perfectly and we couldn't have done it without Okyne Medialab!