Because you want your wedding day to last forever!

Former curator Sally Lorensen Conant, Ph.D. offers special care for your new or vintage gown. When your gown is clean, you personally inspect it before it is packed for travel or preserved in museum-quality materials. Written international guarantee. Vintage gowns, veils, and christening gowns beautifully restored. Ask about our free services including free shipping back to you. Endorsed by Association of Bridal Consultants.

Dry Cleaning + Preservation

D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

454 Old Cellar Road, Orange, CT (800) 950-6482

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Alison G

Sally did a spectacular job cleaning and preserving my daughter's wedding gown! It was covered with red wine stains which our local cleaners said would never come out. We were desperate. Sally had me bring the dress right over and immediately set to work her magic on the red... Read More wine stains. Within a few hours I received an email she had done the miraculous and the stains were GONE! Then Sally fully cleaned and pressed the dress. Best of all, you come back and see it cleaned and returned to its original splendor! She then packs it up right in front of you, in a beautiful acid-free preservation box with a lovely display window. Sally is perfectly delightful, so friendly, engaging and knowledgeable. It was truly a highlight to the end of the wedding process. I have recommended Sally's work to many of my friends, not only for wedding dresses, but Christening gowns and other most cherished fabrics. Sally is indeed a miracle worker!

Reviewed on 1/25/2017 Erika G

Sally was amazing to work with! She let me inspect my dress before packing it up and I was able to see the whole process of how it is done! She took such care in making sure the dress was placed in box correctly and neatly. Stunning job! Its an art of its own! Thank you again!

Reviewed on 1/14/2018 Lauren M

Sally did an amazing job cleaning my dress- the bustle had broken the night of the wedding and I ended up dragging my dress most of the night. It was so dirty but Sally made it look brand new! She did an amazing job and was a pleasure to talk with. I would recommend to anyone.

2018-01-14T16:20:25 Response from the vendor

Bustles are the most contrary things! Delighted you were so pleased and very happy to help

Reviewed on 1/12/2018 Aminta A

Amazing! I bought my dream dress online but did not expect it to have a stain down the inside bust/lower outside bodice area. While hard to notice, my OCD mind was going insane. She worked on it and sent it back within 3 weeks over Christmas/New Years time! I received the dress... Read More and am amazed - the stain is gone from my dress and the silky material was not damaged with harsh chemicals. I tried the dress on today and for the first time in this whole stressful wedding planning process felt "bridal". I can't wait to get married and celebrate with our friends and family. Thank you Sally for the magic that you do!

2018-01-13T09:34:12 Response from the vendor

What a lovely review! So happy you are pleased and delighted to know we helped relieve the stress. Getting married should be fun, too! All best wishes for your very special day!

Reviewed on 1/07/2018 lauren b

The best ever!! I would go to any other place and I searched far and wide for a place to restore my great aunts gown. Thank you so so much for bringing it back to life!

2018-01-07T15:17:25 Response from the vendor

So happy we could help! Much loved and beautiful gown that deserved to be worn and admired again.

Reviewed on 1/02/2018 Michele G

Sally and team did a wonderful job on my daughter's Lela Rose lace wedding dress. It had mustard stains on the back and was torn under the arms. Sally hand mended the tears, reconstructing the lace! And the mustard was done!! Thank you Sally.

2018-01-02T12:59:50 Response from the vendor

Truly my pleasure!

Reviewed on 12/13/2017 Victoria V

Sally restored my gown to near perfect condition after a wet outdoor wedding. I went to her convinced my dress was ruined and was shocked at the end result! She is extremely accommodating and had my dress done a week sooner than she told me originally. I will be recommending... Read More Orange Restoration Labs to all my engaged friends!

2017-12-13T16:30:17 Response from the vendor

So glad you were pleased. Your gown was the perfect look for you and your bouquet was so interesting. Loved looking at the photos of Lord Thompson Manor--such an unusual venue!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Patricia M

Sally Conant and Orange Labs are amazing! They restored by wedding gown from the mid-1970's back to its original condition. The dress had been dry cleaned and stored in what I mistakenly thought was an airtight heirloom storage box. Imagine my horror when my daughter and opened... Read More the box and discovered that horrible rust colored stains had developed over area of the gown's bodice. I thought the dress was ruined. Luckily, Sally's fabric expertise saved the day. All traces of the discoloration have been removed, and my daughter intends to wear the dress at her own wedding. To top it off, Sally's friendly manner and interesting stories make dealing with this company a very pleasant experience. Thank you!

2017-09-05T12:53:04 Response from the vendor

You are very welcome. Delighted you are pleased. Your gown was one of the fun ones to do--looks beautiful!

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Katherine B

Sally was referred to me by a bridal consultant as "best in the business." This was no overstatement- She restored my gown purchased off-the-rack, dusty and covered in lint, to the point that I fell in love with it all over again. The gown has an extremely intricate ruffle... Read More texture that had to be cleaned individually. I received quotes from other dry cleaners telling me it would take at least two, probably three months. Sally got the job done in under two weeks for a very reasonable price. Above all, holding a PhD in Art History, she treats every piece with love, care and precision- a trademark sign of someone in love with their craft and valuing her clients' relationships. She even followed up with an email including post-care instructions. I look forward to having this dress cleaned with her after my wedding, along with restoring other heirloom pieces!

2017-08-24T19:19:18 Response from the vendor

Look forward with great pleasure to seeing you again :)

Reviewed on 7/28/2017 Monica C

Sally at Orange Resoration Lab was excellent. My dress was in desperate need of a thorough cleaning and Sally both cleaned it back to perfect condition and preserved it ( as well as an heirloom veil!) with perfection. I cannot recommend Sally and Orange Restoration Labs enough.

2017-07-29T07:35:39 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much! Means a lot to me that you were pleased.

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Sally B

After hearing nothing but praise for Orange Restoration Labs, I decided that it was the ideal place to take our treasured seventy-year-old family christening gown. What a perfect decision! From the minute I met Sally C. and saw her work, I knew that she was the one to restore... Read More our family heirloom to its original beauty. So it was - from yellow and stained to white and pristine. It looks like a brand new delivery from France - all ready for our soon-to-arrive precious bundle of joy!

2017-06-30T09:25:52 Response from the vendor

Love christening gowns! Thank you for trusting us with it!

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Nancy M

Orange Restoration Lab restored my 37 year old wedding gown! Over the years, the white lace had turned a terrible color, and there was a spot on the dress. My younger daughter has always admired the dress (in pictures) and wants to wear it next summer. I brought it to Orange... Read More Restoration Labs and they restored my wedding dress to as good as new status! Superb work! The dress and the lace were a beautiful white again. Dealing with Orange Restoration was a pleasure. Sally was professional and genuinely cared about restoring the dress. She takes great pride in her work and that of Orange Restoration Labs. I would absolutely recommend Orange Restoration to a bride seeking to restore a wedding dress or to have her dress preserved for the future. My older daughter had her dress preserved by Orange Restoration and it was done expertly, timely and at a reasonable price.

2017-06-29T15:35:06 Response from the vendor

So happy you are pleased.!

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Marion B

I inherited a treasured embroidered art work done by my Grandmother's sisters in Denmark. It had been hanging in My Mother's kitchen for years. The piece was discolored, it had stains and a few holes! What a Joy to see it renewed. The Holes are fixed and the color restored.... Read More I am just thrilled. I'd trust Orange restoration with any treasured item of fabric. If it can be done, Orange Restoration Labs can do it!

2017-06-22T09:51:55 Response from the vendor

My pleasure! Such a lovely little piece.

Reviewed on 1/23/2017 Shannon R

If you want the best look no further. Sally really takes her time with her gowns and treats them with care and respects. Sally was able to fully clean the bottom of my lace gown which suffered from some dirt stains from picture taking and much dancing. The beads and buttons were... Read More all reinforced and Sally really made the dress look as beautiful as the first time I fell in love with it. When I picked up the dress Sally took her time packing my dress and veil and just reconfirmed I brought my dress to the right place. I now have a beautifully preserved gown I can visit from time to time and recall all the amazing memories I made in it and someday show my children. Sally thank you again so much for all of your hard work I truly appreciate it.

2017-06-29T15:33:53 Response from the vendor

So happy you are pleased!

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Paige M

Go and get your dress preserved here- I am so happy that I did! Sally was easy and a joy to work with. She did an amazing job cleaning my gown and veil. My favorite part was she lets you see your gown all cleaned and then packages it right in front of you into a beautiful box.... Read More She answered all my questions and is extremely knowledgeable about all different gowns, fabrics, designers etc. Overall service is top notch and I would HIGHLY recommend!

2017-01-16T13:16:59 Response from the vendor

So glad you were pleased. Beautiful gown!

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Pamela R

We were so pleased with the way the dress came out. There were orange spots on it and the dress was so stiff from age, but now it looks brand new! The dress was from my 1980's wedding and you would never know it now.

2017-01-16T13:16:18 Response from the vendor

Vintage gowns such as yours are so much fun--makes you so happy and me, too.

Reviewed on 8/18/2016

Thank You, Sally! I was shocked when I took out our 57 year old "once gorgeous" organdy christening dress with lovely appliqués! It was soiled and almost brown. Thankfully, Sally's web site popped right up at my restoration inquiry..... I called that very minute, quite... Read More late in the day! Sally was so pleasant and assured me that she could restore the lovely dress to its original condition. One week later it was ready! Beautifully WHITE, APPLIQUÉS GORGEOUS, THE DRESS RESTORED TO PERFECTION. We were ecstatic! Sally is delightful and pleasant to work with... I would recommend her HIGHLY!!!!!

2016-08-22T10:50:18 Response from the vendor

You are very welcome! It was truly my pleasure as I love working with organdy--so fresh and crisp.

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 Jenny H

Sally at orange restoration labs was an absolute please to work with from the very beginning!! I am so happy with my results!! I will post a picture after the wedding!!

Reviewed on 7/03/2016

I cannot even begin to express the OUTSTANDING AND PROFESSIONAL job that Sally did on restoring my wedding gown (which is over 32 years old)... IT LOOKED LIKE NEW AGAIN! When my daughter had told me that she wanted to wear my gown on her Wedding Day... that in itself was a... Read More HUGE HONOR! However, when I pulled the dress from the original restoration box from another vendor.... the gown was NOT cleaned/restored properly and there were stains at the bottom of the train as well as pearls missing and some lace was loose, etc. I was BESIDES MYSELF! NOW WHAT DO I DO, well.. by the GRACE OF GOD... I did a search on-line for Gown restorations and found Sally... THANK GOD I FOUND YOU SALLY!!!! You exceeded my expectations, restored the gown to almost like NEW again and went above and beyond by actually even stitching the loose lace and adding the add'l pearls at the front of the dress that were missing! I CANNOT THANK YOU ENOUGH for all you did! I WILL RECOMMEND YOU TO EVERYONE I KNOW!!! EVERYONE! I do plan to post it on my facebook account.. I do have every intention to post your website on my facebook account in a "public" forum. I THANK YOU WITH ALL MY HEART ... FOR NOT ONLY DOING SUCH A FANTASTIC, WONDERFUL, AMAZING JOB on the dress... BUT FOR BEING SO GRACIOUS and KIND AS WELL! I'm soooooo very fortunate to have found you on-line and thank you for making this already special day... EVEN MORE SPECIAL... GOD BLESS YOU!!!!

2016-07-18T14:47:39 Response from the vendor

Maria, it was truly my pleasure. I always enjoy projects such as yours because it is very satisfying to bring a gown back to life. But it's rare and quite wonderful to make someone so happy. You have such a sunny personality. Shine on! Hugs,... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/21/2016 cara p

Sally did an amazing job cleaning and preserving my gown! Best of all, she cleans it first and then allows you to come back and see it again, restored to its glory! She then packs it up right in front of you, in a beautiful display box. She was super flexible with appointment... Read More times and even made sure to finish my dress early, as I have a baby coming very soon. I would highly recommend this company and Sally to be trusted with your precious garments.

2016-06-22T09:03:06 Response from the vendor

So appreciate your review. All best wishes to you and the baby. July babies are the best!

Reviewed on 6/21/2016 Christie

Sally was incredibly wonderful, professional, and very knowledgeable. She put a rush on my dress, and had it ready in 3 days so I could see the finished product before I moved across the country. I highly recommend orange restoration labs.

2016-06-22T09:05:29 Response from the vendor

So very gracious of you to take the time to write a review when you are in the middle of such a huge move! Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 6/21/2016

They are knowledgeable about what they do. I spent time researching the bridal gown preservation process and this company can tell you what their process is. My Mom's 1981 wedding gown, which I altered and wore for my wedding was well cleaned and I feel good about the packaging... Read More process. Also, if the gown is ever to be worn again, they have a guarantee with it. I believe it is that they will iron it for you? Anyway, there is some guarantee. My only complaint is that they charged me a $4 shipping fee. I didn't notice this fee until after I left (I picked everything up, nothing was shipped to or from the business in Connecticut.) They charge a higher price for silk than other fabrics. My Mom swears her gown isn't silk but I was told at Orange Restoration Labs that it is. I did get charged the higher price, but really didn't mind since their prices are more than competitive and I felt they did a good job.

2016-06-21T13:05:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you for bringing your mother's gown to us, and thank you for your review. I am delighted you were pleased with our work and for the chance to explain our guarantee. We guarantee that your gown will not yellow or have caramelized sugar stains.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/27/2016 Lauren C

The service was very easy, convenient and quicker than expected. They packaged the dress in a box which allows me to view the gown. Fabulous service, I would recommend to anyone looking to preserve their gown!

Reviewed on 4/13/2016

Before deciding on a place to take my daughter's wedding gown for cleaning I called or stopped at several local dry cleaners and didn't feel comfortable with any of the responses I received about care and cleaning of the gown. I finally did a google search and discovered Orange... Read More Restoration Labs. After speaking with Sally on the phone I was confident that it would be worth the almost two hours drive from RI to have my daughter's gown expertly cleaned and preserved! We were both extremely pleased and couldn't believe the results! The gown was very heavily soiled at the bottom and every bit of soil was removed! Couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 3/16/2016 Ashley R

Sally was excellent to worth with and responded quickly to my messages. My dress looks just as beautiful as it did the day I brought it home for the first time. The box is bigger than I expected but I can look at it anytime I want and the warranty is great. I would recommend... Read More them for your dress preservation.

Meet The President

Sally Lorensen Conant, Ph.D.

Who knew an art historian with OCD is the perfect person to care for your wedding gown! But trust and quality are essential to gown care, and museum training was the best possible preparation for the work I do now. Making brides and moms happy is also very special, and I love watching your face light up when you come to inspect your gown after cleaning. Sometimes your mom even cries when she sees what we can do with her gown and veil or your grandmother's gown and veil. After nearly thirty years and many, many, thousands of gowns, it is still fun to be part of your wedding experience