Because you want your wedding day to last forever!

Former curator Sally Lorensen Conant, Ph.D. offers special care for your new or vintage gown. Your gown cleaned, pressed and packed for travel or cleaned and preserved in museum-quality materials with a written international guarantee. Vintage gowns and christening gowns beautifully restored. Ask about free services. Endorsed by Association of Bridal Consultants.

Dry Cleaning + Preservation

454 Old Cellar Road, Orange, CT (800) 950-6482

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Alison G

Sally did a spectacular job cleaning and preserving my daughter's wedding gown! It was covered with red wine stains which our local cleaners said would never come out. We were desperate. Sally had me bring the dress right over and immediately set to work her magic on the red... Read More wine stains. Within a few hours I received an email she had done the miraculous and the stains were GONE! Then Sally fully cleaned and pressed the dress. Best of all, you come back and see it cleaned and returned to its original splendor! She then packs it up right in front of you, in a beautiful acid-free preservation box with a lovely display window. Sally is perfectly delightful, so friendly, engaging and knowledgeable. It was truly a highlight to the end of the wedding process. I have recommended Sally's work to many of my friends, not only for wedding dresses, but Christening gowns and other most cherished fabrics. Sally is indeed a miracle worker!

Reviewed on 1/25/2017 Erika G

Sally was amazing to work with! She let me inspect my dress before packing it up and I was able to see the whole process of how it is done! She took such care in making sure the dress was placed in box correctly and neatly. Stunning job! Its an art of its own! Thank you again!

Reviewed on 1/23/2017 Shannon R

If you want the best look no further. Sally really takes her time with her gowns and treats them with care and respects. Sally was able to fully clean the bottom of my lace gown which suffered from some dirt stains from picture taking and much dancing. The beads and buttons were... Read More all reinforced and Sally really made the dress look as beautiful as the first time I fell in love with it. When I picked up the dress Sally took her time packing my dress and veil and just reconfirmed I brought my dress to the right place. I now have a beautifully preserved gown I can visit from time to time and recall all the amazing memories I made in it and someday show my children. Sally thank you again so much for all of your hard work I truly appreciate it.

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Paige M

Go and get your dress preserved here- I am so happy that I did! Sally was easy and a joy to work with. She did an amazing job cleaning my gown and veil. My favorite part was she lets you see your gown all cleaned and then packages it right in front of you into a beautiful box.... Read More She answered all my questions and is extremely knowledgeable about all different gowns, fabrics, designers etc. Overall service is top notch and I would HIGHLY recommend!

2017-01-16T13:16:59 Response from the vendor

So glad you were pleased. Beautiful gown!

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Pamela R

We were so pleased with the way the dress came out. There were orange spots on it and the dress was so stiff from age, but now it looks brand new! The dress was from my 1980's wedding and you would never know it now.

2017-01-16T13:16:18 Response from the vendor

Vintage gowns such as yours are so much fun--makes you so happy and me, too.

Reviewed on 8/18/2016

Thank You, Sally! I was shocked when I took out our 57 year old "once gorgeous" organdy christening dress with lovely appliqués! It was soiled and almost brown. Thankfully, Sally's web site popped right up at my restoration inquiry..... I called that very minute, quite... Read More late in the day! Sally was so pleasant and assured me that she could restore the lovely dress to its original condition. One week later it was ready! Beautifully WHITE, APPLIQUÉS GORGEOUS, THE DRESS RESTORED TO PERFECTION. We were ecstatic! Sally is delightful and pleasant to work with... I would recommend her HIGHLY!!!!!

2016-08-22T10:50:18 Response from the vendor

You are very welcome! It was truly my pleasure as I love working with organdy--so fresh and crisp.

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 Jenny H

Sally at orange restoration labs was an absolute please to work with from the very beginning!! I am so happy with my results!! I will post a picture after the wedding!!

Reviewed on 7/03/2016

I cannot even begin to express the OUTSTANDING AND PROFESSIONAL job that Sally did on restoring my wedding gown (which is over 32 years old)... IT LOOKED LIKE NEW AGAIN! When my daughter had told me that she wanted to wear my gown on her Wedding Day... that in itself was a... Read More HUGE HONOR! However, when I pulled the dress from the original restoration box from another vendor.... the gown was NOT cleaned/restored properly and there were stains at the bottom of the train as well as pearls missing and some lace was loose, etc. I was BESIDES MYSELF! NOW WHAT DO I DO, well.. by the GRACE OF GOD... I did a search on-line for Gown restorations and found Sally... THANK GOD I FOUND YOU SALLY!!!! You exceeded my expectations, restored the gown to almost like NEW again and went above and beyond by actually even stitching the loose lace and adding the add'l pearls at the front of the dress that were missing! I CANNOT THANK YOU ENOUGH for all you did! I WILL RECOMMEND YOU TO EVERYONE I KNOW!!! EVERYONE! I do plan to post it on my facebook account.. I do have every intention to post your website on my facebook account in a "public" forum. I THANK YOU WITH ALL MY HEART ... FOR NOT ONLY DOING SUCH A FANTASTIC, WONDERFUL, AMAZING JOB on the dress... BUT FOR BEING SO GRACIOUS and KIND AS WELL! I'm soooooo very fortunate to have found you on-line and thank you for making this already special day... EVEN MORE SPECIAL... GOD BLESS YOU!!!!

2016-07-18T14:47:39 Response from the vendor

Maria, it was truly my pleasure. I always enjoy projects such as yours because it is very satisfying to bring a gown back to life. But it's rare and quite wonderful to make someone so happy. You have such a sunny personality. Shine on! Hugs,... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/21/2016 cara p

Sally did an amazing job cleaning and preserving my gown! Best of all, she cleans it first and then allows you to come back and see it again, restored to its glory! She then packs it up right in front of you, in a beautiful display box. She was super flexible with appointment... Read More times and even made sure to finish my dress early, as I have a baby coming very soon. I would highly recommend this company and Sally to be trusted with your precious garments.

2016-06-22T09:03:06 Response from the vendor

So appreciate your review. All best wishes to you and the baby. July babies are the best!

Reviewed on 6/21/2016 Christie

Sally was incredibly wonderful, professional, and very knowledgeable. She put a rush on my dress, and had it ready in 3 days so I could see the finished product before I moved across the country. I highly recommend orange restoration labs.

2016-06-22T09:05:29 Response from the vendor

So very gracious of you to take the time to write a review when you are in the middle of such a huge move! Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 6/21/2016

They are knowledgeable about what they do. I spent time researching the bridal gown preservation process and this company can tell you what their process is. My Mom's 1981 wedding gown, which I altered and wore for my wedding was well cleaned and I feel good about the packaging... Read More process. Also, if the gown is ever to be worn again, they have a guarantee with it. I believe it is that they will iron it for you? Anyway, there is some guarantee. My only complaint is that they charged me a $4 shipping fee. I didn't notice this fee until after I left (I picked everything up, nothing was shipped to or from the business in Connecticut.) They charge a higher price for silk than other fabrics. My Mom swears her gown isn't silk but I was told at Orange Restoration Labs that it is. I did get charged the higher price, but really didn't mind since their prices are more than competitive and I felt they did a good job.

2016-06-21T13:05:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you for bringing your mother's gown to us, and thank you for your review. I am delighted you were pleased with our work and for the chance to explain our guarantee. We guarantee that your gown will not yellow or have caramelized sugar stains.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/27/2016 Lauren C

The service was very easy, convenient and quicker than expected. They packaged the dress in a box which allows me to view the gown. Fabulous service, I would recommend to anyone looking to preserve their gown!

Reviewed on 4/13/2016

Before deciding on a place to take my daughter's wedding gown for cleaning I called or stopped at several local dry cleaners and didn't feel comfortable with any of the responses I received about care and cleaning of the gown. I finally did a google search and discovered Orange... Read More Restoration Labs. After speaking with Sally on the phone I was confident that it would be worth the almost two hours drive from RI to have my daughter's gown expertly cleaned and preserved! We were both extremely pleased and couldn't believe the results! The gown was very heavily soiled at the bottom and every bit of soil was removed! Couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 3/16/2016 Ashley R

Sally was excellent to worth with and responded quickly to my messages. My dress looks just as beautiful as it did the day I brought it home for the first time. The box is bigger than I expected but I can look at it anytime I want and the warranty is great. I would recommend... Read More them for your dress preservation.

Fantastic

Reviewed on 12/16/2015 Kate B

I live in NYC, but balked at the prices of having my dress preserved here. ($800+!) I found Orange Restoration Labs online, and all the amazing reviews are totally on point. I saved a bunch of money and Sally did an absolutely fantastic job on my dress. I had a beach wedding and... Read More a silk dress, and by the end of the night, the bottom was frayed and dirty. Now -- no joke -- it looks brand new again. I would recommend Sally and ORL to anyone. Don't hesitate!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Vivian C

My fiancé and I took our engagement shots with the dress I planned to wear for the second half of our wedding. It is Taiwanese tradition to have engagement shots with me in a wedding gown which is why I had this one earlier. We decided to go crazy and do the wedding dress shoot... Read More on the beach. Our photographer coaxed us into have a bit too much fun with the waves and sand which resulted in the dress gaining what felt like ten times its weight in sand and seawater. I thought the dress was ruined after taking it to a local shop who could jot get it cleaned. I rushed it over to Orange and they got it back super quick looking brand new. It was amazing!!

A+++++

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 taber l

Working with Sally to restore my grandmother's 100+ year old veil was by far the best part of planning my wedding!! I did a lot of research online to determine who I could trust with my family's heirloom, and it was Orange Restoration Labs that ended up being my first choice. I... Read More remember my first conversation with Sally over the phone. I was telling her about the veil and she immediately knew from the limited information I shared with her the exact type of lace it was made of. Sally is no doubt an expert in her field! Along with being very knowledgable about wedding gown/veil restoration, Sally has a wonderful personality! Because she was helping me restore and restyle my grandmother's veil, I had the pleasure of spending several hours with her talking about so many different topics while she carefully unstitched hundreds of tiny pieces of lace. It was such a memorable experience for me. I highly recommend doing business with Sally at Orange Restoration Labs. In addition to restoring my grandmother's veil, I also had Sally clean and preserve my wedding gown. She did everything with such care and kindness. I highly recommend using her services!

Exceptional restoration!!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Kat H

Sally was incredibly knowledgeable and lovely and takes pride and care with what she does. She restored my grandmother's 1940's wedding dress to it's original glory and far exceeded my expectations. An absolute pleasure to work with, your dress/ item will be in the best hands... Read More possible with her. She is truly gifted at what she does. The turnaround time was reasonable and I felt the pricing was as well, given the process involved. 'Couldn't say enough good things about my experience there. I will certainly be spreading the word!

Wonderful Experience!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Eva C

Sally and her husband did a great job preserving my wedding gown! The process was very smooth and everything was completed when promised and in a very professional manner. Overall it was a wonderful experience and I would highly recommend Orange Restoration Labs for gown... Read More preservation.

Great Experience!

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Melissa S

Orange Restoration Labs provided wonderful service! Sally was very knowledgeable and I was confident in trusting her to care for my wedding gown. This is truely a professional service and she did a beautiful job. I was able to see my dress before it was packaged and I even got... Read More to watch as it was being stored. The price was very reasonable considering that I had my veil packed and another accessory along with it. Would recommend ORL to anyone!

Good Job!

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Katherine R

I was very pleased with the cleaning and packing services provided by Orange Restoration Labs for my daughter's wedding dress. I felt confident that the dress was handled properly and packed appropriately.I definitely recommend their services.

Lovely

Reviewed on 8/04/2015

Sally was friendly, knowledgeable, and very flexible with drop off and pick up times. The quality of the work was exceptional. She originally trained as a fabric restoration specialist for museums, so I felt safe leaving my gown with her, and I am very pleased with the results.... Read More When I went for inspection before the dress was packed, she let me look at the dress as long as I wanted and then spent at least 20 minutes packing it carefully in acid free paper and an acid free box. The box has two covers layered on top of each other: the inner one has a window so you can look at your dress whenever you want and the outter one covers the window to prevent light damage. Finally, if the dress should ever show damage from a spot missed in cleaning, she is part of a large network of cleaners that will reclean the gown at no cost. Though I doubt I'll ever need that service, it's nice to know it's available. I hope this helped!

Highly recommend !!!

Reviewed on 7/07/2015 Gina R

Fantastic service and great prices!!! I was very concerned in my search for a place I could trust to clean my wedding gown. My custom made Galia Lahav gown has fine details, beading and delicate lace. From the moment I arrived and met Sally, I knew I was in good hands. She... Read More took the time to inspect the gown and reassured me that she knew exactly how to clean it properly. It came out fantastic and looking as if I had never worn it ! She did a fantastic job cleaning my veil as well. Highly recommend !!!

Reviewed on 6/02/2015

I brought my daughters gown to Orange Restoration to repair, clean, and preserve after her March wedding. The hem was absolutely black from dragging through snow. Her gown looks as new as when we left the bridal shop. Appointment scheduling was very flexible. Sally is... Read More meticulous and very professional. Would highly recommend. Good quality service for the money.

PURE PERFECTION!!!!

Reviewed on 5/11/2015

My daughter's beautiful designer silk and satin wedding gown was a total mess. She had her wedding in Manhattan and pictures were taken in the streets of NYC, Brooklyn Bridge park and there were hours of dancing. I thought for sure it was totally ruined. But, thanks to Orange... Read More Restoration, it is perfect again! Sally took an inordinate amount of time focusing on each detail - mending and cleaning the gown. Then she packed it up as if it was the most precious cargo - we recommend Orange Restoration with no reservations - you will not be disappointed. Wish I had another daughter so I could do it all again!!

Meet The President

Sally Lorensen Conant, Ph.D.

Who knew an art historian with OCD is the perfect person to care for your wedding gown! But trust and quality are essential to gown care, and museum training was the best possible preparation for the work I do now. Making brides and moms happy is also very special, and I love watching your face light up when you come to inspect your gown after cleaning. Sometimes your mom even cries when she sees what we can do with her gown and veil or your grandmother's gown and veil. After more than twenty-five years and many, many, thousands of gowns, it is still fun to be part of your wedding experience.