Our Dream Photos by James DeCamp Photography

Ohio, the Midwest & WorldWide

Inspired and joyful wedding photography

Inspired wedding photography – Our Dream Photos by James D. DeCamp, an award winning Columbus wedding photographer creating unique and joyful photos for the happiest day of your lives in Ohio and Worldwide – The Knot Hall of Fame, The Knot Best of Weddings 2010-2017, Wedding Wire Bride’s Choice 2010-2017. Extraordinary, fine art wedding photojournalism.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Columbus, OH Ohio, the Midwest & WorldWide (614) 367-6366
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Ashley J

We were so happy with all of our wedding day pictures! We absolutely love them. Thank you to Jim and Abby, who spent all day with us! They are so friendly and professional, and worked so well with us, other vendors, and the bridal party. They also took it upon themselves to... Read More make sure everything was taken care of that day, so that my husband and I didn't have to stress! I highly, highly recommend Our Dream Photos to any couple getting married!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Jenny S

Wow! We LOVE our pictures. So many great shots! I think the three of us have mastered the dip pose! Lol!  Seriously, so wonderful we love the pictures so much!! You guys were incredible and we loved working with you! I can't stop looking through the albums, don't even know where... Read More to start picking out my favorites!! Please thank Abby for us!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Gibbs B

Jim is simply AMAZING!  I am the mother of the bride and while I haven't looked thru all of the photos yet (there like a thousand!), I showed them to some of my friends today at a gathering and their mouths hung open.  They thought they belonged in Vogue!  Unfortunately for Jim,... Read More I am out of state so they will not be new customers for you.  BUT, I will be showing all of my Columbus friends as well. Thank you so much for the time and attention you gave our family.  We will cherish the photos forever!  Please pass on our thanks to Abby.  She was a real pleasure to work with at the house.

Reviewed on 4/20/2017 Malia H

My husaband and I had the pleasure of getting to know Jim before our wedding and we could not be happier we chose him to be our photographer. He is the consummate professional, but has a silly side! We cannot express how unbelievable he was to work with, from start to finish. He... Read More went above and beyond our expectations. He and his daughter think of every detailed shot and really listen to what you want your pictures to be. You'd be crazy not to book with him!! Thanks Again Jim!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Krista R

I enjoyed having Jim on my special day. I heard that he kept things together when I was running late to the venue. Jim was great to work with and was extremely professional, meeting with us the day before to discuss what sort of photos we'd like and offering suggestions. He made... Read More an otherwise very stressful activity fun and memorable and the pictures were so good! We definitely recommend him!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Lara L

From the initial meeting, up unto our big day, Jim and Abby have been wonderful and professional. They have an amazing ability to blend into the background, while they captured each moment of our perfect day exactly as it happened. We are forever grateful as our memories will... Read More now last forever.

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Jessica H

I can not express how happy I was with Our Dream Photos team! They are really professional, creative and a unique team to work with. Thank you for all your hard work on our incredible photos and for making our wedding day so memorable.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Kelly A

Thank you so so so much for such wonderful photos. They are the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen in my life. You and Abby captured everything and in such great detail. We loved having you as our photographer and we can’t describe how happy we are. Thank you so much.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Lucy E

Having used James in the past for family photographs and I had no hesitation in him taking our wedding photos. My husband had never met James before so there was a little finagling to get him to agree but from the first time we met James to discuss our plans, Adam was happy, and... Read More on the day James and his team really pulled out all the stops make sure we had the best photographs possible. James sense of humor and friendly approach put everyone at ease and we all had such a lot of fun throughout the whole day. We feel that this really does show in the beautiful album we now have and memories from the day that we only dreamed of and would have no hesitation in recommending James to anyone.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Julie N

After getting engaged in November 13 we set about planning our wedding and with a venue we liked available on July 9 things started to coming together pretty quickly. Stumbling across some reviews on The Knot, my now hubby came across Jim. All the reviews were very positive of... Read More both Jim and his team and after checking out his website we made contact and were delighted that he was able to fit us in. Neither of us are particularly natural in front of the camera but the engagement shoot was a great opportunity to become a bit more relaxed about everything and to understand how it would all come together on the big day, which made things much smoother in the end. On the day Jim blended into the background capturing all the important parts of the day in a very un-intrusive way which gave us a lot of great, natural, photos that really reflect the moments of the day. Simply put Jim was great and his style of photographing is awesome. We couldn't be happier with our wedding album and would highly recommend him in the future. Thanks Jim!.

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Nicole S

We found Jim online, we liked his style of photos and we just got a good feeling from his website. We wanted a photographer who would blend in and not control our day. Jim was perfect. The engagement shoot was a great way to settle in to having our photos taken and we instantly... Read More felt at ease with Jim. The day of, his assistant was wonderful in helping get the girls ready while he was photographing the guys. All our guests said what a fun guy he was, it was like he was one of our guests. Thanks Jim for capturing our day so beautifully

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Danielle S

WOW!!! Jim is an amazing photographer - one of a kind! He did both our engagement photo shoot and our wedding and did such an awesome job! All our guests loved him! His service is above and beyond but not only that, he has a kind & true heart. He has helped us in every way. His... Read More photo ideas are just non-stop. You can definitely tell he loves what he does, it's a passion. His enthusiasm and professionalism are super - We would hire him again and again.

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Brianna M

Jim from Our Dream Photos was extremely professional. I chose this studio because I wanted someone with exceptional talent and a creative eye. Also, my venue was The Ohio Statehouse, which has beautiful architecture that I wanted to be highlighted in the photos. Jim accomplished... Read More all of this and produced wonderful wedding photos. The price for a fantastic photographer is worth it. My husband and I couldn't be happier with the results!

Wonderful experience

Reviewed on 11/05/2014

"It was my fiancé who first found Jim....but after talking with Jim long distance (we live across the country from where we were getting married) I felt that our photo needs would be well met. Jim was considerate of the intended atmosphere of the wedding - we wanted it to be a... Read More fun day with family and friends and very simple. We met with Jim and Abby the day before at the venue and I loved that he had already scouted out places for us to have pictures dine - this meeting was full of laughter and I knew were were going to have fun together. Jim has a wonderful eye for taking pictures of things that could never have thought of - when we received our pictures - we loved all the little details - from the program tucked into the back of a chair cover to our rings on a local newspaper showing the date. So neat! He captured many moments that I didn't even know happened and provided documentation of a wonderful day that we can revisit again and again! Many thanks to Jim and Abby for taking the stiffness out of formal photos!" Update: I wrote this review in November 2014 after our wedding on February 15, 2014, but for some reason the wedding date is showing 2015 and I cant figure out how to change it :-)

Great Job!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Hannah S

Jim & his daughter did a great job photographing our wedding. For a couple who doesn't feel natural in front of the camera, they helped us just relax and enjoy our big day. And we love the finished product!

Love!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

Jim and his daughter Abby photographed our wedding and did such a wonderful job! With the two of them present, they were able to catch all our priceless moments. I was just so impressed with how beautiful all our pictures came out. Jim does some amazing effects with his work... Read More that is truly unique. On top of the great work they do, Jim and Abby are such nice people and so easy to work with. I absolutely love my wedding pictures and if you want to love yours too, I strongly suggest using them!

Bride Happy = Father Happy

Reviewed on 10/27/2014

This review is a little different than most on this site - I am the father of the bride and from my perspective, I cannot say enough good things about James DeCamp. Honestly everything for my daughters wedding was pretty much nothing but $$$$ to me - EVERYTHING was more... Read More expensive than than I had ever imagined, but as an ad rep with a great deal of knowledge in the photography field I knew that I wouldn't want to skimp when it came to giving my daughter the best photographer to capture images of her wedding day. While I was familiar with James's outstanding work in the editorial and commercial photography realm, I did not know that he was in the wedding photography business and was pleasantly surprised that after an extensive search my daughter had his name in a short list of five Columbus photographers. My daughter, son-in-law-to-be, wife and I interviewed all five (we actually called it 'The Grilling') and had one photographer literally dripping sweat at the end, but James came off the barbecue completely unscathed and we where hooked. James contacted us several times before the wedding day, giving us wonderful advice and ideas to be able to carve out time for great photos and full of ideas for extra locations to go to to get some of the more demanding photos that my daughter wanted to get. The day of the wedding went off without a hitch, in many way because of James' cool demeanor dispute a few last minute changes, and he easily adapted to the changing weather of the day that had turned nasty at the last minute with the power going out for a short time during the reception. The photos from the wedding where delivered right on time 6 weeks after the wedding and were absolutely amazing. Watching my wife and daughter cry with joy while looking through them made James worth every penny I had paid. James was definitely not the cheapest photographer we had looked at, but there is no question that he was the best. I would hire him again in an instant and would highly recommend him to anyone in need of any kind of photography.

Exceptional talent

Reviewed on 10/23/2014

Wonderful job

Reviewed on 10/23/2014

Great team of Photographers

Reviewed on 10/22/2014

James is a wonderful photographer as you can already see. What you can not see if he is a wonderful man to work with. He was always very professional from the first time we met with him at Panera until (well we are not finished yet with our album) the receiving of the wedding... Read More pictures. He made sure we got all of the pictures we wanted. His daughter, Abby also photographs with him. She is amazing as well! If it was not for her support and smile i might not have made it down the isle on my wedding day! i was so nervous and she stood up there with her until it was my time to walk down! They are just lovely people, very professional. You will not regret working with them on your wedding day, I promise!!

I knew you were good but this is crazy!

Reviewed on 10/22/2014

Can't believe I haven't written this review yet!! We got the email with links to the galleries around midnight and even tho my husband had to get up at 5AM we couldn't stop looking through all of the great photos. I have looked at every single picture and Im floored. Amazing.... Read More My entire family is buzzing about them today. I knew you were good but this is crazy! Thank you so much. I'll probably over order :) Just fabulous thank you and your daughter too. Thanks a million!!!!!

Wonderful

Reviewed on 10/22/2014

James did a wonderful job photographing our wedding. Pictures turned out to be vivid and sharp, he was professional, on time and I would recommend him to anybody who is looking for a great photographer and an artist for their wedding day. Thank you James!

Can I give 10 Stars?

Reviewed on 10/14/2014

Is it possible to give 10 stars? We were beyond satisfied with the service and product produced by this company. We hired Jim to photograph our wedding and he truly made it stress free. Wonderful photos!

So thankful to have found Jim

Reviewed on 10/14/2014

My fiancé and I are so glad we chose Jim as our photographer for both our engagement and wedding. Jim was very courteous and took the time to make sure we got what we needed. On the day of our wedding he and his assistant made us feel comfortable and confident. They gave us... Read More great directions and suggestions for poses and locations but they where also open to our own suggestions. Their photography style is very flattering and flawless. Jim worked hard to make sure our pictures were perfect. We are able to say all the great things he's done because we've seen some of the pictures. They are terrific! We can't wait to show them off to our family and friends. I highly recommend Jim for any type of photography because he is so good and talented at what he does. My fiancé and I feel so thankful to have found Jim

ideal photographer

Reviewed on 10/10/2014

Jim and his team are amazing! We chose him for our wedding and we were lucky to have found such an incredible photographer. We knew the memories of our wedding were once in a lifetime and we wanted to capture them on our special day, and Jim and his daughter helped make it... Read More very special. the vision and art of his pictures were awesome - things I would never have thought of. We are beyond pleased with his talent, professionalism, and his responsiveness to the emails I sent to him. Jim is the ideal photographer and the man you need for all your photography needs.