Outer Banks Music Masters

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

1st St, Kill Devil Hills, NC

Matt Cooper is the BEST!

Reviewed on 6/02/2015 Ashley G

I could not have been happier with Matt as our wedding DJ! He took our suggestions into account, but mostly played off the feeling of the crowd. I had wanted slow soft music during cocktail hour, but our friends came in from our wedding ceremony ready to party! Matt observed... Read More this and adjusted accordingly. Everyone staying in the wedding house with us commented on how wonderful he was the next day. I am not sure I have ever been to a wedding where there wasn't a lull in the energy, but I swear no one sat down once the dance floor was opened. Thanks Matt for helping to make our day so magical!

Awesome DJ!

Reviewed on 10/01/2014 Ariel B

Matt was absolutely awesome before and at our wedding. He was great to prepare with us for everything, helped us by providing a spreadsheet for the songs that we needed for each event. He even reminded me about the 'do not play' list which I completely forgot about. I was... Read More worried about the volume of the music since we got married on the beach but I could hear it over the ocean and it was amazing. Everyone at the wedding raved about the variation of music that was played and how nice Matt was when people asked for songs. I was also really happy that the songs were the edited versions for my family, especially my grandparents.

Matt was great

Reviewed on 6/04/2014

We highly recommend Matt Cooper for wedding DJ services. He was willing to play all our requests (even obscure ones) but knew perfectly how to read the crowd and play the hits. He was professional and fun and made sure everyone had a great time. You will not regret booking Matt.

Amazing DJ!

Reviewed on 10/23/2013

We cannot express our gratitude more to Matt from OBX Music Masters for the wonderful job he did as the DJ at our wedding. He greatly exceeded our expectations and fulfilled all of our requests perfectly! Matt was not only extremely professional, but easy to work with and made... Read More the planning process stress-free. He was always just an email away when we had questions or wanted to change some things up. He played an awesome array of music and had everyone dancing the night away. We received so many compliments regarding the great music and so many of our guests commented on how much fun they had dancing. We cannot thank Matt enough and highly recommend him and OBX Music Masters to anyone needing a DJ for a wedding or event!!! Sincerely, Jamie & Will Hobgood

Thanks, Matt!

Reviewed on 10/15/2013 Corie C

Matt was fantastic! Music is vital to the success of a wedding, particularly the reception, and Outer Banks Music Masters did not disappoint! My now husband and I planned the entire wedding from MD so doing this long distance can really add stress but working with Matt was easy... Read More and took that worry off my plate. We came down earlier this year to conduct interviews and Matt came out and met with us. He was very laid back which was nice and he wasn't trying to sell himself. We appreciated that and hired him. His prices were very reasonable compared to other local DJs as well. He really understood what pieces of that day were most important to us and made sure to get them right by working closely with us. He offered suggestions and ideas. He also worked to make sure all was in order before the big day. We talked the week of the big day to run through the important details of the wedding day and he even called the day before the wedding to make sure nothing had changed! I really appreciated that extra step and it saved me a call because something had changed! The dance floor was never empty and all we have heard was how much fun our wedding was. I know Matt had a lot to do with that and we are so grateful for it. Thanks for making our day stress-free and so much fun for us and our guests!

Outer Banks Music Masters will be the best and easiest decision you will make

Reviewed on 9/08/2013 Laural K

Let me start by saying we planned this wedding in 5 months from 500 miles away, while I (bride) had to take my PhD candidacy exam 2 weeks for the big wedding day. Obviously, I had so many things to stress over in the past 5 months but choosing Matt from OBX Music Masters was not... Read More one of them. I was on the way to get my nails done two days before and he called me just to check in! He made himself readily available for our event and was so easy to work with! He edited our first dance song perfectly and easily adjusted to timeline changes that day like the pro he is! He is sincere and not the type that steals the show - no one noticed "him" but everyone kept telling us what a wonderful DJ we have! We cannot be more thankful. Brides that are planning a wedding in OBX -especially destination type and can't go beforehand- Choose Matt and you will not regret it for a second. I hope I can comfort you in this review- just book him, he will be the best and easiest decision you will make. Everyone notices mistakes but we can truly say that Matt did not make ANY. He was seamless in every transition that day and triple checked wedding party pronounciations beforehand. We had dancing on the outdoor deck and he rocked it the whole evening even with a few passing rain showers! He said to me "What rain!?" with a smile on his face!! He played every single song we wanted AND I felt like he was reading my mind on all the other song choices throughout the night. He kept everyone on the dance floor and played perfect choices during dinner, cocktail hour and at our ceremony. Hands down, best DJ ever!! We could not be more thankful or happy. THANK YOU MATT!

Great Music!

Reviewed on 8/01/2013 Anne M

Matt Cooper at Outer Banks Music Masters was a wonderful DJ for our wedding! He played all the music that we suggested and more! Based on who was on the dance floor, he would develop a play list to keep the guests smiling! Matt did a great job with developing a fun playlist... Read More for all of our guests and us! Thank you!

INCREDIBLE SERVICE, FLEXIBLE, AND FRIENDLY

Reviewed on 6/14/2013 Jody C

Matt Cooper was amazing from beginning to end. He was always willing to talk to you about whatever you are looking for. He did some pretty unique things for us- we had our first dance which transitioned into Gangnam Style for the rest of the bridal party. He was able to put... Read More that together for us. We also wanted the guests to feel special so we picked several of their wedding songs and played them for the anniversary dance. He was able to find all of them and do that for us. He works with you and makes it exactly what you want. Incredible job. HIGHLY RECOMMEND Matt Cooper.

Perfect music

Reviewed on 5/06/2013 Crystal P

Worked with Matt for ceremony and reception music. He adhered to all of my requests for music to be played and some 'forbiddens' (ex: Macarena). Guests made some requests which he played or cleared with myself or groom if he was uncertain. So many guests danced and I felt... Read More like he really had a handle on the vibe of the crowd! Excellent!

Beach House Wedding

Reviewed on 11/18/2012 Katie T

We really enjoyed having Matt as our DJ. He was easy to work with and during the day of our wedding was the best of all our vendors because he was very helpful, allow us to make last minute changes and he was super respectful to myself and my dad. His music selections were... Read More awesome, he played exactly what we wanted and worked with our guests to play requests they asked for during the night. Thank you Matt for making our day special. Katie

Johnny C. was perfect!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2012 Amy K

Johnny C. did an AWESOME JOB!!! So happy with everything, and he did everything perfectly and jus the way we wanted!

Awesome DJ

Reviewed on 10/07/2012 Rebecca G

Matt with Outer BanksMusic Masters was great to work with. We originally met at the Wedding Expo and I loved the way he was able to adjust the music to the crowd in the room! He was able to get the party started and keep it going all night and even helped out with a change of... Read More plans due to weather!! Very well priced as well1!

Couldn't Stop Dancing

Reviewed on 6/07/2012 Stacy D

We were married on May 12, 2012 and were lucky enough to have Matt Cooper as our DJ. Matt met with us in March while we were in town, and asked a ton of great questions to get a sense of what type of music would work best for our wedding. We couldn’t have been happier with the... Read More music he selected. As the bride, I blame him for not letting me mingle with our guests because I could NOT tear myself off the dance floor….but I guess that’s a good problem to have. We had guests on the dance floor at the beginning of dinner, which you know is the sign of a great DJ. We gave him a few “must plays” for the evening, and he played every one of them. He was also very flexible with the timeline of events, especially when we told him that there would be a few extra speeches that night. We were making decisions on certain special songs up until the day before, and he handled it like a pro. He even edited our entrance song for us, so that it was only instrumental. Most of all, we really appreciated that Matt wasn’t the type of DJ that had to be the star of the show, and is genuinely a nice guy. He was great to work with and we would highly recommend him for anyone planning a wedding or special event.

MADE the party!

Reviewed on 10/12/2011 Toni C

Matt was GREAT at our wedding; we had all ages and he had absolutely everyone on the dance floor ALL NIGHT. He was super accommodating, especially when the rain delayed us a bit. He made sure to hit all of our must-plays and was very in tune to what was keeping people happy... Read More and dancing! Exactly what we wanted and we would highly recommend him to anyone! He even met with us earlier in the week to confirm where he would be, discuss our schedule and all the details- this made me so much more comfortable for the Big Day.

Rockin' Party

Reviewed on 9/21/2011 Sara M

We hired Matt from Outer Banks Music Masters to DJ our wedding. He was very easy to work with and really good at finding the "sound" of the group. We sent him 10-15 songs that we loved and he did an excellent job of playing similar songs. I couldn't of been happier with the... Read More way the wedding went down, especially all of the dancing.

Set the mood for the party!

Reviewed on 8/09/2011 Jaime N

Matt was amazing. Played great music all night.

BEST DJ!!!!

Reviewed on 5/30/2011 Emily C

Matt was so awesome! I have to admit, I gave him a pretty lengthy request list, and he nailed it! I told him the style I wanted and it was just perfect. Dinner was relaxed & then he got the party going with some top 40 hits and the group dance songs. He even played a special... Read More mix for me & my dad that I made myself!! He really made the reception a great party! It wouldn't have been the same without him!

TO Outer Banks Music Masters