So few mediums have as much emotional impact as a photograph. Palermo Photo will capture the passion of your life’s moments, blending romantic photojournalism and natural, fashion-inspired poses to create memories true to the feeling of the moment, the client, and the message.

Documentary, Lifestyle

Engagement, Trash The Dress

Online Proofing

2020 Smallman Street , Pittsburgh, PA

It was like working with an old friend…

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Tara P

Maria Palermo of Palermo Photo is adorable. My husband and I met with her last year to talk about our October 4th wedding date. I had no idea what to expect, but as soon as we met with her, I knew we had found our photographer. She was easy to talk to and laugh with:)..and... Read More her portfolio was beautiful. Maria was recommended to me by another photographer that wasn't able to accommodate our wedding date. After months of trying to schedule an engagement session, we finally settled on a sunny day in August. We were so nervous, but she put us at ease…even getting us to forget that tons of random people we watching us! The pics from our engagement session were perfect and really captured our personalities. On our wedding day, Maria was wonderful. She helped to make the day run smoothly. She even managed to control our rowdy groomsmen:)… I am so grateful to Maria for being so wonderful on our special day. I can't wait to see the pictures…I am positive that she captured the magic of the evening. THANK YOU MARIA!!!

Maria is the best there is.

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Kate M

There are no words for me to recommend Maria and Palermo Photo highly enough! From start to finish she was absolutely amazing to work with. Wedding photos were really important to us—we wanted some posed photos, of course, but we really wanted photos that felt like they... Read More captured everything in the moment, fly-on-the-wall sort of shots that we could look back on and feel like we were right back at our wedding day. I found Maria through her incredible online reviews, and from the moment I met her I knew she was the right photographer for us. She "got" exactly what we wanted. My husband and I live in New York City and I was somewhat worried about planning things from afar, but Maria made everything incredibly easy and straight-forward. She was always happy to answer questions—she helped me do everything from finding someone to do my make up for the wedding to helping me develop a wedding day timeline. She made sure she knew exactly what we wanted in advance—right down to the small, sentimental items we wanted photos of (which are now among my favorites). And in return she made sure I knew exactly what to expect and what to plan for. On the day of, she was so sweet, unobtrusive, professional, and SO easy going, even when I changed things up at the last minute ("actually, do you think you could take pics of the groomsmen getting ready after all?!"). She knew we wanted to be there to enjoy most of the festivities, so she kept all the posed photos on-schedule, quick but not rushed. She even had an iPad up at the reception with some of the photos from earlier in the day, which was the biggest hit of the night! We absolutely love the photos—we're having trouble choosing which ones to print!—and I can't even count the number of people who have said they're among the best wedding photos they've ever seen. Not only does Maria take incredible photos, she is a pleasure to be around. I seriously feel like I made a friend. My wedding philosophy was to choose my vendors carefully and then put my trust in them and it really paid off, especially with Maria. In summary, YOU HAVE FOUND YOUR WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER! Maria is the best there is.

One of the Best Wedding decisions I made!

Reviewed on 5/27/2013 Maureen L

I absolutely cannot say enough about our experience with Maria and Palermo Photo. I wasn't sure where to start with my wedding photography but I had a pretty clear idea of what I was looking for. I read a ton of reviews on TheKnot and Palermo Photo stuck out as a well reviewed... Read More vendor so I checked out the portfolio and met with Maria. It ended up being one of the best decisions that I made for our wedding. Maria's personality and photographic style was a perfect fit for myself and my husband. She put us at ease at the engagement session and we didn't feel silly posing for our photos. Engagement photos were great and we were really excited for our wedding, we were not disappointed. Maria spent almost 10 hours with us on our wedding day and she was amazing. She was unobtrusive, we all agreed that we barely noticed her while getting ready and during the ceremony. She met with me early in the week at the church to scout photo locations, and was wonderfully accommodating with specific shots that we wanted to get. Going through the pictures was a breathtaking experience. Reliving our wedding through her camera was beautiful. The moments were captured so tenderly and naturally, the only shots that looked posed were the ones we posed for! I have no idea how we'll pick the shots that we put into our photo album, they are all so great. Maria was a gem to work with. She never made me feel like a bother, no matter how many questions I had, and I always felt like when I was working with her, I was the only bride on her calendar. She was quick to respond to emails and phone calls and in addition to that, she customized our package to give us exactly what we were looking for. Her personality, talent, professionalism, and passion for capturing the day in a natural manner made her a wonderful choice and I would recommend her to anyone. Hiring her was one of the best decisions we made. You get what you pay for and everyone who warned me not to skimp on photography was right. For the level of service and the quality of her work, I think her pricing is extremely reasonable and would definitely hire her again if we were doing it all over.

I have a tough family!

Reviewed on 11/07/2015 Belinda B

Maria of Palermo Photo was an integral and magnificent part of our wedding. She effortlessly assisted us in wrangling our wild family. Her demeanor, engagement, and personality were a perfect addition to our perfect day. Love, love, love her!

Absolutely the Best!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Jeremy M

My wife and I flew Maria down to Florida for our wedding and we're so glad that we did. She was very professional and easy to work with. Our florists failed to decorate our cake but Maria stepped in without being asked to complete the task. As far as the photos, we couldn't be... Read More happier with the way they turned out. She captured the best moments from our ceremony and reception, both planned and candid. I would definitely recommend her to anyone.

Maria is Amazing

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Rachael C

Maria was simply amazing to work with. I'm so happy that she was available to photograph our engagement photos & wedding. For starters, Maria has a great personality. She's funny, witty and puts you at ease. It really helps to bring out the best in the couples she... Read More photographs. I absolutely love her style. My husband and I are both in art related fields, so the photography for our wedding was one of the few things we really wanted to nail. Maria has a wonderful way of capturing not only the atmosphere and emotion of the events she photographs, but also the beauty of the light in the moment. We've received so many compliments on her work. I'm definitely going cherish the images she captured for many many years to come!

glamorous boudoir.

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Kylee G

When it comes to a boudoir photographer, you certainly want someone who you will feel comfortable with in lingerie and also has the talent to capture everyone moment full of great emotion. Maria was a fabulous person, super down to earth and was the best fit to achieve such an... Read More intimate translation. I am so happy to have found her because my husband was grinning ear to ear when he opened the photo album on our wedding day. It is something he will always cherish. #truelove

Wonderful Photgrapher!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Diana G

If you want beautiful and elegant wedding photos that you will cherish forever, Maria and Palermo Photo are the perfect choice! We used Maria for both our engagement and wedding photos and they are lovely! My husband and I couldn't be happier with the way that they turned... Read More out. Maria spent a lot of time with us before the wedding (answering my million questions) and on our big day, so she was able to capture all the important moments in the candid style we were looking for. In addition to being an excellent photographer, Maria is very friendly and easy to work with. She was fun and made everyone feel comfortable, but was still able to round-up the bridal party and keep us on schedule. Maria also got us the proofs very quickly (which was greatly appreciated) and the albums she created for us are amazing. Overall, I would hire Maria and Palermo Photo again in a heartbeat. She takes amazing pictures, she is attentive and easy to work with, and she made the whole process easy and stress free!

San Diego Destination Wedding

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

Maria Palermo was truly a dream to work with at our dream destination wedding in San Diego. We had previously used Palermo Photo for our engagement portraits locally in Pittsburgh and immediately felt a comfort and rapport with Maria - as if we had known her for years. When it... Read More comes to something as intimate and special as engagement and wedding photos it was important that we could trust our photographer. Although Maria had expressed that she is not a fan of traveling by plane, she made an exception for us because we booked far in advance. I can't say enough about her level of professionalism and attention to detail for the few days she shot for us. When needed, she took control of our wedding party and directed our portraits to ensure we got the best shots possible of everyone involved. She also had an extensive "shot list" that we had filled out prior to the wedding and I am certain she captured every shot and then some! Communication was always prompt, especially via email and everything was planned and thought out in advance, so that we had no worries the day of. Once we finally received our final proofs (digitally) they were all organized into albums on a private website that Palermo Photo manages. The photos were gorgeous and Maria's control of natural light and outdoors is where she really shines! I was concerned that some of the night shots using flash at the reception would not be her strength, but those all turned out fantastic as well. She even used some "special effects" to capture some of the movement and energy while dancing and celebrating at the reception. And finally, all things considered and especially given we had a destination wedding - we felt as though Palermo Photo's fee was very reasonable. If you are looking for someone who will give you her HEART while shooting your special occasion, choose Maria Palermo! Shawn H. (Pittsburgh, PA)

Wonderful Experience!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

Maria was the perfect fit! She was so fun to be around on my wedding day! She got all the shots I wanted, made me look amazing and captured all our friends and family having a great time. Not only does she have a photographic eye, she hung out with me and helped me all day. I... Read More would definitely suggest Maria to anyone getting married!!

Love our pictures!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

My husband and I love our beautiful wedding pictures. The best thing we found from our experience with Maria is her ability to catch unposed and natural shots. She is affordable and takes the time to meet with you before the big day to discuss everything. We will definitely... Read More treasure these photos for the rest of our lives.

Maria is AWESOME!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Kira B

Maria was great to work with from the beginning to the end! She made us feel very comfortable, and gave us her honest opinion when needed. She felt more like a friend than a hired vendor! She's such a cool, laid back girl and definitely has a passion for her craft. She'll... Read More capture your day exactly how you envision it! Definitely will be using Maria for future photography needs!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Carolyn S

Hiring most of the vendors for the wedding came through careful research, and that's how we found Maria. However, hiring her was such an easy decision. Her work speaks for itself, and after our meeting, I realized that not only was she talented and professional, but that she was... Read More also very kind and enjoyable to be around. She helped to serve as a coordinator of our wedding day by planning out a timeline and keeping things moving. She took the most amazing photographs of our day. She was able to capture all the special moments and joy of our day in a natural way while still shooting beautiful portraits that we will also cherish. She got pictures of moments and reactions that I wasn't able to see, and it's nice to really see every angle of our day. She didn't miss a beat! Also, I loved her attention to detail and creativity. We got our wedding pictures a few weeks after the wedding, and every one was nicer than the next. Maria was by my side throughout the planning process by answering all my questions. She made every effort to capture all the images that I told her were important to me. She made sure that every hair was in place and that we looked our best, and she even bustled my dress. She did this all with a smile. She is an incredible photographer!

Simply the best!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Julia S

Maria is quite simply put, the best! She was so calm and professional from when we first met at our engagement photo session all the way up to the big day! She made me feel totally relaxed and comfortable. She is extremely organized and had me fill out a form ahead of time... Read More with what types of photos I wanted. The photos are absolutely stunning and a year and half after our wedding, I am still getting compliments. Maria is truly an artist will such a special talent and I would work with her again in a heart beat!

Absolutely Love Her and Her Photographs!

Reviewed on 10/05/2015

I hired Maria from Palermo Photo for a boudoir photoshoot, and I was beyond pleased with the photoshoot and photographs! Maria makes you feel super comfortable, while talking to you during your shoot. She is the type of person you feel like you have known your whole life. She... Read More captures just the right lighting and elegance in every photo. When I first received the proofs unedited, I loved every one of them, so you can imagine how much I loved the edited photos. Maria is a sweetheart and extremely easy to work with. She is very professional, and makes a photo shoot fun and easy going. She is also affordable. I highly recommend Maria not only for her work and creativity, but for her personality and ability to make people relax and brings out the best in you which shines through her photographs.

Amazing Boudoir Photographer

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Dana M

Maria was absolutely incredible. I have never done anything like this before, so I was pretty jittery about it. That being said, Maria instantly put me at ease and made me feel relaxed and confident. I tend to be an anxious and nervy person, so this was really quite a feat. I... Read More would love to work with her again and I cannot say enough good things about this experience.

Couldn't be happier

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 Alison B

We hired Maria for our wedding last year in August 2014 and it was truly a great decision. Maria made us feel very comfortable in front of the camera and she captured our wedding day so beautifully. She is a true professional.

Reviewed on 8/14/2015 Jenny C

We couldn't have asked for a better photographer to capture our wedding day. Throughout the planning on process, Maria was readily and willing to help out with anything we needed, even if it didn't pertain particularly to photography. Her professionalism, honesty, and upbeat... Read More personality helped keep us calm and relaxed on our big day. She was able to capture many of the pictures we wanted, but wasn't constantly in our face. We look forward to using Maria in the future for any photos we may want. She is incredible, and we would recommend her to anyone wanting high-quality photographs by a professional photographer!

Boudoir Photo Review

Reviewed on 1/12/2015

I met Maria and her fantastic team for a recent boudoir photo shoot. Although this didn't play any role in my wedding (I've been married for 2 years), I could see how this would be a great idea for any bride! As soon as I walked into the studio, Maria and her team made me feel... Read More very welcomed and comfortable. Her hair and make up artists were the best I've ever had. They were spot on with what they thought would look good on me. The shoot was super comfortable thanks to Maria. I was nervous going in, but it all went away as soon as we got started. The results were AMAZING. I was blown away by her work. I'd hire Maria and her girls for any event in a heartbeat. She's so good at capturing personality and the essence of who you are through the photos she takes. I can't say enough about how much fun this was and what a great gift it is to yourself and to your special someone!

Boudoir Photos

Reviewed on 12/16/2014

I had Maria take boudoir photos as a Christmas gift for my husband. She was very friendly and enthusiastic, answered emails and questions relatively quickly. She was happy to meet when and where it was convenient for me, to discuss what I was looking for. I feel like her... Read More prices were expensive, and I was supposedly getting big discounts because of the holidays (then again, it's almost 25 years since I looked for "bridal photography," so it could be the norm now). Maria's studio was much more sparse than I expected; it felt like a cold warehouse room. When I talked with Maria about the "boudoir session," she was adamant that it was "all about ME" and asked how often I got to feel pampered, with a makeup artist and hair-stylist and photographer all centered on me. That bubble burst when I arrived in a space the size of one of my bathrooms at home, with the two stylists and their respective chairs, as well as two other women getting hair and makeup done and one woman's husband, all waiting in the small space. The two stylists DID do a very nice job on makeup and hair on each of the women I saw, and I would imagine that their pictures looked lovely. I have only seen the untouched proofs on mine so far, but Maria did some beautiful and sexy shots. My husband really likes them. I bought a small album, with 20 pics, and I believe I'll be happy with it. However, it was not the uplifting, focused attention, empowering experience I had hoped for, based on the presale hype.

Great photographs, great photographer! Have already recommended Maria to friends!

Reviewed on 12/16/2014 Kaitlyn B

Even though our wedding was only a week and a half ago and we don't have all of the pictures yet, I couldn't wait to give Palermo Photo a review! We had the BEST experience with Maria as our photographer, from the first time we met with her. She was accommodating to our... Read More schedules, answered all of our questions (even if I asked some of the same questions more than once), and helped us successfully plan the timeline of our day since we didn't have a wedding planner. As you can see on here and her website, the quality of her shots is amazing and the pictures speak for themselves. I think you do get a feel for what an awesome person and talented photographer she is from the pictures and things on her website and blog; she is down to earth, friendly, and professional all at the same time. My husband and I felt that she would fit in with our family and friends, attitude and personality-wise, which she did, and it made us all much more comfortable and happy during the picture taking process. I have been in some weddings where the photographers have been rude, too bossy, etc., but that is NOT Maria. She toes the line perfectly between being professional, prompt, and efficient, and relaxed, happy (since that is the point of the wedding day!), and friendly. Also, we had several people comment about how they barely noticed her during the ceremony and reception (meaning she wasn't in everyone's way) and she still got great pictures! We cannot recommend Palermo Photo enough. Thank you Maria for an excellent experience!!!

Wonderful Wedding Photographer!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Lisa M

Maria was the perfect wedding photographer! She provided us with the service she promised. We met with her twice before the big day to go over all the details, and she made sure to make all of our requests happen. At the wedding reception, she even set up her iPad with the... Read More pictures she had taken to show all of our guests, which was a huge hit. After the wedding she was very quick in sending us our proofs. All of our pictures turned out awesome! We are so happy with how the pictures turned out and can't wait to show them to all of our friends and family. We are so grateful Maria captured all of our special moments and that we will be able to forever remember our day. We highly recommend using Maria for your wedding!

Sheer Talent

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Allison D

Maria is first class all the way. The talent this girls possesses is amazing!! My husband and I had engagement and wedding photos taken by Maria that were stunning. Our family and friends are in awe of her talent. On the big day she took control of the situation and made... Read More sure everyone was in the correct place. She gave everyone helpful hints on how to make the pictures look even better. She was an absolute joy to have around and we are lucky to have found her. She comes highly recommended by my husband and I. I have no clue how we are going to decide on a wedding album with all those beautiful pictures!! Thank you for everything Maria :)

Fantastic Photographer

Reviewed on 9/22/2014 Amy Jo N

We spent so much time searching for the perfect photographer for our wedding that would help capture our day in a beautiful and unique way. Maria was fantastic to work with. She is super friendly and helped us relax for the photos. Our pictures turned out so well and we get... Read More exactly what we were hoping for. We would recommend Maria to anyone looking for a photographer that has an eye for great shots but will also make sure you get all the photos that you want as well. She was amazing! And, also importantly, kept everyone on time and able to enjoy the wedding.

Fun, Professional, and Great Results!

Reviewed on 9/13/2014

Maria was nothing short of perfect shooting our wedding day! Posed shots can take a while to get done, but she knew exactly what she wanted at a location she had never seen before, and she got the job done efficiently and with beautiful results. She used her humor to keep... Read More things light and was naturally able to put people at ease. The posed family shots were great, but Maria's talent truly shined with her candid shots of the ceremony and reception. She was able to capture every nuance, mood, and reaction of myself and my wife, as well as our family and friends. We will be able to remember every detail of our wedding thanks to Maria! We will definitely be using Palermo Photo for any other event that we would like to be photographed, and will strongly recommend Palermo Photo to other people!