Palermo Photo

pennsylvania, florida, midatlantic, destination, europe

Ask about our city and destination discounts!

So few mediums have as much emotional impact as a photograph. Palermo Photo will capture the passion of your life’s moments, blending romantic photojournalism and natural, fashion-inspired poses to create memories true to the feeling of the moment, the client, and the message.

Documentary, Lifestyle

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

pennsylvania, florida, midatlantic, destination, europe (412) 680-4149

Maria is the best there is.

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Kate M

There are no words for me to recommend Maria and Palermo Photo highly enough! From start to finish she was absolutely amazing to work with. Wedding photos were really important to us—we wanted some posed photos, of course, but we really wanted photos that felt like they... Read More captured everything in the moment, fly-on-the-wall sort of shots that we could look back on and feel like we were right back at our wedding day. I found Maria through her incredible online reviews, and from the moment I met her I knew she was the right photographer for us. She "got" exactly what we wanted. My husband and I live in New York City and I was somewhat worried about planning things from afar, but Maria made everything incredibly easy and straight-forward. She was always happy to answer questions—she helped me do everything from finding someone to do my make up for the wedding to helping me develop a wedding day timeline. She made sure she knew exactly what we wanted in advance—right down to the small, sentimental items we wanted photos of (which are now among my favorites). And in return she made sure I knew exactly what to expect and what to plan for. On the day of, she was so sweet, unobtrusive, professional, and SO easy going, even when I changed things up at the last minute ("actually, do you think you could take pics of the groomsmen getting ready after all?!"). She knew we wanted to be there to enjoy most of the festivities, so she kept all the posed photos on-schedule, quick but not rushed. She even had an iPad up at the reception with some of the photos from earlier in the day, which was the biggest hit of the night! We absolutely love the photos—we're having trouble choosing which ones to print!—and I can't even count the number of people who have said they're among the best wedding photos they've ever seen. Not only does Maria take incredible photos, she is a pleasure to be around. I seriously feel like I made a friend. My wedding philosophy was to choose my vendors carefully and then put my trust in them and it really paid off, especially with Maria. In summary, YOU HAVE FOUND YOUR WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER! Maria is the best there is.

Reviewed on 10/19/2017

When I initially began the process of choosing a photographer I just figured I could pick whoever because photos are photos and there is only so many poses that you can do. However when Maria was recommended to me I was completely stunned by her photos. They are truly art work... Read More and provide an eclectic and new take on the traditional wedding photos. Even more than this, she is amazing to work with, she kept things moving the day, was on time, and more than accommodating to all the events of the day! I truly can not say enough about our experience and how in love I am with my photos, they exceeded even my best expectations.

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Sara Jane G

Maria did an excellent job with the photography , I just got the pictures back and they look great. She is easy to work with and makes you feel comfortable in front of the camera. We did an engagement photo shoot for save the dates and some practice. The day of the wedding she... Read More photographed all the details and the portraits came out beautiful. We also had extended family pictures which I was nervous would take too much time, but everyone and Maria was organized and we took the four families is about 5 min. Overall very happy and excited to put our album together from our wedding!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Gina F

I absolutely LOVED having Maria as my wedding photographer! Her work is incredible and her personality fit in perfectly with my wedding party! We loved her!

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Amy J

Maria was great to work with! Many of our friends and family commented on how professional and efficient she was. We had a short time in our church following the ceremony for family portraits and she easily got in everything we wanted plus more! Our pictures turned out... Read More beautiful! Maria had a preview set up on her iPad at our reception so we were able to see some of the photos right away, the rest we received just a few weeks later. Couldn't have asked for anything more in a wedding photographer!

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Becky S

Maria is the BEST! When looking for a wedding photographer I stumbled upon Maria's page and fell in LOVE! Her engagement sessions, wedding photos and more speak for themselves! She is very talented. We immediately reached out to Maria and scheduled a phone call with her.... Read More Through the phone call I fell ever more in love with her than I already was from looking through her gorgeous pictures. She was so friendly and caring. She was extremely easy to work with. My husband an I were planning the wedding from CT and she went out of her way to make a last minute engagement session work for us. Once we started shooting with her she immediately made us feel at ease and gave us as much instruction as we wanted/needed. She was a lot of fun to work with! When wedding day rolled around she made sure she captured every single photo I asked for (there were a lot)! She also always kept us on schedule which is very hard to do during a wedding/reception! Maria definitely does her homework. She wants to make sure she gets everything you are looking for and where you are looking for it! She set up a slideshow of some of the pictures she had taken that day at the reception. I don't know how she did it! Everyone was fawning over them! I'm truly impressed with how all of our photos came out! I would HIGHLY recommend Maria to everyone looking for an awesome photographer. I also felt like I got more than my moneys worth! :-)

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Jessica L

Maria was the photographer at a friend's wedding and we decided to use her for photos when we eloped. The aesthetic of her photos is perfect for wedding and engagement photos and she's great to work with. We were nervous about feeling too staged and posed but she made us feel... Read More comfortable and not weird about what to do with our hands! I'd recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding or engagement photographer.

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Stephanie P

I could not say enough amazing things about Maria and her services before and during our wedding. Not only did our engagement and wedding pictures turn out amazing, but she was an absolute pleasure to work with. Maria was easy to reach and really took the time to get to know my... Read More husband and me to ensure we got exactly what we wanted on our special day. I recommend Palermo photo to anyone who is getting married in the Pittsburgh area who wants the best photographer for the most important day of their lives.

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Matt A

Maria was fantastic. She is amazing with both large and small groups. She took control of every situation with an infectious laugh and stern instructions. She worked well with everyone from grandparents to overly involved aunts to children. The photos on our wedding day turned... Read More out better than we could have imagined. Additionally, she did the boudoir photo shoot with my wife and those photos were incredible. I highly recommend Maria to anyone.

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Jenny O

Working with Maria was such a pleasure. We had a cancelation with our photographer 2 weeks before our wedding and met with Maria at the last minute. Her photographs are absolutely gorgeous and she was really able to work with us to make the day special. She was able to listen to... Read More us and work with our more reserved personalities to pull out the special moments during the day. I would highly recommend her if you are looking for a photographer in the Pittsburgh area.

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Chelsea M

We LOVED working with Maria. Not only are her photos gorgeous, she’s so incredibly helpful and sweet. She was a breeze to work with and went above and beyond to accommodate us after we had a change of plans and moved our wedding from Pittsburgh to another state after booking... Read More her. We are so thrilled with all the memories she captured on our wedding day and can’t recommend her enough. Thank you, Maria!

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Anastasia I

Maria is the best! We worked together for the boudoir shoot, engagement photos, and wedding - she makes it fun and comfortable, and the photos are spectacular! Not only do all of my bridesmaids want to hire her, but my husband and I can't wait to use Maria for our future life... Read More events!!

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Julie F

We loved working with Maria! She did an engagement shoot and our wedding photography. The photos are gorgeous, she was extremely professional, and she’s a ton of fun to hang out with. Looking forward to her doing a newborn photo shoot for us soon!

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Emma Z

Maria helped us capture all the beautiful memories from our wedding day! She was so easy and helpful to work with throughout the whole process. In the spring, we had to be flexible with our engagement photo shoot due to weather delays and she was happy to reschedule for a better... Read More day! On the wedding day, she thought of everything and more! We planned for a first-look before the wedding ceremony, which gave Greg and I time to take in all the excitement and memories from the day. It was great to have the majority of the photos taken before the ceremony, which allowed us more time with family and friends after we said I do! Maria understood our hopes for a causal and relaxed day, which allowed for some spontaneous photos during the sunset as well. We have loved looking at all the photos from the day and will cherish them for years to come. Happy planning!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Lauren W

Working with Maria Palermo of Palermo Photo was like a dream. Her ability to capture your vision and bring it to life is unmatched. Her role in my wedding went way beyond photographer; she kept my timeline, she was a voice of reason and creativity, she was my stylist and my... Read More friend... Let's not forget her photos...they were breathtaking. She captured candid moments that I never would have dreamed that I would be able to relive through a photo. Our photos were classic and unique at the same time. I would recommend Palermo Photo to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Matthew E

Maria was really wonderful to work with! She was quick to communicate and respond, very professional but always had a big smile on her face, and she made everything effortless on the day of coordinating photo shoots with family members and the bridal party. Her photography... Read More services included both engagement and wedding photos, and I am so glad that we had engagement photos done because that gave us a chance to meet Maria and get comfortable in front of the camera before our big day. After the wedding, my whole family raved about how great she was and how easy she made everything. The best part is that at the end of our wedding night, she handed us two printed photographs from our "first look" earlier in the day. They were so beautiful, and it really meant a lot to me that she went the extra mile.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Anna B

From our first meeting through engagement photos and the wedding day, everything went perfectly thanks to Maria -- and we didn't make things easy on her! She happily included our dogs (a lab and a beagle) in engagement pictures and nailed all of the shots we requested on the... Read More wedding day, including tramping through a field to capture some pretty spectacular sunset shots. If you're looking for a photographer who is a lot of fun to work with, keeps things moving according to the timeline, and makes it feel like you're working with a good friend, then Maria is your girl. We couldn't be happier with our pictures and definitely plan to come back to her in the future!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Kristi B

Maria was extremely outgoing, reliable, friendly, and professional. She truly captured our beautiful day!!!! Without her, we would only have the memories! She captured moments we didn't even know happened with our guests! Incredible! We are using some of her photos in our video... Read More from the videography because they were so incredible! Thank you so much for an outstanding job! Every time we needed her, we just texted, called, emailed and she was always readily available or gets right back to you promptly if she's busy! She also totally helped me to organize our entire wedding day! The timeline and everything. She is wonderful!

Reviewed on 9/16/2016 Jenifer C

I don't even know where to start.. Maria did such an amazing job with us from the moment we met with her in her super cute studio. After a terrible experience with an amateur photographer for our engagement photos that never worked out. We popped up 2 weeks before our wedding... Read More wanting engagement photos... she was nothing short of flawless. Her bubbly personality and character really made us enjoy the experience. The day of the wedding she took total charge (which she asked prior if that was ok). The bridal party was blown away by how she kept everyone on pace and in line. We got such great compliments about her the night of the wedding and are still getting them to this day, two weeks later!! I couldn't recommend her more! We were so lucky to get her! Thank you so much!

I have a tough family!

Reviewed on 11/07/2015 Belinda B

Maria of Palermo Photo was an integral and magnificent part of our wedding. She effortlessly assisted us in wrangling our wild family. Her demeanor, engagement, and personality were a perfect addition to our perfect day. Love, love, love her!

Absolutely the Best!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Jeremy M

My wife and I flew Maria down to Florida for our wedding and we're so glad that we did. She was very professional and easy to work with. Our florists failed to decorate our cake but Maria stepped in without being asked to complete the task. As far as the photos, we couldn't be... Read More happier with the way they turned out. She captured the best moments from our ceremony and reception, both planned and candid. I would definitely recommend her to anyone.

Maria is Amazing

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Rachael C

Maria was simply amazing to work with. I'm so happy that she was available to photograph our engagement photos & wedding. For starters, Maria has a great personality. She's funny, witty and puts you at ease. It really helps to bring out the best in the couples she... Read More photographs. I absolutely love her style. My husband and I are both in art related fields, so the photography for our wedding was one of the few things we really wanted to nail. Maria has a wonderful way of capturing not only the atmosphere and emotion of the events she photographs, but also the beauty of the light in the moment. We've received so many compliments on her work. I'm definitely going cherish the images she captured for many many years to come!

glamorous boudoir.

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Kylee G

When it comes to a boudoir photographer, you certainly want someone who you will feel comfortable with in lingerie and also has the talent to capture everyone moment full of great emotion. Maria was a fabulous person, super down to earth and was the best fit to achieve such an... Read More intimate translation. I am so happy to have found her because my husband was grinning ear to ear when he opened the photo album on our wedding day. It is something he will always cherish. #truelove

Wonderful Photgrapher!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Diana G

If you want beautiful and elegant wedding photos that you will cherish forever, Maria and Palermo Photo are the perfect choice! We used Maria for both our engagement and wedding photos and they are lovely! My husband and I couldn't be happier with the way that they turned... Read More out. Maria spent a lot of time with us before the wedding (answering my million questions) and on our big day, so she was able to capture all the important moments in the candid style we were looking for. In addition to being an excellent photographer, Maria is very friendly and easy to work with. She was fun and made everyone feel comfortable, but was still able to round-up the bridal party and keep us on schedule. Maria also got us the proofs very quickly (which was greatly appreciated) and the albums she created for us are amazing. Overall, I would hire Maria and Palermo Photo again in a heartbeat. She takes amazing pictures, she is attentive and easy to work with, and she made the whole process easy and stress free!

San Diego Destination Wedding

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

Maria Palermo was truly a dream to work with at our dream destination wedding in San Diego. We had previously used Palermo Photo for our engagement portraits locally in Pittsburgh and immediately felt a comfort and rapport with Maria - as if we had known her for years. When it... Read More comes to something as intimate and special as engagement and wedding photos it was important that we could trust our photographer. Although Maria had expressed that she is not a fan of traveling by plane, she made an exception for us because we booked far in advance. I can't say enough about her level of professionalism and attention to detail for the few days she shot for us. When needed, she took control of our wedding party and directed our portraits to ensure we got the best shots possible of everyone involved. She also had an extensive "shot list" that we had filled out prior to the wedding and I am certain she captured every shot and then some! Communication was always prompt, especially via email and everything was planned and thought out in advance, so that we had no worries the day of. Once we finally received our final proofs (digitally) they were all organized into albums on a private website that Palermo Photo manages. The photos were gorgeous and Maria's control of natural light and outdoors is where she really shines! I was concerned that some of the night shots using flash at the reception would not be her strength, but those all turned out fantastic as well. She even used some "special effects" to capture some of the movement and energy while dancing and celebrating at the reception. And finally, all things considered and especially given we had a destination wedding - we felt as though Palermo Photo's fee was very reasonable. If you are looking for someone who will give you her HEART while shooting your special occasion, choose Maria Palermo! Shawn H. (Pittsburgh, PA)

Maria Palermo

Like having a best friend with killer organizational skills capturing every incredible moment