Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort

Hilton Head Island, SC

Book Your Wedding with Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort

Couples choose Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort, located on South Carolina's Hilton Head Island, for its expansive sea views and immediate beach access. The gleaming white resort complex has the feel of a tropical destination, the focal point being a spacious pool and cabana area surrounded by towering palms and other trees. The venue has a range of ceremony and reception spaces, some making the most of their outdoor surroundings and others bringing the celebrations inside.

The Dunes House Outdoor space can accommodate 200 people for an outdoor ceremony with unforgettable views of the ocean. It benefits from a spacious, 1,000 square-foot decking area that can be used to host a cocktail hour.

The Dunes House Inside Room offers the same views of the ocean as its adjacent outside space, but in a more intimate setting.

The Centre Court Conference Center is a contemporary venue with movable walls and access to an open-air pavilion. Tastefully decorated with neutral tones, the space has plenty of natural light and can hold up to 150 guests.

The Arthur Hills Golf Course is another outdoor ceremony option, benefiting from the scenic landscaping and natural dunes of this photogenic links.

Included in the venue rental fee are standard centerpieces and a choice of tables, including variously sized rounds, highboys and sweetheart designs. Linens in white or ivory and white padded chairs are also supplied, with upgrades available for couples wanting more tailored selections. The venue provides a comprehensive list of outside vendor suggestions for everything from the cake to babysitting service. The ceremony fee includes a set-up and tear-down service, as well as the applicable permit for beach weddings.

Catering and alcohol are all provided by the venue and may not be supplied by customers or outside vendors. With the exception of the wedding cake, food may not be removed from the premises. There is a minimum spending requirement, which varies according to the chosen venue. Bar sales paid in cash are not deductible from this amount and it also excludes delivery costs, a 23 percent service charge and other fees. These include the eight percent state sales tax and five percent liquor tax.

A non-refundable initial deposit is payable to book a date, followed by an additional 50 percent deposit no later than 180 days in advance of the event. The remaining balance is payable 30 days in advance.

Rental of the Dunes House Inside Room does not include access to the outdoor deck. This area can only be used with a Dunes House Outdoor rental.

Aside from its desirable oceanfront location, there are a number of additional perks available to recommend this venue to couples. These include:

• On-site lodgings with group bookings
  • Comprehensive honeymoon packages
  • Recreational options, including tennis and kayaking
  • Complementary golf for the wedding couple

An Unforgettable Day, An Unforgettable Venue

Choose to say “I do” on the beach, under timeless oak trees or at any of our other beautiful venues, we have a variety of options to ensure your day is unforgettable. From simple and intimate to extravagant, our world-class wedding specialists will make your wedding vision come to life.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Waterfront, Beach, Hotel, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

4 Queens Folly Road, Hilton Head Island, SC (888) 322-7112

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Erin S

My husband and I are from Ohio, and we travel to Hilton Head multiple times a year, so when we got engaged on the beach (in Hilton Head of course) we knew we needed to get married there as well. So we walked around and looked at a lot of the venues that were available on the... Read More island, and since we wanted a rather small wedding (around 50 guests) a lot of the venues were ruled out. We chose the Dunes house for a few reasons. The location was perfect, the size was just right (for a wedding on the beach and the reception on their deck), and their customer service was phenomenal from the start (you would be surprised how rude some people could be when you were trying to book a wedding through them). Courtney Daley was a rockstar through the entire process. We were in Hilton Head a total of three times before the wedding, and we tried to get everything we could possibly get done for the wedding during those trips. Courtney was available to meet with us to do a walk through of the venue, pick out the linens, schedule and conduct the food tasting, and complete a dress rehearsal (and every other minor detail possible) during those three trips. I even had a few questions along the way (high chair availability for the ring bearers, arbors for the ceremony, cake table location, etc) and she gave me her cell phone number so I could reach her anytime, and she always answered. I can honestly say the only time I felt stressed out was during the rehearsal dinner when one of the groomsmen didn't show up (but that wasn't the staffs fault). Courtney and the Dunes House staff helped ensure that everything flowed smoothly and perfectly, and all of our guests were floored by the beautiful decor, wonderful food, and friendliness of the staff (I'm sure the open bar helped there as well!). If we ever have any other events we need to plan, a destination to Hilton Head will definitely be a priority. Palmetto Dunes is beautiful, and the staff at the Dunes House are more than accommodating. Definitely go here for the wedding of your dreams! I know I did :)

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Lindsey D

Courtney and Palmetto Dunes Dunes House made the wedding of our dreams possible! We are from Ohio and we're planning a destination wedding, and Courtney made it as easy and stress free as possible. I would highly recommend this location for your wedding!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Lizzy F

I cannot say enough about how wonderful our wedding was with Palmetto Dunes. We were supposed to get married at the Dunes House but due to weather we used Center Court as our backup location. You can imagine that I was in full on panic mode when I woke up to rain but our... Read More coordinator Courtney did everything in her power to make sure everything ran smoothly. The setup was beautiful and I think it all worked out for the best. Our guests couldn't believe that it was our backup because it was so beautiful! We booked the venue 18 months out and Courtney was with us every step of the way. She was always quick to respond to questions and was always happy to accommodate any requests we had. We had quite a few dessert emergencies and she was willing to help in any way possible in order to make sure it was exactly as we wanted. I couldn't have asked for a better coordinator to work with during this process! I would 100% recommend Palmetto Dunes for a wedding location to anyone.

Wonderful pick

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Tammy L

My husband and I had our first vacation together on Hilton Head Island and stayed in Palmetto Dunes. We loved it so much that our venue choice was very easy when we got engaged several years later. Because we had an intimate wedding (about 35 guests), we opted to have the... Read More reception at a private home but with in-house catering by Palmetto Dunes. Our ceremony was on the beach in front of the Dunes House. We planned our wedding from NYC, and Lou Anne and Kaitlin were incredibly helpful every step of the way. Lou Anne gave tips for selecting a menu with lots of variety despite our smaller sized group, Kaitlin suggested the best spots to set up tables and unobtrusive prep areas for the staff, and they helped with a dry run the night before the wedding. Then, when our ceremony was postponed by rain, Lou Anne and Kaitlin were immediately ready to go with plan B, but helped us stay positive while waiting for the rain to stop, and got the chairs ready to go right when it did. They also helped rearrange the set up back at the house so that hors d'oeuvres and drinks were out as soon as possible. In short, they had a great attitude and were 100% prepared to handle anything the day threw at them. Also, the food was fantastic, and all of our guests raved about it (especially the jambalaya). Between the location, service, and the food, we are so thankful that we chose PD and highly recommend it!

Beach Wedding

Reviewed on 8/20/2015 Ali B

Lou Ann was my wedding planner at Palmetto Dunes. We had our ceremony on the beach and she assured me everything was going to be perfect, and it was. We had a back up plan in case it rained (thankfully it didn't). She set up all of my decorations and it turned out wonderful.... Read More I loved my experience with Palmetto Dunes.

Reviewed on 7/26/2015 Laura B

We had our wedding on the beach and the reception on the deck of The Dunes House. It was the most perfect day of our lives! We left all of our decorations with Lou Anne the day before, and she set everything up the day of, so we didn't have to worry about anything. When I got to... Read More The Dunes House for our wedding, everything was set up beautifully, just as I envisioned. The staff also collected our belongings after the wedding for us to pick up the next day. The food was beyond amazing, everybody raved about it, and the staff were great. Lou Anne was great to work with throughout the entire process and made our wedding run smoothly! We enjoyed every second of it!

2015-07-27T12:37:26 Response from the vendor

We were honored to host your wedding day! Please come back and visit us soon - we'd love to see you again!

Reviewed on 7/09/2015 Tamara G

Lou Anne Takach is amazing. She made sure everything was perfect for my wedding. She set up everything and made sure it was amazing and didn't have me do anything on the day of. She took care of everything. As far as the ceremony and reception go, everything was perfect and... Read More amazing and everything I could have dreamed of and more. The staff was amazing. We had a toes-in-sand beach wedding with the reception on the deck at The Dunes House. Everything was beautiful, the weather was perfect, the deck was decorated perfectly, everything was set up beautifully. Hands down the most amazing day of my life. All of the staff at Palmetto Dunes, especially Lou Anne, made sure that it would be. I love everybody there. You will NOT be disappointed. My wedding day was...everything. Absolutely everything. Thank you Palmetto Dunes.

2015-07-27T12:34:50 Response from the vendor

Thanks again for choosing Palmetto Dunes! We're so happy that you were pleased with your wedding day - that says everything!

Beautiful Beach Wedding

Reviewed on 5/16/2014 Erin C

We had our wedding on the beach and reception on the deck at the Dunes House. They blocked off the area for the entire day so we didn't have beach goers making it really sandy. Carrie Felix was who we originally worked with and she was horrible! She tried to hide costs from us... Read More and then denied it. She was manipulative and then left the facility without even notifying us 6 months before our wedding. Carrie, and whoever hired her, is the only reason for 4 stars on service. Lindsay Thompson took over and did a wonderful job cleaning up Carrie's mess. Lindsay was very responsive on all my questions. Make sure to be clear on all fees (lighting), extras, and minimums due (before or after taxes)as there was confusion depending on who we talked to. Make sure to get everything written into the contract or at least save emails. During our wedding, the staff was excellent! Paul (I think) stayed for our entire wedding and reception. He made sure everyone was taken care of and that everything went smooth. The food was amazing! Our guests raved about all of it, especially the she-crab soup and Hushpuppies. Overall I would recommend Palmetto Dunes as a location for a beach side wedding. Very beautiful location and wonderful staff.

Lovely Area, Incredible Staff

Reviewed on 9/28/2013

I am a photographer in the area and have had the opportunity to photograph a few weddings at Palmetto Dunes. The area is, of course, very beautiful. However, most importantly, I have to commend their staff. They work so well as a team to ensure the best for the bride, family,... Read More and guests. They have weddings and events booked just about every single weekend: which speaks for itself. I have personally worked closely with Carrie, Kim, and Caitlin: each of them professional and sweet as can be. I would recommend this location any day for a bride looking into venues.

Reviewed on 9/18/2013 Blake C

Carrie, Chris, Kim, chef and everyone at Palmetto Dunes was amazing. Carrie helped us through the planning every step of the way. Chris and Kim were on-site to make sure our events were perfect. The food was incredible...our guests couldn't stop raving about how good it was!... Read More Overall, the staff made sure that our special day went off without a hitch and rolled with any change we could throw at them. I would recommend Palmetto Dunes highly for your event.

Great Wedding Day

Reviewed on 7/13/2013 Yolanda A

Carrie & the staff at Palmetto made our wedding a wonderful experience from planning to execution. So attentive, great food & beautiful venue.

Gorgeous Setting

Reviewed on 6/26/2013 Kristin R

Our wedding was literally a dream come true! The wedding coordinator, Carrie Felix, is amazing! We had a destination wedding and she made it stress free!

Picture perfect beach wedding!

Reviewed on 10/10/2011 Mallory C

Our wedding was at The Dunes House in Palmetto Dunes Ocean Resort. The catering was through Palmetto Dunes and it was phenomenal. We had our ceremony in front of The Dunes House and continued up to the deck for the reception! Food and cake were kept in the air conditioned... Read More inside part that it full of windows and high ceilings.

Beautiful setting, great service

Reviewed on 10/04/2011 Kathryn P

My wedding day couldn't have gone better! We held our ceremony and reception at a private beach house, and the catering and event department were awesome! They did lack follow up and communication for a month or in the months preceeding, but that was due to a change in director... Read More of events. We enjoyed working with Kristen on the day of, and she was very responsive to our desires. Food was excellent! Everyone was raving about how great the location, service and food was. Highly recommend a wedding a Palmetto Dunes!

perfect seaside venue

Reviewed on 10/01/2011 Michaela H

Palmetto Dunes has it all...the wonderful customer service, the amazing venue, the spanish moss, delicious food, fun places for your guests to stay...we knew the minute we visited that that's where we wanted to get married!

Amazing Venue

Reviewed on 6/28/2011 Stacy F

We had such an amazing wedding weekend. We rented the house on One Sea Lane (6bedroom 8bath) for the bride/groom, brides parents, brides brother, 4 attendants and their dates, and the officiant (which was a college friend). The house was the hub for the brides and grooms close... Read More friends and family, It had a great view, great pool, and was a short stroll to the beach. There we hosted a small get together bar-b-que for whoever was in town on Thursday. Friday featured a Golf Outing for the guys, and pool lounging for the girls. Friday night we hosted a rehearsal bar-b-que for all 70 guests at the private residence, which was catered by the resort. It was so much fun, and a great way for friendships to develop before the big day!! Saturday, was the big day and it was simply perfect. The weather was amazing, and everyone could not stop raving about how great the venue was. We started the ceremony at 4:30 (an hour earlier than most), as we wanted a full 5 hours to dance and celebrate with our guests, before the lights went out for the sea turtles, and before the noise restrictions took effect. The food was awesome, the open bar had everything we requested (even our specialty drink), and the service staff was exceptional. We had an amazing band (Orange Krush) and they kept everyone dancing until we had to end our party at 10pm. I would not have changed or have asked for anything more, I wish we could do it again every year!!

Absolutely the best wedding planners!!

Reviewed on 11/08/2010 Crystal B

Venue was amazing! Very versatile and unique. There is something for everyone!! :) Definitely had the best food and the most organized wedding planners.

Excellent Food

Reviewed on 6/29/2010 Michelle M

The food was excellent. All of my guests complimented the caterer. They all said it was restaurant food quality and that they have never had such good food at a wedding before. The bartenders and servers were very attentive to the guests needs. They were in and out of our dinner... Read More rehearsal without being noticed! It was great!

Review for Palmetto Dunes

Reviewed on 9/30/2007 Jennifer R

Our reception was at a small beach clubhouse. We ate and danced on a deck with a small indoor area with high-tops that were used for cocktails. Our cake table was also indoors where it was air-conditioned. The deck had two walkways to the ocean and was open on three sides! It... Read More was beautiful!;The bathrooms were kinda gross and i wouldn't recommend marrying there in the middle of summer! It is completely outdoors, so it would be super hot! Lots of candles/lighting are needed because all you have is the stars! It is the perfect romantic venue! (And I wouldn't wear stilettos! It is a DECK afterall!)