Centerpieces, Decorations + Accents, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Arrangements

1816B E Greenville St., Anderson, SC (864) 226-6400

Reviewed on 2/17/2017 Bob G

Palmetto Gardens Florist 1618 E. Greenville Street, Suite B Anderson, S.C. 29621 I ordered Teleflora's Love Medley with Red roses for Valentine's Day. The photograph and specifications on Teleflora's web site show large red roses, no white roses at all, and three types of pink... Read More roses, each of a different size and shade. I ordered the arrangement by telephone and made a point to confirm that the florist had the necessary flowers for the arrangement and that they were all fresh. The florist at first told me the pink roses in the arrangement are actually pink mini-carnations. When I read the description aloud in which that pink roses are specified, she said she was at first confused but then understood which arrangement I wanted. My fiancée and I were staying in a hotel about 35 minutes away from the florist. When I called the next day to make sure the piece was ready to pick up, The florist told me she was out of pink roses and had substituted large pink roses instead. When we saw the actual arrangement, white roses had been substituted for most of the pink roses called for in the specifications. There were no sweetheart roses and no hot pinks that were supposed to make the arrangement pop with color. Also there was no greenery interspersed with the roses. All the greenery was around the periphery of the piece. The look of piece relies heavily on the variety supplied by the three shades and three different sizes of pink roses. Accordingly, substitution of white roses for the three sizes and shades of pink drastically changed the look of the arrangement. Also, the white roses dominated the piece to such an extent that it looked more like a cheap funeral arrangement than a Valentine's Day piece. In addition, both the roses and the greenery were old--many days old, and they were very clearly showing their age. The roses were fully open, the edges were curling downward, and the leaves and the greenery around the periphery had started to turn brown. The flowers were brought out by an older lady in the shop who was exceedingly unfriendly. We asked her to remake the arrangement given that it was so far off from specifications and since the flowers looked so old. She said the arrangement looked beautiful to her while looking sheepishly at the roses and squeezing them. She then copped an attitude and told us in a rather strident tone that she isn't a stylist, the stylist was gone, and that she couldn't remake the piece. In other words, she didn't care that the arrangement was vastly different than advertised, featured very old stock, and that we had driven many miles and took time off from work to get it. I would avoid this florist at all cost. I would not even walk across the street to purchase anything from them. And I think they are damaging the Teleflora brand with such poor quality work and bad customer service. BUYER BEWARE!

Reviewed on 12/02/2016 Abbie R

Lori was fantastic! She was so helpful and easy to work with, and our arrangements turned out SO beautiful. I had a pretty specific style in mind but knew almost nothing about floral arrangements, and she was so patient and willing to help throughout our entire process!

Perfect wedding flowers

Reviewed on 6/12/2013 Rachel M

Lori at Palmetto Gardens Florist is fantastic. She is extremely helpful and absolutely knows her flowers. I had a very difficult wedding color -- a purple/pink colors that apparently doesn't have a specific name. We brought in a swatch of the color to her and she ran with it.... Read More Come time for the wedding, she managed to get the perfect color for the bouquets and flawlessly "faked" the right color of hydrangeas for our ceremony flowers. The prices were great compared to other places, and you can't go wrong with her fantastic service.