Paniolo Ranch

Boerne, TX

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Farm + Ranch, Waterfront, Garden, Hotel, Park

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment

1510 FM 473, Boerne, TX

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Therese C

My husband and I were married at Paniolo Ranch the first week of June 2016. We did the Bells and Banquets package deal which included everything but my dress, his tux, the D.J. and our photographer. They did the flowers, the bouquets, set up, clean up, EVERYTHING. We also... Read More added the Aloha package, which included accommodations for our family and wedding party. It was the most amazing weekend. Judy and her team made every effort to make sure everything was done to out liking. As part of the Aloha package, she included our rehearsal dinner which was fabulous. The food, the atmosphere, and the staff were amazing. They took care of everything, we just showed up and enjoyed ourselves. It was five star all the way. The wedding was absolutely beautiful. The team at Paniolo did an amazing job making sure everything we asked for was done and done beautifully. Our package included flowers, appetizers during the cocktail hour, catering, all the linens, tableware and glassware, bartenders and wait staff. My husband and our families were able to enjoy ourselves and relax because Paniolo took care of everything. The lights, the scenery and the amazing staff made it a night to remember. Paniolo is an incredibly beautiful property. Our wedding photos are amazing. The grounds are very well kept and make for wonderful photos. For what you get and the quality of the venue and service it absolutely a great deal. I would highly recommend choosing them for your big day or event. Therese Mellgren

2016-09-01T14:28:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Therese!! We loved your wedding and all the amazing props you brought in from your company Stage Works. We look forward to seeing you for your anniversary. Have a blessed day!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Elizabeth G

My wedding was held at the Paniolo Ranch at the end of this summer and it was amazing! The property is set in the heart of the beautiful hill country with spectacular views. The gardens and grounds are perfectly maintained and very gorgeous. We had an evening outdoor service... Read More during sunset with our family and guests witnessing this special moment while sitting on the rock pews overlooking the expansive hill country views. Then cocktail hour began on the very spacious rock patio and gardens during the moon rise, which lit up the night sky and reflected over the lake. The dinner and reception were held at the indoor venue with the large open doors opened to the night breeze set up on the hill with again, perfect views and in the distance down the hill, large oak trees were lit up with lights. It was magical.... The décor inside the venue was also spectacular with lights shining down on the centerpiece of each table. There is a stage for the live band and the sound and acoustics were amazing! The bridal suite and bedroom was very spacious and again, designed with perfection and five star class! The owners and staff of Paniolo Ranch were very accommodating, professional, gracious, and did everything possible to make this event so special for us. Kudos to Paniolo Ranch! Thank you for making our wedding day so perfect... I highly recommend this wedding venue.....

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Dolores F

Wonderful settong. Abundant amenities. Phenomenal food. Judy and C'ne work hard to provde you the best experienc.

2016-10-06T12:09:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your wonderful review!!

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Sara F

Very beautiful area, houses, and friendly people. It was very peaceful and the people here helped the wedding go off smoothly.

2016-10-06T12:09:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you for writing a review!

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Caroline F

We attended a getaway weekend wedding here and it was superb. The cabins were great, some with full kitchens that we used to prepare our own meals for a full group. The wedding facilities are very pretty and there are different options for the size of your service. Over all... Read More beautiful spot that's at least 30 minutes from anything so it's peaceful too.

2016-10-06T12:12:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review! We really enjoyed being a part of your event and visiting with everyone in your group.

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Addie E

We eloped here over the weekend and it was wonderful! I highly recommend this location for weddings and quiet, relaxing getaways. We can't wait to come back! Addie and Jason Simmons

2016-09-30T16:21:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for letting us be a part of your wedding day. We look forward to seeing you for your anniversary!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Patti P

I attended a party at Paniolo recently and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. The grounds, overlooking a lake, are gorgeous. Covered with oaks and other native Texas species, it was nice to just wander around. The party room was beautifully decorated and the band sounded great. There... Read More were activities scattered about for entertainment, even stuff for the kids to do. I highly recommend Paniolo Ranch for any party or reception. Truly excellent.

2016-09-30T16:22:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your day!

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Megan C

The wedding venue is absolutely gorgeous and so unique! It is much more glamorous than many of the other ranch venues in Boerne and air conditioning was a must for me. My husband and I loved our wedding and received many compliments on the venue!

2016-09-30T16:25:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking time to give us a review! We look forward to seeing you, hopefully, in the future!!

Reviewed on 8/22/2016

What a wonderful setting for our most memorable occasion. Everything was great. Thanks to all the staff and owners. AWaller

2016-08-23T18:29:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to send us a review letting us know you were happy and your wedding was a great success. A happy Bride is the best payback we can hope for.

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Anita G

Our wedding was beautiful. Thank you for a wonderful time. The venue was perfect, we will have lasting memories.

2016-08-23T18:32:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you for trusting us to host your wedding. You have made our day with your glowing review. Best wishes for a very long and enduring marriage and we hope to see you on your anniversary.

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Beth M

Absolutely beautiful venue. Lots of little intimate spots for great photo ops. The bed and breakfast side is well kept and convenient for your wedding. The rooms don't sleep as many advertised privately, but it was not a big deal and my guests loved the rooms. The reception... Read More space is stunning. Any added decor is just extra. The view is worth every penny. I highly recommend this for your big day.

2016-07-08T12:10:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your wonderful review!! We really appreciate it!!

Reviewed on 6/24/2016

It has been a month since my wedding and I can't stop looking back at all the pictures it was my dream wedding. The staff was very accomadating the coordinator had a big crowd and many vendors to manage and she handled it like a champ! All my guest raved about what a great... Read More wedding and stay they had!

2016-09-01T14:29:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you for review. Please come and see us for your anniversary!

Reviewed on 1/10/2016 Katie G

Unfortunately, we did not have the best experience at Paniolo Ranch. It was our 4th stop of the day touring venues and we were really excited to see the place based on pictures and good reviews. Let me start by saying the facility is beautiful and we loved all the amenities... Read More Paniolo Ranch had to offer. We were extremely disappointed by the manner in which our tour was conducted. The young lady who showed us around looked like she had just rolled out of bed (messy hair, no makeup, sloppy clothes, etc) and did not conduct herself in a professional manner. When we asked if she was the wedding coordinator, she replied that she mostly bartends and is there "to make sure no one does anything stupid." This struck us as odd and raised questions in our minds about the professionalism of the staff at Paniolo Ranch. First impressions are everything, and unfortunately, the young lady representing the facility did not instill confidence in us about using the venue. While the venue itself is stunning, we were so disappointed in the manner in which it was presented, that we chose another facility for our wedding. There are many wedding venues in the vicinity of Paniolo Ranch that you would think they'd put their best foot forward for every tour, but sadly, every other venue we toured that day was head and shoulders above them when it came to professionalism. It really is a shame that's the impression we were left with of such a beautiful venue.

2016-01-10T11:50:28 Response from the vendor

I am sorry my appearance was not up to par for you during your tour of the facilities and actually find it somewhat hurtful, although it is an opinion based comment. I was not scheduled to give tours that day, but decided to assist your... Read Less Read More

Wedding/Reception review

Reviewed on 10/22/2015

I had my wedding and reception here in September 2015. I also rented out the entire bed and breakfast for the weekend since I had a lot of out of town family. The venue itself is beautiful and all my guests raved about the wedding and reception. It was very convenient to have... Read More everyone stay at the bed and breakfast and they all enjoyed their accommodations. Overall, everything went very well. I particularly enjoyed working with the owner's son and his wife and the other staff at the venue. They were all very accommodating and friendly. I would recommend this place a reception and wedding venue. A few things to be aware of: They charge gratuity on the fee for using the venue. That gratuity is in addition to gratuity for any services that are provided such as alcohol service, security guards and maid service. I would confirm you can use something at your wedding or reception before you buy it. Ask for a list of things they don't allow prior to starting your planning. The venue decided they didn't want to allow kegs anymore after I already bought them. I was luckily able to return them and buy bottles - but it was way more expensive for me to buy bottles. I also bought confetti for the tables and they told me the day before the wedding I wasn't allowed to use it.

2015-10-23T11:51:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for all of your positive reviews. We are glad that you and your guests enjoyed the property and we felt privileged to be part of such a special day in your life. I would like to mention for any prospective bride... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/21/2015

Beautiful setting for a very beautiful bride and groom - James & Martina!! Lovely and may you continue to be blessed! Thank you so much !!!

2016-09-01T14:30:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you!!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2015 Gayle C

My husband and I did a small elopement at the Paniolo Ranch. It was amazing! Judy paid attention to every detail and the ceremony was exactly what we wanted. We stayed in budget and had no stress. The venue and ranch could not be more beautiful or photogenic. Thanks so much... Read More to the staff and Judy for the best wedding ever!

2015-10-23T11:53:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you for such a great review!

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Annie W

We went here for a friend's wedding in September 2015, and we had an amazing time. The venue is beautiful, the pool and hot tub were really nice, the food was delicious, and the rooms that we stayed in were very comfortable. I highly recommend this place for anyone looking for a... Read More venue in central Texas. Also, the ride out to Boerne from Austin is spectacular.

2015-10-23T11:53:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you for such a great review!

Beautiful Venue!

Reviewed on 8/29/2015 Maria S

My husband and I got married here on June 4th, 2015. This place is absolutely gorgeous. Our friends and family still comment on just how breath taking it was. We didn't even need outside decorations because of how lovely the greenery was. The lake was full and made for a pretty... Read More background. The reception building has a wrapped balcony that overlooks the water and at night the closest trees are lit.The honeymoon suite was perfect. It was a huge selling point for us. Judy was lovely and kind throughout the entire process. We highly recommend this venue! :)

2015-09-04T17:20:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. We hope to see you for your anniversary.

Reviewed on 6/29/2015

What a beautiful location for a wedding! Judy and her staff exceeded our expectations. We added on the Aloha package which gave our families a great place to hang out all weekend! Every loved their accomodations. This venue offers so much flexibility and beauty for a wedding.... Read More Thank you for making our day a success!

2015-06-29T16:20:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you!

Reviewed on 6/10/2015

Paniolo Ranch Wedding and Spa Retreat with a fabulous view is a must add to your list of places. From the moment I visited the site to start planning my daughter’s wedding event; I knew she would love it from the beautiful landscaped gardens to layout of the facility and she... Read More did! The venue was booked for wedding on May 23, 2015. Judy and her staff are awesome. We of course planned for an outdoor evening wedding with a backup for inside in case of rain, of which both were beautiful. Unfortunately, the 30 year flood came that evening and delayed the wedding an extra day…luckily everyone was able to accommodate us the next day and it all came together. Judy, Hunter, and the rest of the staff ensured our daughter’s wedding day was a “bride and groom dream day”. I can’t tell you how many of our guests commented on how lovely the venue was. Despite the delay it was an absolutely beautiful wedding. I’m sure their first year anniversary will be spent there to really enjoy the many personal touches Paniolo Ranch has to offer. Thank your Judy and Hunter! One note – if you plan to use the onsite guest homes and change your mind ensure you cancel 14 days prior! Read your contract and go over all details 30 days prior to wedding so there aren’t any surprises.

2015-06-10T10:42:00 Response from the vendor

Everyone at Paniolo is so glad to hear that you and your daughter enjoyed your event. We try to work around anything the Texas weather may throw at us to keep our guests happy! It all worked out in the end and the wedding was... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/01/2015 Cindy T

My husband and I got married during a weekend of what could have turned out to be a huge disappointment. The weekend we chose to get married happened to be the same weekend that the skies opened up and flooded most of the Hill Country. The time of the wedding came and went and... Read More my, now husband, along with some of his family, who stayed out there, some of his groomsmen, and even the DJ, were stuck out at the venue. I was on my way out there with my Maid of Honor, but couldn't get through due to new rivers rushing across where there used to be roads. We weren't sure if we were going to be able to reschedule without having to pay for everything all over again. The owners of Paniolo Ranch, Judy and her son, Hunter, came to our rescue. They said if the weather got better, we were more than welcome to have the wedding the next day, without an extra charge. We called all of the vendors and one by one, they said they would be able to go back out there the next day, also without having to pay extra. The weather just so happened to be perfect the next day and a good portion of our guests were able to make it. Everything was perfect! So many of our guests complimented the choice of venue and how smooth everything went. A special thanks to Hunter, who was out there with everyone that night. He went above and beyond, making dinner and ensuring that everyone was comfortable ! Another thank you to Judy for working with us and doing everything she could to help us! My husband and I plan to go back out there for our "one year" permitting! ;)

2016-09-01T14:32:44 Response from the vendor

Oh my! That was a crazy weekend! It was our pleasure to be of service to you during such a special time in your life.

Absolutely Beautiful

Reviewed on 3/07/2015 Kara S

Let me start by saying that I'm so glad we chose Paniolo Ranch for our wedding. The venue is breathtaking, and it set the tone for the whole wedding. We had looked at a lot of other venues before we drove up to Paniolo, and the second we pulled in the driveway, I told my then... Read More fiance, "This is it." The only reason I'm not giving it five stars all around is that I definitely experienced some of what other reviewers have mentioned about the lack of staff responsiveness and communication. Though we always eventually got an answer, we frequently had to stay on top of the staff for days when we asked questions. This especially made me a little nervous when we rented our linens from them. The numbers changed several times and since we sometimes didn't get confirmation of receipt, I was definitely worried that we might show up and find we didn't have enough. This didn't happen, though. Everything went off without a hitch. My only other complaint is that because there was a wedding at the venue the night before ours, we didn't get access to the venue until 12:00pm the day of the wedding. I don't know what the policy is at other venues, but we definitely could have used some extra time to set up. I hadn't even had time to shower when the make-up artist arrived at 3:30pm. All this being said, I wouldn't have wanted to get married anywhere else. Several of our guests told us that it was the most beautiful wedding venue they had ever been to. To top it off, the fact that there is a B&B on site means that my now husband and I can go back and visit whenever we want, and we definitely plan to do so.

Wonderful Experience!

Reviewed on 1/09/2015

We had the most beautiful small wedding at Paniolo Ranch in January of 2015. We did the "Sweetest Nuptials" package, and Judy handled the reception food and decor, the cake, the bouquets, and the photography! She is wonderwoman and does a remarkable job with each task. I look... Read More back on my pictures from that day with complete happiness and absolutely no regrets. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding. The cottages are great, too, and it is so nice to be able to have all of your guests right there on the property. I highly recommend this venue if you are looking for something scenic in the gorgeous hill country!

Reviewed on 1/07/2015

My wedding date was 12.13.14. Weather was going to be our only concern since that makes it indoor wedding instead of outdoor. Judy made sure I had the best venue for my ceremony if it was in or out. Thankfully it was outside. Everything went perfect. Judy, her family & staff... Read More made the day seamless. I did not have a single BrideZilla moment & that is thanks to the work & efforts of Judy & her staff. I wouldn't change a thing & we are going back to enjoy a relaxing weekend soon.

Gorgeous Venue!

Reviewed on 11/08/2014 Jennifer B

My Husband and I tied the knot at the beautiful Paniolo Ranch on October 24th and it was a huge success. The number one question I received from my guests throughout the night was, "how did you find this place?" Everyone was floored at how beautiful the venue is, from the... Read More natural beauty of the Hill Country as a backdrop, to the beautiful on-site landscaping and stonework. When I was originally looking for our venue, I knew that I didn't want the themey barn wedding that has become so popular, instead a place that showcases Texas' beauty without being so literally "country". Paniolo is just this. It has just the perfect amount of rustic touches to go with the elegant furnishings and finishes. The pictures on the website won me over but even the pictures don't do this place justice. It is even more beautiful in person and we didn't look further after our first visit to Paniolo. One of my concerns about going with an outdoor ceremony was having to move inside if the weather didn't cooperate but the indoor venue's walls open up so that there is an outdoor feel if the ceremony has to take place indoors. I would have been equally happy with the ceremony, had that been the case. In fact we did have the walls pushed up during our reception and it was a big hit with our guests. They loved being able to move from indoor to outdoor while still being part of the reception. Judy and the team are extremely nice and were very accommodating to us. Our families also stayed at the houses on the ranch and they were all very nice, clean, and comfortable. They too are beautifully decorated. If you are considering Paniolo, please go see this place in person, you will not be disappointed. I'm so happy we did!