Vintage, Natural Light Photographer

In July of 2017, my grandpa passed away. As I was home helping my family with funeral arrangements, I went through all of my grandparent's old photos. As I sat there with vintage photographs surrounding me on the floor, I noticed there were no wedding photos among them. I asked my mom where they were so I could see them and she said they had never had any taken. This moment struck me as the meaning behind what I do as a photographer. I BELIEVE EVERY COUPLE SHOULD HAVE WEDDING PHOTOS THAT FUTURE CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN CAN SIT ON THE FLOOR SURROUNDED WITH ONE DAY. I believe in capturing not just the details and smiles, but the emotion from your wedding that will one day be remembered by not just you but those who come after you. I would be honored if you chose me to capture them for yo

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums

Fort Mill, Charlotte, Asheville (434) 851-0633
PINTEREST

Stop looking and Book Kate NOW!

Reviewed on 9/09/2015 Kristin S

Kate is perfect and you should book her IMMEDIATELY. That's pretty much all you need to know but of course I will continue! Kate has been with us since the very beginning, we met at a Starbucks to discuss engagement pictures and we knew right away from the time we sat down... Read More and exchanged our first pleasantries that this was the lady for us! Our engagement pictures were fantastic, which surprised us since my husband and I have no idea how to pose in front of a camera at all. Kate helped us through everything until we could let loose and have some fun with it. Fast forward to wedding day - I probably emailed Kate 15 times asking what I'm sure are stupid questions but she answered everything for me quickly and reassured me of everything. Then it was the big day, she and her second shooter Michelle came in and right away fit in with all of the chaos going on. They took the divide and conquer method to get the most fabulous detail shots as well as all our getting ready pictures. From getting ready pictures, to ceremony pictures, to reception pictures I can't stop looking at. Kate is an amazing photographer as well as one of the most easy, fun, joyful, people you will ever work with. I can't wait to work with her in the future for other sessions!

Reviewed on 4/01/2017 Erica J

Paper Heart Photography truly went above and beyond my expectations for wedding photography. Kate and her husband captured every special moment and have allowed my husband and I to re-live our magical day through pictures. Thanks to them, our pictures are truly captivating. Kate... Read More and her husband are both very professional and made us feel at ease during such a chaotic day. They were able to capture our personality and captured special moments that I hadn't even thought of. This was by far best decision we could have made. Paper Heart Photography does not only capture memories through photos, but because of Kate's blog I was able to incorporate her ideas from previous experience from her blog (song, wedding line up, decoration ideas, etc). Kate is genuine, humble, and full of knowledge/experience. Paper Heart Photography is a great investment!

Reviewed on 12/19/2016 Callie C

We absolutely loved working with Kate at Paper Heart Photography for our wedding. From the very beginning to the very end, Kate has been attentive, and a pleasure to be around and work with. We are so beyond happy with our engagement photos and our wedding photos. On the wedding... Read More day, she helped keep us on schedule, and was so easy to be around. Everything was done on time and was handled very professionally. I would highly recommend to anyone needing a photographer!

Reviewed on 1/03/2018 Tarah R

Kate is the best and made our wedding day so perfect! I had no idea what I was doing most of the time and she helped me plan what shots I wanted and rolled with anything we threw at her. She is so sweet and awesome and her team is amazing. Couldn’t have asked for anything... Read More better! 10/10! I can’t wait to use her for all our events in the future!

Reviewed on 12/07/2017 karissa W

Kate was amazing! We’re so happy that we chose her for our elopement shoot. She was very friendly, professional, and quick with sending the final pictures. If you’re in the Charlotte area, I highly recommend Paper Heart Photography.

Reviewed on 12/02/2017 Megan A

We absolutely LOVE our wedding photos from Paper Heart Photography! Kate is amazing and is so great to work with! She answered every question we had and made us feel so comfortable during our engagement and wedding photo sessions. We cannot wait to use Paper Heart Photography... Read More for any photos we need taken in the future!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Chelsey D

Kate is beyond talented & was SO fabulous to work with! She is genuine & fun; from the start of our engagement session we felt a lot less awkward in front of the camera than we anticipated. While shooting she gave helpful prompts & direction, but not too much...so our pictures... Read More looked natural & candid. Also, we love the mix of both black-white & color pictures! Additionally, she is timely & organized- which can definitely cut down on stress during the busyness of wedding planning. Her gentle manner put everyone at ease on wedding day, while her excitement for lighting, angles & detailed shots show her true passion for photography! We are delighted with our huge selection of wedding pictures & could not be more pleased with Paper Heart Photography!

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Anna M

Kate was amazing to work with! Most importantly, her photos are absolutely stunning. I have been drooling over them and showing them to anyone who will give me two spare seconds of their time. I stressed endlessly about finding the right photographer- it was the most important... Read More vendor to me. I'm so glad I went with my gut after viewing Kate's gorgeous website. After our wedding, my father in law commented that he had kind of been giving her the side eye during the wedding, wondering why on earth we had chosen someone so young to capture our wedding. He then went on to gush about our pictures, compare them to every other wedding photograph he's seen, and would not stop talking about how talented she is and what an eye she has. We couldn't agree more! Throughout the day, and in our many email conversations, Kate was helpful beyond her role, flexible, calm, professional, and such a pleasure to work with. There truly is no one else who could've captured our day in the same way, and I'm so grateful that we were able to find such an amazing person to photograph our wedding. Her attention to detail was SO appreciated. We are so impressed by the way she uses light, her overall style, her willingness to be helpful and accommodating- I cannot say enough good things about her. I'm so glad that we will have this pictures to look back on for the rest of our lives, and I can't wait to have her do more pictures for us in the future.

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Eric V

We (speaking for us both!) cannot recommend Kate highly enough. She was prompt, thorough, and most importantly took absolutely amazing pictures of our wedding. Kate was also very accommodating for the additional family/friends pictures we asked for and did a great job of making... Read More the entire operation very efficient so we could enjoy as much time as possible on our wedding day. Even better, Kate had terrific suggestions for other cute pictures we ended up taking that will now be among the absolute most memorable ones we'll have. During our initial meeting also she made very helpful suggestions for our actual wedding timeline since we didn't have a planner which turned out to be invaluable. A+!

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Brittany B

Kate was absolutely fabulous!!! She worked well with our large family and many picture requests!! She couldn’t have been nicer!! I loved her the minute we met!! She captured us as a couple perfectly! Can’t say enough good things about her!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Cassandra F

Last September, Daniel and I were scouting for a photographer for our engagement session and wedding. It was an overwhelming experience as we were sorting through recommendations from friends and coworkers, considering our budget, and the different styles of photography. When we... Read More met Kate, we immediately felt at ease. Kate thoroughly explained what her professional expectations are and she ended up going above and beyond them! My family was in PA during the day of my bridal portraits and I ended up going alone. Not only did Kate make me feel at ease in full hair and makeup on a Monday morning but she also buttoned me into my dress! On our wedding day, Kate and her second shooter, Angela, were almost invisible to us and our guests, it is amazing how they captured the moments they did when we did not know they were there. Our bridal party and guests keep saying how wonderful Kate was - respectful and professional while still making sure they looked their best. You will not be disappointed when you hire Kate! After the wedding is all over (in just a blink of an eye), you will be left with beautiful, natural, and organic pictures to remind you of the best day of your life!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Tara S

Kate is seriously the best!!! I would highly recommend Kate to anyone who is looking for a talented photographer! I wanted engagement pictures here in the Fort Mill area and moving from Ohio a year ago, I was nervous about finding someone that would also fit my style. Kate was... Read More the perfect fit! She has such a bubbly personality and made our engagement shoot so fun! She had great ideas for where to shoot our pictures to make them unique. One thing that really stood out to me about Kate and it showed her pictures was her technique with the lighting/sun. Those were some of my favorite pictures! Also, her timing on getting sneak peaks and all edited photos back is impeccible! We got 30 sneak peaks back the NEXT day and all edited photos back in ONE week. I was so amazed!!! I really appreciate Kate capturing my favorite moments with my fiance! Thank you, Kate!!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017

I remember seeing Kate's photography for the first time and falling in love with her style. When we received our engagement and wedding sneak-peak photos back, I felt that excitement all over again! I was in disbelief of how beautiful our photos were! Kate made our budget... Read More wedding look like it was straight out of a wedding inspiration blog! Kate has her own unique style that sets her apart from others, and it is so fun to see her expertise in action during a photo shoot. In addition to the quality work she delivers, Kate is also a dream to work with. She is kind, responsive, and highly professional. The experience of working with Kate was worth every penny!

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Lauren J

Reviewed on 9/03/2017 Allyson T

I highly recommend Paper Heart Photography for your wedding day! Kate is a pleasure to work with and has a great eye for detail and lighting. We loved the variety of shots she was able to give us! She has a calming presence and gave us direction when we needed it but also... Read More captured candid moments. She made us feel comfortable both during our engagement session and on our wedding day. Kate and her second photographer, Michelle, perfectly captured the happiness we felt during the wedding day and at the reception. She was very efficient and helped us stay on schedule all day. We greatly appreciated her promptness in getting our photos back to us as well. We can't look through them enough! Thanks Kate!

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Kelsey G

Kate did our engagement and wedding photo's and we were very impressed and pleased! She made us enjoy the process and would recommend her for any future sessions for brides and grooms! Thank you Kate!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Emily S

Choosing a photographer was one of the hardest decisions I had to make while planning my wedding. I did not know any photographers personally, so I had to take a risk and trust someone based on their Knot reviews! I'm so glad I chose Kate! She was so fun to work with and very... Read More professional. I really appreciated that she was able to blend into the background capturing the perfect candids as well as take charge when necessary to gather everyone for pictures. If you're struggling to choose a photographer, choose Paper Heart Photography! You won't regret it! You'll meet a great person & get amazing photos at a reasonable price! Thank you, Kate!!

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Jessica R

Kate was simply amazing! After perusing photographers in the area, I just fell in love with Kate’s style and portfolio, and was so ecstatic she was free to cover our wedding! Kate is so sweet and was very responsive to all my questions from first phone call to wedding day. We... Read More were living out of state and weren’t able to do an engagement session, so the wedding day was our first time really working with Kate - but you would have never known! She is so easy to work with and really makes it fun for you. Kate had never shot at our venue before, but she worked her way around the place with no problem and was able to get in a ton of shots in the short window of daylight we had. She is also CRAZY fast. She posted quite a few of our pictures just a week later! We were still on our honeymoon and I just could not stop looking at them! She did just an absolutely incredible job. My friends and family couldn’t stop commenting on them. Later, when I looked through the full gallery, I was shocked there were so many amazing moments captured that I hadn’t even realized she was there for! I really cannot recommend Kate enough. She’s a joy to work with, her price is right, and she does beautiful work.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Kendall M

Words can not even express how amazing my wedding photos came out. Kate was an absolute doll to work with, from the moment I reached out to her once we got engaged. She is so sweet, and full of positive energy. I knew I chose the perfect photographer. The wedding day came,... Read More and she did such a great job with the bridal party and capturing the best moments throughout the whole day. Everyone absolutely loves my wedding photos, and I am so thankful that Kate did my wedding. I would and will recommend Paper Heart Photography for any photo needs any of my friends ever have.

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 Melisa H

Kate was incredibly kind and had a smile on her face every moment of our interactions together, from our first meeting over breakfast to our wedding day when she flitted around tirelessly catching every shot we'd talked about and many more. She was incredibly professional as... Read More well, answering correspondence in a timely manner and making sure every detail was taken care of and planned out before our big day. She was hands down THE MOST AFFORDABLE wedding photographer we could find that provided the quality we were looking for in our photos. And the photos! Oh my goodness, they are perfect and beautiful in every way, extremely high quality with gorgeous editing work, and we got SO MANY for the price! Kate made my husband and I feel completely comfortable in front of the camera and made us look our best, and the results are breathtaking. Perhaps one of the best things about Paper Heart Photography is that we have the rights to every single photo taken and were provided with free unlimited digital downloads in multiple formats, and there was also the option to order prints as well. I cannot rave enough about Paper Heart Photography and Kate Marcus; if you choose Paper Heart for any of your photography needs, you WILL NOT be disappointed!

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Kristina S

Where to begin!? Kate is simply amazing! From the first phone call to our wedding day, she was nothing but professional, fun and awesome! We were super nervous about our engagement photos and being photographed, but Kate was super relaxed and made us feel so comfortable. Not to... Read More mention, she was able to get our crazy hyper dog to sit still for some photos! On our wedding day, Kate was much more than a photographer. When my veil would not stay in my hair, Kate came to the rescue and bobby pinned it in and it stayed the entire ceremony! Props to Kate! She kept us smiling all night and from the sneak-peeks we have seen already from our special day, I am so in love with her work! If you're looking for a relaxed, professional, affordable and simply awesome photographer, Kate's your girl!

Reviewed on 6/24/2016 Kate S

I would absolutely recommend Paper Heart Photography! Kate is amazingly easy to work with and is one of the nicest people I've met. From our first meeting to chat about what we wanted, I knew sh'ed be the perfect fit. She made us feel so comfortable during our engagement shoot... Read More when we had no idea what we were doing. And she was so organized and got all the requested shots during our wedding day. We have so many fun and beautiful photos now, its incredibly hard to choose favorites! Pricing is very fair for the product you receive and I would tell anyone looking for a photographer in Charlotte about Paper Heart!

Perfection!

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Rachel A

I used Paper Heart Photography for engagement pictures, bridal portraits, and the wedding day. I cannot say enough Kate. All of my pictures turned out to be so much more than I could have ever imagined! I would recommend Kate and her company to any of my friends and family! I... Read More cannot wait to get the rest of my wedding day pictures from her. Kate is very professional and made my husband and I feel very comfortable at our sessions! :)

Captured the day beautifully!

Reviewed on 9/14/2015

Kate did a beautiful job with our photos. In looking back, it was like we could walk through the whole day all over again. Her photos told a story and we are so grateful to have them!

Loved my wedding photos!

Reviewed on 9/10/2015

Kate did an amazing job with my bridal portraits and wedding pictures. When we first booked Kate she was focused on detail and wanted to make sure she could capture all of the details of my wedding. She made sure she knew about all of my decorations, colors, traditions etc. She... Read More introduced me to the idea of first look. This was the best advice I received throughout the entire wedding planning. The first look pictures are my favorite from that day!! She captured everything I hand created, all the decorations, the wedding party was captured exactly how I wanted them to be. Everything was captured!!! After the wedding I realized she captured all pictures without getting in the way of the actual ceremony, she did everything without any issues. When I received the pictures back I was overjoyed with how great the pictures look! Kate took pictures of all the major events, all details perfectly. I have received so many complements on my pictures!! I loved working with Kate she brought a smile into the room and now I have wonderful pictures of my wedding!

Kate Marcus

Hi friends! I'm Kate. I'm an old soul and romantic at heart. A lover of vintage things, beautiful stories, and natural light. Creating stories with my husband every day, I know that each couple has a unique love story and I love telling that through photography. From the moment you book with me, I want to get to know you and what makes you happy in life. I believe that your photos should perfectly capture who you are so that they are unique to you and your heart.