Is this your business? claim it now

Paradox Pastry

Charlottesville, VA

Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

313 2nd St SE, Charlottesville, VA

Amazing wedding cake!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Amy K

Jenny at Paradox Pastry is so amazing to work with. She went through exactly what type of cake I wanted step by step and then made it happen! The cake arrived on time to my wedding, looked beautiful, and tasted delicious! I went with their Guiness dark chocolate cake with... Read More raspberry cream filling and people couldn't stop talking about how yummy it was. I definitely recommend this vendor!

Great personalities, great cakes

Reviewed on 1/22/2014 Margaret M

Jenny was great to work with - her sense of humor and artful eye made Paradox Pastry the clear choice. I'm not typically a fan of store bought cakes, but Paradox Pastry is different. You get two large slices of moist, delicious cake at your tasting - we tasted a Chocolate... Read More Guinness cake that was to die for and chose to go with that one rather than creating a mix of our own flavors. I described the style of my wedding, and Jenny designed the perfect cake.

Highly recommended

Reviewed on 10/09/2013 Amy K

The pies and mini cake Paradox Pastry made for our wedding were amazing! I went to pastry school so I was very particular in choosing a local pastry chef. Since we don't live in VA it was a bit more difficult since I wasn't as familiar. Our wedding planner suggested Paradox... Read More and we are so glad she did. We met the chefs at the shop and were blown away by the taste of the mini pies! They looked great and tasted delicious! As a bonus the chefs were super sweet and fun! We're so glad we chose Paradox Pastry for our wedding desserts. We highly recommend if you want a wonderfully tasty dessert, great looking presentation, and professional sweet people to work with!

Good in the End

Reviewed on 6/04/2013 Avan O

Our cake was beyond creative and truly set the wedding apart. The owner of the bakery was very nice to work with, but be prepared to do most of the final planning right before the wedding. We got many compliments on the flavors and the style. Delivery was perfect and it handled... Read More the May weather very well.

Fantastic Value

Reviewed on 10/21/2012 Megan W

Paradox Pastry was fantastic to work with! My husband and I were able to taste test whatever we wanted well in advance of making a decision. The pastry chef, Jenny is extremely easy to work with and down to earth. We were able to get exactly what we wanted-2 different flavors,... Read More different icing types, fresh flowers, etc. She remained very flexible and gave us a great price. I would highly recommend her services. Not a single hiccup in the entire process- we cannot wait to eat our 1 year anniversary cake!

DELICIOUS!

Reviewed on 9/26/2012 Kim F

Jenny at Paradox Pastry was great! She has lots of energy and great ideas for what we wanted. The guiness stout chocolate cake was AMAZING! We had a small wedding, therefore, a small cake, but it really was perfect. We did not book her until a month prior to our wedding and... Read More she never made us feel rushed. We even got compliments from our catering staff saying it was the best wedding cake they had ever eaten!

Delicious and Gorgeous!

Reviewed on 11/02/2011 Lauren F

Jenny was great to work with - she really made our dreams come to life and created a gorgeous cake for us! I'm a little upset - I got so caught up in dancing that I missed out on trying the guiness chocolate cake with hazelnut icing that she made us (but I'll get to try it for... Read More our anniversary cake!). The red velvet was TO DIE FOR and the cake was stunning. She's a true artist and so easy to work with! Definitely recommend!

Whoopie Pies Galore!

Reviewed on 10/07/2011 Teka P

Jenny from Paradox Pastry was a delight to work with. I think she is so creative and she was so willing to work with us on whatever we wanted. While her regular wedding cakes were a little bit out of our budget, we eventually came to a great place that was affordable to us and... Read More really showcased our personality as a couple - whoopie pies! Not just your regular chocolate cake and cream filling whoopie pies but assorted flavors! We worked together to develop our flavor pairings and it was totally perfect. She really took the time to get to know us as a couple to figure out what we might want in a cake, and, eventually, in whoopie pies.

Delicious and beautiful Cakes

Reviewed on 6/02/2011 Blair M

YUMM! Jenny at Paradox Pastry knows how to make a cake! Known more for whimsical cakes, Jenny was still able to create a beautiful/classic cake just like we had imagined. Her price could not be beat, nor could her friendliness. We just loved our meetings with her! She made... Read More us a white cake with chocolate ganache & raspberry for 2 of our layers, and white cake with lemon curd for the other two. Wow, this is making me hungry just writing this! Jenny is great – best quality in Charlottesville!

TO Paradox Pastry