PartyProDJ Wedding DJs, Lighting, Photo Booth

Serving CT, MA, RI, NY and DESTINATION WEDDINGS

Elegant & fun without the circus act!

We're a family owned team of Wedding DJs, Lighting Experts and Reception Coordinators with four generations of wedding experience.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Arabic, Bollywood, Caribbean, Celtic, Flamenco, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Se Habla Español, Planning

Serving CT, MA, RI, NY and DESTINATION WEDDINGS (860) 538-7843

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Emily S

My husband and I could not have asked for a more memorable, organized, and amazing day! From the moment we were referred to John by family friends, we were impressed. He handled our music and uplighting with energy and professionalism. One major aspect that made working... Read More with John so enjoyable and made the wedding go off without a hitch was his clear and frequent line of communication. John made himself readily available to answer any questions and concerns we had via phone, e-mail, and video conferencing. His responses were always prompt - his communication coupled with his organization helped to plan every aspect of our reception and eliminated issues to make our day run smoothly! John went above and beyond in making sure that we had a fantastic evening. He monitored the dance floor closely to transition between songs if guests weren't dancing, took requests with ease, and lead a number of group dances to keep the party rolling. Several guests approached us after the evening had ended to "complain" that they kept waiting for a *bad* song to come up so they could take a break from the dance floor, but none played! Our guests raved about the music selections, energy, and enthusiasm of John and (four weeks later!) are still talking about how fantastic, friendly, and energetic of a vendor he was! Not only did John handle our music and uplighting, he made sure that we had everything we could possibly need the day of the wedding. His crew was out and about the entire evening to take pictures of the reception - catching some better snapshots than our hired photographers! Having worked with several other vendors for our wedding, John and PartyProDJ were, by far, our favorites. They were not only professional and enjoyable to work with, but were good at what they did. We cannot say enough about how much we loved the experience of working with them!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

Beth was amazing to work with. She knows what she is doing and makes suggestions during the planning process which ultimately ensure a smoother reception. Dj Mike was very happy and fun. He played a huge part in keeping the night on track for us. The music was just what we... Read More wanted and everyone was dancing!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

I am the mother of the bride and as such can be a bit over the top. Beth handled me and my daughter with much professionalism. She answered all of our questions and sat and listened while I poked and prodded. She came through with all of her promises. She said she knew... Read More exactly who would be our DJ and he was perfect. John Skyped with my daughter who lives out of state to review exactly what she was looking for. Everything from the lighting to the music to his fabulous personality were perfect. Beth was absolutely great to deal with and I am so very happy with everything. John was full of personality and the best at getting the guests engaged right from the start and being sure everyone was involved with the toast, first dance, cutting of the cake,etc. There was never an empty dance floor - just as we had hoped for. I would highly recommend Beth and PartyProd DJ any time!

Reviewed on 9/15/2017 Tracey L

We worked with DJ John and DJ Jeff for our wedding on September 9th. DJ Jeff went above and beyond with everything! He took away all the stress of planning the day by helping us figure out an order to the day. Jeff made sure to send over food when we were taking photos, deal... Read More with a surprise extended cocktail hour, and even listened to last minute request - even if they were by moody cousins.

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Samantha C

PartyPro is the best DJ company EVER! John and his team are beyond amazing. From Day 1 until our big day, John was extremely responsive to all of my calls and emails. He was extremely organized, personable, friendly, helpful, and simply a pleasure to work with. Prior to our... Read More wedding, I already knew he would be outstanding. At our wedding, the dance floor was literally NEVER empty. My friends and family could not stop raving about how good our wedding DJ was, and how the music was “on point”. I had many people ask for the name of our DJ. It’s now been over two weeks since the wedding, and I still have people commenting on what an amazing dance party our wedding was. Absolutely, 100% recommend!!

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Kelly G

My husband and I had a long engagement, and we hired PartyPro DJ long before our July 22nd wedding. They were actually the first vendor that we hired, and were the first to truly make us excited about our wedding. We first met with John, who walked us through every step of the... Read More entire evening. He discussed lighting, song choices, photobooths, announcements--the works--with us, and never once did we feel that we were being rushed out the door. Leading up to the wedding, we met with John and Tom, who was our DJ the night of the wedding. Again, John made us feel incredibly comfortable with the events that would unfold, and I, as a complete control freak, felt completely confident in handing over the biggest night of my life to Tom. The company is incredibly organized and detailed. Songs are discussed, checklists are filled out collaboratively, and suggestions are made. I think my favorite part of that final meeting was when John said, "You tell us what you want. Don't make choosing the songs feel like work. Give us a sense of what you like, take control of as much as you'd like, and we will fill in the rest." What a sense of relief that brought. Let's be real--being tasked with choosing every song to be played at your wedding is a lot of pressure, so that statement took a huge weight off. The night of the wedding, Tom and Annie guided the entire process. He came up to the bridal suite to walk the party, Joe, and I through introductions. He reminded Joe and I that he would announce other big moments like the dances and cake cutting. He promised that he would look around and make sure moms, dads, grandparents, etc. were in the room before making any announcements. And, he challenged my very competitive bridal party to rock the dance floor harder than any other wedding. Everything he said came true, and went according to plan. Tom kept a pace going that didn't feel rushed, but allowed us to have a solid few hours of dancing. He played an amazing mix that kept everyone, old and young, on the floor. He checked with me about any guest requests (as previously discussed), but always adhered to Joe's and my requests. He rocked the house--everyone's feet hurt by the end of the night! I would highly recommend PartyPro DJ, led by John, as well as DJ Tom, to anyone. Their prices are incredibly fair, their service is impeccable, and they are available to answer any and all questions, anytime. We have not one complaint about the services, and wish we could relive the night over and over again!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Kristina K

Our DJ, Tom, and his assistant Beth, did a really great job for us on the day of our wedding. During cocktail hour, Tom went around to make sure everything was in order, learning who people were so that he could be prepared for introductions and announcements later in the... Read More evening. He gathered everyone together for toasts and made access to the microphone very easy for everyone involved. After that, we had hoped to take a group photo of everyone at the wedding, and Tom helped make sure we didn’t lose a single person, which we greatly appreciated. During the dancing portion of the evening, Tom arranged the songs really well and created a fun atmosphere for everyone - I think the dance floor was full the entire evening. Everyone we’ve talked with has said how much fun they had at the reception, and we wanted to thank Tom and Beth so much for helping to make our day so wonderful.

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Bridget O

I genuinely cannot say enough about DJ John and his entire team!!! He is literally the best ever!!!!! Not only was he amazing during the entire event playing ceremony music, cocktail hour, reception and after party but he genuinely cared about the entire event from soup to... Read More nuts. He was in continuous contact with me, helping with planning the entire event not just the music throughout the full year! We even met at my venue which was over a 2 and 1/2 hour drive for him so he can see the space and help me plan all components! We spoke throughout the whole year and his presence truly put me at ease. As far as music goes, he absolutely killed it! He listened to our exact wants and delivered 100% and then some!! They also handled our uplighting which was BEAUTIFUL and photo booth which is always a party pleaser. HIGHLY recommend PartyPro DJ and even more recommend DJ John!

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Karen H

They were amazing right from the start. When we originally booked them, we had a different venue and date. When we realized our venue wasn't going to work Beth helped us brain storm other venues to look into. DJ John was great meeting with us via FaceTime to organize the... Read More timeline for our wedding. He did an amazing job throughout the wedding, trying to pull everyone onto the dance floor. We couldn't of been happier! All of our guests had a great time as well! We would highly recommend him to everyone!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Jessica A

My husband and I worked with John, Tom, and Beth for our wedding. John and Tom took us through the whole planning process and was there for us every step of the way! They answered all our questions, and even offered some awesome ideas when we were totally stuck. John also... Read More helped us set up our profile on their website, which was super easy to use. Their website allowed you to pick your favorite music and make lists of the songs that you loved, as well as the stuff you didn't want to hear. Their website saved us so much time, because I was able to really think about what I wanted, and it got passed directly to them. . The day of the wedding, Tom and Beth did a FABULOUS job keeping all of us on track, all while playing our most FAVORITE music! Our guests had a blast, and so did we!! I can't recommend PartyProDJs enough!!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Kait H

John was absolutely AMAZING on our wedding day and the months leading up to it. He is very professional and really listens to what you want. We had a few in person / phone call meetings where we went through everything. He made me feel at ease through the process with his humor... Read More and suggestions. We even shot each other a few texts the day of the wedding with last minute changes I thought of. My wedding was an absolute blast! Everyone was on the dance floor from my 3 year old flower girl to my 85 year old grandma. He made special announcements throughout the night to remind guests to sign the guest book and go outside for a sparkler sendoff. I would highly recommend John to anyone looking for a fun, upbeat, and considerate DJ! I've been to weddings in the past where the Dj didn't even listen to the bride's request and that was not the case for me at all! I got to hear every song I requested and that was really important for me! Also, I met our JOP through John! Her name was Annie and she assisted him after she performed our ceremony! I am so grateful I came into contact with John and Annie when I did! She made our ceremony light and fun and helped to keep the night on track! John and Annie worked really well together and I'm so happy I got to experience the best day of my life with them by my side!

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Camilla

John and his team provided top notch service, at an affordable rate. John went above and beyond to provide the best services on my special day. His lighting and MC services were awesome, and he kept the party moving and having fun. He stuck to my playlist request and added a... Read More few others that were PERFECT. All my guests raved about him. 5+ stars for sure! Thanks John!

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Caitlin C

We have been to a lot of weddings and the one thing we knew we needed to have was a great DJ. We called John and asked him to DJ our wedding. The only instructions we had were our set dance songs (ours, father daughter, mother son), and to make sure the dance floor was filled... Read More the whole night. As soon as music started the floor was packed the rest of the night. Everyone from our friends to the elders danced the night away. We had no play list, John just did his own thing and we couldn't have been happier!!!

Reviewed on 3/19/2017 Calli S

DJ John and his assistant Kristen literally made our day the best day of my entire life. Right after meeting with John, we just knew that we wanted to work with him. He uses a super helpful website to help organize your day and pick music. He meets with you to review everything... Read More and put you at ease before the big day. He did the music and everything from start of the ceremony till the last song, mics and all. It was perfect! The music he selected for our cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing, off our our indecisiveness recommendations, was perfect. The floor was packed all night long thanks to his work. I am and will be forever grateful for what he did for us at our wedding, from beginning to end.

Reviewed on 3/05/2017 Katie T

My husband and I were married last fall in Groton Long Point, CT and the PartyProDJ team (John, Alex, Katie Beth and Annie) did such an amazing job making our day and night perfect! They provided sound system for our outdoor ceremony, helped with run of show and kept us on... Read More schedule during the reception. Most of all they provided the soundtrack to one of the best dance parties of my life (which was part of the goal of the wedding reception)! We received really positive feedback from our guests about how fun the playlist was. It was a real pleasure to work with the PartyProDJ team, and my husband and I count ourselves very lucky to have found them as vendors for our wedding!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Taryn K

I worked with John and Beth to book DJ and lighting services for my wedding. After speaking with a number of DJ companies, I chose John for many reasons. After asking a few questions of his own, he seemed to know exactly what I was looking for both aesthetically and... Read More musically. He also showed an interest in making the reception logistics run very smoothly by documenting a schedule of events that could be shared with my photographer and other vendors. He also stressed that he would confirm pronunciations of our wedding party which I really appreciated. In general, I felt like he and Beth didn't think of me as just another bride or wedding. They want to make it unique and special by blending into your vision seamlessly. John made me feel like I didn't have to worry about anything!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Michelle F

I do not even know where to begin with this review! My husband and I have known John since high school, so learning he was in this business made this a very easy decision for us. He is by far the best DJ I have ever had the pleasure of working with at any wedding I've ever been... Read More to. From our initial consult to our final meeting with him, he was amazing. You can feel his energy and love of his job immediately upon meeting him. He took his time getting to know as much about us as a couple as he did planning how to run our evening. He reassured us he was on top of things and he was. He was beyond professional and you could tell he was enjoying himself as much as the guests. The smiles he had all night were precious! What blew me away was the fact that he hopped off the stage to lead the crowd in group dances and wowed me by really getting down and knowing his stuff! I've never seen a DJ do that! He was a guest and friend, not a vendor. He had fun and kept our dance time flowing. I was out of breath because there wasn't a song I didn't like and I was 5 months pregnant at the wedding :) I can't say enough about John and all the wonderful compliments we received about him! He is simply amazing!!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Kacee L

Friendly, responsive, professional, and kept the party going all night! DJ Tom was awesome and fulfilled all of our expectations plus some!

2016-09-27T17:02:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Kacee and Chris! We are so happy that you are pleased with DJ Tom and our service! Cheers, John

Reviewed on 9/16/2016 Patrice K

After searching out over 15 DJ services on-line, PartyPro was our top choice once we spoke with them. They were willing to work with us though this was a destination wedding (CT/UT). We also requested a mix for the father/daughter dance. Not easy songs to merge, but John did an... Read More excellent job working (and reworking) the song until we had what we wanted. In addition, we had contracted for reception music, then added cocktail hour, and THEN added ceremony. John was flexible and accommodating. Alex and his assistant were wonderful the day of the wedding. We had worked up a timetable and they made sure we kept to it. It all ran smoothly and people were dancing the entire night!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Deanna T

John was absolutely the best DJ my husband and I could have asked for! He spent so much time with us leading up to our wedding to make sure everything was planned and we were comfortable with how everything was going to go for the big day. And during the wedding he was... Read More AMAZING! He was funny, he knew what to play to keep our guests out on the dance floor, and a couple of times he even joined everyone on the floor! John is definitely experienced, professional, and just a really fun person to be around. I would recommend Party Pro DJs to anyone getting married or having a big event. We are overjoyed with the service we received from John!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Melanie C

DJ Jeff did a fantastic job at our wedding -- the dance floor was full the entire night and people had a great time. With relatively little instruction Jeff was able to quickly get a feel for what the crowd was looking for, and multiple guests commented afterwards how much they... Read More enjoyed the song selection and the job he did generally. Jeff has a great personality that really added to the wedding, and he is incredibly easy to work with. Highly recommended, thanks Jeff!

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Meaghan K

JOHN!!!! My husband and I are thrilled to have picked partyprodj for our wedding on 9.3.16. I met with John a week before the wedding and immediately felt like I have known him for a lifetime. He genuinely loves being a DJ and is the best at it. He had everyone on the dance... Read More floor including aunts and uncles, parents, and our friends. We had a blast! John worked with the vendors and was flexible with the schedule on the day of the wedding. He played all of our requested songs and read the crowd to keep the party going all night. Thank you John!! We could not have asked for a better DJ. As for Beth, from the first phone call- she was very organized, took all forms of payment throughout the year prior to the wedding, and kept in touch to update my husband and I of any updates or changed with the DJ/ Company. Thank you partyprodj, for making our wedding one for the books. All the guests raved about the DJ and how fun the wedding was!!

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Ana N

John was great and super easy to work with! He played every thing we asked for and left out what we wanted. We were having so much fun and dancing so hard come time for John to end the night that we asked to stay another hour and he did! It was clutch, no one was done dancing... Read More yet! John & Annie also helped keep things running smooth and kept us on schedule! Strongly recommend!!!

Reviewed on 7/18/2016

DJ John did an absolutely exceptional job from the planning stages all the way you to the actual event. Our guests had a blast dancing all night long and John was extremely enthusiastic, fun, and easy to work with. We would hire him again in a heartbeat. Jess and Sean-... Read More Married on 7/16/16

Reviewed on 7/15/2016 Heather M

Jon was an absolutely astounding DJ! From our emails and video chats before the wedding it was clearly evident how much John was invested in making sure our wedding went exactly as we were hoping for! He was incredibly easy to work with and the tools he had available for... Read More planning our music were also really beneficial for helping us plan out the minute by minute details of our reception. At the wedding itself, John was awesome! He ran everything so smoothly, followed our music requests exactly as we had hoped, and helped to make the reception so much fun! He even came out and danced with the guests and bride! John was so amazingly spectacular and helped to make our wedding reception the best night of our lives. If you want to have a fun dance party reception you will not find a better DJ than John! We cannot say enough good things about him!

John

John defines total client dedication. After 8 years with the company, John purchased the business, kept the former owners on staff, and doubled the number of DJs, event planners, and assistants. A master planner and DJ himself, you can find him at over 40 weddings each season, spinning house music weekly at a local nightclub, and hosting a monthly comedy brunch in Hartford and New Haven. John has been hired at events all over New England and New York, and just completed weddings in Cancun, San Juan, and Washington DC. Creating a fun event and attention to every detail is what he is all about!