Pastries A La Carte

Pittsburgh, PA

stop by and have a taste!

Cake Accessories, Cakes + Desserts

81 Clairton Blvd, Pittsburgh, PA

Reviewed on 7/08/2015 Amanda L

VERY reasonable for wedding cakes. This is a higher-end bakery normally, but their wedding cakes are incredibly well priced. We did their almond with the raspberry filling. We even had a fake layered cake, with the top being real so that we could cut it. The rest of the cakes... Read More were sheet cakes that were sliced in the back. People loved it!! Such a pleasure to work with, and I can't wait to go back in a year and get our free 1-year anniversary cake!

Reviewed on 10/27/2014

Their cake tastes like giant best! Anyone who says how good it is, doesn't know good food!!!

Reviewed on 9/09/2014 Shanna B

We ordered our wedding cake from Pastries a-la-Carte recently. It was very beautiful and delicious, exactly what we wanted. They were very professional when we met with them for our tasting. This was the only bakery that gave us our own whole cake to taste and take home with us.... Read More A lot of bakeries just gave us dried, small pieces of cake for a tasting. They were comparable in overall price to the other bakeries I received quotes from. However, they were also the only bakery that was able to include all of our servings in one large three-tier cake, rather than back up sheet cakes. To purchase the same size of three-tier cake from many other bakeries in the area, we would've had to pay almost twice the price or choose a very small three-tier cake for the same price of the large, beautiful one we bought from Pastries a-la-Carte. The cake was also delicious and very well balanced. If you don't want something made from a mix or overly sweet icing, this is the bakery for you.

Above and beyond

Reviewed on 9/08/2014 Chloe P

Pastries a la Carte was the first bakery that we visited in our wedding search—it was so early at that point that I wanted to wait and shop around—but after 3 months of scattered interviewings and tastings, I had to admit that nothing, and I mean nothing, could top them. Due... Read More to the pretty hefty cake cutting fee at our venue, we decided to go with gourmet cupcakes, and Pastries a la Carte's cupcakes most definitely did not disappoint. They were enormous and incredibly delicious, and they came in flavors that suited everyone at the wedding! We went with their coconut/pineapple, optical illusion, red velvet, and s'mores flavors (and let me tell you I ate at least one of each the morning after the wedding:) ). They also baked our beautiful wedding cake, which was a 2 tiered round. We'd asked them to write one of our favorite book quotes around it--the cake looked and tasted delicious, and went perfectly with our theme! Kathy was also incredibly accommodating--even though she had limited experience baking vegan, she made 2 dozen vegan salted caramel cupcakes for our vegan guests that tasted just as good as the non-vegan cupcakes! Plus her team wrapped each individual cupcake in special book page cupcake wraps that we'd prepared--the finished product looked like a Pinterest photo!! We rented and returned their stands for the cupcakes without a problem, and the way they set everything up for the big day was flawless. Not to mention their prices are unbeatable! I 100% recommend them--definitely the tastiest part of our big day :)

Reviewed on 8/27/2014 Tina M

My initial experience was having a spy cake made from a picture I had found online for a birthday in July. They did a really nice job on it and the kids loved it-- so when I wanted a unique Star Wars groom's cake for my wedding, I went there first! Kathy and Donna were... Read More phenomenal. Not only were they extremely friendly and professional, they were able take a random picture from online and make it a reality. The cake turned out perfect and was a big hit at the wedding! In addition, I purchased a variety of specialty cookies and pastries that were absolutely delicious! Huge RAVE for Pastries A La Carte! I am extremely impressed and would recommend them to anyone. Thank you again, Kathy and Donna!

Reviewed on 11/12/2013 Michelle K

Cake was delicious and looked fantastic!!!!

Amazing cookies!

Reviewed on 8/18/2013 Megan H

We purchased trays of Pastries a la Carte's fancy wedding cookies for the late evening snack at our daughter's wedding reception last weekend. They were simply outstanding. They were beautifully and intricately decorated, used her wedding accent color beautifully, and tasted... Read More amazing. The variety within the wedding assortment included quite a few different kinds of cookies. We received many compliments from our guests and thoroughly enjoyed them ourselves.

great cake

Reviewed on 8/15/2013 Angie G

Pastries ala Carte came highly recommended, and we were very pleased with our experience. Our tasting was free and 4 of us got to sample a very nice variety of cakes. They had tons of pictures to show and came up with drawings right there, based on what we described that we... Read More wanted. Their cake tasted incredible. We got buttercream icing, the cake itself was moist and we had a layer of raspberry - to die for. On our wedding day, the cake looked exactly how I wanted it to, and it tasted amazing -- plus the price was more than reasonable. I also ordered our groom's cake, which was very good but they didn't follow my instruction entirely, so I had to unfortunately sacrifice some of the design that was initially agreed upon. It still looked nice, but wasn't what we discussed and therefore wasn't as customized as I hoped. However, despite that I would highly recommend Pastries ala Carte; their value, quality and taste was everything we were looking for - and it photographed great! Plus, the owners, The Battis', are very easy to work with!

Gorgeous cake!!

Reviewed on 7/10/2013 Justine

Perfect cake! It was so gorgeous! Guest raved about how good it was! The flowers looked beautiful on it! Everything was so perfect about our cake! Definitely would recommend to everyone!

LOVED Our Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 12/17/2012 Samantha R

Our wedding cake was beyond AMAZING!! I saw a Bling Cake on their facebook page and knew that was the one. They do outstanding work and the cake tasted great too!! I highly recommend them!

Best Wedding Cake Ever!!!!

Reviewed on 10/09/2012 Lauren M

Pastries a la Carte is by far the best place in Pittsburgh to order your wedding cake from!!! I ordered a cake from them for my Bridal Shower first which was in July and it was the most beautiful and best tasting cake I had ever had!! After that there was no question that I... Read More wanted to get the cake for our wedding there too! And believe me.. again, they did not disappoint! Our cake was not only beautiful and looked exactly like I hoped it would... it tasted amazing! We got the white almond cake with raspberry filling.. yumm!!! I can't even tell you how many people at the wedding said, "I don't even like cake, but that cake was delicious!" That certainly made me feel good! So thank you very much Pastries a la Carte!!!

Delicious! Rave Reviews!!!

Reviewed on 9/07/2012 Anna S

We actually found the flavors and design of our cake at another bakery but there service was so horrible that we didn't bother going back. Pastries a la Carte not only made us a custom wedding cake from the flavors we found at the other bakery, but they made a very similar... Read More design that we just loved! Their customer service was fantastic, even after our wedding. My husband and I spent all that time picking the perfect cake...but at our wedding the only taste we got was during the cutting of the cake. We went back to Pastries a la Carte and explained that we wanted a small cake just for us so that we could enjoy it. They made us another small cake and it was delicious!!! We loved working with Pastries a la Carte and would recommend anyone to visit their bakery. (For the price, we did have cake for 250 people)

Delicious cake

Reviewed on 8/03/2012 Lindsay S

The Georgetown Centre included my cake and pastries a la carte was one of my choices. I had planned on using them for my cake anyway because I love their cake. The cake was beautiful and just what I wanted! It tasted delicious.

Beautiul cake

Reviewed on 7/16/2012 Diane C

Exactly what we wanted...Delicious

Best cake and cupcakes!

Reviewed on 7/05/2012 Lauren M

I cannot thank Pastries A La Carte enough for the amazing job they did on our beautiful wedding cake and matching cupcakes! Our guests were floored! Delicious, beautiful, and arranged so well. Visiting the vendor was a simple process...they walked us through our options,... Read More showed us a portfolio of past designs, and let us try as much as we wanted! I would recommend them to anyone and everyone!

great cake, poor service

Reviewed on 6/13/2012 Heather J

Cake tasted GREAT! It looked how I wanted to, however I never actually got to speak to the baker like I requested. She avoided me and my phone calls

Our wedding

Reviewed on 6/10/2012 Jennifer A

The cake and cupcakes were delicious!

Delictable & Delicious

Reviewed on 12/11/2011 Desiree M

The cake was part of the Gold Package at the Youghiogheny Country Club. It was fantastic! I wish we would have ordered the Alfies Icing, tho... The presentation was great! It was more beautiful than I imagined. The staff did their absolute best to give me the highest quality... Read More without the upcharges.

Wonderful cake!

Reviewed on 11/15/2011 Jennifer S

We had a red velvet cake with cream cheese filling and butter cream frosting - our guest were RAVING about it! Most people will comments on a cake being too sweet, too dry....but we heard non-stop positive feedback on our cake. It was DELICIOUS and looked beautiful. Highly... Read More recommend Pastries A La Carte. Great service and price!

Not bad

Reviewed on 11/04/2011 kelly w

I am not a cake person but I was told the Dark Chocolate Fudge cake we had was delicious by many guests. I liked that the icing wasnt too sweet and the cake was moist. The cake was included with our recption venue so I have no complaints. It looked like the picture I had chosen... Read More from but they are willing to do details to your specifications too.

yummy cake!

Reviewed on 10/13/2011 Katie Z

I usually do not like wedding cake because it is dried out. This cake was not dry! It was so good!

Yummy, not dried out wedding cake :-)

Reviewed on 10/05/2011 Katie F

Loved my wedding cake. They created exactly what I wanted by talking to them and showing them pictures. The cake was very good and not dried out.

My wedding cake

Reviewed on 7/07/2011 Felicia J

Ordered this through my reception location and it was soooo delicious. We still have people telling us it was the best cake they had tasted at a wedding. It was beautiful and they did such a great job on it!

Delicious and Beautiful!

Reviewed on 9/21/2010 Jenna M

I was certain I was going to get my wedding cake at the neighborhood bakery I grew up with. That all changed when I went to Pastries a la Carte. Not only did their cakes taste much better (very moist and creamy icing), but their price was $300 less than my local bakery.... Read More Pastries a la Carte took the design I was going to use from the other bakery and made it even more beautiful. We loved it! All in all, we had a prettier, tastier, and less expensive cake because of Pastries a la Carte! We would absolutely recommend them to anyone!

Perfect cake

Reviewed on 9/20/2010 Tara S

The cake was beautiful. They were the only bakery out of 3 that said they could make fuschia colored icing! They did not have an upcharge for different fillings or batter flavor. Cake fed 230 ppl plus extra pieces.