Cake Accessories, Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

40001 Grand River Ave, Novi, MI (248) 473-4511

Reviewed on 1/28/2017 Aimee J

John and Lisa were so great to work with!! I am not typically a cake fan but these cakes are a game changer! It was difficult to choose a favorite! We went with black and white with bavarian cream and fresh strawberries and it was a definite crowd pleaser. We also ordered... Read More cookies from them as our favors and they were a hit. They are delicious!!

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Jennifer D

We chose not to serve cake to our wedding guests but still wanted a layer to cut and a layer to freeze. We went with a lemon raspberry to cut and the bailey's torte to freeze. The cake they made was absolutely beautiful and exactly what we had described we wanted. To top if off,... Read More the cake was absolutely delicious! I couldn't stop eating the piece we cut :) We served the cake at brunch the next day and received rave reviews from everyone!

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 Sh H

Where do I begin? We have been using John for years so it was no surprise when he gave us our dream wedding cake. John exceed our expectations X's 100! Our cake was the most beautiful cake I have ever seen, it was exactly what we asked for. The cake not only looked fabulous but... Read More it tasted amazing.He is truly amazing and so professional and accommodating. Hands down the best in town! He's truly always a blessing to work with. Always, The Hannawa's

Delicious chocolate mousse and carrot cake

Reviewed on 6/14/2015

They were very accommodating to allow my fiance and I to do a tasting, even though my fiance lives out of town. They gave us samples of our choosing to try out and we decided on the carrot cake and chocolate mousse cake. Our cake design was simple yet elegant, and on our wedding... Read More day the cake was exactly what we envisioned. Delivery time was prompt, and most importantly, both flavors were very delicious! We had many many leftovers which we enjoyed for days after, and we are looking forward to eating more of this cake on our 1 year anniversary. Would highly recommend this bakery to anyone!

Reviewed on 5/07/2015 Laura D

My fiancé and I were so excited for our cake appointment, the one appointment my fiancé was actually super excited for! We thought we would go taste a few flavors and have a great time choosing our cake for our wedding. This was not the case. The woman, who I still don't know... Read More her name (she never introduced herself) was not welcoming and came off pretty rude at times throughout our appointment. She made me feel extremely unintelligent for not knowing what size cake I wanted and told us they didn't do tastings. So we are supposed to pick a cake flavor for our wedding without tasting it first?! No thanks! She didn't have prices for us and said she would email us with prices and more details. She has still not emailed us. We have had a blast planning this wedding so far and that was a major let down.

A Dream Fall Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 11/12/2014 Amanda G

We met with John and were greeted with cake samples and gave him our ideas of our fall wedding cake. You could tell immediately John was able to visualize our cake. He gave us multiple options, and while we went in there with some ideas, in the end, John came up with his own... Read More Fall themed cake flavor and even made the whipped caramel cream dairy free for me! He was so easy to work with, the cake was delivered on time, and it came out better than we could have imagined. 3 tiers. Fed everyone with a good amount left over to enjoy. They have us specific instructions of how to save the last tier as well. We had specific Fall colors we wanted on the sprinkles and John picked them out and let us see them to ensure it was exactly what we wanted. The cascading leaves in burnt orange and burgundy were unreal, we had so many compliments. The taste was DEEELISH...moist, fresh, cinnamon apple spice cake for Fall, I would use him again in a second for any big event or even future children's birthday parties. I true pleasure to work with!

Great cake and customer service

Reviewed on 9/23/2014 Lauren M

We used this bakery for my wedding luncheon and shower for cupcakes and cake and had so many compliments. For our wedding we had ordered a 4 tiered cake. Unfortunately a bad storm came in the night before and the cake melted. Thanks to them you wouldnt have known. They... Read More hustled to make a fake cake that looked EXACTLY as I wanted with real fondant and decor as we planned. They made up sheets cakes of the flavor we chose for the number of guests we had and everyone loved it. When things happen that arent in your control it is really great to have a vendor that will make things happen for you. I will definitely use them for any event in the future. Their quality is exceptional.

Patisserie Parmentier-Bavarian Cream 8/16/14

Reviewed on 8/23/2014 Ashley C

The cake was amazing!!! We had so many compliments of how delicious it was. The cake also looked amazing and was exactly what we wanted!! We couldn't be happier!! Thanks Patisserie Parmentier it was wonderful!!!

Delish!!!

Reviewed on 6/08/2014 Katie P

Patisserie Parmentier provided the most gorgeous wedding cake that we could have imagined! It was stunning and exactly what we wanted! The detail was amazing, especially the intricate lace design from my dress that was replicated on the cake. It was a shame that it had to be... Read More cut but we were happy that it was because it was such a treat to eat. Everyone raved about how awesome the cake was. Both the Bavarian cream and the Red Velvet were big hits. A year from now, when my husband and I celebrate our 1st year anniversary, we will cut into the cake topper and we will reflect back on that special night and be thankful that your cake was part of our celebration!

Bridal Shower Cupcake Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 3/11/2014 Susan H

Thank you to John & Lisa of Patisserie Parmentier who did an excellent job making my future daughter-laws bridal shower a very unique special event. I had a special request for a custom cupcake wedding cake to be a focal point at the bridal shower. They were able to match my... Read More color pallette and flowers used in my table arrangements. The custom sugar flower cake topper with special cake batters and mousse fillings in the cupcakes were a special treat for my guests. The custom cake topper displayed on the illuminated glass shelves with the beautifully decorated cupcakes was a focal point at the bridal shower. My guests raved about the delicious cupcakes. I would highly recommend Patisserie Parmentier for any special event.

Beautiful and Tasty

Reviewed on 2/05/2014 Kate F

John and Lisa at Patisserie Parmentier were absolutely wonderful. John met with us to discuss cake style and flavors. Honestly the best tasting cakes we tried while looking for a wedding cake. The cake is light and moist, everything wonderfully fresh with excellent flavor. John... Read More made some excellent recommendations. They even glued the grooms head back on the cake topper for us after it had fallen off. When I saw the cake at the reception I was so thrilled. It looked amazing and just as I had imagined. And it tasted even better than it looked. We couldn't be happier, thoroughly recommend Patisserie Parmentier.

Best Cake Ever!!

Reviewed on 10/07/2013 Lauren B

After taste testing at a couple of bakeries I will still unimpressed.A friend of ours recommended trying Patisserie Parmentier for our wedding cake.I tasted the cake and knew this was the place for us. I chose the White Chiffon cake with Bavarian cream and fresh strawberries. I... Read More had a picture of what I wanted my cake to look like, and after I showed John the picture, he provided me with a price quote which fit into our budget. They did an amazing job and the cake was both beautiful and delicious! I would recommend them for any wedding or special occasion. -The Lakins

LOVED our cake!

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Farrah A

John and Lisa were amazing! We absolutely loved our cake and so did everyone else! They were very flexible which was amazing, as we decided to change the design of our cake just a few days before the wedding. Aside from the beauty that the cake was, the taste was INCREDIBLE!!! I... Read More wish I lived in Michigan so I can keep eating it! I would def use them for any special occasion in Michigan!

Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 9/29/2013

John and Lisa Parmentier were wonderful to work with from the very beginning to the final product. The very first visit, we tasted cakes and they were delicious. My daughter had a vision of exactly what she wanted her cake to look like and on her wedding day, they delivered... Read More exactly what she wanted---a stunning wedding cake!! Not only was it gorgeous, but all of the guests could not stop talking about how good it tasted. I have 2 more weddings in the future and would use them not only for those, but look forward to treating myself to a cake for no reason at all.

True pieces of art

Reviewed on 9/15/2013

Not only can Patisserie Parmentier create a delicious one-of-a-kind cake, they craft true pieces of art. They will accommodate your special requests and go above and beyond your expectations by creating cakes and desserts that guests will find unforgettable. We are repeat... Read More customers and will continue to turn to Patisserie Parmentier for our special occasion needs.

Beautiful and Delicious

Reviewed on 9/11/2013 Gail W

John and Lisa Parmentier are a specialty bakery and they are the BEST! I discovered them through one of our gourmet markets (Plum Market) -- and they were so easy to work with. We ordered a wedding cake -- that was filled with fresh berries and looked beautiful including fresh... Read More flowers between the layers. And a grooms cake (Bubble cake) -- that was delicious and festive. They delivered the cake to our home (it was a garden wedding) -- on time -- and our family and friends were delighted. Finally, their website inspired us on the look and feel of the sweet table....all in all a wondrous experience. Thank you John and Lisa!

Cake Hater Turned Lover!

Reviewed on 9/07/2013 Chelsea H

My husband and I both have hated cake our entire lives. So let's just say we weren't all that excited to go cake tasting. After going to Patisserie Parmentier I can honestly say I loved their cakes! The cake is moist and frosting light. We booked Patisserie Parmentier and I was... Read More totally surprised at how gorgeous our cake looked for how little we paid. It was truly gorgeous. I would recommend using them if you are looking for a tasty, inexpensive, beautiful cake!!!!

My Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 8/30/2013 Jena N

Patisserie Parmentier exceeded my expectations with my wedding cake. The cake tasted great and looked phenomenal. I will definitely refer all of my friends and family to their bakery as well as use them in the future for other events. Thanks for a great wedding cake!

Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 8/23/2013 Jamie D

My daughter recently got married and had her wedding cake made by Patisserie Parmentier. We decided on a 6" cake on top of an 8" cake, surrounded by 4 different flavors of cupcakes on different levels of tiers. The cake and cupcake design was so beautiful and everything my... Read More daughter had envisioned. The cake and cupcakes were so delicious that our guests couldn't stop raving about them. Working with them was so pleasurable and comforting, especially during a very stressful time. If I had to do another wedding or needed a cake for another event, I would definitely use Patisserie Parmentier again.

Captivating Creations - Patisserie Parmentier

Reviewed on 8/09/2013 Katie K

Our guests are still raving about the delicious cupcakes John created for our special day! John and Lisa at Patisserie Parmentier relieved my anxiety and worked with me to transform my ideas into a reality - a beautiful (and more importantly, a decadent) cupcake display as well... Read More as a bride and groom's cake that was perfect for our wedding. From the initial phone conversation to the taste testing to the day of delivery, Lisa and John eliminated our anxiety and produced a visual display that was perfect. The cupcakes were displayed on multi-tiered display stands complete with crystal hanging accents. Very elegant! The cake flavors were amazing and the cupcake fillings were equally impressive. Since our wedding, we have attended other events at which Patisserie Parmentier cakes were served. The creativity and care put in to each cake was evident the moment we saw the cakes. The taste of each cake was always amazing. Patisserie Parmentier is, in a word, perfect!

My special day

Reviewed on 8/08/2013 Brenda B

It was not my first wedding but the cake was by far the best. I chose a simple carrot cake, which was outstanding. All the guest commented on how wonderful the cake looked and of course tasted. The top of the cake which we froze for our 1st anniversary was as delicious as the... Read More original cake was on our wedding day. They also made our second anniversary cake. I have never been disappointed on the taste of the cake or the service we received. Now that my daughter is getting married I'm encouraging her to get her cake through Parmentier Patisserie. It's an outstanding choice for all your cake needs. Love you guys.

Back for more!!

Reviewed on 8/08/2013

A second marriage for the both of us 4 years ago... Bride says " I want a cake....." well.... They were receptive to short notice, lower cost and nothing fancy. You would think i was buying a $700.00 cake with the way we were treated. This buyer got 2 of 3 requests. the... Read More low cost and short notice! The cake was BEYOND my expectations. My new Step-daughter will be getting the full treatment on her wedding this November, Patisserie Parmentier will be getting my cake order! Thank you!

Winter wedding Cake

Reviewed on 8/07/2013 Mary B

We had a specific design in mind, wanted to duplicate parts of our families cakes. Showed John the photos and he designed a beautiful cake incorporating all the elements we wanted. Look incredible and tasted just as good. We get an anniversary cake every year and it is as... Read More beautiful and tasty as our wedding day!

Best of the best

Reviewed on 8/07/2013 Kathlyn P

I had the pleasure of having them to my son's wedding cake him and his wife are architects they had a square cake with architectural features it was perfect just what they wanted looked beautiful! They also did a black tie event for me a retirement event for a audio visual owner... Read More each cake was on a table it looked like a TV with the retirees picture on it awesome job everyone was pleased!

Amazing, delicious, beautiful, delicious, extraordinary...did I mention delicious???

Reviewed on 7/29/2013 Bridget D

We were lucky enough to have the The Patisserie Parmentier create our wedding cake and after being married for 2 years, whenever our wedding comes up in conversation to this day by a guest, the cake is always, always mentioned for being unique, beautiful, delicious and the... Read More "best" cake they have ever had!!! In planning my wedding as many brides do, I collected many, many pictures of cakes that I thought looked beautiful and in theme with my wedding. I gave the picture to the Parmentier's and left the rest to them with every confidence our cake would be amazing, as I had enjoyed wonderful desserts created by them previously, that in itself was truly a gift! The final choice was a tiered cake with shaved white chocoate filled with the most heavenly bavarian creme filling and accented with red roses, simple and elegant. The cake arrived on time at the venue and with the most beautiful cake stand to display it upon. Of course I had to "see" it and when the box opened....it took my breath away!!!! They had brought the picture to life and our cake was exactly the vision I had imagined!!!! Since then, whenever there is an event we need desserts for we only use the Patisserie Parmentier, their talents for creating the most beuatiful and delicious desserts coupled with their service is unmatched. Trust me and the 250 guests from our wedding who after 2 years ago still raving about the cake!!! Thank you to the entire Patisserie Parmentier team for your role in making the memory last!!!