Patty McGuire Hair and Makeup Artists

Chicago | Surrounding Suburbs | Worldwide

classic BEAUTY & timeless GRACE

Our on site award winning team of master level professional hair and makeup artists provide on-location special event hair and makeup services in the comfort and privacy of your home, office, hotel room or bridal suite. We commit to fewer weddings in order to provide the level of excellence that every bride deserves. We know that you have many choices when selecting your artist or team. We appreciate your business and consider it a tremendous honor to be a part of your special day. Our team can accommodate large parties. Why choose us? The difference is in every detail.

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Makeup, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Beauty

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100

475 River Bend Road Suite 600, Naperville, IL Chicago | Surrounding Suburbs | Worldwide (630) 272-8162
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 7/27/2016

From the day I first contacted her for my wedding, Patty has been personable, quick to respond, and so sweet. She has been flexible in working with me, where many people many not have been. For example, I was one of those crazy brides who went through my trial with no issues,... Read More but then changed my mind afterwards. When I expressed to Patty that I didn't feel like myself in the hairstyle I chose for the trial, she was totally understanding and worked with me the week before my wedding, so that I felt confident and comfortable. On the day-of, my bridesmaids loved working with Patty. One of my bridesmaids originally chose not to get any professional services, since her African American hair and makeup are treated differently. She immediately changed her mind once she saw the magic that Patty could do, and decided to have her makeup done. Patty was a joy to work with and a true professional!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

I honestly do not even know where to begin with my praise for Patty! She is honestly one in a million. I spent months looking for a hair and make up artist for my big day... I'm not a girl who wears a lot of make up and I was worried about picking a stylist who would make me... Read More look not like myself. However, after I quick call with Patty (although, full disclosure, she spent over 30 minutes on the phone with me the first time I called her!), I knew she was "the one"! She is the most cheery and understanding person I've ever met and her calming disposition was a godsend on my big day. With crazy happening all around me, having her by my side, telling me everything was going to be great, and how beautiful I was, honestly put me at such ease. Apart from her incredible personality, her work is even more phenomenal. Like I said, I really did not want to look "too made up" and she listened to all my concerns and worries. She told me to send her pictures of what I liked hair and make up wise (and what I didn't) and morning, noon and night, she was available to discuss. And even though I thought I knew what I wanted for my wedding, during my hair and make up trial run with her, she ended up spending over 3 hours with me, until I found a style that I felt comfortable with (basically everything I thought I wanted, I realized I didn't, lol!). Patty not only made me look and feel like a blushing bride on my wedding day - but she made my bridesmaids and even Mom look gorgeous! Everyone was raving about how much they loved their looks - and their confidence definitely showed through on all the pictures. And because we were getting married in October (and the weather is always iffy), Patty met us at the Church prior to the ceremony, for touch ups (even though, honestly, even after 4+ hours, the hair and makeup was still perfect!). I swear, by the end of the entire day, Patty felt like my 6th Bridesmaid! I highly recommend Patty to any bride, whether you want to have a more natural look or look like a fashion model, she can do it all! xoxo

Reviewed on 1/08/2018 Katie T

I had an incredible experience with Patty McGuire Hair and Makeup Artists for my wedding on 10/7/17. Patty and her assistant were so responsive and made me feel totally calm throughout the whole process. The business side of things from scheduling to payment was easy and... Read More stress free. Even though they are based in the suburbs, they came into the city for the wedding and it was no problem at all! We had Janet, Deanna, Maria and Dawn for our hair and makeup team on the wedding day and everyone looked stunning. They were also so friendly and fun - they really helped make the getting ready part of my day so enjoyable. I would recommend Patty and her team to anyone who is looking for a reliable, professional, fun, and stress-free wedding day experience!

Reviewed on 12/11/2017 Nicole M

I recently got married on October 07, 2017 and last year when I was looking for a hair and makeup artist to do myself and bridal party for my wedding, I came across Patty McGuire website and instantly fell in love with all of the pictures I saw. I knew I had wanted myself and my... Read More bridal party to look natural but enhanced in each individual way. I had instantly contacted Patty to reserve my date and contacted my bridal party to book for the day. Everyone were instantly on board. Patty offers services that a lot of other places don't like traveling to your hotel to do your hair and makeup. As well as the best one that no one really has the touch up service where they will come and touch you and entire bridal party up before ceremony or reception. ( I highly recommend this service.. it was very windy on our wedding and everyone hair and makeup had withstood it ) Patty had designated Becky to me and 2 more associates to accommodate getting my bridal party ready for scenic pictures in the early am. Becky then came before our ceremony to touch us up. Becky is an amazing hair and makeup artist who when I went to my hair and makeup trial instantly enhanced me to where I still looked like myself but glowing.(it was 98 degrees that day and it lasted through the humidity)And perfectly recreated on the day of my wedding. My bridal party and myself received a lot of comments from family and friends on how gorgeous we all looked. One comment was: Wow they do better than a regular beauty shop. I highly recommend Patty McGuire Hair and Makeup artist as they are a small business who take there time with each client, to get to know them and make you feel special inside and out.

Reviewed on 12/05/2017 Sarah P

Patty was an asset to me on my wedding day! She made the entire bridal party look absolutely stunning, she improvised a last minute up-do (which was stunning!) for my mother-in-law, and she was such a positive and encouraging presence! She made herself available for touch-ups... Read More when we inevitably started crying, she provided hugs when necessary and kind words always and even stepped in as an impromptu bouncer to stear away wayward wedding guests. I cannot recommend Patty and her team enough!

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Emily D

Patty McGuire and her team are absolutely amazing. I'm so happy my Aunt recommended her to me for my wedding. The entire bridal party (including moms) got their hair and makeup done and everyone looked beautiful. Our makeup stayed flawless and our hair stayed in tack all night... Read More long. You can't go wrong with Patty and her team!

Reviewed on 11/18/2017 Sharyl I

Patty made me look great and feel confidant on my wedding day. She is very kind, talented, and patient, and worked so well with my daughter too... I would highly recommend her services, it was worth every penny.

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Jennifer B

I am so pleased with the services provided by Patty McGuire! Briana did my makeup for my wedding as well as my bridesmaids’ makeup. She did a fantastic job, exactly what I wanted! She is so sweet and extremely talented. Patty was also very organized and easy to work with. She... Read More responded to my questions very quickly! I hope to have my make done through Patty McGuire again!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Meghan S

I can’t say enough good things about Patty McGuire hair and makeup. I had Becky for my wedding hair/makeup and she did an amazing job making me feel so beautiful. My hair and makeup stayed in place all night and I got so many compliments. JoJo and Jenny took care of my bridal... Read More parties and also did such an excellent job! They were all so accommodating with my large party and even got everyone done ahead of schedule! I would definitely recommend them all for your special day.

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Peter S

Patty provided hair and makeup services for my wedding day - and I couldn't be happier! She was so nice, organized, and professional. She made everyone look so beautiful, and put up with our chaotic and last minute scrambling. I felt so comfortable throughout the entire process... Read More (trial to day-of). Would recommend over and over again! Thank you Patty! - Andrea

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Alyssa F

What's not to love about Patty?! I waited until the last minute - literally 10 days out - to set up my bridal makeup, and I got lucky in that Patty had a class cancelled on the Sunday of my wedding day. Despite the small time window, Patty was so accommodating and provided a... Read More trial a couple days after I contacted her. I was nervous - as the one time I had professional makeup, I looked TERRIBLE - but I left the trial on Cloud 9. My "bride brain" was in full force, but Patty somehow knew how to read me and was able to perfectly embody my style on the first try. This was a HUGE weight off my shoulders. She also has a way of making you feel like you're good friends when you've only just met. On the day of my wedding, as I was freaking out about every little thing, Patty gave me a sense of calm, relief, and reassurance. Patty is business at its finest and I highly recommend her!!!

Reviewed on 9/15/2017 Erica B

Patty and her team were absolutely amazing! From my first trial to our wedding day, Patty did everything she could to make each of my girls feel beautiful. Patty and her team were super friendly, completely professional and fun to work with. I cannot recommend Patty enough. You... Read More will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Dawn G

Everything went great from the trial to the day of hair and make up for my wedding day! A big thank you to Becky, the stylist, for providing the look and style I requested for my weeding day!!

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Alexis W

I worked with Patty and her team for my 8/12/17 wedding and they were fantastic to work with!! I read a lot of reviews and went through a lot of pictures before making my selection, the one thing that stuck out to me was how everyone said she was so easy and great to work with... Read More along your journey! I am so happy I went with her- from the start she worked with me and really put a lot of attention on you making you feel so special . The trial she was super helpful and always wanted your feedback which I loved because she wanted to make you feel beautiful and comfortable in all the choices! She really put a lot of attention in the trial and we worked with a lot of options before deciding on what we wanted to do. She and her team were so fun the day of the wedding! She had 3 other members come out to complete the moms and bridesmaids which they all loved how they turned out! I received so many compliments about my bridesmaids hair and makeup as well as mine! We were all so so so happy with her and her team! I would def recommend her she is absolutely great at what she does and so nice and helpful with helping you every step of the way!!

Reviewed on 9/03/2017 Laura M

I can't recommend Patty and her team highly enough! She was responsive and flexible throughout the entire process. We even switched up my hair a bit the day of so that I would be more comfortable. I had a morning ceremony which required a very early start time. She and her... Read More team arrived right on time and ready to go. They were all friendly and professional. As a side note, I did not have a bridal party. Instead, we did hair and makeup for my mother, grandmother, aunt, and 2 nieces. I was so impressed with the hair and makeup of my grandmother and mother, especially. My grandmother can be a bit of a handful and Patty's team were so very patient. Grams even agreed to lashes after opposing them at first once she saw how beautiful they looked on my mom. Grams and mom looked gorgeous and the makeup was stunning! My nieces had photos of braids that they wanted and Patty's team made it happen. Everyone left for the ceremony feeling beautiful- which is exactly what I wanted for the day. I also have to mention that Patty was a real calming presence that morning. We were running a bit behind (my hair is long and very thick and always takes longer than anticipated!) Even so, Patty was calm and never once made me feel rushed or stressed about anything. She worked swiftly but ensured that everything was PERFECT. Now let's talk about my makeup. I am so picky when it comes to posting photos- I almost always do a little photoshop to even out my skin tone or hide a dark circle or fine line. Not that day! My makeup was so perfect there was no need to do any touching up before posting photos and every single picture I saw on social media I was so happy with. Even better, I didn't FEEL like I had on a lot of makeup! And really, I didn't. The airbrushing foundation technique is a must. Both my hair and makeup held up well through the ceremony, pictures, and reception and I didn't have to worry about it at all- just accept all the compliments! :) Bottom line, Patty and her team are experts at creating looks for ALL ages and are kind and the utmost professionals in the process. Patty was great to work with and I hope to work with her for another special event in the future!

Reviewed on 9/03/2017 Claire G

I normally do not wear a lot of make up or style my hair in my day to day living. Therefore, for my wedding day, I did not really want too dramatic of a look for my hair and makeup, and Patty was able to ensure that my hair and makeup was natural and stunning. We did a trial... Read More before the wedding, and she really took the time to perfect the look I was going for. During the trial, she was very approachable and made me feel comfortable to discuss with her what I did and did not like. Throughout the process, not only did Patty care about perfecting the look, but she really cared about me and how I was feeling. She is very thoughtful, kind, and sweet. Additionally, she was very organized with her communications, contracts, and payment methods. On the wedding day, Patty created the hair/makeup schedule for all the bridesmaids and mothers to make the morning run smoothly and take some stress off of me. Patty and the rest of her team were very professional, talented, and fun. All the bridesmaids’ and mothers’ hair and makeup looked incredible and perfect. Patty had taken notes from our trial day, and my hair and makeup turned out exactly how we had practiced during the trial, which made me very relaxed and stress free. I truly felt beautiful on my wedding day and I have to give all my credit to Patty.

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Liz M

Patty and her team are truly incredible! They were so much fun to work with and made my bridesmaids and me feel so beautiful. Each of us had a unique hairstyle that stayed in through endless hours of dancing. Patty was able to create exactly the look that I wanted for my wedding... Read More day and was a huge reason that everyone kept telling me I was a gorgeous bride. Outside of being so talented, Patty is extremely sweet, professional, reasonable and accommodating! I highly, highly recommend Patty and would love to use her again in the future. I guarantee you will NOT be disappointed if you choose Patty McGuire!

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Jenna M

Patty is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Patty and her team did hair and makeup for all 9 bridesmaids and everyone looked perfect. They were great to work with prior to the wedding, for the hair/makeup trial and for the day of. There was a lot going on at my venue that weekend, but... Read More Patty and her team did not let that bother them, and kept me calm!! The makeup she does I think looks so natural and elegant. She was a referral from another wedding that my friend was in and I am so glad we ended up choosing her services. She is so passionate about what she does and you could tell by the way she made each person look and feel beautiful! I would highly recommend Patty to any bride :)!

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Allison J

I chose to work with Patty after seeing that her Instagram page is better than my wedding hair Pinterest board! What an amazing vendor! Not only is Patty super sweet and talented, but she also puts a lot of thought into her designs even before the trial and wedding. The entire... Read More team that Patty brought with her for my wedding were all fantastic. I have never seen an entire bridal party look so stunning and all be so happy with their hair and make up. Her touch up service is also amazing and I would recommend it to anyone. I have never in my life felt as beautiful as I did on my wedding day and I completely have Patty to thank for that!

Reviewed on 7/29/2017 Vicki H

I got married a week ago. Patty did my hair and it was ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE! Let me just say that I am pretty easy going about most things, but I had a certain vision for my hair on my wedding day. Right from my first contact with Patty, she took the time to answer all of my... Read More questions and put me at ease that she could give me the look I was going for as a bride. It took me a week or so to call other hair vendors and figure out which one I would want to go with, but what left an impression on me was that before we hung up on our first conversation, she understood that I needed time to make the right decision and she said even if it wasn't her that I picked, she wanted my wedding day to be great and she wanted me to have the hair I wanted. Most vendors can be pushy or make you feel like they just want your business, but Patty truly cared about me and my wedding. It didn't stop there either. Up until my trial I had emailed her pictures of the hairstyle I had wanted and asked more questions. She never acted like she was put out by any of it. At my first trial, I liked the hair style, but it was a little different from the picture I showed her. I texted her afterwards, told her what I liked and didn't like, and she had me come back in for a second trial, which she didn't charge me for, just so I would feel comfortable with the look. WOW!!! At the second trial she said she had been practicing on a mannequin to help her figure out how to get the look I wanted. When I left, I felt so good about the look and I knew we were super close to the look I wanted. I trusted her all the way, and on my wedding day, she absolutely blew me away!!! My hair was perfect and just how the picture looked. In addition, my Bridal party, who are all super picky, all LOVED their hair. Even my mom liked her hair and she hasn't liked it for any of my siblings' weddings!! Patty is super talented and my favorite thing about her is that she is constantly learning. She doesn't say she can do something and then doesn't deliver on the promise. She says, I can try, and she does whatever she needs to in order to learn! Most hair stylists have the attitude that they know best and you end up with hair that isn't your style or they get offended when you say you don't like something. Patty is the opposite of that and she was so great to work with!! She also does makeup, but I had already booked someone before I called her about the hair! Her assistant, Kaitlyn, was there on my wedding day helping with hair. My sister didn't know how to put on her fake eyelashes and had chosen to do her own makeup on that day. Kaitlyn helped her put them on even though she wasn't the makeup artist I had hired for the day! This team was FANTASTIC and they made me feel so special and cared about! I HIGHLY recommend using Patty for your Bridal hair. She won't disappoint!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Elizabeth T

I had a first hair and makeup trial which did not go well (the makeup was beautiful, but much more than what I had said I wanted and much more than was in the picture I showed the makeup artist), and I was unsure how to choose a really great hair and makeup vendor (and with all... Read More of the pictures taken on this one day, I wanted to be sure that I looked my best). I found Patty McGuire on The Knot, and she did a wonderful job of communicating with me, both by email and by phone, to set up a hair and makeup trial with one of her artists, Becky. This trial went absolutely perfectly. My makeup was beautiful and natural, and she did an absolutely wonderful job of understanding my vision for my hair and executing it. The day of, she got there promptly and did all of my bridesmaids' (and the flower girl's) hair exactly how they wanted it, and even ran ahead of schedule so had time to do my cousin's hair, since she was hanging out with us. She also did my mom's hair and makeup, and then did mine. My mom felt beautiful and her makeup looked great, but still natural. I felt absolutely gorgeous, and my hair and makeup were exactly what I wanted. My makeup stayed on all day, and my hair (a french twist) stayed up with just a couple of bobby pin adjustments needed once we got to the reception. The level of service and care offered with Patty McGuire is unrivaled, and I am so happy that I used her services for my wedding.

Reviewed on 2/21/2017 Allison S

Before my wedding I had only had my makeup done professionally once, and I hated it. I was most nervous about my makeup for the wedding, I just wanted to look like me but better. From the start Patty made me feel comfortable and confident. Patty listened to my fears, dislikes... Read More and likes, then she guided me to what was the best I've ever looked and felt. She did an amazing job on both my hair and makeup. She truly has talent. She provides a fresh, brighter-you look, avoiding any drastic 'trends', so you look and feel timeless. She was very professional. I'm so glad I found Patty and would recommend her to anyone!

Reviewed on 2/09/2017 aimee b

I'm a self-proclaimed introvert and in the months leading up to our wedding--as certain as I was in the man I was marrying--I was nervous about being the center of attention. I felt like Patty picked up on this from day 1 and adjusted so that I felt comfortable. She was... Read More approachable, kind, and responsive when I reached out to discuss the tape-in extensions that I was thinking about getting installed for my wedding. We came up with a plan to "test" that they would work during my trial, which put me at ease. I had them installed at a local salon before my trial so that when we were together, I was able to see if the placement of the extension panels would need to be adjusted for the type of updo I wanted. In response to my normal makeup routine (read: what makeup?), she made sure that my wedding day look was polished, yet very natural, and light. It put me at ease to know that I would look like myself when I walked down the aisle! She took detailed notes on what I liked/didn't during my trial and also took a photo at various angles so we could have a record of what was done during the trial. She is observant, steady, and adapts to whoever is in her chair...I had 8 bridesmaids, all with different personalities and styles, and EACH ONE was so pleased with how they looked! At my mom's request for a more subtle hair style, Patty offered a simple blow out. She also adjusted the make up approach for my mom, who has a dry eye issue and is normally sensitive to eye makeup. There's also the small things that make all the difference--emailing a line up of when she plans to do each girl's hair/makeup ahead of time, etc., the soft little side conversations while you're in her chair, the "Touch Up" service between the ceremony and the reception (if you're on the fence, you won't regret purchasing this nice add-on). Hiring Patty gave me a certain level of comfort and confidence--I've never felt more beautiful in my life. When my husband saw me walking down the aisle, his eyes brimmed with tears. I would heartily recommend her to anyone wanting (a) a more relaxed get-ready process on the morning of their wedding (b) someone who listens and tunes in to your personal style and (c) someone reliable, flexible, and professional. Thank you so much, Patty!!!!

Reviewed on 1/19/2017 Allison C

Patty is fantastic! She and her team did hair and makeup for me and all of my 7 bridesmaids for my wedding . Patty was a pleasure to work with. She worked with my schedule and had everyone done on time. She also understood my vision for how I wanted to look and really came... Read More through. I have never felt as pretty as I did on my wedding day thanks to Patty! All of my bridesmaids loved their hair and makeup and are still talking about it!. In addition, it was so nice to have the on-site hair/makeup instead of going to a salon. Everyone was able to relax and have fun the morning of instead of running around. I highly recommend Patty to anyone! She is the best.

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Kristina M

Patty did my hair and make-up for my wedding in October 2016. I had never gotten my makeup done professionally before, so I was nervous that I would not look like myself/ have too much makeup. She exceeded my expectations. I LOVED my hair and make-up. It was exactly what I was... Read More imagining. From our first meeting, I felt so comfortable with her. She is super sweet and makes you feel and look beautiful. It was very easy booking with her and finding time to do the trial. On the day of my wedding she showed up exactly when she said she would, finished the hair and makeup on my 5 bridesmaids and myself. She was kind, so easy to get along with, and calm. Her caring nature instantly eased any nerves. She gracefully accommodated a last minute addition to do the updo for another bridesmaid. My hair stayed up all night, and my make-up: amazing. It lasted all night long without reapplying. My bridesmaids were complimented all night long. I know hair and make-up is expensive – but it is SO worth it and I would definitely trust Patty to do my hair and make-up for any future events...she is fabulous.

Patty McGuire

With over 18 years of experience as a top producing hair & makeup artist, former salon owner and educator, Patty McGuire's passion for her craft is only surpassed by her love of people. Patty feels incredibly honored to be able to provide a team of exceptional artists that will guarantee your special event is everything you ever hoped it would be! Our award winning team is Chicagoland's Premier On Site Bridal Team because of their unparalleled dedication to their brides and their commitment to their education.