Paul Francis Photography

Serving the east coast NY, NJ, tri-state area

Engagement

Wedding

Photo

43 Academy Avenue, Plainfield, NJ Serving the east coast NY, NJ, tri-state area (908) 514-8724

Reviewed on 12/12/2017 Jennifer L

Paul and his team are incredible. They worked a 12 hour day - with an unexpected snow storm - and were professional, polite, and in good spirits all day. We trusted Paul from our first phone call -- he looked up the time the sun would set on our wedding day, over a year in... Read More advance, and we knew we were in good hands. He is meticulous in his prep, which is so important in making sure the day goes as planned. His team handled a large bridal party and family, and were able to capture both posed photos and candid moments with ease. He is clearly respected by both his team and other vendors, making everyone feel comfortable all day, enabling the best photos. He's never in the way, though his photos reflect being right in the middle of the action. Most importantly, he communicates well and was responsive both before and after the wedding. He runs a small business as effectively as a large studio, making it ideal for clients - top notch service with high quality results. Our finished photos were ready in record time and he assisted in putting our beautiful album together. There are so many other reasons we loved working with Paul, but the bottom line is we are forever grateful for his work!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Pamela L

There are not enough good things that I can say about Paul and his fabulous team! I was so impressed with Paul's professional and caring approach from the moment I contacted him to putting together our wedding album. When I was looking for a photographer for my wedding, I knew I... Read More wanted someone who could capture genuine, candid photos. During the day of our wedding, Paul and his team were so organized and so great at making sure to capture beautiful moments throughout the day without being intrusive. I frequently look at my wedding photos and it truly feels like we are reliving the day! Paul made it his business to make the day special for us and to take pictures that will last us a lifetime. Another huge plus was that Paul and his team worked so well with our wedding planner, our videographers, and the other vendors. To sum it up, whenever I look at our wedding photos, I can feel the emotions and it brings back the best memories and feelings from the best day of my life. Paul and his team are the absolute best and anyone would be lucky to have him capture their wedding day.

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Joe D

Paul and his team were amazing to work with. Being in the industry myself I wanted to make sure everyone involved in our special day would be the right people to hire. Paul and his team checked these important boxes for us. He is meticulous with his timing and details and a... Read More true artist. He always made sure communication was maintained and input was well received. Just when we thought everything was perfect the way it was Paul delivered a few more surprises which put him over the top. Thank you again Paul. Joe & Nikki

Reviewed on 8/04/2017

I cannot even begin to express how happy I was to work with Paul for my wedding. He is extremely responsive to email and is available via phone as well. We would set a day and time to speak on the phone and he was always timely and prepared. Most importantly Paul is a genuine... Read More salt of the earth kind of guy. He is very calm which I appreciated. He spoke to me in a respectful manner and has worked with my extreme indecisiveness. He truly understands that a wedding is extremely important for everyone including family and friends and wants to make sure he can facilitate the story of the entire day. He was flexible - we have a disabled family member that required time sensitive pictures and did not fit the typical framework. He did not bat an eyelash at our special requests and understood just how important these pictures were. These are real pictures. There may be a shadow, not a distracting shadow, but that is real. They are high quality pieces of art. He is reliable and trustworthy. I have no doubt that I selected the most amazing photographer. He also did our engagement photographs. I wanted really gritty NYC pictures which we did get, but he also convinced us to do some central park pictures and they are AMAZING! He really worked hard to make us comfortable and to get to know us to tell our story and not make us fit into a typical cookie cutter pattern of pictures. Overall Paul is a genuine nice guy with an eye for pictures and a heart of gold that he uses to understand the couple's story and weave the wedding photos into. You will not regret picking Paul Francis Photography!

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Daina C

Paul was absolutely wonderful and did an amazing job capturing our day. He was a pleasure to work with, and very professional and organized. As I had many things going on that day, I had nothing to worry about in means of photography. He created a schedule with me and ensured... Read More that we were able to capture everything I wanted while having the day go by smoothly and efficiently. We opted for the option of the second photographer and Anne was a pleasure as well. They surprised us with displaying a quick digital photo gallery at the reception and the pictures were gorgeous! The guests loved being able to see some shots of us getting ready and such immediately. I can't tell you how many people asked me for his information, as his pictures are breath taking. The hotel who hosted our wedding even asked for his information, as he captured the beauty of the site so well. Paul and his team put together a beautiful wedding album that we were able to enjoy the day of. Thank you again to Paul Francis photography for capturing our day so beautifully and all of the thoughtful extra touches!!

Reviewed on 4/26/2017 Zoe H

Choosing Paul to photograph our wedding was the best decision we made. Leading up to our big day, he was extremely organized and basically served two roles as photographer & wedding planner. He would frequently check in with me and help me think about the logistics of the day.... Read More He created lists that were helpful for organizing, offered suggestions of what is "typically done" but was always willing to adjust based on our needs. On the day of the wedding I was super nervous and his professionalism and warmth helped me to keep calm. He knew when to be there taking pictures and when to give me space to be with my bridesmaids. He had great suggestions for the couples portraits and helped us feel natural/happy. He is a true artist who can capture the beauty of his surroundings and make his subjects feel magical! He goes above and beyond the typical wedding photographer and surprised us on numerous occasions with his thoughtfulness. We will cherish our gorgeous wedding photographs forever!

Reviewed on 4/22/2017 Lisa V

I knew that I wanted to work with Paul from the moment I found his photos online of the very same venue where we were planning to get married. He had captured the location and the happy couple so beautifully that I knew he would do an amazing job for us. When we had the... Read More opportunity to meet him via Skype, we felt immediately comfortable with him, and I knew that if I had to have someone following me around for an entire day, I'd be pretty happy if that person was Paul! We had an engagement shoot with him and had a great time and the pictures were beautiful! On the day of the wedding, he was, as expected, very easy to work with - as was his entire team. In addition to the beautiful photos he provided us after the event, the most touching moment was right before he left the reception, when he presented us with bound book of pictures from the day! I'll never know how he worked his magic to accomplish this so quickly, but it brought tears to our eyes to be able to see the special memories that we created that day within hours. Thank you, Paul, for everything you did for us before, during, and after our special day!

Reviewed on 3/17/2017 Megan C

We knew we wanted Paul to photograph our wedding from the very beginning and we were so happy that he was available! He made the whole process easy and the timeline he created for us was a lifesaver! The priest even commented how we were actually starting on time! And it was all... Read More because of Paul. The photos he took are breathtaking and we couldn't have asked for anything more! He is truly talented. The setup at the wedding to show the guests some photos he had taken and the photo book gift at the end were just the icing on the cake! We highly recommend Paul to all couples, you can't go wrong and you'll have amazing pictures to last a lifetime!

Reviewed on 3/07/2017 Meaghan C

After seeing a few friends from college use Paul for their wedding, I knew that I wanted to use him and I am so happy we did. From the initial planning to the big day, Paul is incredible. He will help you plan out your day and his team is so much more than a photographer on the... Read More day of. He takes the most incredible shots and everything he shoots is romantic and perfect. I had a few particular shots that I really wanted for my engagement shoot and they came out better than I could have ever imagined. On the wedding day when anything was stressing us out , Paul and his team were there for us to make sure we were everything went smoothly and that we got to enjoy every minute of our day. I would recommend Paul to anyone - he truly was amazing.

Reviewed on 2/23/2017 Tori S

We could not have been happier with Paul! Neither my husband nor I are big picture people so we were a little nervous about finding a photographer that we could be comfortable with. We ABSOLUTELY found this in Paul. He had been the photographer at one of my best friends’... Read More weddings and it was an incredibly hot day and I was so impressed with the way he worked to make sure that the bride and the bridal party didn’t waste time when we were outside without making us feel rushed either– he knew exactly what he wanted to capture and her pictures were stunning. We had our first conversation over the phone and immediately liked him. He was easy to talk to and you could tell he was passionate about what he does. We ended up having a ton of fun with Paul at our engagement shoot and he made us feel so comfortable. Paul was incredibly organized and had a few links that he asked us to complete at our leisure. This gave him all of the information that he needed, helped us understand what photos we wanted and help plan the schedule of the day. In addition, our pre-wedding discussion ran so smoothly because it was just re-confirming and asking questions rather than having to go through everything and hoping we didn’t forget anything. His day-of team was also amazing and proactive and incredibly friendly as well. We’ve already received our preview pictures and WOW, they so much more than we could have ever imagined. Paul is both incredibly talented and a lot of fun to work with!

Reviewed on 12/19/2016 Stephanie W

Paul did our engagement photos and I can't emphasize enough how amazing he is! The experience was not only enjoyable, fun, and romantic for my fiancé and I, but the photos came out GORGEOUS!! We were a little nervous, but he knew exactly how to make us feel comfortable right... Read More from the beginning, which led to the most natural photos that really captured our love. We are getting married abroad, and weren't sure that we would do an engagement session at all, but I am so thankful that we have Paul's photos to cherish forever!

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Patrice K

When planning our wedding, the most important thing to us was to have good pictures because they will last a lifetime. We are so happy we chose Paul Francis Photography. Our photos came out absolutely stunning and we will cherish them for years to come. Paul captured our wedding... Read More so well. I cannot chose a favorite photo because they're all stunning and each hold a special memory of that day. We cannot imagine choosing anyone else to photograph our wedding. Paul's work speaks for itself---it's perfection, beautiful, and professional. We loved working with Paul. He made everything so easy with his online forms (that you can constantly update---and I did) and was responsive to our questions. On our wedding day, he kept everyone on time without feeling rushed or stressed out. We are a bit camera shy, but Paul made us feel comfortable and gave us space to enjoy being with each other. When we got back our photos I was amazed at some of the angles because he was never intrusive. At the reception, he set up a slideshow of some of the pictures taken that day and gave us an album as a gift. We were blown away by the pictures and have no idea how he had time to print them. Him and his team were with us all day. It made our day extra special and held us over until we received our photos. That kind of thoughtfulness and attention to detail was present throughout working with Paul and shows in our photos. Paul and his team are truly professionals, and I would highly recommend choosing them for your wedding.

Reviewed on 8/06/2016 Kellianne k

Working with Paul has been an absolute pleasure. From our very first meeting, through the wedding day and even now as we finalize the album design, Paul has been outstanding! We started working with Paul about a year before our wedding for our engagement shoot. He made us... Read More feel comfortable and relaxed, and it was great to watch him get creative and excited during the shoot. The results were outstanding! Throughout the buildup to the wedding he was so organized and responsive. Paul took the time to get to know us and that made us feel all the more comfortable. He gave us suggestions but also made sure to cater to our preferences. He even helped with planning suggestions not related to photography to help make sure our day went smoothly. On our wedding day he and his assistants Rachel and Anne were warm and professional. Paul has such a calming demeanor, in the flurry of the day he was relaxed, but also very organized and mindful of keeping on schedule. We had an extensive list of specific photos we needed to get with our families. When it came time to take those photos after our ceremony, he was very well organized and referred to our family members by name, which made the whole process run very smoothly. During our couple's portraits we felt completely at ease. It was a nice break in the action of the day where we felt like we were on our own private date! Paul and his team didn't rush us, and really went above and beyond to get some amazing shots. Anne even let me borrow her shoes to walk through a garden so that my heels wouldn't sink into the dirt! We trusted his creativity and his ideas, and we couldn't be happier with the photos that we're going to look at for the rest of our lives. At the reception he checked in with us to see if there were any more photos that we wanted to get, and gave us a lot of personal attention. In the weeks and months after our wedding Paul's been very responsive. We received the final proofs much sooner than expected, and we've been working with him on the design for our photo album. We recommend Paul to any couple looking for a top notch photographer. We could not have asked for a better experience. Thanks Paul!

Reviewed on 4/10/2016 Danielle M

There are not enough positive things to say about Paul. From start to finish he felt like a friend/ extra pair of eyes/ wedding planner to help me through the process. He was extremely organized, helpful, open to ideas and thoughful of our personalities and requests. Down to the... Read More smallest details, he was a class act and his staff were on par. We loved him and would recommend him to everyone. We look at him as part of our family and are beyond thrilled that we chose him for our special day.

Amazing Photographer

Reviewed on 7/20/2015 Jenn L

There are honestly so many positive things to say about Paul that I do not know where to start. I had originally viewed Paul's work from someone I had attended high school with and instantly fell in love with his talent. Paul's breathtaking photos were exactly the look I was... Read More going for and as soon as I got engaged I called him right away. From the very first meeting Paul was professional, down to Earth, and made us feel incredibly comfortable. These qualities were only enhanced during our engagement shoot; so much, in fact, that my fiancé who initially told me on our way to the shoot that he didn't know what to expect left the day with a smile beaming, saying how awesome it was! Those photos came out BEAUTIFUL and truly captured our love and excitement for each other. Throughout the time of my engagement Paul made me feel at ease and confident each step of the way. Then, our wedding day came and Paul, his assistant, and our second shooter honestly fully exceeded our already high expectations. By this point I was so excited for my wedding and our pictures and Paul equally shared in our excitement! He showed me pictures as we went which just boosted my excitement higher and he truly made my girls and I feel (and look of course!) stunning. Paul was so efficient in taking all of our photos, and, as always, creating a comfort between us all the entire time. He knew what was important to us and was sure to capture everything we were looking for throughout the night. Toward the middle of the night there were already pictures being played on a slideshow and we were given unedited, same day photos in an album before we left! Talk about a takeaway gift! My husband and I cannot stop looking at the amazing photos, with smiles on our faces! Working with Paul was honestly the most wonderful experience and now we have gained a friend! In short, I HIGHLY recommend using Paul, his work speaks for itself and he will create an everlasting experience for you. Not just an out of this world photographer, but also a great person! Simply, the best!! :)

Simply Amazing

Reviewed on 8/23/2014 Karen V

We cannot express enough how happy we are that it was Paul who was with us on our wedding day, he truly is not only exceptional at what he does, but he is also simply a wonderful person. From the moment we met him, we knew we wanted him to be our photographer, he has a great... Read More attention to detail and impeccably organized. From all of my last minute questions to the ring bearer needing to go to the emergency room, he took it all in stride and made sure that we got all the photos we wanted and so much more. We also did a photobooth through him, and our guests and us had a blast! He brought a great calmness to our day and helped us to truly focus on what matters, each other, and we cannot thank him enough for that. We thank him for his patience, kindness and the joy he showed us all day long. As we walked back to the hotel together, we both looked at one another smiling and unanimously agreed that he was our favorite person of the day and we could not have worked with anyone better. We had an amazing day and he helped to make sure of that. We received so many compliments on his photographs of us, our friends and family were amazed at his beautiful work, and the surprise book at the end of the night made me cry. Last night he sent us our photographs, and they were just as expected... Amazing! We would choose Paul all over again, you cannot put a price on someone capturing beautiful memories of your day and moments you forgot happened (because the day goes so fast!), Paul captured our day exactly how we remembered it, we could not be happier :) Thank you Paul!!!! I would not hesitate to book Paul as your Photographer, as a photography teacher myself, I can tell you he is the total package, and exactly what you want in your wedding photographer, his photos are amazing right out of the camera!

Not just a photographer a true artist!

Reviewed on 9/27/2011 Melissa A

From the very beginning we knew we wanted to go with Paul Francis photography! Their pictures were not just pictures but works of art. Paul's eye for a shot is amazing. He truly loves what he does and this shows in his pictures. Paul was not only a brilliant photographer but... Read More also a wonderful person to work with. He made us feel comfortable every step of the way. He was quick to answer questions and work with us to achieve what we wanted. One things that really impressed me was that he offers a registry for the photography. We were able to open a wedding registry with him to use for my bridal shower. This was a unique service that I've never seen offered anywhere else before. During the shooting of our pictures we got to see some of his shots right there. He also streamed them on his laptop during the reception for our guests to enjoy! They were amazing! We can't wait to get our pictures back! I would highly recommend Paul Francis photography to anyone who wants high quality photography for their wedding.