Paul V Photography

Central Pa, Philadelphia, New York, Baltimore and Caribbean

Award Winning Central Pa Wedding Photographer

The Knot-Best of Weddings 2018 Harrisburg Magazine- Simply The Best- Wedding Photographer 2017 WeddingWire Couples Choice Award 2017- Paul V Photography is one of the premier wedding and fine art studios in Central Pa - I provide my clients a diverse range of Wedding Day images from the smallest of details and decor, to treasured candid moments and creative, stylized wedding day imagery. Schedule a consultation at my Studio in the Millworks.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums, Photo + Video

The Millworks 340 Verbeke St., Harrisburg, PA Central Pa, Philadelphia, New York, Baltimore and Caribbean (717) 877-2244

Reviewed on 1/05/2018 D W

Words cannot express our gratitude to Paul for capturing the love, joy, and beauty of our daughter’s 12.30.17 wedding. He is a consummate professional and perfectionist extraordinaire! Paul possesses an exceptional ability to weave light, emotion, and movement into a still... Read More photo, thereby breathing life into the image. After all the planning was done, the vows were shared, the food was eaten, and the last song was played, we have beautiful memories, due in large part to Paul. Thank you Paul V!!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Candace B

Paul was one of the best wedding planning decisions we made! We met Paul at a bridal expo and knew on the spot we needed him to photograph our wedding. His energy and enthusiasm for weddings and photography was impressive. You could tell he just loved what he does and his main... Read More goal was to create beautiful memories. We got to know Paul a little better at our engagement session. He was very particular about the weather for the shoot to ensure we got the best photos we could. We spent hours taking pictures and we saw how his eye for landscape and lighting really gave us amazing photos. On our wedding weekend, Paul came up to State College for the rehearsal on Friday to meet the family and put names with faces. He also graciously photographed our niece’s baptism which we had right before the rehearsal! The morning of the wedding he had everyone’s names and ‘roles’ down pat, again impressive. He was more of a wedding planner and was exactly where he needed to be at the right times. He went out of his way to communicate with the day of coordinator, florist, DJ, etc. He also coached our wedding party and family on various events to ensure everything ran smoothly. We again took pictures for hours before the ceremony and he was a one man show. Different cameras flying around and getting all the best shots, we were all impressed. Paul never acted like he was on the clock, the entire day (weekend really) was devoted to our wedding! Our family and friends were so happy with how friendly and enthusiastic he was. It was also amazing to see pictures of the wedding day at our reception on the monitor! The large next day gallery was fantastic, I can’t imagine waiting weeks for wedding pictures, Paul had ours done in 24 hours. We are so happy we picked Paul V Photography for our wedding day, he really knocked it out of the park.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Alli P

I was lucky enough to have Paul V photograph our wedding day. Our pictures turned out 10x more beautiful than I imagined. It should have come as no surprise because he did our engagement session and those were incredible as well. Paul is top notch. He is so much more than a... Read More photographer. Not only did he work hard to capture every single beautiful moment but he immersed himself into our day to make sure everything ran smoothly - almost acting as a coordinator and photographer all in one which didn’t go unnoticed by family and friends. We received endless compliments on how he handled himself the day of the wedding and of course tons of compliments on the photos. Everyone appreciated his energy (it makes picture taking so much more fun), his humor and were absolutely blown away by the slide show he displayed during the reception and the fact that he had a LARGE next day gallery posted less than 24 hours after he left the reception. Not to mention, his flexibility in helping make our day special and his timeline on how the day was going to flow were amazing. He had a lot of really great suggestions to help our day run smoothly and we are really glad we took his advice; after all he’s been part of far more weddings than we have. I knew the day of the wedding I wanted to make as few decisions as possible so I asked Paul to make as many executive decisions as he possibly could (in terms of photo location and things like that) and he nailed it. He did a great job of checking in with me when needed and making the executive decisions when it made sense. He also makes it a point to get to know members of the wedding party (including parents) so that he can call them by name. It might sound small but honestly it ended up being far bigger than I thought. It really did help make photos run smoother and it made him feel like family by the end of the day. I’ve been part of a lot of weddings and I’ve never seen another photographer do this so they usually just go through the day feeling like a stranger taking your picture. Who honestly wants a complete stranger capturing some of the most intimate moments of your life??? He truly cares about his clients and he sincerely has fun during his shoots which shows through his work.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Dana A

Paul's professionalism and attention to detail made our wedding day one of the best days of our lives. Between his keen eye for getting "just the right shot" as well as his ability to use his surroundings to capture the moment, the photos of our wedding day continue to receive... Read More nothing but compliments. Despite being a one man show, he not only captured our special moments in stills but also through video. We have never worked with anyone else who consistently met our expectations and provided us with memories that were above and beyond what we could have hoped for. We highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Jillian C

I cannot say enough positive things about Paul V. Between our initial meeting, the engagement photo shoot, save-the-dates, a pre-wedding meeting, the rehearsal, Wedding Day, and going through the next day gallery with our family... Paul did an amazing job. He wanted to know what... Read More we wished to get out of the photos, learned all our family's names, coordinated with our vendors, and gave us memories that will last a lifetime.

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Lauren M

Making the decision to work with Paul was one of the best choices we made for our wedding day. His attention to detail is impeccable and style/vision are inspiring. We have received countless compliments on how beautiful our wedding photos are and we are so happy with how they... Read More turned out. From detail shots to bridal party and family, through the dancing at the reception and the fireworks that capped off the night, we have a full gallery of moments to remember our wedding day. Our guests were so impressed with the reception slideshow; they loved the fact that they could see pictures from our ceremony and even the ones that were taken during cocktail hour less than an hour before dinner! As promised, he had our online gallery up the next day. Paul coordinated all the little details on our wedding day, making sure he didn't miss a shot. He even came to our rehearsal to plan out logistics for our ceremony so that our wedding day photos would be perfect. He also takes videos throughout the day which was nice since we didn't have a videographer. We got comfortable working with him during our engagement session (we love those photos too!) and couldn't wait to have him at our wedding. Paul is extremely talented, detail-oriented, and fun to work with. Thanks for everything, Paul!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Lauren T

I met Paul at a Bridal Expo and knew he would be perfect for our wedding. After he took our engagement pictures, I knew he had an amazing eye for photography and he never missed a shot! He also was very organized and had a perfect timeline of how the day should be run. It was... Read More almost like having a wedding coordinator. I did not have to worry about the flow of the day. He also came to the rehearsal in order to learn the names of those in our families and wedding parties. We had a preview of our pictures that we could look at the next day with our families before we left for our honeymoon! Paul created images that will help us remember our wedding day forever!

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Laura F

Paul V Photography was recommended to us by our venue, Harvest View Barn, and we are so grateful for this recommendation. From the moment I met Paul, his energy was contagious and it was clear that he truly loves his job and is extremely hard working and good at it. All of his... Read More wedding packages offer so much and are great choices, but we chose the most inclusive package and could not be happier with all of the services he has and will continue to provide. It is admirable how involved he is in the whole process, from attending the rehearsal to photographing all of the major events on the wedding day. We were also so grateful to have Michelle as the second photographer on our wedding day. They brought a great energy to the process and we had a great time with them. It is only 2 days after our wedding, and we and our guests have access to hundreds of our pictures. Our wedding day was rainy, but I think it was a blessing, because Paul and Michelle found excellent locations to shoot our pictures despite the weather and the pictures are absolutely gorgeous. Thank you so much to you both for capturing our day so beautifully! Paul V Photography completely lives up to an excellent reputation!

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Jenna K

There's no hesitation with this 5.0/5.0 review! I don't even know if I will be able to convey how fantastic Paul was! I first saw Paul at his assistant, Michelle, at a wedding show a year before our wedding. Paul's high energy drew me in instantly and after looking at his work... Read More at his booth and on his website with my (now) husband, I knew he'd capture our big day in a way no other photographer could and leave us with unique memories for a lifetime! After discussing our photography options, my husband and I knew that our wedding day would come and go in a flash, but the photographs were something we would have forever to vividly remember the day--and the best person to have do this for us would be Paul V Photography. Paul is not only incredible with his work, but also answered my MANY MANY questions so promptly, whether it was via e-mail or text message. He was also like a wedding planner for us. He knows just about anyone and everyone in the "wedding" industry in Central PA & the surrounding areas and always had suggestions for us when we asked for them. We had SO MUCH FUN with during our engagement session and Michelle was so wonderful with designing our Save The Dates, fixing some small details for us to get it just right! Fast forward to our big day... our time taking pictures was some of our most memorable moments of our wedding! He knew all of the great spots at our venue to take pictures... ones we didn't even know about! He was also so patient with our very large wedding party and knew how to capture the attention of the little ones that were in the wedding. 4+ months later and we still can't stop oo-ing and ahh-ing over our pictures! Paul V was definitely one of the best investments of our wedding and we couldn't recommend him more highly! His pictures are something you will have and cherish for a lifetime and beyond! His dates fill up QUICK and for good reason! GO BOOK HIM NOW!!!! You won't regret it!

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Lauren M

Paul V was in short - a godsend. He makes photos fun and can get so much variety in a short amount of time or in a limited environment. You absolutely get what you pay for with Paul. I couldn't be happier with my engagement and wedding photos. I highly recommend him (and his... Read More staff!) for any event, but he is definitely the crème de la crème of wedding photography. He also acts like a pseudo-wedding planner to make sure everything goes off without a hitch on your big day. He works WITH your other vendors and if anything goes askew on your wedding day, you will have no clue. Paul IS that good.

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Ashley G

I was married at Harvest View Barn on 7/08/17. Paul was our photographer, and we couldn't be happier with the way our pictures turned out! Paul remembers all the details- from pretty hangers for my dress, to the thumb drive the pictures come on, Paul has it down to a science. He... Read More made me and my bridal party feel relaxed, and even my husband had fun at our engagement shoot. Paul is the best around- he took a lot of the stress off of me on my big day- what bride could ask for more?

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Alyssa M

For my husband and I, going with Paul V was a no brainer! We met with him a few months before the wedding and ended up booking him that day! Going forward, we were in constant communication with Paul and his assistant Michelle. They made sure everything was absolutely perfect!... Read More Our engagement pictures and save the dates were something family and friends raved about! Throughout our entire wedding day, Paul wasn't just our photographer, but he helped to make sure everything went smoothly! All of the pictures and video footage were beyond incredible. We are still receiving compliments on how great all the picture are. If you are looking for a photographer, Paul V is it! You will not regret your decision! 🙂

Reviewed on 9/15/2017 Hannah D

I found Paul at a Bridal Expo and booked him on the spot. His personality is what hooked me; fun, caring, and professional. Paul was amazing through every step of the way. He's a little more expensive than average; however, he was worth every single penny. Plus, when you pay... Read More for Paul, you get him the ENTIRE day - No fee by the hour or anything like that. He sent small thing to us like countdown pictures before the wedding, excelled in communication, and genuinely cared, not just about capturing the best moments, but making every part of our day special. There was not picture I didn't fall in love with. I could go on and on - I just can't say enough good things. I would highly recommend Paul.

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Kristine C

Paul was the first vendor we booked for our wedding because as soon as we met him, we knew his professionalism, energy, and pure passion for his work could not be passed by. And our every expectation was exceeded by far. Paul captured every single moment of our special wedding... Read More day and we had an amazing time looking through our NEXT-DAY GALLERY. He has an amazing eye for detail and is a true artist. Paul acted not only as our photographer, but also as a facilitator and encourager who helped make sure everything went smoothly. We would recommend Paul V to any couple who wants to make sure they are able to relive their incredible day for years to come. Our 2nd anniversary is approaching and I'm looking forward to our tradition of watching the awesome slideshow of our wedding photos and video clips that Paul created! (P.S. Our engagement shoot was also a blast, and we absolutely loved the graphic design of our save-the-date.)

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Sara J

We had a destination wedding at Couples Swept away Negril Jamaica. I am so glad Paul V came with us to Jamaica to photograph our wedding and most of our vacation. Our photographs are so amazing. We had so much fun on our adventure in Jamaica and we have so many photographs to... Read More remind us. Paul V was also a great tour guide and a lot of fun to hangout with he always made us laugh. Paul is truly a great photographer and I highly recommend him.

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Carla C

Paul is an amazing photographer. He has a great sense of humor that helped me tremendously with the anxiety of planning a wedding. He came up with a customized schedule to make sure we got a ton of high quality pictures to remember our special day. Unfortunately my mom died of... Read More cancer.... I'm so grateful that Paul captured many gorgeous pictures, especially of my mom and my husband and I. I would recommend Paul to all my family and friends. He's worth every penny. He did a phenomenal job taking pictures of our wedding at Harvest view barn at Hershey farms.

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 C G

My fiancée and I met Mr Paul V one year after we got engaged, it was the best decision we have made. He has surpassed our expectations. We had such a great experience working with Paul from the initial meeting to the wedding. He is very artistic and he understand the science of... Read More lights and photography , his visuals are stunning. He is very easy to communicate with, he sees your vision desire and turns them into reality. As a physician I am a stickler for details and I had nothing negative to say.. I believe he is truly gifted.

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Mrs S

I actually knew Paul before he became a photographer. This is a man that has a great gift. He has an eye for photos that tell the story. I drove 100 miles just to see him and get him for our story. He was everything we hoped for. Originally we had planned for an outdoor garden... Read More ceremony but due to the extreme heat we had to move inside. Paul was able to work out all the details for the change and allowed us to roll with the flow. No one does it better and I'm so proud to say that Paul was a part of one of the greatest days of my life as well as a long time friend. Mr. and Mrs. Smith wish you the very best.

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Maegan G

At the rehearsal..I had hired a wedding planner to help coordinate the event&as she was teaching my family how to walk Paul came up to me&said"You have to put me in charge of this it's taking forever!" I was a bit confused as it hadn't even been a half hour so I just looked at... Read More him weird&focused on making sure my family was confident&happy. During the 2nd run through he came up to me again&said that 'This is ridiculous we have to hurry up! This is taking forever!' I then explained this is the first wedding that they have ever been in&they need to practice if he wanted to leave, he could.The beginning of our wedding day he was scheduled to show up at 9AM. He finally showed at 10. Everything then ran smoothly until the reception. He had instructed me to hold my bouquet of flowers pretending to throw it the first time then to come back up&actually throw it so he could get his shot. He ran up to me and yelled "You didn't do what I said! I didn't get my shot!" I responded w/ "Yes, I did & it's a little too late now to yell at me." Then around 8:30PM Paul came up to me asking if he needed to capture anything else. I said"I think we're good until the sparkler exit if you'd like to take a break."He said "I don't ever capture the sparkler exit." I said "I sent the timeline to you months in advance.. Why didn't you mention this prior?" He then said "What the f?! Are you f'ing kidding me?" At which point I pulled my father to have him talk to the man I hired who was screaming F at me on the dance floor of my wedding reception. The photographer stormed out of the reception causing a scene. My wedding planner and family tried to get him to stay explaining that I/we didn't care about the next day gallery. During this exchange he made the following remarks to my myself and my family "I'm a professional I don't work like a dog for my customers" "I have another wedding I have to prepare for" "My camera is too heavy & I'm tired, hold these things" "F you" "I never stay this late" "My pictures are always good, there's nothing left to take pictures of. I'll just be taking the same shot" (2-3 hours before event ended) "Even if I did stay till the end there would only be 7 people left." After this temper tantrum, he stormed off&left my reception 2 hours early, even though he was contracted for the entire day. We then had to hire a second photographer for the remainder of the night which left me with a bill of $750. Which is in addition to the LARGE bill I prepaid Paul. Our fist kiss photo is blurry, he didn't capture AJ's reaction to when he first saw me, and he missed the bouquet toss. After 2 days of calming down, my husband &I called him as he wanted to "smooth things over". We didn't receive an apology. He instead said "he was dealing with an incompetent wedding planner", along with an assortment of other excuses about how hard he worked&how heavy his cameras were. Saying that because he felt he did some good work that he should be excused for the lack of professionalism he carries. DO NOT HIRE HIM!

2017-09-10T21:11:41 Response from the vendor

This is a heartbreaking review and beyond any rational explanation. I live and breathe the total satisfaction of my clients. I think my other reviews will clearly show that. There are unfortunately only faint remnants of truth here. I do wish Maegan and AJ all... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Megan M

Paul V Photography did an absolutely amazing job taking the photos on our wedding day! One of the many reasons that we chose Paul was his dedication and passion to his work. He fully committed to our wedding the entire weekend and made it his job to ensure that everything ran as... Read More smooth as possible. He has an awesome sense of humor and pays attention to every detail. The next day gallery was also one of our favorite things about Paul V Photography. He had hundreds of photos up the afternoon after our wedding that were all AMAZING! Our families, bridal party, and guests raved about the quality pictures that were taken to capture every moment of our special day. I would definitely recommend Paul V for anyone looking for an enthusiastic and professional photographer that not only loves what he does, but also takes some of the best photos I have ever seen!

Reviewed on 6/24/2017 Emily G

As a photographer myself, I wanted to make sure we hired a trustworthy person to capture our day. As soon as we met Paul, I knew he was the one! His creative eye sees all the right shots, and his high energy and collaboration with our other vendors really helped to keep us on... Read More track to get all the shots we wanted. You won't be disappointed in the quality of both his work and his professionalism!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Becky M

Worth every penny! In addition to taking hundreds of amazing wedding and engagement photos, Paul helped in more ways than I could list leading up to our wedding day and the day of the wedding. His wedding day timeline was invaluable. Everything flowed perfectly: no rushing,... Read More not too much extra time. He got to know all of the important people in our wedding by name, communicated with everyone so that we had as little stress as possible. He thought of all the little things to ensure the best pictures possible. Paul's energy level is super high, he works incredibly well with children, and he makes pictures fun. You will not regret choosing Paul and we could not have chosen better. In addition to the wedding services, Paul is a great guy. We experienced a family tragedy immediately following the wedding and the compassion, support, and follow up that we received from Paul was incredible. We'll be stopping by his studio in Millworks and look forward to seeing him around. Thank you, Paul, for everything!!!!!

Simply the BEST!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Kelsy S

If you would like to alleviate stress before and on your wedding day then you need to hire Paul. Paul from the beginning of the planning process had a list of items and an outline for the day of. He asks for your preferred shots and actually knows them the day of. Paul showed up... Read More for our wedding rehearsal which was very helpful for the officiant and him for the day of the wedding. Our photos the day of are more than we could have ever asked for. The lighting in each photo is unreal - he knows where the sun is and how to make the pictures pop. He truly cares about the product he delivers to the bride and groom and you can tell because he puts the photos up the very next day. I don't know another photographer who does that - we had our wedding photos the day before we left for our honeymoon! It's not just another wedding to him, he gets to know the bridal party and makes everyone feel at ease while getting their photo taken. One of the best things is he wants to get the group and family photos done and out of the way so you can enjoy your day knowing they have been taken. Therefore he nicely tells people they can congratulate the bride and groom afterwards. This is needed as we all know your wedding day goes so fast. If you want someone who truly cares, who takes amazing photos and delivers the pictures so quick it's like the day never ended then choose Paul V Photography - you won't be disappointed!! I know I couldn't have asked for a better photographer he's done so many weddings he's seen it all and can handle any situation.

Amazing Photos, Involvement, and Energy

Reviewed on 10/04/2015 Laura F

Great Guy and Photos!

Reviewed on 6/08/2013 I'nnette

I am a fellow photographer and it took me forever to find the perfect one. Paul has a great personality and that's one reason I choose him. His work speaks for its self. He was very hands on and had a lot of great artistic ideas which I love. He gives you access to over a 100... Read More photos online the very next day! Only one small con was that I did have to wait a while to get the rest of my photos, but I didn't get to upset because he was rather busy. All I would recommend his service to everyone, If Im unavailable! :)