Capturing YOUR Best Day

This day only happens only once and I’ll ensure you’ll remember every moment! With great communication, solid planning, and organization I’ll create the most comfortable, relaxed and special day for you. Your precious moments will be captured with attention to the detail, creativity, and fun.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Engagement, Trash The Dress

Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

P.O. Box 215, Cedar, MI (231) 883-9807

Reviewed on 11/18/2017 Kelley G

Long story short, you need to book Meg. Meg is amazing and incredibly talented. We had her do our engagement pictures in July 2016 as well as our wedding in July 2017. Everyone who has seen our engagement and wedding pictures have been blown away. She was great to have... Read More throughout the planning process as well, checking in periodically and prepping us before the big day. She was great keeping everyone on track on our wedding day, conscious of the fact that our time with our loved ones was important (but also that we wanted great pictures)! She's also incredibly thoughtful and fun. I would pick her all over again.

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Taylor R

Meg deserves more than 5 stars! Meg was generous enough to donate her services during the annual Castle Farms Military Wedding Giveaway Contest back in February. I am the most unorganized person in the world and our pictures still turned out BEAUTIFULLY! Planning our wedding... Read More in 4 quick months (from Florida) left little time for actually sitting down with Meg and choosing different poses we wanted, yet she managed to get almost every single thing we wanted. I can say honestly say that without her, our wedding would have crumbled! She was EXCELLENT with the kids and family and didn't let us waste anytime at all. If you're getting married at Castle Farms, Meg is your lady! She knows that place like the back of her hand and will amaze you! Our wedding went flawlessly and Meg was able to really capture all of the emotions of the day. 10 out of 10, would recommend to everyone wanting to have GORGEOUS special memories of their big day!

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 Elizabeth S

Such an awesome person to work with! She communicated regularly and sent us newsletters to make sure we were on pace with our planning. Very patient with children in the wedding and flexible to change up photographs or add in ones that were not previously talked about. I can't... Read More wait to see how the pictures turned out!

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Brea W

From the very moment that we met Meg we knew she was the photographer for us! Down to earth but straight to the point! So sweet and helped me through the whole process. I was planning from states away which made it a bit difficult and she made it so stress free! She even helped... Read More get my buttons done on the back of my dress on top of photographing my big day! She kept us on track, but also let us have the fun that will last us a lifetime. Thank you the Meg and her team. You were apart of our family that day and our photos will be forever cherished!

Reviewed on 3/26/2017 Cass J

WOW! Just Wow. Meg rocked our wedding. To find a complete stranger and have her deliver you in photos perfectly is a blessing. From her professionalism from the get go, her attention to detail, her assistance to keep us organized, and her incredible spirit joining us on our... Read More special day you will not be disappointed with what she delivers. The most stressful decision for our destination wedding turned out to be better than we could ever imagined and we have incredible photos to share with family and friends. Thanks Meg

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Gaby R

Meg was a great photographer, and really puts you at ease. It’s not every day you pose in this manner, so good to have a friend behind the camera. We were thrilled with the scenes she captured, plus all of support and quick follow-up. So glad we found her, and would recommend... Read More highly.

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Jessica S

I just wanted to take a moment to thank Meg for all of her time, expertise and knowledge. I was and continue to be impressed with her work as it appears on my news feed (and when I go looking for it), she is extremely knowledgeable and laid out all of the information for me to... Read More make the most informed decision as possible! She probably emailed me 30 times in the past 3 months and helped me curate a timeline over the phone all b/c she wanted me to feel comfortable and confident in every detail before making a decision. I found out after I starting researching Meg that one of my teammates used her for their wedding....they LOVED her too! She was more than willing to recommend her from actual use.I couldn't recommend her enough!

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Matt S

My husband and I could not have picked a better photographer then Meg. She is so talented and your wedding will not be complete without her. Meg not only captured our wedding but did our engagement photos as well. She has a way of making you feel calm and at ease when taking... Read More photos. Her talent and skill allows her to make any setting look like something out of a storybook. We highly recommend Meg Paxton for your photography needs, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 3/22/2016 Haley C

Meg did a spectacular job with our photos! We met beforehand to go over everything which I appreciated. She took gorgeous pictures! I get so many compliments on how the photos turned out. ALSO when my sparklers didn't work, she saved the day by grabbing some out of her truck.

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Ashleigh R

Meg was absolutely amazing. She was everything we could have hoped for in a photographer. She had amazing creative ideas and made sure everything went how we wanted. My wife and I are so thankful Meg was a part of our special day because it wouldn't have been the same without... Read More her. If you are looking for a photographer and are reading this comment, seriously stop looking.

September 2015 wedding

Reviewed on 9/27/2015 Tonya P

Meg is one of the best photographers in the biz. She did our engagement as well as wedding photos. I haven't even gotten my entire set of proofs back from the wedding yet, but I can tell you she is the best. She was fast, efficient, creative, open to all our ideas, tolerant of... Read More my husband who did NOT want to have pictures taken. She was my wedding planner even though I never asked, the details I was missing she wrapped up so nicely and without a second thought.

Amazing artist

Reviewed on 9/11/2015

I reviewed Meg's work, saw how creative she was and wanted someone with such an eye for photography to document our special day. Luckily, she was available on our date. She was laid back and encouraging as a photographer. I received some of the proofs within a week and the... Read More rest online within two weeks of the wedding... WOW, were they amazing! My husband and I are very pleased with her and the photographs.

Captured our day BEAUTIFULLY!!

Reviewed on 12/30/2014 Jennifer M

Meg and her assistant were amazing to work with on our wedding day. I had arrived a little late to our venue due to the weather, so I was a little stressed when I arrived as I had not wanted to keep her waiting. She was SUPER about it. As soon as I got there she came into the... Read More bridal suite and instead of rushing into things because we were already a little behind, she calmly came to me and asked "How are you doing?" and really meant it. It was the perfect way to calm my stress and let me know everything was under control and was going to be fabulous. Additionally, our wedding was supposed to have been outside - it was something both me and my husband really had our hearts set on - but Mother Nature just absolutely was not having it! Meg, having worked many weddings at our venue (Castle Farms) knew the place like the back of her hand and made certain that we still got some great outdoor shots and the rain actually created the perfect situation for our absolute favorite shot. We're in front of the castle on the blacktop, which has a perfect reflection of us in it due to the rain! Everyone who has seen it has asked "how'd they do that??" because it appears we're standing on water! It's absolutely incredible. Our wedding day was the best day of our lives and turned out even more beautiful than we could ever have imagined - rain and all! We're SO glad we chose Paxton Photography to capture it!

Perfect Pictures

Reviewed on 12/22/2014

Thank you Meg! Our pictures turned out perfect, you are a true artist.

Best out there!!

Reviewed on 6/26/2014 Derly v

Meg and her assistant were AWESOME! We are so happy we chose Meg for our engagement and wedding pictures. Anytime I had a question or concern she responded in a timely manner. She was always helpful even on my wedding day helping my mom with my dress and keeping our crazy bridal... Read More party in check. I absolutely loved working with Meg and her assistant!

My pictures were beautiful

Reviewed on 5/26/2014 Denelle S

I did get a lot of pictures that turned out well but there was so many pictures that looked horrible that were put in our online proofs. Also, my friends and family felt that the photographer was rude and bossy at times. I felt rushed and there was a few pictures that were... Read More unnecessary and pictures that got missed.

We Love Meg!

Reviewed on 11/03/2013 Briann B

Meg was amazing! We hired her for six hours and ended up with over 1000 pictures. We brought up multiple ideas that we found on pinterest or heard from family and she never seemed intimidated! She is very realistic about time and weather. The thing I loved most about Meg was... Read More that she wasn't just a photographer. She helped while I was getting ready, she politely suggested things when I didn't know the answer and she was very calming in a stressful situation. Her wisdom and artistic view is well worth the money!

Very professional

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 Elizabeth Z

She was the best photographer we have so many beautiful photos. I gave her quite a lengthy list and she got all of the shots I asked for. Very reasonably priced for what she does. And she gives you a master disc so you have all of the digital copies.

Exceptional Experience!

Reviewed on 9/15/2013 Sarah M

From our first meeting with Meg, she was a huge help. We met up with her to do our engagement photos (which turned out beautifully!). She gave us a "Typical Shot List", which she said we could modify as much as we like, as well as bunch of helpful planning tips. On... Read More the day of our wedding, she was wonderful. We didn't give her many specifics, but she really captured all the special moments of our day. She took beautiful, and some really creative, pictures that we have gotten so many compliments about. She was also great at keeping things on track throughout the day, and was prepared for the little emergencies that popped up. At the beginning of our reception, my bustle kept falling down (something I was not prepared for) and she was able to fix it for me with safety pins. My husband and I both have very large families, and Meg did a great job getting them organized for family photos. Before she left, she came over to ask if there were any other shots that we wanted or felt like we missed earlier in the day. Meg was a lot of fun to work with, and she was so helpful and reassuring throughout all of our planning. She was prepared for anything to happen on our wedding day. She definitely went above and beyond to help make our day special.

The best of the best!

Reviewed on 9/09/2013 Megan F

Meg was without a doubt the best decision I made during my wedding planning. The pictures she and her assistant took were fantastic, and being able to see the pictures a few days after the wedding was great. Meg got all the pictures we requested and had some creative ideas of... Read More her own. She really knew our venue well (Castle Farms), so we got the best use out of our time since she knew exactly where to go. Not only were the pictures great, but so was just working with Meg. She helped me getting ready and even fixing my bustle when it came off during the reception. I don’t know what I would have done without Meg; she really took the stress off me so I could really enjoy the day.

Truly Beautiful Photos

Reviewed on 9/24/2012 LeAnne F

One of the best decisions I made in planning my wedding was hiring Paxton Photography! Meg goes above and beyond and delivers stunning portraits! I have always been camera shy and anyone who has had wedding photos done knows it's a lot of photos and hours of smiling at the... Read More camera! Meg made it an easy and enjoyable experience! She is fun to work with and great at capturing the emotion of the moment in each persons expressions! I am in love with our photos, they are absolutely stunning!

Best decision!

Reviewed on 9/07/2012 Erica H

The only downside - I wish we would have gotten the 8 hour package. Meg and her assistant were great. Everyone loved them. The photos are amazing. She is very good at getting things in order. We didn't give her many directions as to what we wanted and while there are shots we... Read More didn't get that would be nice (our fault we didn't ask)- Meg did a great job capturing our day and we have photos of things we never would have thought to ask for.

Above and Beyond

Reviewed on 8/02/2012 Jessie L

My husband and I were marriend May 5, 2012 at Crystal Mountain resort. We chose Paxton Photography because we loved Meg's personality and talent. Meg was amazing. Not only did she have great ideas and produce amazing pictures, but she went above the duties of a normal... Read More photographer. One of my bridesmaid had wardrobe malfunction when the back seam on her dress split up the back. Meg came prepared and sewed her up in the bathroom. The guests had no clue there was any problem at all. Needless to say that bridesmaid loves Meg. Then once she say my dress and how it was bustled (the seamstress just gave up and said that was the best she could do, but left a few pieces dragging) Meg said that will not do and finished bustling it with safety pins so that I wouldn't have to worry about anyone stepping on it while dancing. It is for these reasons that we are so happy we chose Paxton photography to do our pictures. I have found that it's the little things at people do so make your dreams come true that matter. She could have just let us figure things out, but instead she went above a normal photographer to make sure there wasn't any stress and we had the wedding of our dreams! Thanks so much Meg!

Amazing photos!

Reviewed on 12/23/2011 Stephanie A

My wedding photos came out truly unbelievable. The quality of the photos are amazing. Meg was the greatest photographer I could ask for. She did a great job wrangling all of our family members as well as the bridal party(no small feat) and got us to our reception with time to... Read More spare. During the reception you couldn't even tell she was there which made for some truly great candid shots. The pictures I got are truly priceless. It was a great quality at a great price.

Reviewed on 7/17/2011 Karen H

We hired Meg for the whole day as well as her assistant so we could have 2 photographers for the day since we weren't using a videographer, we wanted to capture everything we could on film. Meg was great to work with she ended up spending the day with me and my bridesmaids and... Read More getting some really great shots. Her assistant spent the day with the boys and I was a little disappointed in how few photos he captured of them hanging out and getting ready. Other than that Meg was awesome to work with and had our photo gallery up online the week after our wedding.

Meg Paxton

Dog-mom of two and home-rehab addict! I have found a great balance in my life that lets me be creative all day, every day. When I am not surgically attached to my computer editing your lovely event, I can be found rehabbing furniture or building something. Martha Stewart and Pinterest have nothing on me (so says my mother)! I love my career and all of the wonderful people that let me help them through the wedding experience. I have done wedding photography for over 16 years and truly enjoy learning new things for the trade every day. Let me help you create and document your best day!