PEJ Events (Pok-e-Jos Smokehouse)

Central Texas

Event catering that is uniquely Texas and beyond!

PEJ Events was launched in 2017 as the new face of Pok-e-Jo’s catering division, creating a full service solution for our clients with event needs beyond traditional food catering. PEJ Events is a full service caterer serving Austin, Dripping Springs, Round Rock,Cedar Park, Georgetown and the rest of Central Texas. Get a taste of modern Texas cuisine with PEJ Events chef-inspired menus. Whether your party is at one of Austin’s many venues or right in your backyard, we are ready to bring our catering services to your wedding, corporate event, convention, fundraiser, gala, holiday party, private event – really any occasion. From our professional team of event specialists to our experienced catering staff, PEJ Events is ready to lend our expertise from the beginning to the very end!

Cuisine

Cajun, Northeastern, Southern, Southwestern, American, Mexican, BBQ, Fusion, Specialty

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Catering Clean Up, Catering Delivery + Setup, Chef Stations, Family Style, Food Trucks, Menu Tastings, Passed Appetizers, Seated Meal, Servers, Food + Catering, Service Staff

Reviewed on 4/14/2017 Kristen S

Ah-mazing! Cara was so easy to work with and so patient with all my emails and phone calls. The food was excellent and a lot of our guests who are from the Austin area were all interested in where it was from! The bartender rocked it and was so much fun. It was a great time and... Read More they made it so stress free! They brought everything from food, tables and linens to our cake plates and togo boxes! You will not regret hiring this team! :)

Reviewed on 4/13/2017 Audrey F

If I could give them an eleven I would! The food was great, we had a guest say the Brazos salad was amazing and another say the sausage was the best they had ever had. The staff was easy to work with and the great value just made us feel like savvy planners. If you want barbecue... Read More at your wedding look no further!

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Nathan K

Cara, and the team at Pok-E-Jo’s, were a great choice for our wedding day. We were looking for a caterer who could provide the whole gauntlet of services we wanted, and they were right there for everything from bar service, to dinner, to cake service, and more. Cara was great at... Read More answering any and all questions we had from the moment we first contacted her, setting up a tasting at the closest restaurant of theirs to our home before the big day, and following up throughout the time up to our wedding itself. Every service we were looking for their team was able to provide, and we went in knowing that we were going to have food that was great, and that perfect mix between simple and elegant that we were looking for. On our wedding day, the catering team showed up promptly, prepared, and dressed professionally. We rented real china dishes and glassware from them, and everything was laid out beautifully in the reception area for our guests to enjoy. The cocktail hour we had went off without a hitch (according to all reports, as we were taking photos through the lot of it), and when we actually made it into the reception hall itself, the presentation was incredible. Our plates were amply stocked, and with everything perfectly to our liking. Our guests (again from all accounts we’ve received since) had food that was both good and in good quantity. Everyone loved the place settings, and the mac and cheese in particular was a surprise hit! Pok-E-Jo’s provided everything we were looking for in a caterer, with both full service across the big day’s events, and a surprising number of options for cocktail appetizers along with dinner considering they are popularly known as a BBQ restaurant. From simple comfort food like mac and cheese, to classy (and apparently well enjoyed as they were all gone) caprese skewers for appetizers, there was something for everyone at our wedding to enjoy! And as an added bonus we can relive the big day in part whenever we like just by stopping by one of their restaurants and ordering our favorites again!

2017-03-28T10:15:21 Response from the vendor

Anita and Nathan! Y'all are the sweetest and I am so happy we were able to provide everything you were looking for and more! Thank you so much for this sweet review and I wish yall the best and thank you again for choosing PoK-e-Jo's!... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Dempsey T

WOW! Words cannot describe how wonderful this team is. I worked closely with Mona for months and she was so patient with my vision but gave her expert opinion when needed. She went above and beyond for all the site visits and the tasting. Truly a PLEASURE to work with! We got... Read More married during Hurricane Harvey so everything was adjusted to Plan B (but really... Plan C,D,E,F) and Mona transformed all of our plans to make it execute flawlessly. All the staff was great and professional and kind! Literally cannot recommend this company more!!

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Taylor T

AFFORDABLE. YUMMY. EASY TO WORK WITH. I cannot speak highly enough about Cara Foley and her team at PoK-e-Jo's catering. Growing up in Austin and knowing PoK-e-Jo's was a casual restaurant you go to after baseball practice with your family, I was a little apprehensive and... Read More curious when I saw they were one of the preferred caterers at my wedding reception venue. Upon very little research, it was obvious that their catering was a whole different animal than the restaurant. They were extremely professional, kind, willing to work with prices, and had a nicer menu than their typical restaurant menu that I was very impressed with. We did a "station" style reception with heavy hor d'oeuvres and my guests had no idea they were eating PoK-e-Jo's until we told them and were as equally and pleasantly surprised as I was. If you are looking for a caterer who will make you feel calm and confident on your wedding day. A caterer who is professional, but down-to-earth. A caterer who will be fancy but still cost-effective. PoK-e-Jo's is the way to go!

Reviewed on 7/29/2017 Joy S

Choosing Pok-e-Jo’s for our wedding was hands down one of the best decisions we could have possibly made. My husband and I got married at the end of May and while hoping for the best weather, had massive thunderstorms instead. The team from Pok-e-Jo’s worked so hard, along with... Read More my brother and brother-in-law to move the ceremony indoors and reset the tables for the reception. What could have been a terrible, stressful situation, became manageable and beautiful thanks to Pok-e-Jo’s. Their team was so hard-working that my mother-in-law mentions frequently how diligently the wait staff refilled glasses, checked in on guests, and kept everything moving. On top of all of that, the food was outstanding, and we still receive compliments about it to this day! The process getting to the big day was so easy as well. Cara was so easy to work with and I felt so comfortable going to her with questions. Finding a vendor who makes everything so much less stressful is a blessing, and we were so happy we found and chose Pok-e-Jo’s.

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Lydia S

Pok-e-Jo’s did an awesome job of catering my rehearsal dinner and wedding this past May. We served the fajita buffet for the rehearsal dinner and the Texas Tapas and BBQ buffet for the wedding. Cara was great with communication and accommodating my requests. All the food was... Read More delicious, and I got so many compliments on both the food and the staff from my guests. I’m glad I have a location near me so I can stop by for some delicious BBQ anytime I want! If you need catering, especially for BBQ, make Pok-e-Jo’s your first call!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Susan B

Mona made my life so much easier throughout the wedding planning process and on the day of the wedding! From our first tasting, I knew immediately that we were going to choose PoK-e-Jo's- especially because of the treatment that Mona gave us. She is kind and patient and stays... Read More calm and accommodating. All of the food was delicious! Our guests loved everything! The service was great and we were all taken care of. The reception was easy because Mona took charge. Best decision, ever!

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Miranda S

Cara from pok-e-jo's helped us from start to finish. She was professional, quick to respond, and always ready to help. I also loved that pok-e-jo's made it so easy, providing me with ALL my catering and bar tending needs. Food was excellent (omg jalepeno cornbread casserole) and... Read More service was seamless. Only thing to note is they're a little strict about certain things like they will not pour shots. Otherwise, totally a good idea to hire pok-e-jo's if you are looking for some good comfort food and a no hassle hire.

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Debbie K

I am from California and used Pok E Jo's to cater my daughter's wedding in Austin recently based on a recommendation from my wedding planner. Not knowing Austin, all I had heard about was Salt Lick so I was a little nervous to say the least. But I want to tell you that it was... Read More the one of the best decisions I made. I had 2 other daughters marry in the last 23 months and we had served plated steak meals at their wedding and felt like I was almost cheating this daughter but much to our surprise, this food was even better than the steaks! People ate so much more of the food at this wedding and we heard from our guests all night was how wonderful the food was!! I was nervous about a buffet and it being brought in from offsite but this company knows what they are doing. The vegetables were not soggy and the food was hot and fresh! Their servers were friendly, amazing and hard working. I just can't recommend them enough. They are your caterer if you are looking for good food and staff!!

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Tasha W

Originally I was supposed to be getting married at the Radisson, which would be doing all the food. Long story short, the reception was cancelled due to construction so with 4 months to go I had to start from scratch. A friend suggest Poke-e-Jo's and I am so grateful! Working... Read More with Mona was an absolute pleasure. I used to plan weddings for a living and she is the best vendor I have ever worked with. Sweet, responsive, professional and helpful. She made the entire process feel effortless (especially with us being out of state) and worked hard to make sure I didn't have to worry about a thing. The food was fantastic (we did a BBQ buffet with brisket, sausage, turkey, salad, cornbread casserole and my favorite, mac&cheese! The food was fantastic, their servers were super nice and I received a ton of compliments on everything. I highly recommend Poke-e-Jo's as the price, the food and the service are truly a steal!

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Sam S

Pok-e-Jo's was the best decision I made for the wedding. Our wedding coordinator dropped a few major balls and their staff stepped in and made sure the day ran as smoothly as possible. They were kind and professional and did more than they necessary, even setting up some decor... Read More when my coordinator seemed lost. Not to mention, the food was amazing! I felt like a queen when they brought multiple plates full of food to my husband and I. We received so many compliments on how delicious the food was! Could not recommend them more. Plus, Cara, the wedding specialist, is pretty awesome. Throughout the planning process she offered amazing advice. My wedding day would not have been as successful if it hadn't been for Pok E Jos.

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Sarah C

Pok-e-Jo's was easy to work with and the food was great! We had fajitas and all of the fixings. After the wedding people were still telling me how good the food was. You can beat tasty, affordable food!

2017-05-25T10:00:10 Response from the vendor

SARAH! Thank you so much for the sweet review. I really enjoyed working with you and Jarred:) Congratulations again and yes, you're right...tasty and affordable is an unbeatable combo! - Cara

Reviewed on 5/13/2017 Jillian B

Where do I even begin? From the very first email I sent Cara inquiring about Pok-e-Jo's catering service, I have been blown away with their service, professionalism and expertise. Cara was easily accessible and helped throughout every stage of the planning process. For the... Read More wedding we went with BBQ and all of the guests (as well and my husband and I) absolutely LOVED the food. The wedding was 3 weeks ago, and friends and family are still mentioning how great the food was! Not only was the food amazingly delicious but the staff and service was top notch. All the staff was so kind and professional, but especially the bartender! It was a bit chilly for our April wedding and we had not planned on the coffee bar, but staff went out of their way to get us the coffee bar added on the day of the wedding. Pok-e-Jo's far exceeded our expectations and I highly recommend working with them for your wedding or any upcoming party! Thank you so much Cara and the rest of the Pok-e-Jo's staff for helping to make our wedding perfect!

Reviewed on 3/16/2017 Lauren P

Everything was amazing!!! The food, the service (bar, cake cutting, set up/flip, clean up) was all top notch! Jason helped us with any questions we had and made it effortless for me. Thank you so much for everything!!

Reviewed on 3/06/2017 Whitney H

Cara and her team were great! Everyone at my wedding was raving about the creamed corn and could not get enough of the food. They gave us portion sizes that were perfect. They were extremely professional and the bar service was great as well. I was able to get everything I... Read More wanted and more without having to compromise. I can't say enough great things about Cara and her team. They helped in every aspect of my wedding, from moving the chairs to serving the cake. I couldn't have asked for a better group to help us out!

Reviewed on 1/18/2017 Ali H

My wife and I used Pok-E-Jo's to cater our wedding recently and could not have been happier with the level of service we received (the food was excellent too!). Jason was extremely helpful every step of the way. He set up a tasting, helped us put together the menu,... Read More accommodated some special requests, and guided us in the right direction in setting up the day-of. Honestly he almost acted as a wedding planner. The actual day of the wedding was very hands off - we didn't have to worry about a thing. The food was excellent and served right on time. The bartenders were super friendly and efficient. What we were looking for in our vendors was easy to work with, reasonably priced, and someone who would take most of the work off our hands. Jason and Pok-E-Jo's nailed all three.

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Emilee L

We used Pok-E-Jos for catering and wedding coordinating and they did a fantastic job. Cara and Jason were AMAZING to work with. Cara is so sweet and on the ball with everything. We got so many compliments on the food and honestly, it was the best dinner we've ever had. The... Read More prime rib and the turkey were amazing. I would highly recommend them to anyone and everyone.

Reviewed on 12/09/2016 Vanessa C

You can't go wrong picking Pok-e-Jo's as your caterer! All of our guests loved the food and went back multiple times for more! Everyone was very professional and the set up looked great! I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Lindsay T

PokeJos recently catered our wedding in downtown Austin. We got so many compliments on how delicious the food was, and the servers were incredibly kind and helpful throughout the evening. Their buffet presentation is amazingly classy, especially for a low key bbq joint, and the... Read More portions are absolutely huge. No one left hungry or dissatisfied! If you're looking for a bbq caterer for your reception, look no further!

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Emily T

We hired Pok-e-Jo's to cater our wedding very last minute when another caterer fell through! We worked with Jason, and he was so helpful in making our fajita buffet happen, even so close to our wedding. The food was delicious, and the service and staff were great! So many of our... Read More guests told us how wonderful the food was and asked if we could hire them again! The s'mores bar was also a hit and was perfect for our s'mores favors!

Reviewed on 11/26/2016 Vanessa S

We used Pok-e-Jo's for our wedding on 11/18/16 and they did an amazing job!! From our first contact with Jason we knew we would be in good hands. From our tasting to the actual day, the food was delicious! The staff did a great job serving our food, cutting our cake, setting... Read More up everything in a beautiful way and the bartender Joe always made sure glasses were full (especially mine!). My guests went on and on about how the food was delicious, and this came from some avid BBQ eaters!! The smores and popcorn were awesome additions that really tied in our outdoor rustic theme!! Thank you!!!

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Claudia A

They were great! Cara and her team from the beginning were super helpful and quick to respond with different quotes and options. The food was even better than the tasting! We had it served family style and there was plenty of food. We had chicken, brisket and ribs and a salad... Read More and beans and potato salad. All were so delicious! We would choose them again and again!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Rachel B

We used Poke-e-Jo's as our wedding caterer. We chose the delivery drop off option and it saved us about $800. We were very satisfied with Jason who coordinated everything for us including our tasting. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for an affordable caterer... Read More with delicious food!

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Lindsay G

My husband and I recently got married and had Pok-e-jo's do our catering and I am SO glad we went with them! We got soooooooo many compliments on the food!!! Everything went seamlessly and they were so great and easy to work with and so responsive! We had nothing to worry about... Read More the day of and all of the food was great! Our out of town visitors LOVED the barbecue as did all of our local guests! Do yourself a favor and book this place ASAP!