Event catering that is uniquely Texas and beyond!

PEJ Events was launched in 2017 as the new face of Pok-e-Jo’s catering division, creating a full service solution for our clients with event needs beyond traditional food catering. PEJ Events is a full service caterer serving Austin, Dripping Springs, Round Rock,Cedar Park, Georgetown and the rest of Central Texas. Get a taste of modern Texas cuisine with PEJ Events chef-inspired menus. Whether your party is at one of Austin’s many venues or right in your backyard, we are ready to bring our catering services to your wedding, corporate event, convention, fundraiser, gala, holiday party, private event – really any occasion. From our professional team of event specialists to our experienced catering staff, PEJ Events is ready to lend our expertise from the beginning to the very end!

Cajun, Northeastern, Southern, Southwestern, American, Mexican, BBQ, Fusion, Specialty

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Catering Clean Up, Catering Delivery + Setup, Chef Stations, Family Style, Food Trucks, Menu Tastings, Passed Appetizers, Seated Meal, Servers, Food + Catering, Service Staff

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100

Reviewed on 4/14/2017 Kristen S

Ah-mazing! Cara was so easy to work with and so patient with all my emails and phone calls. The food was excellent and a lot of our guests who are from the Austin area were all interested in where it was from! The bartender rocked it and was so much fun. It was a great time and... Read More they made it so stress free! They brought everything from food, tables and linens to our cake plates and togo boxes! You will not regret hiring this team! :)

Reviewed on 4/13/2017 Audrey F

If I could give them an eleven I would! The food was great, we had a guest say the Brazos salad was amazing and another say the sausage was the best they had ever had. The staff was easy to work with and the great value just made us feel like savvy planners. If you want barbecue... Read More at your wedding look no further!

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Nathan K

Cara, and the team at Pok-E-Jo’s, were a great choice for our wedding day. We were looking for a caterer who could provide the whole gauntlet of services we wanted, and they were right there for everything from bar service, to dinner, to cake service, and more. Cara was great at... Read More answering any and all questions we had from the moment we first contacted her, setting up a tasting at the closest restaurant of theirs to our home before the big day, and following up throughout the time up to our wedding itself. Every service we were looking for their team was able to provide, and we went in knowing that we were going to have food that was great, and that perfect mix between simple and elegant that we were looking for. On our wedding day, the catering team showed up promptly, prepared, and dressed professionally. We rented real china dishes and glassware from them, and everything was laid out beautifully in the reception area for our guests to enjoy. The cocktail hour we had went off without a hitch (according to all reports, as we were taking photos through the lot of it), and when we actually made it into the reception hall itself, the presentation was incredible. Our plates were amply stocked, and with everything perfectly to our liking. Our guests (again from all accounts we’ve received since) had food that was both good and in good quantity. Everyone loved the place settings, and the mac and cheese in particular was a surprise hit! Pok-E-Jo’s provided everything we were looking for in a caterer, with both full service across the big day’s events, and a surprising number of options for cocktail appetizers along with dinner considering they are popularly known as a BBQ restaurant. From simple comfort food like mac and cheese, to classy (and apparently well enjoyed as they were all gone) caprese skewers for appetizers, there was something for everyone at our wedding to enjoy! And as an added bonus we can relive the big day in part whenever we like just by stopping by one of their restaurants and ordering our favorites again!

2017-03-28T10:15:21 Response from the vendor

Anita and Nathan! Y'all are the sweetest and I am so happy we were able to provide everything you were looking for and more! Thank you so much for this sweet review and I wish yall the best and thank you again for choosing PoK-e-Jo's!... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/04/2018 Carol M

We worked with PEJ events for our recent wedding on 2/17/18 and they were phenomenal! We worked with both Cara & Alexis and they were both customer service superstars! The team is responsive, attentive, knowledgeable & helpful. They provided full service catering and bartending... Read More and the whole evening was flawless! We had the fajita buffet, mac-n-cheese bar, brazos salad and the popcorn bar for a late night snack. Our guests raved about how delicious the food was and the whole team worked hard, contributing to a great experience! Thank you PEJ events!

Reviewed on 2/28/2018 Briana M

When it comes to PEJs, their price and quality can’t be beat! They are very willing to work with you and within your budget as well! I asked 100s of questions throughout all the wedding planning, and they were great at getting back to me in a timely manner. Great customer... Read More service and DELICIOUS food!

Reviewed on 1/16/2018 Veronica D

We had Pok-e-Jos cater my first daughter's wedding 10 years ago. It was perfect, and we did not even have to look around this time when my second daughter got married last weekend. Lori Simon at PEJ was a pleasure to work with. The sampling of food we had before the event in... Read More making our decision was top notch and professional. The day of the event did not disappoint. We chose prime rib, pork tenderloin as the main entrees. They were done to perfection and tasted great. The PEJ staff at the event worked really hard to make sure everything was just perfect and all the guests were happy and well fed. I would highly recommend PEJ and use them again if we ever need. Jack....father of the bride.

Reviewed on 1/05/2018 Christine C

We were so happy we went with PEJ Events for our wedding last week! I can't say enough about the food, and neither can our guests- they're still talking about dinner (especially the turkey!) We had catering (appetizers and dinner buffet) and bartender services that day. The... Read More process of planning the menu and services was easy with Pok-e-Jo's, and I appreciated the prompt and thorough communication. They even organized the linen rentals for our wedding day. They would have brought the linens with them at setup but we arranged to pick them up early that day from the linen rental company in order to have centerpieces ready to go before everything go too crazy. Definitely recommend PEJ Events for your catering services needs!

Reviewed on 12/17/2017 Rachel T

PEJ's was easily one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. They were responsive with emails and available to answer my slew of questions. All together, they were more helpful with planning my wedding than the venue. They were on time to set up for the wedding and had... Read More the seating/table arrangements completely under control. It was such a relief having the dining/booze experience under control. The food was so tasty and I can't say enough good things about the brisket and cornbread casserole. Thank you PEJ's x 1000 for making my wedding super easy and super tasty!

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Rose C

Better than we imagined! Everything was absolutely delicious and the presentation was excellent. We used them for our son's rehearsal dinner. Jason King helped me from beginning to end. He put together the perfect package. The food was fantastic! Our servers Jules and... Read More Josias were extremely polite and helpful. We loved them! We couldn't have asked for anything better. Pok-e-Jo's will be first on our list for any future event that requires catering. Thank you for making our weekend perfect!

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Amy J

Pok-e-jos catered for our wedding and it was amazing! Not only were our guests commenting how amazing the BBQ was, but the staff went above and beyond. We chose to have brisket, turkey, and sausage, with mac & cheese, mashed potatoes, and corn. We worked with Mona and she made... Read More sure every single detail was perfect and exactly how we would want it. Mona even came to our pre wedding meeting at our venue and spent a long time going over everything and typed up everything for her staff to know before the wedding day. The bartenders, servers, and meat carver were very professional and had everything set up in time and done correctly. The bartenders even came up to my husband and I on the dance floor when it was last call and gave us one last drink, and of course knew what we were drinking. If you are looking for delicious Texas BBQ defiantly choose Pok e jos catering!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Cinthia M

We cannot say enough amazing things about PEJ. Our wedding guests constantly told us how amazing the food was. The staff was perfect on our wedding day, never missing a beat! Mona was extremely helpful and answered all my emails and calls! She always had the answers!

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Ellen S

I can't thank PEJ events enough for the wonderful food and service they provided for my daughter's wedding! Not being from the Austin area we had to trust the recommendations of others and we are so happy that our venue recommended them. Everything was PERFECT and working with... Read More Jason from long distance was so easy! The food was delicious and beautifully presented and the service was top notch! Many of our guests complimented us on them. My only regret is that we didn't order twice as many lime shrimp shooters. They were a huge hit and gone before I was able to have one ☹️! I cannot recommend them enough!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Payton W

This is the first vendor I have reviewed as a venue owner, and I have to say Pok-E-Jos is my new favorite catering company!!! Their staff arrived promptly on time, the set-up was a breeze, all guests were treated like kings and queens, and the service was phenomenal (as well as... Read More the food of course)! You will not be the slightest bit disappointed with Pok-E-Jos catering your event. Thank you so much for the hard work and professionalism displayed during your time catered at Firefly Farm. I will forever point our clients your direction and look forward to working many more events with you! (P.S. Jules did an amazing job, we absolutely love him!)

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Mariolein W

Pok-e-jo' s was awesome!! We had BBQ at our wedding and even the toughest Texan critics said it was among the best they had ever had! Mona was awesome to work with, she even helped us work in a little extra traditional late night snack. I keep hearing rave reviews about the food... Read More and it truly was DELICIOUS! All the staff were very professional and polite, an extra detail that made it that much easier to work with them.

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Dempsey T

WOW! Words cannot describe how wonderful this team is. I worked closely with Mona for months and she was so patient with my vision but gave her expert opinion when needed. She went above and beyond for all the site visits and the tasting. Truly a PLEASURE to work with! We got... Read More married during Hurricane Harvey so everything was adjusted to Plan B (but really... Plan C,D,E,F) and Mona transformed all of our plans to make it execute flawlessly. All the staff was great and professional and kind! Literally cannot recommend this company more!!

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Taylor T

AFFORDABLE. YUMMY. EASY TO WORK WITH. I cannot speak highly enough about Cara Foley and her team at PoK-e-Jo's catering. Growing up in Austin and knowing PoK-e-Jo's was a casual restaurant you go to after baseball practice with your family, I was a little apprehensive and... Read More curious when I saw they were one of the preferred caterers at my wedding reception venue. Upon very little research, it was obvious that their catering was a whole different animal than the restaurant. They were extremely professional, kind, willing to work with prices, and had a nicer menu than their typical restaurant menu that I was very impressed with. We did a "station" style reception with heavy hor d'oeuvres and my guests had no idea they were eating PoK-e-Jo's until we told them and were as equally and pleasantly surprised as I was. If you are looking for a caterer who will make you feel calm and confident on your wedding day. A caterer who is professional, but down-to-earth. A caterer who will be fancy but still cost-effective. PoK-e-Jo's is the way to go!

Reviewed on 7/29/2017 Joy S

Choosing Pok-e-Jo’s for our wedding was hands down one of the best decisions we could have possibly made. My husband and I got married at the end of May and while hoping for the best weather, had massive thunderstorms instead. The team from Pok-e-Jo’s worked so hard, along with... Read More my brother and brother-in-law to move the ceremony indoors and reset the tables for the reception. What could have been a terrible, stressful situation, became manageable and beautiful thanks to Pok-e-Jo’s. Their team was so hard-working that my mother-in-law mentions frequently how diligently the wait staff refilled glasses, checked in on guests, and kept everything moving. On top of all of that, the food was outstanding, and we still receive compliments about it to this day! The process getting to the big day was so easy as well. Cara was so easy to work with and I felt so comfortable going to her with questions. Finding a vendor who makes everything so much less stressful is a blessing, and we were so happy we found and chose Pok-e-Jo’s.

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Lydia S

Pok-e-Jo’s did an awesome job of catering my rehearsal dinner and wedding this past May. We served the fajita buffet for the rehearsal dinner and the Texas Tapas and BBQ buffet for the wedding. Cara was great with communication and accommodating my requests. All the food was... Read More delicious, and I got so many compliments on both the food and the staff from my guests. I’m glad I have a location near me so I can stop by for some delicious BBQ anytime I want! If you need catering, especially for BBQ, make Pok-e-Jo’s your first call!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Susan B

Mona made my life so much easier throughout the wedding planning process and on the day of the wedding! From our first tasting, I knew immediately that we were going to choose PoK-e-Jo's- especially because of the treatment that Mona gave us. She is kind and patient and stays... Read More calm and accommodating. All of the food was delicious! Our guests loved everything! The service was great and we were all taken care of. The reception was easy because Mona took charge. Best decision, ever!

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Miranda S

Cara from pok-e-jo's helped us from start to finish. She was professional, quick to respond, and always ready to help. I also loved that pok-e-jo's made it so easy, providing me with ALL my catering and bar tending needs. Food was excellent (omg jalepeno cornbread casserole) and... Read More service was seamless. Only thing to note is they're a little strict about certain things like they will not pour shots. Otherwise, totally a good idea to hire pok-e-jo's if you are looking for some good comfort food and a no hassle hire.

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Debbie K

I am from California and used Pok E Jo's to cater my daughter's wedding in Austin recently based on a recommendation from my wedding planner. Not knowing Austin, all I had heard about was Salt Lick so I was a little nervous to say the least. But I want to tell you that it was... Read More the one of the best decisions I made. I had 2 other daughters marry in the last 23 months and we had served plated steak meals at their wedding and felt like I was almost cheating this daughter but much to our surprise, this food was even better than the steaks! People ate so much more of the food at this wedding and we heard from our guests all night was how wonderful the food was!! I was nervous about a buffet and it being brought in from offsite but this company knows what they are doing. The vegetables were not soggy and the food was hot and fresh! Their servers were friendly, amazing and hard working. I just can't recommend them enough. They are your caterer if you are looking for good food and staff!!

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Tasha W

Originally I was supposed to be getting married at the Radisson, which would be doing all the food. Long story short, the reception was cancelled due to construction so with 4 months to go I had to start from scratch. A friend suggest Poke-e-Jo's and I am so grateful! Working... Read More with Mona was an absolute pleasure. I used to plan weddings for a living and she is the best vendor I have ever worked with. Sweet, responsive, professional and helpful. She made the entire process feel effortless (especially with us being out of state) and worked hard to make sure I didn't have to worry about a thing. The food was fantastic (we did a BBQ buffet with brisket, sausage, turkey, salad, cornbread casserole and my favorite, mac&cheese! The food was fantastic, their servers were super nice and I received a ton of compliments on everything. I highly recommend Poke-e-Jo's as the price, the food and the service are truly a steal!

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Sam S

Pok-e-Jo's was the best decision I made for the wedding. Our wedding coordinator dropped a few major balls and their staff stepped in and made sure the day ran as smoothly as possible. They were kind and professional and did more than they necessary, even setting up some decor... Read More when my coordinator seemed lost. Not to mention, the food was amazing! I felt like a queen when they brought multiple plates full of food to my husband and I. We received so many compliments on how delicious the food was! Could not recommend them more. Plus, Cara, the wedding specialist, is pretty awesome. Throughout the planning process she offered amazing advice. My wedding day would not have been as successful if it hadn't been for Pok E Jos.

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Sarah C

Pok-e-Jo's was easy to work with and the food was great! We had fajitas and all of the fixings. After the wedding people were still telling me how good the food was. You can beat tasty, affordable food!

2017-05-25T10:00:10 Response from the vendor

SARAH! Thank you so much for the sweet review. I really enjoyed working with you and Jarred:) Congratulations again and yes, you're right...tasty and affordable is an unbeatable combo! - Cara

Reviewed on 5/13/2017 Jillian B

Where do I even begin? From the very first email I sent Cara inquiring about Pok-e-Jo's catering service, I have been blown away with their service, professionalism and expertise. Cara was easily accessible and helped throughout every stage of the planning process. For the... Read More wedding we went with BBQ and all of the guests (as well and my husband and I) absolutely LOVED the food. The wedding was 3 weeks ago, and friends and family are still mentioning how great the food was! Not only was the food amazingly delicious but the staff and service was top notch. All the staff was so kind and professional, but especially the bartender! It was a bit chilly for our April wedding and we had not planned on the coffee bar, but staff went out of their way to get us the coffee bar added on the day of the wedding. Pok-e-Jo's far exceeded our expectations and I highly recommend working with them for your wedding or any upcoming party! Thank you so much Cara and the rest of the Pok-e-Jo's staff for helping to make our wedding perfect!