Creatively capturing adventures in love

I am a world traveling wedding photographer based in Minneapolis. My style is capturing each couple’s personality and skillfully telling their love story

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

4234 Tyler Street NE , Minneapolis, MN Minnesota | Destination | The World (612) 710-9415

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

Working with Penny was AMAZING! Penny took our engagement and wedding photos. She was incredibly helpful and professional every time we met with her. Penny took the extra time to meet us outside of our event a few times, and really got to know us as individuals and as a couple.... Read More My husband is a shy guy that doesn’t really enjoy getting his photo taken, but Penny made us both feel so comfortable that we couldn’t help but be our silly selves. Even 6 months after the wedding, our guests are still telling us every day how wonderful she was at the event and how great her work is. My husband and I love every photo she took!! I would recommended her to everyone needing a photographer. You can’t get better then Penny!

Penny's personality is so fun and makes you feel comfortable!

Reviewed on 5/09/2014 Kristy G

I reached out to Penny for a wedding boudoir photoshoot in April. I wasn't sure what to expect because I've never done boudoir photography before. I was expecting it to be pretty uncomfortable and awkward. Boy, was I wrong! Penny was flexible on the location but I asked if... Read More she could come to my house because it's a fairly intimate photoshoot. From the second she walked in the door, her personality was fun, hilarious and professional. She has one of those personalities that everybody can relate to. She made me feel SO comfortable and the photos turned out great. She made me look AMAZING!!!! And she turned them around really quickly too. I would recommend Penny to anyone looking for great quality photos with a fun photographer that makes them look great!

Photographer and Ninja!

Reviewed on 1/25/2014

We found Penny at our local Bridal Extravaganza and were blown away by her personality and photography skills. Penny was great to work with because of how nice and easy going she is. She really has a way of making you feel relaxed so that she can capture the "real you". Penny... Read More has a lot of imagination so along with the traditional shots, she is able to capture some amazing one-of-a-kind portraits that really tell a story. The day of our wedding, Penny was very discrete and was able to take amazing pictures without getting in the way of the ceremony or event. At the reception she was able to get in the middle of the action and capture the scene (like a ninja!). I really treasure every photo and can't believe our luck to find such an amazing photographer in Penny.

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Sarah M

Words can not even describe how good she is. From the first interview where I left feeling like we were now friends; the day of capturing everything; to the slide show and final images. WOW. I come from a family of photographers who were just amazed by what and how she captured... Read More us. I cannot wait until I have something else that needs a photographer. - sarah.

Reviewed on 5/14/2017 Erin E

Penny and Earl are amazing! Not only do they take stunning photos but they made the whole experience of engagement photos and wedding photos a blast! Penny is so professional, so fun, and so talented. They worked hard to capture every moment of our wedding and it wouldn't have... Read More been such a magical day without them.

Reviewed on 3/21/2017 kara m

Ever seen the episode of FRIENDS where Monica and Chandler are having an engagement session done? If you haven't seen it, trust me that you can feel the awkwardness through the TV screen. Well, my fiance and I are both Chandlers. However, insert Penny and her trusty sidekick,... Read More Earl, and the result is nothing short of AMAZING! They made us feel comfortable and gave us direction, which is exactly what we needed to be able to capture "us" in pictures. She is responsive, timely, fun, and creative; all the things you want in a photographer that is capturing a time in your lives when you are so very in love and so very happy! Thank you Penny (and Earl) for making it so easy and for taking out the awkward! You guys are simply the best! :)

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Déna H

WOW times a million! Penny is quite literally the most amazing photographer I could ever imagine having on our wedding day. She went well above and beyond our expectations and her photos are absolutely perfect. She even crawled in the snow on a frozen lake to get the most... Read More perfect portrait! Our families are still raving about her personality, creativity with pictures, and how she effortlessly captured every special moment of our day. She had edited photos up 2 days after our wedding! I will never recommend any other photographer-she is truly that marvelous.

Reviewed on 12/09/2016 Courtney A

HIRE HER. Penny is the BEST. Our wedding photos are beyond my wildest expectations. From the candid to the staged, she managed to capture every emotion of our day. On top of superb work, she is a lovely human being. Penny took the time to learn what we wanted, was flexible with... Read More us, and offered wonderful suggestions. Importantly, for me, she knew when she had to reign in our wild wedding party to get shots done and keep me from becoming bridezilla :). Penny is organized, responsive, and so incredibly kind and talented. Did I say it before? HIRE HER.

Reviewed on 11/24/2016 Allyson B

It was the best experience working with Penny. I had no doubts she would capture everything important on our wedding day. It is hard to choose my favorite because I LOVE ALL OF THEM! Penny helped me with my timeline and figuring out odd things. She has great skills and... Read More experience and such a big heart! So glad we had Penny as our photographer.

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Sarah B

Penny did a fantastic job with our wedding photos! We love all our photos. Penny and her assistant (Chris) captured both candid and posed moments so well. Our dog was our ring bearer and Penny, a dog owner herself, did such a great job with him. She is organized and so easy to... Read More work with. I planned my wedding from Oregon and she was great about responding to questions right away. Everyone I share pictures with comment on the quality. I would recommend Penny to any one looking for a photographer--simply the best!

2016-11-22T10:27:19 Response from the vendor

Sarah! Thank you SO much for the kind words! Working with you, Ben and SHADOW was amazing. I still talk about how cute he was with the rings tied around his little paw!!! LOVE IT!

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Katie B

She is AMAZING!! Not only is she incredibly talented but she made us feel as though we had been friends for years! We got compliments all night from our guests about how wonderful our photographer was. I can't say enough good things about her as a photographer and as a person!... Read More Do yourself a favor and hire her!!

2016-11-22T10:28:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We are best friends now what are you talking about? :)

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Bethany B

Penny is AMAZING! Penny took our engagement photos this summer and they are incredible! She's very fun and easy to work with and does a fantastic job of capturing beautiful moments, not boring posed photos. My future husband is a photojournalist, so he's pretty picky about... Read More photos (and not particularly excited about being on the other side of the lens) and we both absolutely love our engagement photos and can't wait to see how our wedding photos turn out!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Karen T

Penny was wonderful!! We took our engagement pictures with her in April and she was great. It was super easy to be ourselves. We took pictures in the woods and she found unique ways to capture our personalities. We can't wait Penny to take our wedding pictures!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Elisabeth W

It's impossible to not enjoy your experience working with Penny. Not only are her pictures amazing, but she is easy to work with and makes taking pictures fun through her noises and funny commentary. She kept to the schedule and stayed organized with who we had wanted photos... Read More with (thank goodness for her list) .You instantly want to become best friends with her. My guests adored her, and we loved her quirkiness. I would absolutely recommend her to all.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Kirtley H

Penny was a wonder to work with. She did photos for both our engagement and our wedding. She was very professional but also fun to work with and engaging. I felt very relaxed all day and didn't have to worry about anything. For both sessions, she arrived at the site early to... Read More scope out potential photo places which was a huge help. At our wedding reception, she had a digital photo preview of some of the shots from the day which was really neat. We got the engagement pictures back within a week and the wedding pictures back within a month. Throughout the planning process, Penny was easy to get in touch with and quick to respond to any questions. I would definitely highly recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer. Her professional and fantastic work are paired with a great and fun personality. I love that she runs her own business so you never get the run around and know exactly who you are working with compared to the large companies that pair you with someone you may have never met for your photos. Her prices are also incredibly reasonable compared to other small business photographers we researched. We are very pleased with the whole experience of working with her and with our wonderful photos!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Sandra S

We got Penny's package that includes engagement photos as well as coverage for the wedding. It was great working with her! We brought our dogs to the engagement shoot so we got to have some "family" photos in there. I love how all of our photos turned out. She really captured... Read More all the fun we had at our ceremony and the funny little things kids do during the ceremony. They got a lot of photos of my young cousins having a blast on the dance floor and it brings me back to the whole thing. I don't think you can find a better photographer for your event. I highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Kourtny L

Penny was fun and a great treat to have around while taking beautiful pictures of us and our family on our wedding day. She was very timely with picture turnaround, as well. We are quite pleased with the results :)

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Hannah J

Penny was beyond amazing! She was so much fun to work with, and our photos are really incredible. We did an engagement session with her and our two dogs - she was so great with the dogs, making noises and doing things to attract their attention to the camera. She found great... Read More spots for our engagement photos in downtown Mpls - we were so happy with them, and the engagement session made us feel a lot more comfortable with the camera. Come wedding day, Penny was just great - she found beautiful backdrops for photos and was super fun! Many of our wedding guests commented on our photographer, both in regards to how fun she was and also in the quality of her photos. We've had several people say "wow, excellent choice on photographer", and we couldn't agree more. Penny was the perfect person to capture our wedding day on film!

Reviewed on 8/20/2016 Anie F

Penny's photos speak for themselves, they are outstanding. She has an impeccable eye for capturing the small moments that create amazing memories. She brings a wonderful energy to her work, making everyone feel comfortable and joyful. She went above and beyond what we had agreed... Read More upon, staying late to get more shots and being flexible with our wedding timeline. She was a wonderful addition to our special wedding day and I just can't stop looking at her photos!

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Shannon

Penny did our wedding photos and they turned out absolutely gorgeous! My husband and I loved her work. She was fun and goofy the day of our wedding. She is incredibly helpful and professional. She took the time to meet with us before the wedding and was more than happy to answer... Read More any of our questions (even if it didn't relate to photos). I will recommend Penny to all my friends!!! She is the BEST!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Emma R

Penny did our engagement and wedding photos! They both turned out fantastic and we couldn't be more pleased! She is so easy to work with and always has everyone smiling and laughing! She also gets the pictures back to you really fast!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Angela K

Penny is fantastic! My wife and I are both extremely happy with her beautiful work and couldn't be more excited to proliferate them to our family and friends. We will truly treasure these photos forever and we feel that she captured our day with grace and skillful... Read More assiduousness. It has been absolutely wonderful working with her the past few months as she is extremely thorough and set up multiple meetings prior to our big day in order to get to know us and make sure everything went smoothly. Her skill and professionalism really shone the day of the wedding as well. Having been in other weddings and watching the photographers involved, I have some idea about how dicey it can be to remain friendly while still effectively managing a large group of people, and Penny pulled it off spectacularly. All in all we're very happy customers and look forward to hopefully availing ourselves of her services in the future as we reach new milestones in our life together.

Reviewed on 6/17/2016 Kelly L

We LOVED working with Penny. She has a great personality and made us feel so comfortable. Penny was super helpful with any questions we had and was a huge help when it came to creating our wedding timeline. Not to mention we received all our wedding photos super fast! Thank... Read More you so much Penny!!

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Holly M

Penny did our wedding photos and she was absolutely amazing!! We liked her right away when we met with her beforehand. She has a fun, bubbly personality and made it so easy and comfortable to do photos with (we aren't particularly photogenic people)! Penny has a very unique &... Read More personal style in her photos and all of our friends and family complimented on how great that style was as well. I would definitely recommend using Penny Photographics for photos! Not only is Penny great at photos, we got access to ALL photos less than a week later!!

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Holly M

Penny

One of the best quotes is by Mae West which reads, “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” For me, the “right” way to live is to travel the world and see all of the wonderful places, experience as many opportunities as I can, value moments over products, and to do it all with my favorite person at my side. Connecting with other amazing couples to tell their stories in a creative way is my passion and is what my photography is all about. My name is Penny and I am a local + destination photographer creatively capturing adventures in love.