Creatively capturing adventures in love

MINNESOTA + DESTINATION My husband and I are world traveling wedding photographer based in Minneapolis. Our style combines epic and authentic while we capture your adventures in love. Serving all couples in love! LGBT Friendly :)

Artistic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

4234 Tyler Street NE , Minneapolis, MN Minnesota | Destination | The World (612) 710-9415

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

Working with Penny was AMAZING! Penny took our engagement and wedding photos. She was incredibly helpful and professional every time we met with her. Penny took the extra time to meet us outside of our event a few times, and really got to know us as individuals and as a couple.... Read More My husband is a shy guy that doesn’t really enjoy getting his photo taken, but Penny made us both feel so comfortable that we couldn’t help but be our silly selves. Even 6 months after the wedding, our guests are still telling us every day how wonderful she was at the event and how great her work is. My husband and I love every photo she took!! I would recommended her to everyone needing a photographer. You can’t get better then Penny!

Penny's personality is so fun and makes you feel comfortable!

Reviewed on 5/09/2014 Kristy G

I reached out to Penny for a wedding boudoir photoshoot in April. I wasn't sure what to expect because I've never done boudoir photography before. I was expecting it to be pretty uncomfortable and awkward. Boy, was I wrong! Penny was flexible on the location but I asked if... Read More she could come to my house because it's a fairly intimate photoshoot. From the second she walked in the door, her personality was fun, hilarious and professional. She has one of those personalities that everybody can relate to. She made me feel SO comfortable and the photos turned out great. She made me look AMAZING!!!! And she turned them around really quickly too. I would recommend Penny to anyone looking for great quality photos with a fun photographer that makes them look great!

Photographer and Ninja!

Reviewed on 1/25/2014

We found Penny at our local Bridal Extravaganza and were blown away by her personality and photography skills. Penny was great to work with because of how nice and easy going she is. She really has a way of making you feel relaxed so that she can capture the "real you". Penny... Read More has a lot of imagination so along with the traditional shots, she is able to capture some amazing one-of-a-kind portraits that really tell a story. The day of our wedding, Penny was very discrete and was able to take amazing pictures without getting in the way of the ceremony or event. At the reception she was able to get in the middle of the action and capture the scene (like a ninja!). I really treasure every photo and can't believe our luck to find such an amazing photographer in Penny.

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Amber S

Penny is AMAZING! I met her and saw her work at a bridal fair and I instantly knew I wanted her to capture our wedding! We had her do both our engagement pictures and our wedding pictures and they were BEAUTIFUL! They will be pictures I will treasure forever. She did a great job... Read More at the staged family shots and the candid shots throughout the day. She was fun and easy to work with. I would highly recommend her! You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 9/15/2017 Paige H

I’m not sure if I can even capture how amazing Penny & Earl are in this review. To start with, when I was first looking for a photographer for my wedding, Penny was so easy to talk to. She took time to answer all of my questions, and then addressed more things than I didn’t even... Read More know to ask. I felt rest assured after just one conversation with her that she would be a great fit. When my husband and I first met with her and her husband Earl in person, we got along so well with them- they are incredibly easy-going, friendly, and fun people. I warned them before our adventure session (much more fun than just a regular engagement photo shoot), that I wasn’t the most photogenic person. They gave us great tips, but more importantly, helped us loosen up so they could capture us just being ourselves. The engagement pictures all turned out beautiful! Come the day of our wedding, they showed up early (with Starbucks  ) to capture us getting ready. (Penny stayed with the girls, and Earl went with the guys.) She was incredibly organized (which I was not), and helped us stay on a timeline to get many pictures taken before the ceremony, so we had more time enjoying the reception afterwards. She did sneak us away come sunset (which she timed in advance), and we got beautiful pictures of just my husband and I together. I had originally only had a couple things I considered when finding a photographer: 1) the quality of their work (duh), 2) the cost. However, what I didn’t realize what was really important was having a great rapport with them, too! I can’t say enough about how awesome Penny & Earl are. They are great people, very reasonably priced and able to conform to your needs, and incredible photographers! I couldn’t believe how beautiful the pictures turned out. (And the turnaround time was super fast too! Around a month or so!) I knew I was lucky that we had them for our wedding, but even my wedding party and guests were raving about them- and that was even before they saw the pictures. I highly, highly recommend them to anyone looking for a photographer for any need!

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Anne D

Penny and her second shooter Earl (who is also her husband - how cool is that?!) were absolutely incredible to work with! For starters, we had our engagement photo session (which Penny fondly calls the adventure session) in February at a state park filled with beauty and snow -... Read More lots of snow. We decided to have two outfits - one formal wear and one more casual. Penny made us look like Vogue models in these outfits out in the beautiful wilderness!! We were just blown away by how the photos turned out. She was clearly an expert and gave us breaks to warm up and handwarmers to put on our noses to keep them from looking red. These photos have been shared profusely and proudly hang in our house. We can't thank her enough for capturing our relationship. Then for the big day, Earl joined Penny. The two were so fun to work with and they were very patient with our bridal party personalities! The suggested a first look with the bride and her dad, which was such a heart-melting moment. We never would have thought of that and absolutely love it. Then they captured some gorgeous pictures in the church and with extended family. She is also excellent at handling people that come up with phones and other cameras while we are trying to get our formal shots. We loved having Penny on the trolley with the bridal party to record our fun there! And of course at the reception at the country club where she took pictures of us inside and out with our loved ones. Not only did we love the photos we received from them, but we feel like we made a new couple friend which we look forward to enjoying in the future! We would recommend this photographer for any special event you have!

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Andrea W

Penny was phenomenal!!! Right off the bat, she and Earl took the time to get to know my husband and me. Get to know our interests and our style. They answered all of our questions and made sure that we felt comfortable with the process. Leading up to the wedding and on the... Read More day of, we were completely at ease and knew that we could trust them to do an amazing job. All of our guests also loved them and still talk about how great they were. Penny and Earl were a great team that had an incredible amount of energy! Our photos were absolutely beautiful and my husband and I continue to relive the day with them.

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Raina K

We were looking for photographers who 1) were decently priced, 2) took lovely photos, 3) were reliable, and 4) had personalities that meshed with ours. Earl and Penny fit the criteria! The photos Earl and Penny took at the engagement session and during the wedding definitely... Read More captured our personalities. They are great at communicating if you email, text, or call them. Our photos were delivered in a very reasonable time frame - about a month later. I had no idea where to begin setting up a timeline for the big day, so when Penny offered to help draft a timeline I took her up on that in a heartbeat. She is super knowledgeable. There was one unexpected thing that did happen...Earl and Penny became our friends.

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Erin T

My fiancé and I are so lucky that we found Penny and Earl to be our photographers. My fiancé and I are not super comfortable in front of the camera and we need A TON of direction, but Penny and Earl made us feel totally comfortable. You can tell that they are passionate about... Read More their work and they actually care about each and every one of their clients, which I believe is unique these days. They recently shot our engagement photos - which they refer to as adventure shots - and we loved them! I can't wait until our wedding day, we completely trust Penny and Earl to take amazing photos. Wedding planning can be hectic and it's nice to be 100% confident that you will have fantastic photos on your wedding day and you don't have to worry about it. If you're reading this and are on the fence about booking Penny Photographics, I'm telling you to meet with them right away! This will be the easiest and best decision you'll make throughout the wedding process -- especially if photographs are important to you and your fiancé.

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Heather O

My husband and I are so fortunate to have found Penny (and her assistant/husband Earl) to photograph our important day. We understood the importance of good chemistry with our photographer and we felt it straight away. Penny and Earl's fun, easy going, and adventurous... Read More personality was a perfect fit for us! Her extensive knowledge on weddings and our venue (Green Acres) made planning the schedule effortless. She had great ideas and listened to ours as a couple as well. We did our first look in the woods and her enthusiasm for our connection to the location and desire to incorporate it into our photos was contagious. She worked well with our bridal party and was fun to have with us all day. Most importantly, Penny and Early love dogs and know what they are doing when it comes to photographing them. It was essential to have a photographer that could include our dog into the photos since she was joining us for the celebration. Our dog loved them even before she knew they had peanut butter! We could not imagine anyone else taking our photos on our wedding day. Amazing experience-we highly recommend Penny Photographics!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Sarah M

Words can not even describe how good she is. From the first interview where I left feeling like we were now friends; the day of capturing everything; to the slide show and final images. WOW. I come from a family of photographers who were just amazed by what and how she captured... Read More us. I cannot wait until I have something else that needs a photographer. - sarah.

Reviewed on 5/14/2017 Erin E

Penny and Earl are amazing! Not only do they take stunning photos but they made the whole experience of engagement photos and wedding photos a blast! Penny is so professional, so fun, and so talented. They worked hard to capture every moment of our wedding and it wouldn't have... Read More been such a magical day without them.

Reviewed on 3/21/2017 kara m

Ever seen the episode of FRIENDS where Monica and Chandler are having an engagement session done? If you haven't seen it, trust me that you can feel the awkwardness through the TV screen. Well, my fiance and I are both Chandlers. However, insert Penny and her trusty sidekick,... Read More Earl, and the result is nothing short of AMAZING! They made us feel comfortable and gave us direction, which is exactly what we needed to be able to capture "us" in pictures. She is responsive, timely, fun, and creative; all the things you want in a photographer that is capturing a time in your lives when you are so very in love and so very happy! Thank you Penny (and Earl) for making it so easy and for taking out the awkward! You guys are simply the best! :)

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Déna H

WOW times a million! Penny is quite literally the most amazing photographer I could ever imagine having on our wedding day. She went well above and beyond our expectations and her photos are absolutely perfect. She even crawled in the snow on a frozen lake to get the most... Read More perfect portrait! Our families are still raving about her personality, creativity with pictures, and how she effortlessly captured every special moment of our day. She had edited photos up 2 days after our wedding! I will never recommend any other photographer-she is truly that marvelous.

Reviewed on 12/09/2016 Courtney A

HIRE HER. Penny is the BEST. Our wedding photos are beyond my wildest expectations. From the candid to the staged, she managed to capture every emotion of our day. On top of superb work, she is a lovely human being. Penny took the time to learn what we wanted, was flexible with... Read More us, and offered wonderful suggestions. Importantly, for me, she knew when she had to reign in our wild wedding party to get shots done and keep me from becoming bridezilla :). Penny is organized, responsive, and so incredibly kind and talented. Did I say it before? HIRE HER.

Reviewed on 11/24/2016 Allyson B

It was the best experience working with Penny. I had no doubts she would capture everything important on our wedding day. It is hard to choose my favorite because I LOVE ALL OF THEM! Penny helped me with my timeline and figuring out odd things. She has great skills and... Read More experience and such a big heart! So glad we had Penny as our photographer.

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Sarah B

Penny did a fantastic job with our wedding photos! We love all our photos. Penny and her assistant (Chris) captured both candid and posed moments so well. Our dog was our ring bearer and Penny, a dog owner herself, did such a great job with him. She is organized and so easy to... Read More work with. I planned my wedding from Oregon and she was great about responding to questions right away. Everyone I share pictures with comment on the quality. I would recommend Penny to any one looking for a photographer--simply the best!

2016-11-22T10:27:19 Response from the vendor

Sarah! Thank you SO much for the kind words! Working with you, Ben and SHADOW was amazing. I still talk about how cute he was with the rings tied around his little paw!!! LOVE IT!

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Katie B

She is AMAZING!! Not only is she incredibly talented but she made us feel as though we had been friends for years! We got compliments all night from our guests about how wonderful our photographer was. I can't say enough good things about her as a photographer and as a person!... Read More Do yourself a favor and hire her!!

2016-11-22T10:28:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We are best friends now what are you talking about? :)

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Bethany B

Penny is AMAZING! Penny took our engagement photos this summer and they are incredible! She's very fun and easy to work with and does a fantastic job of capturing beautiful moments, not boring posed photos. My future husband is a photojournalist, so he's pretty picky about... Read More photos (and not particularly excited about being on the other side of the lens) and we both absolutely love our engagement photos and can't wait to see how our wedding photos turn out!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Karen T

Penny was wonderful!! We took our engagement pictures with her in April and she was great. It was super easy to be ourselves. We took pictures in the woods and she found unique ways to capture our personalities. We can't wait Penny to take our wedding pictures!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Elisabeth W

It's impossible to not enjoy your experience working with Penny. Not only are her pictures amazing, but she is easy to work with and makes taking pictures fun through her noises and funny commentary. She kept to the schedule and stayed organized with who we had wanted photos... Read More with (thank goodness for her list) .You instantly want to become best friends with her. My guests adored her, and we loved her quirkiness. I would absolutely recommend her to all.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Kirtley H

Penny was a wonder to work with. She did photos for both our engagement and our wedding. She was very professional but also fun to work with and engaging. I felt very relaxed all day and didn't have to worry about anything. For both sessions, she arrived at the site early to... Read More scope out potential photo places which was a huge help. At our wedding reception, she had a digital photo preview of some of the shots from the day which was really neat. We got the engagement pictures back within a week and the wedding pictures back within a month. Throughout the planning process, Penny was easy to get in touch with and quick to respond to any questions. I would definitely highly recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer. Her professional and fantastic work are paired with a great and fun personality. I love that she runs her own business so you never get the run around and know exactly who you are working with compared to the large companies that pair you with someone you may have never met for your photos. Her prices are also incredibly reasonable compared to other small business photographers we researched. We are very pleased with the whole experience of working with her and with our wonderful photos!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Sandra S

We got Penny's package that includes engagement photos as well as coverage for the wedding. It was great working with her! We brought our dogs to the engagement shoot so we got to have some "family" photos in there. I love how all of our photos turned out. She really captured... Read More all the fun we had at our ceremony and the funny little things kids do during the ceremony. They got a lot of photos of my young cousins having a blast on the dance floor and it brings me back to the whole thing. I don't think you can find a better photographer for your event. I highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Kourtny L

Penny was fun and a great treat to have around while taking beautiful pictures of us and our family on our wedding day. She was very timely with picture turnaround, as well. We are quite pleased with the results :)

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Hannah J

Penny was beyond amazing! She was so much fun to work with, and our photos are really incredible. We did an engagement session with her and our two dogs - she was so great with the dogs, making noises and doing things to attract their attention to the camera. She found great... Read More spots for our engagement photos in downtown Mpls - we were so happy with them, and the engagement session made us feel a lot more comfortable with the camera. Come wedding day, Penny was just great - she found beautiful backdrops for photos and was super fun! Many of our wedding guests commented on our photographer, both in regards to how fun she was and also in the quality of her photos. We've had several people say "wow, excellent choice on photographer", and we couldn't agree more. Penny was the perfect person to capture our wedding day on film!

Penny

One of the best quotes is by Mae West which reads, “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” For me, the “right” way to live is to travel the world and see all of the wonderful places, experience as many opportunities as I can, value moments over products, and to do it all with my favorite person at my side. Connecting with other amazing couples to tell their stories in a creative way is my passion and is what my photography is all about. My name is Penny and I am a local + destination photographer creatively capturing adventures in love.