Where creativity and paper meet.

Persnickety Invitation Studio offers beautifully designed invitations and stationery in a comfortable retail atmosphere. Our graphic designers work with you through the entire wedding process, from choosing an invitation to creating a seating chart, favors, thank you notes, programs & so much more!

Signs, Decorations + Accents, Custom Invitations, Coasters, Escort + Place Cards, Guest Books, Menus, Programs, Seating Charts, Table Numbers, Thank You Cards, Paper Goods, Embossing, Engraving, Letterpress, Printing, Save-The-Dates, Shower + Party Invitations, Wedding Invitations, Invitations + Paper Goods

2577 South Queen Street, York, PA (717) 741-2324

Highly recommended

Reviewed on 9/03/2013 Katherine P

The girls at Persnickety made my the process of ordering save the dates, invitations, and wedding accessories a breeze! They helped me word my invitations and everything they produced looked so elegant! They even addressed my envelopes for me which gave me time to focus on other... Read More details of my wedding.

Persnickety

Reviewed on 10/07/2013 Nicole R

We used Persnickety for our invitations, as well as our other paper items for the wedding (programs, menu, place cards etc.) Melissa and her team are so creative and have an eye for making everything beautiful. We loved how everything turned out and couldn't have been happier.... Read More Persnickety has so many great examples you can view to get ideas and if you have something customized in mind, they'll do whatever it takes to make it happen. Highly recommend using Persnickety for your wedding paper goods!

The New Mrs. R

Reviewed on 10/04/2013 Hilary C

I used Persnickety Invitation Studio for everything I could for our wedding. We shopped around a bit for invitations, but after one meeting with Melissa (the owner) my choice had been made. She was so kind, thoughtful, professional, and thorough! She helped my mother, my (now)... Read More husband, and I pick our wedding invitations, decide on the wording, font, color, just everything! We wanted something very classic and traditional and that's what we got! She told us about a promotion that was going on with William Arthur and reminded us when we needed to place our order to take advantage of it etc. After the invitations were settled, we used Persnickety for several other things: our rehearsal dinner invitations, our custom Mr.and Mrs. R thank you notes, our seating chart for the wedding, our fan programs for our wedding, and we even had them make signs for the two bars that listed the beers that were hand selected by the father of the groom! Everything matched perfectly, Persnickety made sure that everything came together and looked so classic and polished, it was perfect. As I told the team at Persnickety: I was so impressed that, no matter where I move during my life, if I need paper products (baby news etc) I will be bringing my business to them, and I don't say that about many companies/stores because I am so picky! Thanks again for everything Persnickety!

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Megan T

Persnickety is amazing!!! They were super helpful! We werent quite sure what we wanted in our wedding invitations. They helped us design and were really creative with the small ideas we did have! We received so many compliments on our invites! I would recommend them to anyone... Read More looking for invitations!

Reviewed on 9/03/2017 Kim B

The entire staff at Persnickety was phenomenal! My daughter wanted a more formal invitation and Katie immediately found the books we needed to do our search. The invitations were beautiful and they were perfectly assembled with the knotted ribbon. We were so thrilled with the... Read More invitations that we knew we wanted Persnickety to design and assemble our program. Melissa did a superb job with a multi-page program including the entire church service. She was very patient with us, tweeking it several times until it was perfect. I would definitely recommend Persnickety, one of our favorite vendors!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Lindy H

The ladies at Persnickety were absolutely wonderful! They carefully helped me choose an invitation suite and wording, showed me tons of options, and answered all my questions when I didn't even know where to begin. When it came down to the final details, they answered all my... Read More emails almost immediately and were so accessible I could cross things off my to-do list quickly. I would highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Mairead F

When I was trying to pick out invitations for my very formal wedding, I was starting to lose hope that anyone actually sold the high-quality invitations that I was looking for. Thankfully, I found Persnickety! The invitations that Persnickety helped me to put together were to... Read More die for, and they didn't cut any corners. The cost was very reasonable, and the set included invitations, inner envelopes, outer envelopes, reception cards, brunch cards, response cards, and thank you notes with envelopes. Melissa and her employees were so easy to work with. My father passed away when I was young, but we wanted to make sure that he was included as a host for the wedding. No etiquette books had any acceptable suggestions for doing this, but Melissa knew how important this was, and she worked with my mother and me to come up with the perfect wording. The guests who knew him were so touched, and we would never have come up with a way to include him without Melissa's help. She also made sure that the wording was exactly right for my formal, Catholic wedding. Once the invitations were planned, Katie worked with me on alignment and spacing. In all, she produced 5 different drafts, and she always took my requests to change minute details (like spacing or line placement) seriously. She is a true professional, and she didn't stop until every detail was absolutely perfect. People say that invitations set the tone for an event, and that was definitely true in this case. Persnickety made it so easy for me to communicate to my guests exactly what they could expect, and the beautiful invitations got everyone excited for the big day!

Reviewed on 7/04/2017 Bonnie B

These people were extremely helpful and professional. They put together our invitations, table numbers with menus on the back and the board with table assignments. I would recommend them highly!

Reviewed on 3/06/2017 Kimberly H

I was recommended to check out Persnickety through my wedding coordinator and friend. I am extremely glad I listened! Persnickety is AMAZING in every way! Persnickety worked with me and my husband for our wedding invitations, wedding programs, table numbers, guest book, and... Read More seating chart. Melissa and the entire staff is AMAZING! They worked with us to create our customized items to compliment our wedding theme and ideas. They also made sure ALL details were perfect from font type, wording, spelling, color, paper type, and provide you with a "preview" to ensure your order is perfect before ordering the final product. They have TONS of different items, invitations to choose from, and great ideas for customization for just about anything wedding related! I received a lot of compliments on all of the products we purchased through Persnickety (especially the invitations and seating chart). I will definitely be using Persnickety in the future for other special occasions! You NEED to check them out and stop by their super cute store (you will fall in love the moment you walk in!). You will not be disappointed and it definitely beats all of the online invitation services!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Danielle M

I worked with Melissa on our wedding invitations, and she was absolutely wonderful! I'm thrilled with how the invitations came out and how she kept us informed along the way. Also, Melissa was so helpful and genuine when we were deciding on our invitations. I highly recommend... Read More Melissa and her team!

2016-08-09T09:46:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! It was quite a pleasure working with you and Mitesh, as well - I'm so glad you loved the invitations!

Reviewed on 2/16/2016 N S

So I'll be honest, the invitations were not my thing, but they were one of my mom's biggest concerns! She wanted nice invitations and knew what she wanted. Katie was so wonderful and totally understood my mom and what she wanted. Which was nice, because all I had to do was... Read More answer a few questions for Katie and she did all the hard work. The invitations came out beautifully and my mom was thrilled, as was everyone who received them. I also appreciated how quick they were turned around. It was nice to have time to get them all addressed, stuffed and mailed. They really are great people for invitations with such detail. I appreciate it is all they focus on as well.

2016-02-16T17:08:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! I know you live out of town and that there are other vendors that may be closer to you - I'm delighted that you ended up choosing to work with us! I'm happy everything came out perfectly... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Wendy C

I worked with both Alexis and Katie for my daughter's wedding and they were both wonderful! They were helpful and made great suggestions. The store is beautiful and full of unique ideas. The wedding invitations, place cards, table numbers, and reception signs for my daughter's... Read More wedding are amazing. I am so glad that I found Persnickety Invitation Studio.

Persnickety

Reviewed on 10/23/2014

Melissa is a doll. She was very helpful every step of the way. The invitations, table numbers, name cards, and thank you cards were amazing. I highly recommend Persnickety Invitation Studio.

wonderful customer service!

Reviewed on 10/10/2014

We chose to work with Persnickety because their reputation was so positive. We were not disappointed! They worked with me to choose the perfect invitation to go with our vintage/country theme. The staff was helpful and made great suggestions. The invitations arrived on time... Read More and were absolutely beautiful! I would use Persnickety for other non-wedding related items in the future!

Wonderful Experience

Reviewed on 9/26/2013 Katie M

We worked with Persnickety to design our wedding invitations, as well as some other paper products for our wedding. We worked mostly with Alexis. I could not have been more thrilled with my experience with Persnickety. I had no idea what kind of invitations I wanted, and... Read More once I saw one element of an invitation in one of their books that I liked, Alexis worked with me to create a semi-custom invitation that was absolutely gorgeous. Everyone kept telling us that it was the most beautiful wedding invitation they had ever received. They were very high quality, particularly for the price that we paid for them, which was very reasonable. After we had such a great experience with our invitations, we decided to work with Alexis on our other paper goods, including the menu, program, favor, match books, table numbers and place cards, cocktail napkins, and the big sign that directed everyone where to go at the venue. Everything coordinated, and it was all beautiful. Alexis designed all of those elements and they perfectly fit my vision for the day; the items on the tables in particular looked amazing with everything else we had chosen. I can't say enough good things about my experience with Persnickety. They were so warm and friendly, and I could tell they really wanted to give me what I wanted. Thank you Alexis and Melissa!!!

Amazing work

Reviewed on 7/30/2013 Alyson C

Persnickety is an ideal place to get invitations. They have a wide selection to choose from and supplement the invitations with personalized touches for programs, place cards, etc. they do amazing and timely work. We were beyond happy and received many compliments on our... Read More invitations and programs.

Seating Chart

Reviewed on 6/10/2013 Meghan M

I did not use Persnickity for my invitations, although I'm sure they would have been beautiful. I had them print out cards for my seating chart. They did a great job of matching fonts and colors to my other paper goods and my seating chart looked beatutiful. They were very... Read More friendly and helpful so I would definitely reccommend them to anyone looking for paper products for their wedding!

A+

Reviewed on 12/02/2012 Elizabeth W

Michelle and her gang at Persnickety were amazing. They were so helpful throughout the whole process of ALL our stationary needs. We used this vendor for EVERYTHING and have not been let down at all. They helped us to find (and design) EXACTLY what we were looking for. They... Read More helped to guide us through all of our options in terms of place settings and table numbers to thank you notes and various table signs and ceremony programs. Persnickety helps first-timers or we who are clueless in terms of what we need to be considering and what timeline we need to be on. They are so good about getting you proofs, communicating with you, and getting you what you need in the time that you need it. I loved working with them and was SO PLEASED with all of our products.

bride on 9/8/12

Reviewed on 9/26/2012 Stacey W

My experience at Persnickety was wonderful! The owner was very helpful and super nice. My personalized napkins came very quickley. I was very happy with the items I ordered from them.

Kinnaird wedding

Reviewed on 9/19/2012 lasand r

Fantastic! Very professional and friendly. From my save the dates to my thank you cards, elegant and beautiful. Alexis and Melissa can design anything you want.

Beautiful Invitations & Calligraphy!!

Reviewed on 8/02/2012 Mara D

I worked with Alexis at Persnickety and she was so fabulous!! I was so worried about my horrible handwriting ruining my envelopes, but thanks to Persnickety they were perfect! They addressed my wedding invitations, made my rehearsal dinner invitations, and hand-wrote the names... Read More on all of my seating cards!! They were truly fantastic!! I received so many compliments on my invitations!! Alexis was so prompt with all of our correspondence and made sure that I approved every detail before printing or hand-writing anything. Their attention to detail was great! You will definitely love their work... I did!!

Beautiful!

Reviewed on 7/16/2012 Nikki H

I kind of waited to the last minute with invitations and met Persnickety at a Bridal Show. I was overwhelmed with how many invitation options there are! Holly helped walk us through the process and helped us find the perfect invite that reflected us and our wedding style. We... Read More also decided to purchase a seating chart board for our reception instead of individual seating cards. Alexis made a beautiful design and responded quickly to our adjustments. Our first board printed in a different color than we wanted, however the staff was very accommodating and even delivered the board to our venue the next day! They're very friendly and easy to work with! Thank you! We really loved our invitations and seating chart!

Loved our Baseball themed invitations!

Reviewed on 6/22/2012 Celia Z

I found Persnickety Inviation Studio through a Bridal Show in York and I thought there work was amazing. My fiance and I met with the owner to discuss what we would like and within a few short weeks she had some proofs sent to us. They were absolutely amazing. She captured... Read More our baseball theme perfectly in our invites! I can't say enough good things about Persnickety Invitation Studio! They did great work! And if we didn't like something it was changed promptly. Everyone needs to use Persnickety!

Absolutely stunning

Reviewed on 6/01/2012 Theodora V

Persnickety Invitation Studio did an amazing job with all of our stationary needs, including: wedding invitations, rehearsal dinner invitations, seating chart, name cards, table numbers, etc. Melissa at Persnickety was wonderful to work with, and although she was sometimes... Read More working up until the last minute, she got everything done beautifully. She was also very flexible and had no problem adding on some last minute projects that my mom and I threw at her. There were so many styles and options to choose from, so I would imagine you could find anything you would ever want here. Would absolutely recommend!

the BEST wedding vendor we had!

Reviewed on 7/05/2011 Megan F

Persnickety was hands down our FAVORITE wedding vendor out of the entire experience. They made wedding planning so much fun and we actually looked forward to our regular appointments with them. Melissa and her team are truly creative and fantastic at what they do. Early on when... Read More we met with them for Save the Dates they quickly captured our vision and color scheme and were able to carry it through every little detail for the remainder of the wedding planning. We literally used them for EVERY bit of paper product that we needed and we had absolutely no complaints. They created our save the dates, invitations, programs for the ceremony, table numbers, place cards, card box, thank you cards and SO much more. They were so great that my sister even went to them for the bridal shower and bachelorette party invitations. In addition to their beautiful and meticulous work, we were definitely impressed with the timeliness of their service. They were very prompt in getting things done and we were able to send everything out with plenty of time to spare. As far as I'm concerned they should be the only option for stationary/invitations in the area.

Melissa Weiler

For me, the best part of creating invitations is the look of joy when a client first holds one of their finished invitations. The invitation is often the first tangible part of the wedding process, and holding it in their hands makes the moment - and the emotions behind it - truly real. Each piece we create is not just a hint of what's to come, but a reflection of the couple themselves. I received my Associate’s Degree in Graphic Design from Bradley Academy for the Visual Arts, York, in December 1994 and opened my retail shop and studio in York on June of 2008.