Pheasant Run Farm Bed & Breakfast

Farm + Ranch, Garden

Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

200 Marticville Rd, Lancaster, PA

Reviewed on 9/13/2015 Laura M

I, like the rest of the reviewers, fell in love with the rustic and quaint charm of Pheasant Run Farm Bed and Breakfast. I worked as a catering server while attending college and bartended a wedding at the Bed and Breakfast in 2011, which is how I found out about it. There... Read More wasn't a question in my mind that I wanted to get married in the same exact spot four years later in 2015. I contacted them no more than one week after I was engaged. I have to give the actual location, the grounds, its beauty, and the inn itself the highest rating possible - I received nothing but compliments and the day was just as I imagined. The location is truly a hidden gem. Unlike the rest of the reviewers, I unfortunately found the Bed and Breakfast innkeepers to be very unresponsive - even after I asked Vivian which method of communication she preferred questions be directed to after some mishaps in the beginning. I found simple inquiries like scheduling a site visit, ensuring my payment check was received, and securing room accommodations to be extremely frustrating to navigate through - some questions still to this day went unanswered. I ultimately had to ask either my fiance, mother, or wedding coordinator to reach out to the Inn for answers because I felt like such a bother after not hearing back for weeks. I read a previous review from 2011 stating that both the bride and groom were given separate rooms to get ready in at no charge. I asked for a separate room for the groomsmen to get ready and relax in (at most two hours), and was told that I must pay the entire rate for an evening stay (approx. $180). I found this to be very disheartening, and it felt like an extra step to "make a quick buck" while simultaneously complicating the day. I will give major compliments to Bob, as the day before the wedding we walked in on him ironing our table linens in the reception room. He said that they were quite wrinkled when they were dropped off - so he pulled out his own iron to get rid of the creases. This did comfort me that we were in good hands. Although I have to say that Vivian did not make an appearance over the course of 28 hours or so that we were at the Inn to say hello after being our sole point of contact for the event for almost two years. Ultimately the beautiful setting of this venue won me over - I don't feel that I received the care, attention, or friendliness that I would've received elsewhere when it comes to wedding planning.

Fabulous Day

Reviewed on 11/02/2014

I had a vow renewal ceremony here for about 30 people - it can handle more easily - it was a beautiful location and the innkeepers were simply wonderful. They provided the tables chairs and beautiful linens and the outside decorations were great. Couldn't ask for a better... Read More day! As an additional note - although they usually host traditional weddings and events - we were a gay couple and there were no problems whatsoever - made us feel welcome& special. Thank you Bob & Vivian!

Unique impressive venue

Reviewed on 9/28/2014 Chelsea W

I absolutely loved having our wedding at Pheasant Run B&B! The ceremony site was beautiful with a nice outdoor scape with water and rocks and accessed from crossing over a cute little bridge. The reception area was great and very rustic feeling, lot's of stone and natural... Read More elements. There was an awesome outdoor space perfect for a cocktail hour, but our guests enjoyed the area throughout the whole night. I loved that we had the whole place to ourselves, no one else even in sight, very private. Plus staying there was great, the breakfast was fabulous! Beware with this place that you need to have a complete do it yourself wedding, you are only renting the space, there is no bar area, catering, etc., just tables and chairs basically. But it worked great for us. Everyone there was making comments about how unique the venue was.

Hidden Gem

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 heather h

I live outside Philadelphia and wanted a country style wedding, we searched all over Pennsylvania for a site that took our breath way and we found it!!!! Its breath taking, The keepers are amazing and helped through every step of the way! Highly recommend!!!

Rustic & Charming

Reviewed on 6/11/2013 Amanda W

Vivian, Bob & Deeann are so kind and hospitable! The bridesmaids stayed overnight before the wedding and everything was awesome. The breakfast was delicious and they were so accommodating! And the reception area and ceremony sites are fabulous! The property show the love and... Read More care that is put into it. A wonderful place to visit, have a wedding, or stay overnight. The Abels are wonderful to work with!

Reviewed on 8/22/2012 Rosemary L

Bob and Vivian were amazing to work with, very accommodating and helpful. The grounds are beautiful with several options for the ceremony. We were married under a huge tree with the fountain and landscaping in the background. Normally the reception is held in the downstairs of... Read More the barn but considering we had a 100 plus wedding we had ours under a tent. Our guests loved that they could meander around the place, with the ceremony, appetizers (at the barn), and reception all at different locations. Absolutely a fabulous place for a wedding, with wonderful people to work with!

Review for Pheasant Run Farm Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Amy S

It was a beautiful and unique setting, very nature-oriented with a gorgeous indoor facility.;The indoor room is small so if you have a big reception, you'll probably need a tent outside, as we did.