I'll listen to you and play the music you love.

My philosophy is that the music at your wedding should be about you. I ask the right questions to help you choose the best music for your event.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Bollywood, Caribbean, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, World Music

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Audio/Visual Equipment

Reviewed on 6/01/2016

Adam was truly a pleasure to work with from the first phone call, to the last dance of our wedding night. If you are looking for a dj for your wedding, do yourself a favor and book Philly Custom DJ. During the months leading up to our wedding, Adam thought of more things than we... Read More ever would have and he made our wedding night perfect. We looked forward to our phone calls with him, he made the wedding planning process fun and personal. He took all of our ideas and went with it and honestly seemed just as excited as we were about our wedding. He went above and beyond anything you would expect from your wedding DJ. He wrote up a schedule and gave it to all of our vendors, gave me multiple waters throughout the night to make sure I was staying hydrated, and had music playing all throughout our large barn venue. Our wedding day was calling for rain but we had our hearts set on getting married outside. Adam was extremely flexible and had the music ready to go outside and inside. Luckily, we were able to do it outside! Later in the night a similar thing happened with our sparkler exit tunnel and even though it was raining slightly, Adam and his partner brought a speaker outside with a garbage bag covering it so we were even able to have music during the sparkler tunnel. I believe our wedding went as smoothly and as magically as it did because of Adam. I cannot say enough great things about him. Use Philly Custom DJ for your wedding and you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 5/01/2017 Dayana R

My husband and I were concern about two things for our wedding plenty of booze and a dance party. Adam together with my husband put together an amazing playlist. We never heard a single song with didn't want to listen to. We were dancing all night long, pretty much since dinner... Read More time. It was exactly how we wanted to night to be like. All of our guests are still raving about how much fun they all had. We got so lucky to find Adam. Thank you so much for a memorable evening! PS: If your husband has a very specific taste of music not your mainstream kinda thing Adam can handle it amazingly. Also are your two families from two different cultures! YUP Adam can make everyone dance. ;-)

Reviewed on 7/13/2015 Rebecca H

We can’t recommend Adam enough. He went way beyond what we expected in terms of getting to know us and customizing the playlist for every moment of the wedding to our taste and vision. He really balanced providing a ton of helpful guidance and listening to what we wanted. For... Read More example, from the very beginning he set up a google doc that we were all shared on, which gave us a place to fill in songs we wanted to hear and had designated spots for “special songs” like our first dance - and many more we didn’t even think about. As the day got closer, we met with Adam several times and he asked us tons of questions about all the details of the day. We didn’t have a wedding planner so this was extremely helpful and got us to think about a lot of things we hadn’t focused on before. When we told Adam we didn’t have anyone designated to tell people when to walk down the aisle, he immediately volunteered to step in. He did so much more than just play music. And the music was great too! We had said that we were going to make our own cocktail hour playlist, but realized a couple weeks before the wedding that it wasn’t going to happen. So, Adam took the songs off our existing list that were appropriate for a cocktail hour, added some of his own suggestions, and got it to us in a couple days for our input. Best of all, after meeting with Adam several times before the wedding, he felt like a friend. We trusted him to work with the other vendors to move through the schedule of the entire event, and he absolutely did not disappoint.

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Seth R

Adam was fantastic to work with. He helped us pull together our playlist and gave the perfect amount of guidance. He met with us several times to make sure we had what we wanted. Our our wedding day he was flexible and helped us pull off a great event. Our course he spin... Read More some great tunes and helped guests of all ages get up on the dance floor. Cheers Adam!

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Liz B

The best DJ EVER! Adam was incredible to work with. He really takes the time to get to know you and what kind of music fits for your wedding! He was so willing to play any song I had in mind and more! He was friendly, personable and made the whole experience so much fun! Had an... Read More awesome feel of when to make announcements so he didn't interrupt the party! He knows exactly what he is doing and is GREAT at it! Thanks Adam! 5 stars!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Michelle F

Adam was great to work with! Very organized and easy to contact. We loved all of his suggestions ! He was able to combine our different tastes in music along with what the guests wanted as well!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jared N

I found Adam through theknot.com: The service Adam and his crew bring to your wedding rises above merely playing music; he was instrumental in the planning of our event as well as the guy who reminded us to keep it fun. It was also very important to me to play a custom playlist... Read More of music throughout the reception event, which he made possible through collaborative Spotify playlists and Google Drive spreadsheets to stay on the same page. If you're looking for a DJ who isn't afraid to stray from the typical YMCA and such weddings, you've found your man. Also, I highly recommend his custom photo booth. Very worth the small extra amount for this amazing addition! I would get married again just to have my wedding DJ'd by Adam a second time.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Ben B

You really can't go wrong with Philly Custom DJ. Adam ensured we had everything put together and ready to go in time for our big day. We had multiple checkin sessions to go over everything required and the execution went off without a hitch. I highly, highly recommend using... Read More Philly Custom DJ!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Elizabeth H

One of the things I insisted on for my reception was a fantastic DJ. Philly Custom DJ came highly recommended, and they delivered. Our DJ, Adam, was in communication with us from the get-go regarding our song choices, and helped us shape a plan to ensure that the reception... Read More would go off well. He arrived on the day-of on time, fully prepped, and ready to go. He read the crowd perfectly, kept the entertainment flowing, and even plucked surprising but fitting songs to play for some of the unexpected moments during the afternoon. We had bunches of people coming up to us later telling us how much fun the event was, especially the music. Please note, I had originally intended to have our wedding in Philadelphia, but due to circumstances, we had to move it to the Washington, DC, area. I chose Adam because of his philosophy that his job was to play the music we wanted, and I did not want to switch to another, if possible. We gladly paid extra for him to travel to us down there because we knew he was worth it. I cannot recommend him highly enough.

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Molly W

Excellent DJ! Adam spent tons of time with us before the wedding helping us choose the right songs. His guidance and tastes are impeccable. If music is important to you, then Adam's the right DJ.

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Edie M

We hired Adam to DJ our wedding last month and couldn't be happier with the job he did both before and during the wedding. He really went above the call of duty by actively coordinating our timeline with the venue, musicians, and photographers. We met via video chat every... Read More couple of months to hammer out details leading up to the event before meeting more frequently in the weeks prior to our wedding. The amount of background work he did and the high level of communication and organization really helped our stress level during the final few days. We couldn't recommend him more, you'd be doing yourself a favor by hiring him for your next event. Thank you Adam!

Reviewed on 6/15/2016

In a few words, Adam is the MAN. Such a great personality, excellent taste in music and wonderful to work with. He was very proactive in our wedding planning (directly communicating with the wedding party, providing the evening agenda for our other vendors, simple yet effective... Read More forms for our music/timeline organization, etc.) He really helped us along in all aspects of the wedding planning. His slogan says it all "I'll listen to you and play the music you love". We truly personalized our wedding through a collective effort in making our playlists for the cocktail and dinner hours and then left the dance party in his hands - and boy did he deliver. He loves what he does and that really shines through when he's manning that DJ booth. Highly recommended for any occasion. I'll definitely stay in touch with him; I loved talking music together. Book this man!

Reviewed on 5/02/2016 Kelly B

If I used as many superlatives as Adam deserves, this review would be very tedious. From reading the first word of a Yelp review to the final notes resonating in the air at the end of my wife and I's wedding/reception the experience was unforgettable. Adam went above and... Read More beyond to make the planning and understanding of what was needed for every segment of the event very logical and simple. I am very particular about music and Adam put every song my wife and I requested in the playlist (and kept the songs we absolutely did not want OUT of the playlist). He even went so far as to find a studio version of a VERY meaningful song to us that I thought only existed as a live version. It was incredible and meant almost as much as getting married to my wife! Our guests loved Adam! He is very sociable and interactive and certainly got the crowd up on their feet dancing and thoroughly enjoying our special event. My wife and I certainly go beyond thinking of Adam as being our DJ. He is now considered a friend! You should not hesitate if you're considering having or absolutely need someone to host your event!

Reviewed on 12/31/2015

Adam, is The best! He had several video conference with us prior to the event. He understands the key elements of wedding logistics, Prior to and on the day of the event. He's more than a DJ, more than a wedding Planner. He is supportive and a wedding physiologist... Lol.... Read More He helped my fiancé and I every step of the way. And he goes above and beyond his call of duty. Thank you Adam. You were great, amazing & we are forever greatful Chutima & Andy 12-30-15

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Natalie B

Adam made our fun, garden party style wedding such a success. Everything was perfect from the ceremony to the last song at the reception. He also premixed our cocktail hour and gave us a copy so we have that as a keepsake. One of the main reasons I chose Adam's services was... Read More because he specifically said he would respect our playlist while also offering suggestions and advice along the way. I've been to other weddings where the DJs have "gone rogue" and didn't want that to happen at mine! I didn't live near my wedding venue, so Adam and I planned everything long distance via phone and email, which worked great. He always answered my questions and responded in a timely manner. Our wedding had some multicultural elements, and he even tracked down some very specific Indian music that I had trouble finding copies of. I would highly recommend Adam's DJ services! We couldn't have been more pleased.

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Greta F

Philly Custom DJ did an amazing job in helping us make our big day something really memorable. Our wedding was unconventional in that we had an intimate family ceremony/dinner on one evening and a large party with music and dancing the following night. Adam helped us... Read More coordinate the music and all the larger reception 'events,' which really made the party feel much more like a wedding celebration. He was totally open to our music requests and was extraordinarily organized with his Google doc that we could live update between our meetings. Adam was very good at taking enough direction from us, while still taking the initiative to play songs that suited the atmosphere of the party or the tempo on the dance floor. As for the father/daughter dance and mother/son dance, he really encouraged us to choose songs of personal significance rather than danceable, which really made the event more memorable to us. Our family and friends were so complimentary of the great job he did, and we would strongly recommend Adam (and his Sam-wise) to DJ any event! They even took photos which they then shared with us after the event - Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Adrienne E

Oh the things you can luck into using the old search bar in google. My wife happened upon Adam and Philly Custom DJ through a quick search and after a brief conversation we arranged to meet for a drink and a bite to discuss what we were looking for. Within the few hours we spent... Read More talking about music, parties and ourselves Adam had won our trust and all he did over the next 6 months was keep reinforcing that this trust was warranted. He took everything we wanted and made it happen, he made additions that were spot on with the tone we wanted, he encouraged our weirdest ideas and more than anything he put our minds at ease that our dance floor would be jammed. When the day arrived Adam transcended DJ status and took on the role of master of ceremonies, helping us organize, get drinks and even make sure we were fed. I am forever thankful for him providing mini confetti cannons which I had mentioned off handed at a late meeting, and Adrienne and I couldn't have dreamed up a better person and crew than Adam and Philly Custom DJ to make our wedding a success.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 j m

Adam was the perfect wedding DJ. He was professional, fun and prepared. He is truly "custom" and understands pretty intuitively how much direction his clients need. We went to him with a precise playlist of 12 hours of music to cut down, and he helped us narrow in to discover... Read More the necessary flow / music by getting to know us and the anecdotes behind our selections. It was a cool process. He also took initiative to communicate with our venue, collaborated with the technician on site, and day-of he followed the script he helped us develop, and followed through on his promise to mix up our killer playlist. I think we can both confidently agree that was the best wedding playlist ever. Afterwards, he provided us a link to the timestamped setlist to share with our guests. Unlike most wedding DJs who are very boisterous, off-putting and on auto-pilot with the top 20 and typical wedding hits, Adam was the cool, personable wizard behind the curtain. His efforts and style were appreciated by all!

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Claudia S

From the first conversation months ago to the last song of the night, Adam was absolutely perfect. We wrote our own ceremony and had music integrated for the processional and recessional. Adam was so helpful in planning this and nailed the music cues during the wedding. Adam... Read More also coordinated with our day-of planner extremely well. This came in especially handy when our caterer didn't show up on time. Adam rolled with the changes and stepped up big, making unplanned announcements and helping us change the schedule. We were able to re-order the plans of the night without sacrificing any quality. On top of all this, the music was awesome. We had an intercultural wedding, and he was able to find all the obscure requests (Brazilian pop hits of the 90's for example). He is fabulous at reading the room instead of just hitting play on a pre-assembled playlist, and nailing the timing for switching from one kinds of crowd pleaser to another (I swear he could read my mind whenever I was hoping for a specific song to play). We got a TON of compliments on our playlist, and a huge part of that was Adam's skill at managing a crowd. The music was epic, but what sets Adam apart more than anything is how much he really cares about your day being for YOU, and doing little things that make a difference. He practiced the pronunciation of the Father of the Bride's name for weeks, made a point of coming into Philly to meet us at our favorite bar, and took the time to sit down with my dad at the end of the night and compliment his speech. Every step of the way it was clear that Adam truly cared about making our wedding day everything we dreamed it would be.

Reviewed on 6/06/2015 Paul L

So happy Adam was our DJ. We hired Adam for our late May wedding in New Jersey and were blown away by him. From the start to the finish, it was obvious that Adam cared about making our wedding as amazing as possible and, in fact, Adam did help make our wedding amazing.... Read More During the several months leading up the wedding, Adam spoke with us several times (via skype and phone) about our wedding. He really took the time to understand what kind of “vibe” we were looking for during our wedding and what type of music was important to us. He created elaborate but easy to use spreadsheets for us to fill in with our favorite songs and the songs we wanted for each special occasions (e.g., first dance, mother/son dance…). During the weeks/days leading up to the wedding, Adam kept in constant contact with us about wedding details. He even emailed us a playlist he put together for one part of the evening for our approval. He also went above and beyond what was expected of him as a DJ- he coordinated with our wedding band, officiant, venue and photographer to ensure that the sound for our wedding would be perfect and flawlessly recorded. On the day of the wedding, Adam arrived earlier than expected and was ready for our big evening before we were! Once again, he went above and beyond – he kept checking in on us to make sure we were okay and even brought us bottles of water because he could tell we weren’t hydrating. He helped group together the wedding parties and helped us line up the processional before the ceremony. Our venue was very complicated- we got getting married outside, then guests went downstairs in the venue for cocktail hour, then upstairs for dinner, then back downstairs for dancing. Adam somehow managed to flawlessly amplify and provide music to all three spaces and he made it look effortless. The music was perfect. Because he consulted with us before the wedding, he knew exactly what kind of music we wanted and he delivered. He took the list of songs we put together, added to it, and created the perfect playlists for each moment of the wedding. He was also more than willing to take requests during the night. We’re not really sure what else could be said about Adam – he did an amazing job and we are so happy we chose him as our DJ. Not to mention the fact that he was just a really cool guy that was fun to have at our wedding. Our only regret is that we didn’t get a picture with him! We highly recommend him.

Reviewed on 6/01/2015 Danielle G

We were very fortunate to use Adam and Philly Custom DJ for our wedding in May 2015. We knew after our first phone conversation with Adam that we had found the dj for us. We knew that we didn't want a DJ who talked the whole time or played songs we didn't want; when we spoke,... Read More Adam immediately said he prefers not to talk and wanted to play music that we would really enjoy. Sold. We literally handpicked every song from the pre-ceremony lineup to the final song of the reception. Adam encouraged us to use songs that meant something to us or our family members/friends and designate certain ones for particular moments of the wedding. What resulted was a stellar song list that we LOVED and, turns out, our guests really loved too. Since it's his company and he does all the events he's hired for, I believe Adam takes special care and consideration. He's not just booking an event and sending out an employee. While we knew he had other clients and events, the amount of attention he gave us made it seem like we were the only thing on his mind! Day of, Adam and his assistant were on time and professional. He made it clear that all he wanted was for us to enjoy the day. We felt completely confident knowing that everything was in Adam's capable hands. He helped create the wedding that we envisioned and truly cared that we were happy. We received a number of compliments on our choice of DJ from our guests, but all we did was pick the right person for the job. Adam deserves all the credit! We can't thank him enough for make the day memorable.

Best DJ

Reviewed on 3/30/2015 Megan C

Adam did a great job for us and made our evening and even the days leading up to it all that less stressful. He made sure every song that played was a song we loved and kept the dance floor full all night. I can't say enough good things about Adam and the hard work he put in... Read More so my husband and I could have a truly special and effortless event. Not to mention, he was half the price of other vendors recommended to me. If you're planning any even where you're considering a DJ, Adam at Philly Custom DJ is the guy to call.

Adam Is The Best

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 adrienne d

Adam is great, he was the DJ for our wedding and was able to find every ridiculous song we requested (on a very demanding playlist) and has a great taste in music to fill in the gaps. He was so easy to work with throughout the process. He accommodated a somewhat unusual ceremony... Read More and reception that involved expertly providing a soundtrack to events that we essentially made up. He also didn't need anything from us the day of; he totally had his ducks in a row so we could enjoy ourselves, which is nice after months of planning. We are so glad we hired him - he read the room well and made everything flow just right. Love him!! Thanks Adam!

The Best

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 jillian e

I don't have enough words to say what a joy it was working with Adam. While looking for a DJ, we wanted to find someone who would be willing to work with us to create a playlist tailored to OUR favorite music and what we wanted to hear and dance to. Adam met with with multiple... Read More times (usually quite casually at a local spot or at our house to make things easy for us) and he got to know us, our musical tastes, and did exactly what we were dreaming of; customized the music for our entire wedding from the ceremony, to the cocktail hour, and each and every song of the reception. He also happens to have great taste in music (so if you are not looking to to put that much effort into what play- I trust he is your guy!) He is fun and easy going and very professional so working with him was a breeze. All of our guests raved about how well things went, how great the music was, and how fantastic Adam was overall. He even provided us with CDs from the day which is so awesome to have! You will not find a better person to run the show (he actually went and checked out the venue a month prior to the wedding and reached out the the other vendors to coordinate with them) and unlike some of the other big companies who have 1000's of reviews and you don't even meet your DJ before the event, Adam's pricing is more than competitive (which of course is a big part of planning). I am so grateful for having found Philly Custom DJ and having gotten to work with Adam was one of the easiest and most fun part of planning!