I'll listen to you and play the music you love.

My philosophy is that the music at your wedding should be about you. I ask the right questions to help you choose the best music for your event.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Bollywood, Caribbean, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, World Music

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Audio/Visual Equipment

A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100

Reviewed on 6/01/2016

Adam was truly a pleasure to work with from the first phone call, to the last dance of our wedding night. If you are looking for a dj for your wedding, do yourself a favor and book Philly Custom DJ. During the months leading up to our wedding, Adam thought of more things than we... Read More ever would have and he made our wedding night perfect. We looked forward to our phone calls with him, he made the wedding planning process fun and personal. He took all of our ideas and went with it and honestly seemed just as excited as we were about our wedding. He went above and beyond anything you would expect from your wedding DJ. He wrote up a schedule and gave it to all of our vendors, gave me multiple waters throughout the night to make sure I was staying hydrated, and had music playing all throughout our large barn venue. Our wedding day was calling for rain but we had our hearts set on getting married outside. Adam was extremely flexible and had the music ready to go outside and inside. Luckily, we were able to do it outside! Later in the night a similar thing happened with our sparkler exit tunnel and even though it was raining slightly, Adam and his partner brought a speaker outside with a garbage bag covering it so we were even able to have music during the sparkler tunnel. I believe our wedding went as smoothly and as magically as it did because of Adam. I cannot say enough great things about him. Use Philly Custom DJ for your wedding and you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 5/01/2017 Dayana R

My husband and I were concern about two things for our wedding plenty of booze and a dance party. Adam together with my husband put together an amazing playlist. We never heard a single song with didn't want to listen to. We were dancing all night long, pretty much since dinner... Read More time. It was exactly how we wanted to night to be like. All of our guests are still raving about how much fun they all had. We got so lucky to find Adam. Thank you so much for a memorable evening! PS: If your husband has a very specific taste of music not your mainstream kinda thing Adam can handle it amazingly. Also are your two families from two different cultures! YUP Adam can make everyone dance. ;-)

Reviewed on 7/13/2015 Rebecca H

We can’t recommend Adam enough. He went way beyond what we expected in terms of getting to know us and customizing the playlist for every moment of the wedding to our taste and vision. He really balanced providing a ton of helpful guidance and listening to what we wanted. For... Read More example, from the very beginning he set up a google doc that we were all shared on, which gave us a place to fill in songs we wanted to hear and had designated spots for “special songs” like our first dance - and many more we didn’t even think about. As the day got closer, we met with Adam several times and he asked us tons of questions about all the details of the day. We didn’t have a wedding planner so this was extremely helpful and got us to think about a lot of things we hadn’t focused on before. When we told Adam we didn’t have anyone designated to tell people when to walk down the aisle, he immediately volunteered to step in. He did so much more than just play music. And the music was great too! We had said that we were going to make our own cocktail hour playlist, but realized a couple weeks before the wedding that it wasn’t going to happen. So, Adam took the songs off our existing list that were appropriate for a cocktail hour, added some of his own suggestions, and got it to us in a couple days for our input. Best of all, after meeting with Adam several times before the wedding, he felt like a friend. We trusted him to work with the other vendors to move through the schedule of the entire event, and he absolutely did not disappoint.

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Sarah D

5.0 Sarah Adam was absolutely wonderful to work with. He set up a meeting immediately to discuss all the specifics of our celebration and included a very detailed spreadsheet to review with us on our initial call. It really helped us finalize many aspects of our evening and... Read More kept everyone on the same page with our schedule. He was extremely flexible, easy going and paid great attention to the detail required for our big day. We were so happy to work with someone who wanted to be sure our day was as perfect as we hoped for. He was very responsive to all the questions we had and organized a follow-up meeting with us leading up to our celebration to go over any last minute questions. His music was a big hit the entire night and everyone thought he was really great. He followed all our requests and made sure the flow of the evening went smoothly and got people up on the dance floor. He truly went above and beyond to make our day special and we were so pleased we picked him for our special day.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Mason W

DJ Adam was amazing. He created a unique and personal experience for us and our guests. Everyone loved the photo booth. Adam made sure we were well taken care of and listened to all of our needs. He kept everyone one dancing and the wedding flowed quite well. Highly Recommend!... Read More Thank you Philly Custom DJ!

2017-11-01T13:31:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you and Laura for including me in your wedding. Your ceremony was beautiful! Loved the ritual and the live music. Your playlist is still in heavy rotation on my stereo. Stay in touch! Adam

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 amy c

sam was amazing and professional. he helped us pick the best list of songs, and we are very particular about music. it was a great mix of our personalities and music the guests loved. By far one of the best vendors I dealt with for our wedding. thanks Sam!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Hannah T

Adam was amazing! Music has always been a huge part of my husband's and my relationship, and we like all kinds of random stuff. Adam was able to find literally everything! He also took special consideration to make our families comfortable, including orchestrating a "family... Read More dance" in lieu of a mother son dance for my mother-in-law who has some mobility issues. The hotel where we had our reception was going through some staffing issues, and I had no idea what I was doing. Adam's experience and knowledge put my mind at ease during planning, and the flow of the wedding was perfect. We still love listening to the cocktail hour mix he made. Adam, THANK YOU!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Joshua C

The Philly Custom DJ team was awesome! They were professional and very responsive throughout the whole planning process. On the day of the wedding they were there on time and everything happened on schedule. Adam and Samwise were able to engage our wedding guests and keep the... Read More dance floor was packed all night. We’re still getting compliments about the music! We’re also glad we went with the photobooth. It was a big hit, and looking at the pictures always makes us smile! I would highly recommend! We love you guys!!!

2017-10-26T12:13:48 Response from the vendor

Thanks for including us in your wedding. It was a pleasure working with you and Meredith on making your wedding a success. Your photo booth pictures are a riot! Stay in touch, Adam PS: We've replaced the pirate hook since then.

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Alec L

Adam was awesome to work with. He gave us plenty of guidance and suggestions on how to build a personalized playlist and was extremely flexible with any last minute changes we had. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ.

2017-10-26T13:03:29 Response from the vendor

Hi Alec and Maya, Thanks for including me in your wedding. I had a great time!

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Shari P

Philly Custom DJ did an amazing job with our wedding! Adam was referred to us by a photographer friend who had been to a wedding he had DJ'd. We are so happy to have found him! From day one he was incredibly organized and really created a great experience for our wedding! And of... Read More course, the music was amazing!!!!!! He really made our day that much better by having spent time preparing over a few meetings and phone calls. And we are so happy that we also used him to create our photo booth. Everyone loved it. Thank you Adam and team for helping make our day as special and FUN as it was.

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Jessica M

Adam was the best DJ we could have asked for. He worked at length with us on how the night would play out and made the music and the night about us. I would recommend him without a doubt- he is a professional and knows what he's doing.

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Seth R

Adam was fantastic to work with. He helped us pull together our playlist and gave the perfect amount of guidance. He met with us several times to make sure we had what we wanted. Our our wedding day he was flexible and helped us pull off a great event. Our course he spin... Read More some great tunes and helped guests of all ages get up on the dance floor. Cheers Adam!

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Liz B

The best DJ EVER! Adam was incredible to work with. He really takes the time to get to know you and what kind of music fits for your wedding! He was so willing to play any song I had in mind and more! He was friendly, personable and made the whole experience so much fun! Had an... Read More awesome feel of when to make announcements so he didn't interrupt the party! He knows exactly what he is doing and is GREAT at it! Thanks Adam! 5 stars!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Michelle F

Adam was great to work with! Very organized and easy to contact. We loved all of his suggestions ! He was able to combine our different tastes in music along with what the guests wanted as well!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jared N

I found Adam through theknot.com: The service Adam and his crew bring to your wedding rises above merely playing music; he was instrumental in the planning of our event as well as the guy who reminded us to keep it fun. It was also very important to me to play a custom playlist... Read More of music throughout the reception event, which he made possible through collaborative Spotify playlists and Google Drive spreadsheets to stay on the same page. If you're looking for a DJ who isn't afraid to stray from the typical YMCA and such weddings, you've found your man. Also, I highly recommend his custom photo booth. Very worth the small extra amount for this amazing addition! I would get married again just to have my wedding DJ'd by Adam a second time.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Ben B

You really can't go wrong with Philly Custom DJ. Adam ensured we had everything put together and ready to go in time for our big day. We had multiple checkin sessions to go over everything required and the execution went off without a hitch. I highly, highly recommend using... Read More Philly Custom DJ!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Elizabeth H

One of the things I insisted on for my reception was a fantastic DJ. Philly Custom DJ came highly recommended, and they delivered. Our DJ, Adam, was in communication with us from the get-go regarding our song choices, and helped us shape a plan to ensure that the reception... Read More would go off well. He arrived on the day-of on time, fully prepped, and ready to go. He read the crowd perfectly, kept the entertainment flowing, and even plucked surprising but fitting songs to play for some of the unexpected moments during the afternoon. We had bunches of people coming up to us later telling us how much fun the event was, especially the music. Please note, I had originally intended to have our wedding in Philadelphia, but due to circumstances, we had to move it to the Washington, DC, area. I chose Adam because of his philosophy that his job was to play the music we wanted, and I did not want to switch to another, if possible. We gladly paid extra for him to travel to us down there because we knew he was worth it. I cannot recommend him highly enough.

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Molly W

Excellent DJ! Adam spent tons of time with us before the wedding helping us choose the right songs. His guidance and tastes are impeccable. If music is important to you, then Adam's the right DJ.

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Edie M

We hired Adam to DJ our wedding last month and couldn't be happier with the job he did both before and during the wedding. He really went above the call of duty by actively coordinating our timeline with the venue, musicians, and photographers. We met via video chat every... Read More couple of months to hammer out details leading up to the event before meeting more frequently in the weeks prior to our wedding. The amount of background work he did and the high level of communication and organization really helped our stress level during the final few days. We couldn't recommend him more, you'd be doing yourself a favor by hiring him for your next event. Thank you Adam!

Reviewed on 6/15/2016

In a few words, Adam is the MAN. Such a great personality, excellent taste in music and wonderful to work with. He was very proactive in our wedding planning (directly communicating with the wedding party, providing the evening agenda for our other vendors, simple yet effective... Read More forms for our music/timeline organization, etc.) He really helped us along in all aspects of the wedding planning. His slogan says it all "I'll listen to you and play the music you love". We truly personalized our wedding through a collective effort in making our playlists for the cocktail and dinner hours and then left the dance party in his hands - and boy did he deliver. He loves what he does and that really shines through when he's manning that DJ booth. Highly recommended for any occasion. I'll definitely stay in touch with him; I loved talking music together. Book this man!

Reviewed on 5/02/2016 Kelly B

If I used as many superlatives as Adam deserves, this review would be very tedious. From reading the first word of a Yelp review to the final notes resonating in the air at the end of my wife and I's wedding/reception the experience was unforgettable. Adam went above and... Read More beyond to make the planning and understanding of what was needed for every segment of the event very logical and simple. I am very particular about music and Adam put every song my wife and I requested in the playlist (and kept the songs we absolutely did not want OUT of the playlist). He even went so far as to find a studio version of a VERY meaningful song to us that I thought only existed as a live version. It was incredible and meant almost as much as getting married to my wife! Our guests loved Adam! He is very sociable and interactive and certainly got the crowd up on their feet dancing and thoroughly enjoying our special event. My wife and I certainly go beyond thinking of Adam as being our DJ. He is now considered a friend! You should not hesitate if you're considering having or absolutely need someone to host your event!

Reviewed on 12/31/2015

Adam, is The best! He had several video conference with us prior to the event. He understands the key elements of wedding logistics, Prior to and on the day of the event. He's more than a DJ, more than a wedding Planner. He is supportive and a wedding physiologist... Lol.... Read More He helped my fiancé and I every step of the way. And he goes above and beyond his call of duty. Thank you Adam. You were great, amazing & we are forever greatful Chutima & Andy 12-30-15

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Natalie B

Adam made our fun, garden party style wedding such a success. Everything was perfect from the ceremony to the last song at the reception. He also premixed our cocktail hour and gave us a copy so we have that as a keepsake. One of the main reasons I chose Adam's services was... Read More because he specifically said he would respect our playlist while also offering suggestions and advice along the way. I've been to other weddings where the DJs have "gone rogue" and didn't want that to happen at mine! I didn't live near my wedding venue, so Adam and I planned everything long distance via phone and email, which worked great. He always answered my questions and responded in a timely manner. Our wedding had some multicultural elements, and he even tracked down some very specific Indian music that I had trouble finding copies of. I would highly recommend Adam's DJ services! We couldn't have been more pleased.

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Greta F

Philly Custom DJ did an amazing job in helping us make our big day something really memorable. Our wedding was unconventional in that we had an intimate family ceremony/dinner on one evening and a large party with music and dancing the following night. Adam helped us... Read More coordinate the music and all the larger reception 'events,' which really made the party feel much more like a wedding celebration. He was totally open to our music requests and was extraordinarily organized with his Google doc that we could live update between our meetings. Adam was very good at taking enough direction from us, while still taking the initiative to play songs that suited the atmosphere of the party or the tempo on the dance floor. As for the father/daughter dance and mother/son dance, he really encouraged us to choose songs of personal significance rather than danceable, which really made the event more memorable to us. Our family and friends were so complimentary of the great job he did, and we would strongly recommend Adam (and his Sam-wise) to DJ any event! They even took photos which they then shared with us after the event - Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Adrienne E

Oh the things you can luck into using the old search bar in google. My wife happened upon Adam and Philly Custom DJ through a quick search and after a brief conversation we arranged to meet for a drink and a bite to discuss what we were looking for. Within the few hours we spent... Read More talking about music, parties and ourselves Adam had won our trust and all he did over the next 6 months was keep reinforcing that this trust was warranted. He took everything we wanted and made it happen, he made additions that were spot on with the tone we wanted, he encouraged our weirdest ideas and more than anything he put our minds at ease that our dance floor would be jammed. When the day arrived Adam transcended DJ status and took on the role of master of ceremonies, helping us organize, get drinks and even make sure we were fed. I am forever thankful for him providing mini confetti cannons which I had mentioned off handed at a late meeting, and Adrienne and I couldn't have dreamed up a better person and crew than Adam and Philly Custom DJ to make our wedding a success.