Documentary, Lifestyle

Engagement, Trash The Dress

90 Bristol Ferry Rd, Portsmouth, RI (401) 480-0466

Reviewed on 5/17/2016

Caitlin is fantastic!! I spoke to several photographers before choosing Caitlin to shoot my wedding. I found her website online and loved her style already, but, after I spoke with her I was sold. We had a small wedding with only 40 guests. Caitlin knew exactly what we were... Read More looking for and she got it right. Our pictures are gorgeous!! She is easy to work with, relaxed, professional and thorough. All night long guests complimented us on her bubbly personality and the great job she was doing. If you want beautiful pictures from a professional who is easy to work with, I would definitely recommend her!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Ashley K

Caitlin is an amazing photographer. I would recommend her to anyone. She just photographed my wedding a few weeks ago and the pictures are amazing. Not only did I think she did a great job many of my wedding guested commented on how great she was.

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Annmarie T

Caitlin is the best! I absolutely adore her. She has been taking photos of my little ones for years and captures every emotion and every little personality they have. I higher recommend her to brides and grooms and would tell them they would further enjoy her in the future... Read More should the time come they have little ones as well. I cannot wait to see what she does at our next upcoming session!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Corinne C

Caitlin was amazing! From everything from our initial meeting to photographing the big day, she was fabulous. We had a few special requests as well, and she honored them perfectly. She was easy and efficient to work with from start to finish, highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015

We only had Caitlin on our wedding day and for a one woman show she did an incredible job. She let us enjoy our day, picturing the most treasured moments of our day. Can't express how happy I am we chose Caitlin for our wedding, her work is brilliant, easy to work with.

Reviewed on 10/08/2015

Photography by Caitlin was AMAZING!! She never stopped taking photos. She captured all the details of our daughter's wedding. No need for a second photographer! Thank you Caitlin!!!

The BEST!

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Kristen D

Caitlin is simply the best! Don't waste your time looking at another photographer. Book Caitlin and book her early! I had been following Caitlin's photos on facebook for several years after she did a friend's wedding and I knew right away when I got engaged that I wanted... Read More Caitlin for our wedding. Lucky for us, our wedding date was one of the few she had still open. Our engagement shoot was included in our package and Caitlin drove up to Boston to do our photos, which all came out incredible! We had a hard time deciding on one for our Save the Date. Caitlin photographed our wedding last weekend and she already got all of our 1000+ pics posted on her online gallery. Amazing! I've had some friends wait MONTHS to see their wedding pictures. Caitlin captured so many wonderful pictures and it really seems like she is able to be in multiple places at the same time. Several guests even commented excitedly that she was "everywhere." She also handled our venue coordinators with grace and professionalism (which I'm sure was difficult at times). I cannot thank Caitlin enough for providing us with beautiful pictures that will last a lifetime and we can look back on them to remember and relive the best day of our lives.

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Kristen D

Professional, Affordable, Dynamic

Reviewed on 9/20/2015

Caitlin was the photographer on my wedding day and I couldn't be happier with the photos she took :) What I was most impressed with was Caitlin's ability to capture the candid special moments between my husband and I throughout the celebration. The photos came out just as... Read More fantastic as the staged photos but truly captured an intimate moment. Caitlin made us feel at ease throughout the whole process and was exceptional in her direction and management of the photo shoots. She worked with what we wanted while contributing with a professional point of view. I look forward to hiring Caitlin again for future events as my family grows :) She is truly a talented artist with a special eye for capturing beautiful moments reflected in her photos.

Reviewed on 9/15/2015

I am so grateful to have found Caitlin Wood to photograph my daughter's wedding! The pictures tell such a beautiful story of this relationship and love! Caitlin spares no expense with her creativity. She went above and beyond with extra detail and time to capture the wedding... Read More and reception for our lifelong memories! Thank you, Caitlin. You are our official family photographer!!

Reviewed on 9/14/2015 Lisa A

We are both so happy we picked Photography by Caitlin to photograph our wedding on 6.6.15. She did a fantastic job capturing the whole event and even drove more than an hour out of the way to catch my girls and I getting ready at my parents' house. Our guests adored Caitlin, and... Read More after seeing our pictures we were amazed at how many she got - it was like she was in two places at once at times! Besides during our formals, we barely felt her there so it allowed us to be natural and it showed in our pictures. The memories she captured that day will be something we treasure forever. Plus, she is so sweet and easy going that it made working together a breeze. So happy we chose Photography by Caitlin for our special day - highly recommended!

Reviewed on 8/11/2015

We found Caitlin by chance on Craigslist back in 2007, she was sweet and creative and has come a long way since then! She photographed our engagement photos and wedding beautifully! She also photographed our first born as well as did maternity photos in 2012 and other family... Read More photos for my extended family. I highly recommend her, she knows how to capture a moment in the most beautiful way and has such a creative outlook. I promise you wont be disappointed!

BEST experience ever!!

Reviewed on 7/07/2015 Stacy P

Caitlin was beyond amazing from the first time we contacted her all the way through getting our wedding pictures back! I can't rave enough about how wonderful she was. It was worth every penny and then some. I have received SO many compliments on how great our engagement and... Read More wedding pictures came out! Our package came with an engagement shoot so she could get to know us, which was great. She was always punctual, never pushy, and very sweet. My hairdresser said the day of the wedding she was the nicest photographer she's ever worked with. On the wedding day she was able to capture every detail from beginning to end. We took pictures of the bridal party on the beach and she was even laying in the sand for some pictures to get a different angle! If you are in search of a photographer, look no further! I promise you won't be disappointed :)

Reviewed on 5/21/2015 Kristen M

Caitlin is an absolutely amazing photographer. She was an awesome person to work with, and listened to our every want and need. She made us feel comfortable during both the engagement photos and the wedding photos. Caitlin was able to capture each and every special moment... Read More during our wedding day; as well as the beautiful scenery. Caitlin met with us before our engagement photos and before our big day to iron out all the details so that everything ran smoothly. With the craziness of the wedding party, she was still somehow able to patiently and calmly gather everyone together for each and every photo my husband and I wanted. She made everything enjoyable and fun, and had so many different ideas for beautiful photos. We received so many compliments on how natural our pictures looked. We are so happy we found Caitlin and would highly recommend her to anyone and everyone! Kristen & Billy

Perfect Day

Reviewed on 11/24/2014 kerri d

I am Mother of the bride My daughter and I hired Photography by Caitlin in June 2014 the wedding was booked for October 12,2014 she also had an engagement session done in Aug. 2014 they were beautiful as well . We were both extremely satisfied , the pictures were beautiful,... Read More the moments caught were precious and she was the easiest person to work with . I would highly recommend her . Thank You again Caitlin for all the beautiful memories.

We are wow'd every time we look at our wedding pictures!!

Reviewed on 10/12/2014 Mary C

To set up, I had high expectations of photography for our wedding; as my career has allowed me to be around great photography and photographers. Needless to say selecting someone special to capture our wedding day, ranked extremely high on our priority list. I am thrilled to... Read More say, we found that women! Prior to our wedding day, we met with Caitlin for an engagement shoot - which is part of her total fee. It was fantastic as we had a chance to get to know one another and determine what worked/what didn't work for the wedding day. Skip ahead to the wedding day... This women knows Newport and more importantly she knows the "must" spot for incredible photography. Caitlin captured so many candid personal moments throughout the day. From hair and make up through the good bye's at the reception she captured what seemed to be every moment .. many that I did not even see that day. Oh have I mentioned this women will do what ever it takes to get the shot? Unbelievably Caitlin photographed our wedding on her own, no additional photographer needed. Caitlin's personality is warm and inviting. The friend you feel you have known your whole life. That's important because she is photographing some very personal moments. With that said, she is determined to get that perfect shot and will push to do so. As we look through our hundreds of photographs from our special day, it is unbelievable to see how spectacular it really was. Those pictures, make the emotional roller coaster of planning a wedding worth it all!! The hardest part is now choosing which images we will want to feature throughout our house. So I have touched on amazing creative direction, ease to work with, now I have to communicate her value. Caitlin warrants charging a much higher price. Her flat rate not only includes an engagement shoot (which is incremental for most photographers), but also works the whole day of the wedding. Most photographers I found work 6 or 8 hours and charge accordingly. On our night Caitlin worked 10.5 hours and during that time she captured simply amazing memories. In short, Caitlin has a fantastic creative eye, knows Newport, has a warm personality and is determine to get the best shots. Caitlin's "value" is the icing on the cake. I can't wait to work with Caitlin again in the future for other special events!! -Mary

A real gem

Reviewed on 9/05/2014 Jordan S

Caitlin is one of, if not the, best photographers in the Newport area. She is an absolute joy to work with and is as sweet as can be. She is very calm and relaxed which certainly helps on a potentially stressful day. She certainly has a great eye as she caught several... Read More wonderful candid moments that I would have otherwise missed. Even my guests commented on how wonderful she is. Needless to say, we have so many incredible pictures! We would use her again in a heartbeat!

Best Photographer in the Newport Area

Reviewed on 9/02/2014 Jordan S

Caitlin is not only a skilled and excellent photographer but an overall lovely person as well. she captured the most beautiful moments of our daughter's wedding and engagement. Her work shows the candidness and emotion of the moment yet captures the beauty and setting of the... Read More scene in a perfect way. She is a joy to work with and has a fun and low key style, keeping everyone calm, relaxed and enjoying the moment. She was also so very helpful in recommending other vendors and even a babysitter! Caitlin clearly loves what she does and is excellent at it! Even our guests all commented on how much they enjoyed her and what lovely photos she captured. I highly recommend her!

LOVE Photography by Caitlin!

Reviewed on 7/29/2014 Caitlin B

Caitlin was our wedding photographer, and we couldn't be more happier with our photos! Caitlin is laid back, easy going, and very talented at her craft! She captured every moment of our day without us even noticing! Our guests continue to compliment her on not only the quality... Read More of the photos, but also her professionalism and kindness as well. If you're looking for a photographer for any occasion, I'd highly recommend Photography by Caitlin. You won't be disappointed!

So happy!

Reviewed on 7/28/2014 Lindsay C

I found Caitlin on the Knot when looking for photographers. We couldn't be happier with our decision. Most importantly, the quality of the photographs was amazing. She guided us through the photos on both our engagement shoot and the wedding day to capture amazing memories.... Read More She also did a suburb job catching all the wonderful moments of the day through candid shots of our guest and the special details that make weddings so special. Not only is her photography amazing, she is fun and professional. She makes an effort to get to know you as a couple, she makes you feel at ease, and she is super speedy about getting the photos back. The other really great thing about Caitlin is her dedication to your day. When I worked with her the whole day was mine. She actually photographed us from 11 AM-10:30 PM. she took a short break for dinner (though I would never have known) and was at it all night long. I cannot thank her enough for her dedication to our day. I would recommend her to anyone planning a wedding or just a photo shoot. Congrats to all you brides to be, and I hope that you use Caitlin and are as happy as we are!

Making our memories last!!

Reviewed on 7/28/2014 michelle r

Our wedding memories will last a lifetime thanks to Caitlin! From the complimentary engagement shoot to meeting me at a local pub when she found my lost cell phone, to the best Candids and formals that really captured personalities and the mood of our moment she tailored the... Read More shoots to us in a special way!! During the ceremony and reception I didn't even know she was there but the photos she captured looked as though she was right next to me... She is professional and talented and I'm so glad we had her as a part of our special day!! Thanks Caitlin!!!!

Photography by Caitlin is the BEST

Reviewed on 7/28/2014

My husband and I were married on June 21, 2014 at Holy Apostles Church and our reception was at The Towers in Narragansett, Rhode Island. During our planning process, we had trouble finding a photographer that we were comfortable with. After researching, I found the website... Read More for Photography by Caitlin. I was impressed and booked a meeting with her. She was fantastic! She photographed our engagement shoot and wedding day and the pictures were gorgeous. She is beyond talented and really knows how to capture a moment. Caitlin is easy going and all of our guests loved her! Not only do I have beautiful photos of my husband and I with our wedding party, but our guests also got pictures with their families as well. She is the BEST! I will definitely be booking with Caitlin in the future for family photos!

Excellent Work!

Reviewed on 7/28/2014 Nicole F

My husband Chris and I used Photography by Caitlin on our Wedding Day. Caitlin was fantastic! She took amazing photos for both our engagement and wedding and we couldn't have been more pleased. We will definitely use her again in the future. Caitlin listened to what we... Read More wanted and went above and beyond. She knew all of the classic photos that all brides love to have and also came up with many of her own that I never thought to ask for. Caitlin was on time always, kind, very accommodating and best of all, Caitlin wasn't afraid to roll up her sleeves and get dirty to capture amazing photographs - literally. I highly recommend Photography by Caitlin, you will NOT be disappointed!

Picture Perfect

Reviewed on 7/28/2014

Caitlin is truly amazing. She was so easy going from our first meeting on March 09,2014 for my April 25,2014 wedding (so the pressure was on) she made it that much easier to deal with all the other craziness that comes with wedding planning. She was even thoughtful enough to... Read More offer the names of a hairstylist and make-up artist because I didn't have one yet. Caitlin also arrived early enough to be with my wedding party and I while we were getting ready to capture those funny yet special moments. I later realized my "BIG DAY" would be the fastest day of my life, so when I received the pictures from Caitlin I was so grateful to have had a photographer who was there till the very end because if not I would have missed so many precious moments. Obviously I can not say enough positive things about her, I recommend her to everyone for everything.

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G

Reviewed on 11/14/2013 Andrea C

Caitlin Wood is awesome. You will not regret choosing her as your photographer for any occasion! Caitlin is super talented and amazing at what she does; a true artist! Taking an engagement photo shoot can be really awkward, but Caitlin made my Fiancé (at the time) and I... Read More feel extremely comfortable and relaxed. The pictures came out AMAZING! Caitlin is extremely professional, responsive, creative, and personable. She really goes the extra mile for you. The day of my wedding she was so helpful in what was a hectic environment. She fixed my hair when it was out of place and rallied up my family for photos, which is essentially like herding cats. One particular moment that really sticks out for my husband and I was when Caitlin got on the ground, almost under a car and took a picture of us and our reflection in dirty puddle of water. I was extremely eager to see how this particular picture came out. Let me tell you, it’s one of my favorite pictures - ever! Don’t waste your time looking at a million photographers; Caitlin is the best!