Photos by Miss Ann

Engagement

$5,000+

Wedding

Destination Weddings, Photo

Iceland & Detroit, MI Serving NYC & Reykjavik Iceland and destinations (354) 784-3703

Reviewed on 6/04/2016

Given the type of work Ann Peters does, it seems appropriate to deliver this review in the form of a wedding toast: Ladies and gentlemen, distinguished guests. What can I say about wedding planner and photographer extraordinaire, Ann Peters? Well, the first thing that comes... Read More to mind is professionalism. At every step along the way of our year and a half of planning a destination wedding to Iceland, Ann was responsive, confidence-instilling, and instrumental in making our day special. There is no way that my fiancée and I would have felt comfortable pulling off a wedding in a foreign country without help, and Ann was the perfect planner. She took all of the hassle out of wedding planning and that says a lot! She got to know us through email and skype calls and right away understood the tone and approach that we wanted to take. She always responded to our emails quickly and with a wealth of useful information. At no time in the process did we ever feel “lost” or unsure of what was going on. My fiancée and I joked that we liked Ann so much it almost felt like we were hiring someone to be our friend! Ann’s services were invaluable and her prices were more than fair. For the amount of work that she put into the event (not to mention the planning and advice for the trip surrounding the event) I would have gladly paid her above and beyond her fee, and that doesn’t even take into account the pictures that she took! Her photos are impeccable, epic, dramatic, amazing! I can’t say enough about the quality of her work and the locations she scouted. These are not the kind of pictures that you will bring back from a normal tour of Iceland. These are jaw-dropping, one-of-a-kind shots that you can only get with someone who knows the area and can scout out these secret spots. I could go on and on about Ann, about her rock-star personality, her supernatural ability to bound effortlessly through the terrain like a mountain goat, how she made a day so memorable that my fiancée and I joked that we should get divorced just so we could hire Ann again to plan another wedding – but I’ll leave it with this final point. When we got the pictures back and relived our day viewing them with our parents, my mother started to tear up like she was right back on that beautiful mountain that Ann found for us. Thank you Ann, you do not disappoint. Raise a glass to Ann.

Reviewed on 5/21/2016

What a great wedding day in lovely Iceland! Totally awesome! Although it was raining the whole day long Ann made it a perfect day for both of us. Together with Guðjón (Katla Track) we had so much fun marrying, exploring and enjoying the fantastic and impressive nature, laughing... Read More and eating pylsa and chocolate cake together. All of the photos Ann took in heavy rain are really great, she went through mud and risked to damage/ruin her camera in order to capture lasting images of those unique moments for us. Ann did also a great job in coordinating our wedding beforehand. We got great ideas of possibilities how and where to marry of which we were able to compose our individual wedding day. She made sure that all necessary documents arrive on schedule, she remembered us again and again and was always available for answering all of our questions so that nothing could go wrong and we were able to calm down and enjoy our trip to Iceland. Thanks, Ann, for a fantastic time, an unforgettable wedding day and awesome photos of one of our greatest days of our lives!

Reviewed on 5/20/2016

We hired Ann to plan our wedding in Iceland. It would not have been possible without her. From submitting paperwork, picking the hotel, communitcating with the hotel all the way to planning every adventure on wedding day she was worth her weight in gold. She also kept everything... Read More on track the day before the wedding as well as the day of. She was frontline to put out fires and make sure everything went smoothly. We are so greatful we found her and were able to make our destination wedding dream come true!

Reviewed on 6/25/2015 Bethany S

Oh my goodness! There is absolutely no way we could have had the wedding that we did without Ann! In October we decided that wanted to get married in Iceland and due to schedule issues we had six months and no real idea how to coordinate an overseas wedding. After looking... Read More into looked into a few travel agencies and contacting some hotels directly to start planning, we found Ann. The first Skype session pretty much sealed it for us. We chose Iceland because of its unbelievable natural beauty and we wanted to spend as much time out in it as possible. Ann created seven different full-day, multi-location outdoor adventures, and when we came back and said we really couldn’t decide between a locations from two different plans, she made an eighth one to suit. Her thoroughness and attentiveness to detail not only made the wedding day itself run smoothly (and according to a packed schedule!), but it took out a ton of the stress. Ann was prompt with responses, conscious of our budget, organized (hooray for putting everything into a single multi-tab excel file!!), confident and always upbeat. She was on top of the booking and arrangements for the hotel, reception décor and menus, flowers, celebrant, a bus for the fourteen of us, and a darling mini kransekaka wedding cake. She also went beyond the wedding day itself – working with us to plan, and then also photographing, a traditional tea ceremony and family dinner the night before. We could not have been more pleased with our experience! Thank you thank you thank you Ann!!! And the photos? A picture is worth a thousand words right? So check them out for yourself! http://icelandweddingplanner.com/2015/05/30/iceland-wedding-photographer-bethany-richards-southern-iceland-adventure-wedding/

Reviewed on 5/31/2015

We contacted Ann via the email address provided on her website, and she got back to us very quickly. Right from the start, her enthusiasm grabbed us! We could tell how passionate she is about Photography & Weddings, especially in Iceland. She was so friendly and very helpful... Read More with everything. She arranged a Skype session with us, to discuss everything in more detail. We told her exactly what we wanted our wedding to be, and she was only too pleased to provide! Ann provided us with 7 different options for Wedding itineraries, from which we could mix and match, in order to build the perfect day for us and our 11 guests. Throughout the process of arranging and booking all of the aspects of the wedding (i.e. Pastor, Transport, Sound System, Flowers etc.) Ann kept us up to date regularly, via email, which kept us at ease and in the know. Ann also handled all Hotel booking, and managed to get us and our guests, 15% discount, which was great! When we arrived in Iceland, our hotel informed us that Ann hadn't arrived yet, but had contacted them (and us via email) to say that she had been delayed as a result of bad weather. She reassured us that she would definitely be there in the morning, in time for the wedding that day, and also arranged a backup photographer, incase she still hadn't arrived at the very start of the morning, while we were getting ready. We cannot thank Ann enough for giving us (and capturing) the most perfect day of our lives. We would, without doubt, recommend her to anyone looking for a Destination Wedding planner/photographer. We will certainly be contacting Ann again, when we renew our vows in years to come and maybe even a 1 year Anniversary shoot, this November!! hehe ;) Fantastic photographer and wedding planner - better than we could have ever imagined. Mr & Mrs Turner x Our amazing day: http://icelandweddingplanner.com/2015/02/06/iceland-wedding-photographer-chloe-dannys-adventure/

Reviewed on 5/26/2015 Kaitlyn M

Miss Ann was phenomenal! We knew she was the right photographer almost right away. She is personable, passionate, excited, and talented. She was a great person to spend our special day with. Plus, our wedding photos are so gorgeous that we had trouble deciding which ones we... Read More wanted to purchase! Miss Ann had lots of suggestions for us - from photo locations to poses - and she was patient with us as we took our time making decisions. She allowed us to make our own decisions but provided great guidance and an artistic eye. We ultimately ended up taking her advice in selecting our photo prints, and we love all of our pictures! We highly recommend her and we would hire her again in a heartbeat!

Above and beyond, from start to finish...

Reviewed on 4/01/2015

My (now) husband and I knew we wanted to get married in Iceland, but we also knew we did not want all of the stress that comes along with planning a destination wedding...After an internet search we found Ann's webpage and from our first Skype session with her we knew she would... Read More be perfect for planning and photographing our Icelandic wedding! Communication with Ann was top-notch throughout the entire planning process. She is detail-oriented, organized and kept everything running smoothly. She and her amazing assistant Beth were everything we needed them to be (and more) on our actual wedding day! They kept the excitement and energy alive, all the while keeping everyone organized. Needless to say our photographs were breathtaking.I have received so many compliments that my husband and I have the best wedding pictures that they have ever seen. Because Ann has traveled to and explored Iceland so many times, she knew exactly which locations and areas would be the best to photograph us and took us to many epic spots off the beaten path. If I could go back and do it all over again, I wouldn't...because I could never ask for anything to even come close to the amazing job that Ann did. We are so happy we had her as our incredible planner and photographer! We highly recommend her :)

Extraordinary Icelandic Elopement Adventure!

Reviewed on 9/13/2014

Ann is absolutely amazing in every way! There is no way we would have had an Icelandic wedding beyond our dreams without her. She is a detailed-oriented, proactive planner with all the connections. She is an adventurous and artistic visionary with an eye for the most amazing... Read More destinations and the perfect shot. And she is a best friend – always there for you no matter how small the detail or how many questions you have, and always with a prompt, witty and thoughtful reply. Ann let us know from the very beginning that our wedding was as important to her as it was to us, and she went above and beyond to make the day extraordinary for us. She made our secret little Icelandic elopement feel like an extravagant wedding for two with extra detail perfectly thought out. We are more than grateful to her. Thank you Ann – we love you for giving us a phenomenal day that we will cherish forever!!! And thank you to Beth – a last minute addition to the team who surprised us with a beautifully crafted wedding day video. The two of them together are a dynamic duo whose company and professionalism made our Icelandic elopement truly memorable and a one-of-kind experience. I can’t imagine a better wedding planning / photography team than Photos than Miss Ann – they are simply the best there is!

AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 9/02/2014 Ashleigh K

I could not ask for more in a photographer! She lives by her saying, "Thriving on adventure and love". She made our day even better than I could have dreamed of. She allowed us to have moments together, she'd say, "I'm going to set up my camera over here, (groom) tell the... Read More (bride) how you felt when you first saw her walk down the aisle". My husband and I had a moment to breath, look in each other's eyes and enjoy our day, while she captured every beautiful moment. I would choose her again in a second!! She's fantastic, energetic and fun!

We LOVED Photos By Miss Ann!

Reviewed on 7/08/2014 Brooke J

Ann was AMAZING! She was extremely organized and kept my day flowing exactly as planned! She had so much enthusiasm and was genuinely excited to make our day special. She went above and beyond to get the best pictures. We also received our edited pictures back extremely fast. I... Read More would HIGHLY recommend Photos By Miss Ann to everyone who wants to have a perfect wedding day!

Magical Icelandic Elopement

Reviewed on 7/07/2014

What an AMAZING photographer/wedding planner Miss Ann is. . . AMAZING! She is extremely organized which relieved any anxiety one might have about planning a destination wedding. She kept me well within our budget. In fact, everything turned out more fabulous than I could have... Read More imagined. She often sent me reminders about paperwork for licensing over seas, which I had no clue about. The day of our wedding we had epic blue skies (which I am somewhat certain Miss Ann has something to do with) and each place she stopped to take photos was more beautiful than the last. She has absolutely no fear, and will climb on a roof or hang out a moving car window in order to catch the perfect shot. Any/Everyone wants to get married should absolutely contact her if you want your day to be as magical as you have always dreamed.

Loved Miss Ann!

Reviewed on 6/03/2014 Maureen R

Ann + Chris are awesome! If you are looking for a duo to photograph your wedding, you've just found them! Ann is so creative, high energy, always looking for the perfect shot, flexible, super responsive, and overall was my go-to person for setting up the photo timeline for our... Read More wedding. I couldn't have chosen a better company and photographer for my wedding. (Also, if you are a bride-to-be, ask Ann about a boudoir shoot as a groom's gift idea. My husband raved about the pictures Ann took. She created a fun, friendly atmosphere and made me feel comfortable in every shot.)

Traci

Reviewed on 9/12/2013 Traci B

I could not be happier with the service I received from Ann from the minute I talked to her we instantly clicked I knew she was the one that was going to be able to capture every moment of my wedding day. Ann is fun , energetic,creative and outgoing. The compliments I receive... Read More from both my wedding and engagement photos are endless . When I move on to the next stage of my life ( having babies) Ann will be the only photographer I contact to take my newborn pictures. SIMPLY AMAZING!

Handled my lively party well!!

Reviewed on 12/29/2012 Amy K

Miss Ann does great work. We were on a strict schedule and with the large wedding party I was a little worried but she kept everyone in line and on track!! She was able to get the photos we had discussed and then some! Not only was she full of energy, she is prompt! We received... Read More our pictures within the week after the wedding. Amazing. I cant thank her enough.

AMAZING PHOTOS

Reviewed on 12/28/2012 Nicki A

Ann did a great job. She worked with me prior to the wedding to get a feel for what I liked and for the things I did not. She could not have captured my wedding any better and capture all of my ideas I could imagine. I will definitely request Ann to others. I think she is great,... Read More enthusiastic, and really able yo get the group to have fun and capture what the day is truly about. She is absolutely amazing.

2013-02-11T07:18:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you Nicki! See Nicki's wedding featured on The Budget Savvy Bridal Blog here: http://thebudgetsavvybride.com/michigan-church-wedding-with-a-union-hall-reception/

Fastest photographer out there

Reviewed on 7/21/2012 Angela H

Ann is great! She is wonderful at communicating with you beforehand. She worked with us to create a package that included everything we wanted and got rid of everything we didn't. We used her for our engagement pictures and our wedding day. She is very adventurous and will have... Read More you do lots of crazy stuff that leads to cool pictures if you're willing. We had online access to all of our wedding photos within 24 hours of our event. Crazy!

Photographer

Reviewed on 10/04/2011 lori w

Was extremely cheerful in emails and nice in person. We had reviewed her website as we wanted something a little different than the ordinary posed wedding pictures and really liked her work. Was a little disappointed at the actual photos..some were great but some were poor in... Read More terms of angle, creativity and just in general of guests were nothing special. Makes a coffee table book at the end but was surprised when I asked if we could choose the pictures for the book ourselves as she told us no one had ever done that before.Im not sure how someone else could pick the photos that would mean the most to you. Also charged 3 dollars per page over 25 (which compared to other online sites was very expensive.) It sort of seemed like what the customer wanted wan't as important as what she thought but at least she did agree after some convincing to consider a different viewpoint and was always cordial in response.

2012-12-19T14:13:35 Response from the vendor

Lori, I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We reached out to you to help resolve these differences at the time of service in a professional manner. You did not voice these concerns to us when we sent you the preview of... Read Less Read More

Destination Wedding

Reviewed on 11/07/2010 Ann M

I used Miss Ann for my engagement session which was affordable and the pics came out great. We used these pics on our save the date. She then traveled to our destination wedding in Hilton Head SC. The pics were as beautiful as the setting and the travel was included in her price... Read More so she was a steal.

AMAZING WEDDING PICS!

Reviewed on 10/12/2010 Sarah B

Miss Ann was amazing since the first moment I met her. She has so much energy, and did whatever she had to do for a great shot. I had a crazy, and large wedding party and she kept them in line so we could stay on schedule with everything. Quick, efficient, and no nonsense!... Read More The pictures turned out better than I ever expected, and the coffee table book holds amazing memories of our big day! I'm not sure how she gets everything done so quickly, but after we got back from our honeymoon I had an email about meeting up with her to get our proofs, and everything else that was included. Most people seem to wait 3-6 months. When it's a special event and you're anxious to see pics, you don't want to wait that long, and I was thrilled that I didn't have to. I would recommend Miss Ann to anyone... fantastic!!

Handles large wedding parties well!

Reviewed on 6/28/2010 Courtney R

We were the 3rd people out of our friends to use Miss Ann and there will be at least 3 people from my wedding party to use her again. We had a large wedding party so its was hard to get people to focus and stay on track. Shes very straight forward and will tell you exactly... Read More what she wants so that you dont have all the extra unwanted pictures. She did both our engagement and wedding photos. Would recommend to others for sure.

Review for Photos By Miss Ann

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Deborah H

She was on the ball the entire time. She flew into IL for engangment photos and also to FL for our wedding The day of the wedding she was seen at 6am taking photos of the sunrise. She stayed up until about midnight when the last photo was taken. The photos were... Read More loaded right away for veiwing. She was nothing short of amazing. When we saw the pics we didn't realize how many she had snapped. She was never in the way and we never knew she was there.;If you don't like perfect then don't hire her. She made it a breeze to deal with and seeing that she was the most important function of capturing our memories She hit is spot on.