Classical, Country, Hip-Hop, Pop, R&B, Rock

Live Music, Music

2202 North Atlanta St., Greater New Orleans Area, LA (504) 307-9124

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jill E

Michael and the entire band are awesome! They are wonderful to work with and they kept everyone on the dance floor. They also let my cousin sing with them my bride song coming down the aisle and our first dance!!! Thank you so very much for making my wedding fabulous!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 H R

GREAT! HIGHLY Recommend. All the guests loved them! Always a full dance floor!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Lisa S

Phunky Monkeys and Brass Monkeys! You were the first vendor we found and we were so lucky that our date in October was the only one you had available. When we signed, I told my friend, and she said "that's the amazing band I told you about from the bridal show at Generations... Read More Hall." We continued to hear how lucky we were from people at other weddings you did, and then experienced it first hand at a family wedding, and could not wait! We made the best decision to not only have you as our band, but also have two of your very talented musicians, Nick and Reggie, play for the ceremony, and have the Brass Monkeys do the second line. It was a highlight! You can't get better than the Phunky Monkeys, so why have separate ceremony and second line musicians?! Mike, you actually sounded like Louis Armstrong and we could go on about each musician, ie. we loved when the sax player, Reggie came onto the dance floor, and he did the limbo while playing the sax at Jen and Rob's wedding! Also, it was very cool seeing David on the dance floor singing Mackelmore's "Can't Hold us!" They really are so talented. We will not stop raving about you. Our friend already told me that she is planning her wedding date around when you're available. Thanks for making what can be a stressful process so smooth from troubleshooting ceremony speakers/mic to second line logistics, taking time to go over our song list and to learn new songs! We wish we could hear you play all the time. Wait, we can! We must come to Razzoo! Thank you so much for being so wonderful to work with and making our wedding so fun and memorable.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Marisa P

absolutely amazing band!! the phunky monkeys played our reception on October 1st at the Tea Room, and we could have not imagined a better band!!! they were perfect from start to finish, got the whole crowd involved, and ensured everyone had an amazing time! We have gotten SO... Read More many compliments on them from our friends and family- they truly made the reception phenomenal! Loved them so much!! definitely recommend!!!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Stephanie M

Wow!!! BEST BAND EVER!!! From the range of songs they played to the energy they had, they completely MADE our reception! We love how they get on the dance floor with the guests and get everyone up on their feet. All of our friends and family are still talking about how amazing... Read More they were! They truly brought the party!! HIRE THIS BAND!!

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 Aaron R

Phunky Monkeys was the BEST BAND EVER! They kept the party going and impressed ALL of our guests. We had a 4 hour reception, but not to worry, Phunky Monkeys has 16 pages of song selections for you to choose from. They play many styles of music, so they can cater to your... Read More musical tastes. We have so many people asking us who they are and commenting about how they want to book the Phunky Monkeys for future events. I cannot say enough how much I love this band! Also, Mike was the kindest man to work with for the booking and picking out our songs and how we would be introduced. They made our reception UNFORGETTABLE! (though that was not our first dance song :)

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Brooke L

HIRE. THIS. BAND. Being an out of town bride, my husband and I weren't able to listen to any bands live before we picked one for our wedding day. Needless to say, we were nervous because the music makes or breaks the reception. My guests are definitely dancers and we wanted the... Read More dance floor to be one big party. Well, people are STILL talking about the band from our wedding and it will be a year ago in September. They are very easy to work with and can play virtually anything. They rapped, nailed the ballads, and the horns really made the sound come to life. A few members of the band actually provided the acoustic guitar music for the ceremony too and did a fabulous job. You had to fight for a spot on the dance floor because everyone was up out of their seats and dancing all night. We wanted to extend the reception because everyone was having so much fun! Their sound and energy is unparalleled! My guests actually commented that they sounded better singing the songs than the original artists. They also have said that every other wedding reception is ruined for them going forward after being at ours. It was that fun! If they are willing to travel we will be reaching out to them for my husbands 40th birthday party. As you can see, I can't say enough good things and sound like a Phunky Monkey fanatic. Maybe I am. Thank you to the Phunky Monkeys for an unforgettable performance and wedding reception!

Reviewed on 3/30/2016

This is absolutely the best band in the city for a wedding. Their song list is incredible. In fact, one of our guests asked me if they were lip syncing. Which of course they were not. They came to wedding dressed in tuxedos. Very professional. The guests of all ages danced... Read More the entire night. The song list was picked out by the bride and she did a wonderful job from start to finish. Everyone is still talking about the band at the wedding. Can't say enough about them.

Reviewed on 3/22/2016 Krista B

I don't even know where to start with how amazing this band is! Being from New Orleans, I have high expectations for music and this band FAR exceeded our expecations. Our wedding was in Natchez, MS (about 3 hours away from Nola). Mike was SO easy to deal with from start to... Read More finish. From first booking with them to the wedding night you always made us feel at ease and we had no worries that you would put on an amazing show. Here's just a few of the comments we received "where in the world did this band come from? They are amazing", "So so fun. That band was incredible. Best I've ever heard I think", "I've been to probably 50 weddings and that band is by far the best I've ever seen", "that guy who sang Prince was incredible, literally". We also had a guest who plans on cancelling her band and losing her deposit (something I'm VERY familiar with haha) because after hearing y'all she realized y'all are a "WOW" band and guests cannot help but hit the dance floor. Our dance floor was filled the entire time and our guests had the best time. Our friends, our parents friends, and our grandparents were on the dance floor the entire time. Oh, and thanks for first, learning multiple new songs for us and second for letting Alex and I karaoke on your stage!! Seriously, I cannot thank them enough for driving all the way to Natchez, Mississippi and making our wedding one that we will always remembered. Such an amazing experience!!! We love you guys!! Thank you SO much for making our wedding one that will be talked about for years!

Reviewed on 2/25/2016

One word EXCEPTIONAL!! We booked The Phunky Monkeys for our daughter's reception in February. That night was phenomenal. You put on a fabulous show. Everyone had a blast. You know it was great, when the light came on and it was over, no one wanted to leave. My phone rang... Read More off the hook for several days following. Can't say enough. Thanks for making their day so memorable. The way you engaged my daughter and her new husband and the guest was amazing. All got involved and it was wonderful. Many thanks, I am one happy Mom

Reviewed on 12/24/2015 Sarah K

Let me start with this: 9 months later and people STILL bring up how awesome our band was! There was literally not a SECOND the dance floor was empty! Even during their break they had great dance music playing. I can't recommend this band enough. If you are even a little bit... Read More curious, go see them everything Sunday-Thursday at 8pm at Razzoo's. That's how I initially found them and would find myself going there JUST to listen to them. Oh and if you are a Whitney Houston fan, their lead singer can do it ALL!

Reviewed on 6/01/2015

We hired the Phunky Monkeys for our wedding at Latrobes on Royal. From the start they were great! They were easy to communicate with, kind and professional. We booked them without seeing them live, but they were one of the only bands that we liked their videos online. After we... Read More already booked them, we were in New Orleans and stopped into see them on Bourbon. That confirmed for us we made the right decision on a band! They had the perfect variety of music to choose from. We both like 70s, but I'm also a 90s girl. We went through the bands EXTENSIVE list of songs and told them what music we like. They put together the most perfect song list for our wedding. We weren't sure if all of our guests would dance all night, which is what we wanted them to do, so we hired dancing to get the crowd going. Gosh, that was unnecessary as the Phunky Monkeys had all of our wedding guests dancing ALL night! We had a four-hour reception, so you think they would get tired - nope. With the Phunky Monkeys playing you CAN'T stop dancing; YES, they are THAT good!! After over a month since the wedding guests are still raving about them. Oh, Mike, who leads the Phunky Monkeys asked if we wanted them to play Hava Nagila. Thank goodness he asked that question as I forgot to ask! They definitely went above and beyond for the wedding. If you're doing a New Orleans reception for your wedding and want to have fun and dance, this is THEE band!

Diverse selections, awesome band!

Reviewed on 4/07/2015 Rashaad W

This band was just simply fantastic! Book them now! I am a Black American from Louisiana and my new hubby is Norwegian. This was the first time our families would be together and of course I was concerned with the broad spread of preferred music. I asked the band to read the... Read More crowd and keep the party going. It's as if the Phunky Monkeys dried the Atlantic Ocean and merged our two continents! They played everything from pop, hip-hop, rock, EVEN zydeco!! It was just awesome the way they blended the music together. The dance floor was empty only when the took their break! (only one break) Each band member had a great attitude and even danced, sang and played instruments among the guests. All the guest raved about the band and one guest even comment that my reception "ruined all other receptions to follow." I think that just says it all. Book them early! :)

AMAZING!!

Reviewed on 3/03/2015 Sarah C

I can't even describe how amazing the Phunky Monkeys were at our wedding! They sounded amazing and everyone loved them. A lot of the guests liked the fact that they could see what songs were going to be played next on a side screen on the stage. Mike was super helpful and... Read More nice, even with my crazy song requests! Thank you so much, the band made the event!

If you wanna dance, get this band!

Reviewed on 2/26/2015 Renee L

I found these guys through their agent and could not be happier. Their stage presence was great, they got us up on stage to sing a few songs, and they played EVERYTHING! They definitely understand the flow of a party--I let them know I didn't want too many slow songs and just... Read More wanted everyone dancing the whole time. They know exactly how to execute! If you're questioning whether or not to book them, just do it!

WOW!

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Jonathan G

I cannot say enough great things about this band. They bent over backwards for us and we had such a great time with them. Top notch musicians all around. These guys made the party! I highly recommend them for any event.

SO. MUCH. FUN!!!!

Reviewed on 6/25/2014 Jennifer

I come from a big family of music lovers so I knew whatever band we picked would have to be amazing. I chose very wisely! The Phunky Monkeys were a HUGE hit. Select family members and I checked out so many bands and I was so excited when my first choice was available (we did... Read More chose very early in the engagement since we knew bands get booked up quickly). Their stage presence, energy, vocal ability, repertoire... Just can't be beat. Their playlist is soooo extensive! They started out with some disco/ old school, then 80s... Then got into some newer stuff.. Never thought "all I do is win" would get so many people pumped on the dance floor but it was a hit! And they were very sweet and easy to work with. And VERY professional but still personable. They stuck to a list we approved (since their playlist is SO extensive, they have some explicit songs that I figured my grandmother wouldn't enjoy). Even the non "music people" who don't enjoy dancing raved about them. Only downside was I loved the music so much, I just had to dance to it! I probably should've spent less time on the dance floor and more time mingling!!! ;)

Phunky Monkeys Wedding Band

Reviewed on 3/02/2014 Chelsy M

I have received more compliments about the band than any other aspect of the wedding and it is easy to see why - they were truly amazing! So much fun, so talented and had the dance floor full all night with a mix of oldies, New Orleans music and current top 40 hits - everything... Read More from Marvin Gaye to Justin Timberlake to both Empire State of Mind and New York, New York (we live in NYC). Plus they learned a song for our first dance and traded lots of emails back and forth with us on playlists and do not play lists and stuck closely to our requests. And the bandleader was super flexible with timing and making announcements during the wedding - even giving us an encore! Highly recommend working with the Phunky Monkeys if you and your guests love to dance.

Awesome Band

Reviewed on 8/22/2013 Courtney R

I heard this band and a bridal show and instantly emaield to see if they were available. They did a fantastic job at my wedding. They were able to play everything from Frank Sinatra to Top 40s. Everyone at my wedding danced; including the people that don't usually dance. I... Read More would definitely recommend this band to others.