Fun Art Photography inspired by Love

I see photography as an art that is as much visual as it is poetic and narrative. A love story, such as a wedding day, provides the perfect scene in which to explore the rich and dynamic aesthetic qualities of photography. I feel fortunate to be able to put my photographic knowledge and craft in service of those who want to celebrate love. I think that this is one of the greatest gifts I can give to our world, and also one that the world has given to me.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

California and destinations across the US. (707) 791-4710

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Anne W

We hired Juan based on the recommendation of a friend who had hired him for some photo shoots. We are so happy that we did! We had two days of photography shoots--the first day at our wedding ceremony, with just family, in the Mural Room at the Courthouse in Santa Barbara, and... Read More the next evening for a large party at the Biltmore for friends and family. The Mural Room can likely be a bit challenging to shoot but Juan captured the beautiful murals with the most ethereal light. And the photos of us and our family looked absolutely gorgeous. There is one particular shot, that we have framed, that is spectacular--it captures my husband and me during our vows with family looking on and the great murals behind. It has a truly cinematic quality as though from a film still. Juan has a wonderful, kind and professional way about him so he's very easy to work with. Artistically, he provides great direction and suggestions. I felt as though I was working with a great film director during the posed shots--that was really unexpected fun. He also struck a perfect balance between posed and candid shots on both occasions. I can recommend Juan Pinnel, wholeheartedly, for any occasion that calls for special photographs.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Heather C

Juan was the absolute best. I could not have imagined a better photographer to share our wedding day with. He made us feel so comfortable and relaxed both during our engagement session and during our wedding. He was professional, on time, and quick processing our photos. His... Read More style matched our vision and the photos turned out wonderfully and we'll cherish them forever. I even had special requests to have some extra photos processed and he was quick to respond, happy to help, and delivered those quickly as well. I would happily recommend Juan Pinnel Photography to anyone!

2016-10-27T00:22:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you Heather! I had a great time always when working with you!.Hope to see you around soon either in Santa Barbara or Ventura.

Reviewed on 4/11/2016

We hired Juan for a wedding shoot and an engagement shoot that involved several out-of-the-ordinary demands. From the very beginning, Juan was more than accommodating in adapting to our various needs. Whether it was hiking up a trail backwards on a hot day while photographing... Read More our journey, holding multiple days for us in case of bad weather, adjusting to last minute schedule changes, signing our marriage license as a witness, or meeting my micromanagey requests for specific photo angles that I had envisioned, Juan embraced everything with a smile and captured just about every important moment across the 8 hours we were with him in total. As I’m sure you (the reader) are already aware, wedding photography is a very costly investment. After looking into most of the local photographers in the SB/Ventura area, Juan was the only one who was able to flex to our specific needs and offer a package within our budget. For his great flexibility, artistic eye, quality post-production work, professional and reliable communication, timeliness, quick turnaround, and good value, I strongly recommend him to couples looking for a wedding photographer. On top of all of these things, Juan is an incredibly warm and inspirational person. You may not realize it when you are looking to book, but a wedding photographer is a person who will be intimately sharing your most meaningful day on earth with you. I've met many photographers and staff members of larger photography companies who let the business distance themselves from the human element of photography. I cannot recommend a nicer or more genuine person to share your special day with, who also has a natural gift for capturing timeless moments and turning them into even more timeless memories.

Reviewed on 4/22/2017 Zennia H

We are so happy to have chosen Juan as our wedding photographer. His work is phenomenal, his personality was wonderful to work with, and his prices were very reasonable. All his packages include an engagement shoot and I was so thankful we did this because we were able to get to... Read More know Juan before the wedding and to work out any awkward posing kinks you get when you don’t like being in front of the camera – like me. The day of the wedding, we knew what kind of poses we wanted because we’ve done it already! What first drew me to Juan was his landscape oriented tableaus and his expert use of natural lighting. Since the wedding reception was outdoors we wanted someone who was strong in that area and knew the best way to take pictures in the hot Southern California sun. As expected, both the engagement and wedding day photos look amazing. The colors are vibrant, the composition is dynamic, and when I look at the photos I feel like I’m reliving the moments. Thank you to Juan for his amazing work on our wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Ben O

Working with Juan Pinnel was great. He personalized the experience to what we needed and left us with hundreds of beautiful images. Juan's ability to capture candid moments provided us with our favorite photos from the day. Photography became a worry-free part of wedding... Read More planning thanks to Pinnel Photography.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Tina S

Juan is amazing! He is professional, creative and expressive in both his nature and his work. Our family and friends thought he was great and the kids loved him. He was very easy to work with. Our pictures are stunning and exactly what we wanted!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Kristy B

I'm so happy we found Juan for our wedding photography! Juan is a true professional and cares so much about the couple and capturing their love and happiness. I sometimes feel awkward when having my photo taken as I don't like to be posed, but Juan made me and my fiance feel at... Read More ease and was able to capture very natural and beautiful photos. Thank you, Juan!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Stephanie K

Juan was an absolute pleasure to work with! I was impressed with his portfolio. He has a remarkable eye for composition and an uncanny ability to capture organic moments. We were looking for a photographer who could capture all of the important organic moments of our wedding... Read More without it feeling staged. Juan over delivered in that regard! Further, Juan is technically savvy. Our reception was in a dark winery and we did not want strobes popping off. Juan worked with the available light and still got great image quality. We now have an abundance of beautiful photos that really captured the feel and spirit of our wedding that we love to look at again and again. Bravissimo!

2016-10-27T14:13:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you Stephanie and Michael, I'm so glad to have worked with you!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Anthony J

Juan is fantastic! Excellent photos, very professional on the day, and amazingly fast turnaround. We got married less than 2 weeks ago and already have our photos back! We first met Juan for our engagement shoot and he did a great job at capturing our personalities and got us... Read More some beautiful shots together. He is great at the staged photos, but it's the candids that take his work to the next level. He has such a great ability to take photos that truly encapsulate moments between people and tell a story. My wife and I would wholeheartedly recommend Juan to anyone. He is extremely fun and easy to work with and will give you truly magazine quality photos.

2016-10-26T23:59:55 Response from the vendor

It was a pleasure working with you and Molly! So much beauty on your day, and super fun party!!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Jocelyne W

Working with Juan has been so incredible!! Everyone is saying our photos look like they should be in high-end magazines. He's great at capturing all kinds of shots whether it's guests having fun, incredible ceremony photos, groups shots, bridal and groom & bride photos. They... Read More are breathtaking!! He's really communicative and reliable, as well, and got the album to us really fast.

2016-10-26T23:08:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you Joselyne! It was so great working with you!! So many amazing photos. I verny much look forward to shooting some more together soon!!!

Reviewed on 6/04/2016 Carly V

Juan is amazing! He captured every moment of my wedding in the most beautiful light. And there were so many pictures to choose from! I loved the bridal solos and the pictures of my groom and I-especially the candids of us walking up the aisle after we were pronounced. Priceless!... Read More Juan has a really nice website with some beautiful photos. After I looked at his portfolio, I knew I wanted to work with him. He impressed me right away with his quick and detailed responses to my inquiries. Juan gave us a list of packages to choose from, as well as add on services that we could purchase so that we could create a custom package to fit our needs. I don't know if other photographers do that or not, but they should! Juan is appreciative of the opportunity to work with you. He enjoys taking photos and he is passionate about getting the perfect shot. And our online gallery was available before we got back from our honeymoon! Juan is such a great photographer. I highly recommend him.

2016-06-06T12:04:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words Carly! Hard not to appreciate working with great people like you and your family. So much beauty and such a great time at your wedding. It was inspiring to work with you.

Reviewed on 4/09/2016

Juan was fantastic! We had a private wedding ceremony on the beach and Juan was able (and willing!) to maneuver around, get his feet wet, climb on rocks to capture the perfect angles and make it look as though we were the only couple on the beach when in reality it was packed!... Read More Juan had great energy, very engaging and we couldn't have asked for more beautiful photos to look back on and remember our special day. We couldn't be more pleased And will definitely consider rehiring him for future occasions.

Best decision to hire Juan!

Reviewed on 12/27/2015

Our elopement was absolutely perfect. It was even more special, because Juan did an amazing job. Our pictures are breathtaking, and we are so grateful that we get to cherish them forever. We were on the fence about having a photographer, because everything was planned so... Read More quickly, but finding Juan was the easiest part. His communication with us before and after our day, really displayed his true dedication and work ethic towards his clients. Juan made us feel so loved, because he was really invested in our story and families. When we received our beautiful photos, they brought tears to our eyes and made us relive every moment of our day. We could not be happier with Juan and his incredible talent. We cannot wait to work with him again for more special moments in our future. (Juan, thank you so much from the bottom of our hearts! With love, Ian and Sierra)

2015-12-29T08:39:07 Response from the vendor

Being part of such intimate wedding was a touching experience. I´m so glad our paths came together and hope there is more to come in the future. It was a great pleasure to work with Ian and Sierra!

Juan Saves the Day!

Reviewed on 11/17/2015

Juan was a wonderful photographer, and we were so lucky to find him! We had a handful of photographers fall through, and we were stuck with no photographer, two weeks out from the wedding! Juan was extremely easy to work with, from beginning to finish. He not only gave us an... Read More amazing price, but delivered beautiful photographs despite very challenging conditions. Not only do my husband and I have extremely disparate skin tones, but we got married outside, at night, with only ambient lighting. We said our vows in the dark! But Juan even managed to get wonderful photos of those moments. Before the day I had asked him to really focus on the emotions and atmosphere, with a preference for candid, natural photos. He did an amazing job capturing the energy, feelings, and atmosphere for the whole event. He has a great eye for color and composition, and for the few posed photos we took, he tactfully and effortlessly guided us into better lighting and positions. There is always a lot going on at a wedding, but Juan was tuned in and put the utmost energy into tracking down and capturing as many meaningful moments as possible. We all felt very comfortable with him, and he easily meshed with the whole vibe. Everyone is impressed with the results, and it was a great experience.

2015-11-17T16:22:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you Sara. I´m glad I could deliver more than you expected. It was a very fun wedding to shoot!

Amazing Photography

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

Juan Pinnel was an amazing photographer to work with for our wedding day. I found his website and immediately knew his style of photography would make our wedding look beautiful and capture every moment. We were very happy with our pictures and received unedited shots the very... Read More night after our wedding. We also received all our edited shots in less than 3 weeks, and I am beyond thrilled with all the pictures he was able to capture. Juan is also a genuinely nice person and such a pleasant energy to have at our wedding. We were so happy to hire a true photographer and not just a "picture taker" for our wedding day. All we have left after our wedding are Juan Pinnel's photos which we will cherish forever.

2015-10-30T13:40:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you Tresa for your kind words, it was so enjoyable to be part of your day! The good energy you mentioned was just a part of what you and David irradiate to those around you, and the beautiful images a reflection of who both... Read Less Read More

Awesome photographer!

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 Cat M

I have hired Juan on 3 separate occasions and he has been wonderful throughout them all! Juan was extremely professional and kind from the very beginning. He is flexible and creative in regards to timing and locations. He is also very open to ideas and looks that you may have.... Read More Our engagement photos and bridal shoot were gorgeous and he took the time needed to create some amazing shots. There are so many good ones - it's been hard to choose my favorites! I also hired him for our wedding in July, 2015. Our wedding happened to be on a day that an enormous thunderstorm came through Southern CA. Our venue was outdoors and we had to move the reception last minute to a hotel nearby. Juan stuck through it all and got some BEAUTIFUL and very candid photos of us and our guests. We will be able to look back on these photos and know exactly how we were feeling in those moments. Juan is so good at capturing the true heart and soul of his subjects. I highly recommend him for his talent, professionalism and kindness!

Juan Martin Pinnel

I am an Argentine Photographer based in California. BA in Media Studies and trained Cinematographer at Universidad del Cine in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and New York Film Academy. For over 15 years, I worked as Director of Photography and Cameraman for film, advertising and television in Buenos Aires and Latin America. At the same time I worked in the moving image business I developed my still photography skills, and after showing my work in several galleries and art centers, I started my own still photography studio, Pinnel Photography, based in California.